Team Sheets

Team Sheets – Rd. 16

All the news, rumours, and team sheets for round 16!

IT’S THURSDAY!!

Well, the byes may be over but the carnage continues!  Injuries to Caleb Daniel, Patrick Dangerfield, and Max Gawn will have many coaches scrambling, could the selection table serve up even more chaos?  I really really hope so!

Round 16 kicks off 19:50 AEST Friday night so make sure you have all your trades and emergencies locked in by then!  The Traders will be reacting LIVE today from 18:15 AEST on the Official AFL Fantasy Facebook page to the team announcements, so think of this article as your text-based companion guide.

As always, this post will be updated as more information comes in, so if you’ve seen some news that I’ve missed feel free to tweet it at me and I’ll follow it up.

Hawthorn vs Collingwood

The Hawks start us off this week by omitting a rookie 4.8% were still rolling with, Dylan Moore.  Jonathon Ceglar is also out, Ben Stratton and Mitchell Lewis come in.

Isaac Quaynor (246k DEF) will FINALLY debut for the Magpies, he joins Jamie Elliot and James Aish coming into the team. Brayden Sier has overcome concussion so he holds his spot.  The outs are Ben Reid, Levi Greenwood, and Travis Varcoe.

Essendon vs Sydney

Zac Clarke replaces the injured Tom Bellchambers for the Bombers.  Jake Stringer and Matt Guelfi also come in for Josh Begley and Kyle Langford who are both omitted.

Sydney have gone the part-timer route to replace Callum Sinclair because their sole inclusion is Harry Cunningham.  Sam Reid named in the ruck.

Gold Coast vs Richmond

Josh Corbett is back for the Suns (and 7% of Fantasy coaches), plus Jacob Heron will play his first game in 2019.  Corey Ellis and Will Brodie have been omitted.

We have another debutant!  Derek Eggmolesse-Smith (170k DEF) comes in for the injured Josh CaddyPatrick Naish isn’t even an emergency?

Adelaide vs Port Adelaide

Heaps of changes for the Showdown!  Wayne Milera, Josh Jenkins, and David Mackay are in but no Tom Lynch.  Ben Davis is one and done, Bryce Gibbs is omitted AGAIN, as is Elliott Himmelberg.  Sam Jacobs still an emergency.

Port have swung the axe as well with Joel Garner, Kane Farrell, Peter Ladhams (There goes some Max Gawn cover), and Willem Drew all omitted.  Pig Dos Tom Rockliff is back!  He’s joined by Justin Westhoff, Dougal Howard, and Karl Amon.  No room for Paddy Ryder or Sam Powell-Pepper.

Western Bulldogs vs Geelong

Caleb Daniel will miss 3-4 weeks with a hamstring, he’s replaced by Toby McLean.

Geelong have made no changes, meaning that for now Patrick Dangerfield is playing.  Strange because they had previously locked in Gary Rohan returning this week and now he’s first emergency… watch out for the late change.

Fremantle vs West Coast

It’s Derby time!  Aaron Sandilands plays his first game of 2019!  Rory Lobb is also back from injury alongside Mitchell Crowden and Travis Colyer.  Bailey Banfield and Brett Bewley have been omitted, Sean Darcy is ‘managed’, and Brennan Cox is injured.

Jeremy McGovern and Tom Barrass are back in for the Eagles.  Mark Hutchings is out with a hamstring, and Will Schofield is omitted.

Carlton vs Melbourne

Charlie Curnow is the only confirmed out so far injured, but the big news is no Patrick Cripps!  Alex Fasolo, Andrew Phillips, Darcy Lang, Hugh Goddard (170k DEF), and Matthew Cottrell (170k MID/FWD) have been added to the extended bench.

Max Gawn is not out yet as they’re give him every opportunity to get up.  Oskar Baker however is, he’s omitted and Tim Smith is injured.  Jordan Lewis, Corey Wagner, Braydon Preuss, Josh Wagner, Kyle Dunkley (170k MID), and Oscar McDonald have been added to the extended bench.

North Melbourne vs St. Kilda

Kyron Hayden looks to be done for the season after having surgery on his ruptured achilles.  Jamie Macmillan looks an obvious inclusion, other contenders are Curtis Taylor (185k MID/FWD), Lachlan Hosie (170k FWD), Paul Ahern, and Tom Campbell.

No outs for St. Kilda yet.  David Armitage, Jack Newnes, Nathan Brown, and Sam Rowe (287k DEF) are the potential ins.

GWS vs Brisbane

One out so far for GWS, Shane Mumford is injured.  The potential inclusions are Ian Hill (224k MID/FWD), Lachie Whitfield, Dawson Simpson, Jake Stein (189k DEF), and Matthew Flynn (170k RUC).

