My Team

My Team 2020: Version 1.3

Discuss your team in My Team.

AFL Fantasy is here for 2020! The game has launched  and it’s time to play with our teams up until that full lockout at 7:50pm AEDT on Friday 20th March.

All prices can be found by clicking here. Below is how initial prices have been calculated.

• $13,000,000 salary cap is projected.
  • Players are priced based on their output last season. eg. 2019 average x magic number (approx 7418 for 2020).
  • Players who missed a full season receive a discount of 30% on their 2018 average.
  • Players who have missed two or more seasons received a discount of 35% on their last available average.
  • Players playing less than 10 games receive a 3% discount on each game under 10. eg. Play 5 games in 2016, then they receive a 15% discount. This is applied to the higher of their season average from the last two years.

Don’t forget to read the targets by Pete from aflratings.com.au on each club where you can also listen to the podcasts and download a printable pdf. Click here to access the articles. If you wish to continue using DT Live’s Drawing Boardclick here to access Chad’s masterpiece.

JOIN OUR OPEN LEAGUE: S52TZ49Y

27Will GouldSYDDEF$220,00021%
28Callan WardGWSMID$539,00021%
29Sam JacobsGWSRUC$514,00021%
30Noah AndersonGCSMID$268,00021%

Tigerfuzz

February 19, 2020 at 11:14 pm

Thoughts on Ceglar as a fwd option?
    Finished the year with back to back hundreds with Mcevoy in the team, still young and about to enter his prime as a ruck. I can’t see any reason why his scores would go down this year, and if their ruck set up shifts even slightly more towards ceglar as the main ruck and he gets another 10 HO a game and another 3 possessions there’s 15points of upside, for minimal risk. From all training reports Mcevoy has been training down back, but regardless it’s reasonable enough to suggest for Ceglar to get slightly more mid/ruck time this year.

emily

February 19, 2020 at 11:22 pm

yeah not sure on him tiger, depends I think on where ur putting the cash u save I guess,
      def a POD. Mcvoy is playing down back so I think he will be solo

from the foot fetish girl

Razza

February 19, 2020 at 11:42 pm

a good alternative/POD instead of Greenwood or Wingard. a strong preseason could see Wingard avg around 90 if given midfield time. If you reckon Ceglar can avg 90 then I say pick him as a POD. High risk high reward.

Tigerfuzz

February 19, 2020 at 11:51 pm

Why would it be high risk? Worst case he maintains his price/avg at 75?

Razza

February 20, 2020 at 12:17 am

if you’re gonna spend $560k on a player, you’d want value for money. you can spend much less on a player for a 75 avg

emily

February 19, 2020 at 11:29 pm

Baboshka read the previous comments if you jump on here girl, miss havin a chat

from the foot fetish girl

3. Fooz

Fooz

February 20, 2020 at 11:30 am

Still something I’m considering, seeing (painfully) held him all last year:
    Heeney vs Dawson.
    Yes I know Heeney is currently nursing a broken thumb, but he did manage to play all 22 games last year. Dawson is a pre-season hype, but worth looking at. Who else in that $600 – 650 K is worth looking at ?

Thoughts please.

emily

February 20, 2020 at 12:34 pm

u can never be sure with Heeney, if Franklin is there it will help him,but if hes not it might b a tough year.
      And Dawson who knows.

from the foot fetish girl

The Chosen Won

February 20, 2020 at 1:02 pm

Selby’s thoughts on Heeney..

I’ve incorrectly picked this breakout the past two seasons, and maybe it’s because I’m stubborn, but I have the feeling this will be the year.

Good Luck

Fooz

February 20, 2020 at 5:17 pm

… that’s what I thought last year – especially with Hanners shifting to StK and Kennedy not getting any younger… I started with both Mills and Heeney. Ouch

Sunnyjim

February 20, 2020 at 11:31 am

I’m liking my team but what are your thoughts?

5k in bank

Def: Daniel, Houston, Doch, Roberton, Young, Gould (ling, McLennan)
    Mid: Macrae, Treloar, Mitchell, Selwood, A McGrath, Rowell, Rivers, Pickett (McHenry, Bytel)
    Ruck: Grundy, ROB (Cameron)
    Fwd: Whitfield, Devon, Greenwood, Rozee, Townsend, Georgiades (Rankine, M King)
    Utility: Starcevich

Thinking maybe it’s wiser to downgrade Rozee to chayce Jones and upgrade McGrath to an Uber but I really think both could breakout by 20 points this year

Your Uncle Bob

February 20, 2020 at 3:30 pm

i like this team quite a bit, i would consider the downgrade of rozee to Jones and then an upgrade in the midfield but its up to you whether you want the cash of McGrath or the safe 100+ of an uber mid. but i would wait and see McGraths role in the community series first.

emily

February 20, 2020 at 12:37 pm

I like the McGrath pick there is a little upside with I think.
    Rozee, well it’s Port, and Hinks, your guess is as good as mine lol

from the foot fetish girl

SouvLarkey

February 20, 2020 at 1:04 pm

I’m struggling to nail my r2, this is an opportunity for you to sell me your preferred selection.

emily

February 21, 2020 at 5:28 pm

SouvLarkey, ROB is who I am going with and I think its the smartest move. He’s the closest 1 to move up to Gawn, but if he takes an injury u can go down a player.
      A lot of flexibility not just points ull get from ROB.

I was thinking Mcavoy but a slight injury last night has scared me off that 1.

The thing is no 1 wants to make a bad decisions, but I don’t think this is one of them. He plays Sydney first up who knows which RCK he’ll be against then
      Then he has the showdwon (Lycett) Martin then the tigers
      3 home games then the MCG to start off pretty easy start I think.

from the foot fetish girl

Adam

February 20, 2020 at 1:38 pm

What do you guys see being the difference between Dunkley and Macrae for averages this year ?

I’m toying with going Dunkley over Macrae and using the 35k elsewhere

Dunkley had 12 of his last 16 games at 118+. I feel he’s a very strong chance of a 120+ season

The Chosen Won

February 20, 2020 at 2:52 pm

Both will be in your team by seasons end you just need to work out one presents the best value right now and how it helps the rest of your team in the early rounds.

Dunkley over Macrae for me

Good Luck in 2020

SouvLarkey

February 20, 2020 at 3:05 pm

why not both?

john

February 20, 2020 at 5:45 pm

Both are in for a ripper year. Ive got both