Oscar McInerney is out after his concussion.  Brisbane have named plenty of likely ins though, Alex Witherden, Archie Smith, Josh Walker, Marcus Adams, and Nick Robertson.

Bok

July 4, 2019 at 12:54 pm

Treloar or Cogs both similar price both have decent run home on Cal’s Scale of hardness, both in the rolling 22

Ollie

July 4, 2019 at 1:23 pm

Gotta chase the ceiling I think, Cogs.

James90

July 4, 2019 at 5:45 pm

Any feedback would be appreciated.. Caleb out for Whitfield (providing he comes in) and then Moore (hawks) on FWD bench out for M Chol taking $178k into next week.. any other bench options for cash grabs?

jacko3811

July 4, 2019 at 6:41 pm

Good trades. Will basically be doing similar trades after I make up my mind on if I trade out Gawn or not…

Ollie

July 4, 2019 at 7:23 pm

Makes sense to me. I’d be tempted to gamble on one of the 170kers if they get named tomorrow afternoon though. Not sure they’d have that much less JS than Chol.

llizardofoz

July 4, 2019 at 6:11 pm

Yes its really me. Getting an avatar has taken 2+years!

Andy

July 4, 2019 at 8:17 pm

About time, llizrad, though it’s taken me years to do it too, so I can’t judge.

The Cricket

July 4, 2019 at 10:41 pm

And cool cat, Andy! Does s/he often do that? You must have better smelling shoes than me

The Cricket

July 4, 2019 at 10:39 pm

Cool lizard 😎

4. jacko3811

jacko3811

July 4, 2019 at 6:39 pm

So….what’s everyone doing with Gawn. Not going to know if he will be playing until after school Saturday training. Do we hold and hope he plays? Or do we trade and hope he doesn’t? (I have no RUC bench cover either)

Balsam

July 4, 2019 at 7:21 pm

At this stage I’ve traded him out. I do have Marshall in my forward line who I have move to Ruck.

Trading out Baker for Rocky in the Midfield and bringing Chol in to replace Marshall in the Forward line.

Leaves me with zero players on the bench, so any late outs mean a doughnut, but can’t risk Max being a late out, or being useless even if he plays.

Ollie

July 4, 2019 at 7:21 pm

I will be trading. I already have Marshall in the fwd line so it’s Gawn -> Dunkley or Dusty for me.

The Cricket

July 5, 2019 at 12:02 am

I have a devious plan, but I’m not sharing lol

Andy

July 4, 2019 at 6:55 pm

I’ve lost Moore, Baker and Bewley from my non-playing reserves. It’s getting hard to make cash.

Daniel to Whitfield?

or, Daniel to Quaynor, and bring in Dusty or Rocky?

Ollie

July 4, 2019 at 7:19 pm

I don’t think you can trust Quaynor who could easily be one-and-done in this strong Collingwood team. You gotta get the highest averaging defender in Whitfield I think.

Andy

July 4, 2019 at 8:14 pm

Good point, Ollie, but I should be able to fix the defenders next week. I don’t want to miss out on a big score by the pig. Rocky went big last time he played Adelaide.

Adam

July 4, 2019 at 7:20 pm

Daniel and Baker to Whitfield and Rocky
    (Hold and hope on Gawn)

Or

Daniel and Gawn for Whitfield and Marshall
    (Clarke on Mid field)

Ollie

July 4, 2019 at 7:25 pm

It really comes down to how comfortable you are risking a donut. Are you competing for a hat? Do you have an essential league game this week? If the answer is yes then go option 2. If the answer is no, then option 1 is the better long-term option.

Adam

July 5, 2019 at 10:14 am

Thanks Ollie, I’m going to risk it and grab the 2 retuning guns!

James

July 4, 2019 at 10:24 pm

Thoughts on gawn and Duursma our for
    Marshall and rocky

Chief007

July 4, 2019 at 10:48 pm

Who will score the most for the rest of the year even the next 3-4 weeks

Marshall with his dpp could be the pick of the few, what u reckon.

Witts: tigers, crows, blues, Essendon, pies, lions, hawks, gws
    O’Brien: port, suns, Essendon, blues, saints, eagles, pies, dogs
    Marshall: north, cats, dogs, dees, crows, freo, blues swans

Crouch

July 5, 2019 at 7:26 am

So I have Ellis and Daniel.

Thinking of keeping Ellis (first trade rookie to chol) then going Daniel to Whitfield or trading Daniel and Ellis to hurn and crisp. What’s the best idea?

1. Daniel and rookie (to chol) to Whitfield and keep Ellis or
    2. Daniel and ellis to Hurn and crisp

Cripps

July 5, 2019 at 7:47 am

Help please.

1. Daniel and F7 to Whitfield and chol (100k left)
    2. Daniel and F7 to crisp and chol (250k left)
    3. Daniel and fort to crisp and Clarke