My Team

My Team 2019: Round 5

Discuss your moves and any other Fantasy related topics ahead of round five.

Discuss your team, strategy, players, etc. in this post. Offer up constructive comments if you want questions answered yourself! Be a giver, not just a taker! This is a great community and we want it to stay that way. We love banter as much as the next person, just keep it clean!

Head to www.dtlive.com.au for live scores over the weekend and for your study needs during the week. Data View has been updated and there are plenty of other features there to help you with your team selection each week!

Listen to the AFL Fantasy Podcast with The Traders at Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Google Podcasts.

Fantasy points for and against (season)

CLUBPTS
RICH140120.251770.55.52
STK1530.752.25115842.50.25
SYD1595.53.252.251483.52.50.75
WB15864.751.251522.52.251
WC1513.752.7511500.520.75

cprlonglogo

Listen to the boys go live every Monday from 6pm AEST on City Park Radio for the AFL Fantasy Hour. This then becomes the podcast that you can hear on the website or on iTunes. Listen via www.cityparkradio.com or search for the station in the TuneIn app on your smartphone.

1. Trent Robertson.

April 14, 2019 at 8:09 pm

Do I:
    Trade out Angus Brayshaw for Touk Miller, and bring in Kieran Jack for Matthew Parker.
    or
    Bring in Marty Hore for Burgess (and start him in my 22), and bring in a D/F Rookie for Balta, allowing me to start Rozee up front and leave Parker as an emergency.

• Chriso

April 14, 2019 at 8:19 pm

2. Jack isn’t fantasy relevant

2. Dan

April 14, 2019 at 8:13 pm

Jack Crisp to Whitfield
    Or
    Zac Williams to Laird?

• Chriso

April 14, 2019 at 8:19 pm

Crisp to Whitfield

• Justin

April 14, 2019 at 9:04 pm

So effective options are whitfield + williams vs crisp + laird. Only because williams has a higher chance of a sub 60 game go laird.

3. Max

April 14, 2019 at 8:15 pm

What to do with Matt crouch?

• Chriso

April 14, 2019 at 8:17 pm

Hold. He should smash gold coast this week

• Petez

April 14, 2019 at 10:10 pm

Blokes scoring a ton a week. Should be up there as top 8 mid. I’d hold mate.

4. Chriso

April 14, 2019 at 8:16 pm

Thoughts on newnes guys??

• Shags

April 15, 2019 at 3:54 pm

Hes been a valid option since the start of the season.

• EK09

April 15, 2019 at 6:22 pm

In very good form with a low break even

5. Kjaks

April 14, 2019 at 8:30 pm

Rank newnes tkelly caleb daniel and billings

• Bob

April 15, 2019 at 11:48 am

TKelly, Billings, Newnes, Daniel.

6. Brodie

April 14, 2019 at 8:31 pm

Too early to trade Brouch? Would trade to Neale.

• Petez

April 14, 2019 at 10:13 pm

Only 1 bad week. Plus he plays gold coast. Hold.

• lizard of oz

April 14, 2019 at 10:23 pm

A broken nose is 2 to 3 weeks. Dermott Brereton wouldnt have had a problem
        but nowadays they simply wont let you play.

• Petez

April 14, 2019 at 10:30 pm

Cheers lizard. It’s the only game I missed all weekend. Just going through reports now. Yeah sorry bro. Didn’t realize about the nose. Trade him.

• Rory Shatkins

April 15, 2019 at 6:13 pm

No way. Broken nose is 0 weeks to play, about 8 weeks to heal. Just hope you don’t cop another whack in the next game. Owwww.

7. The one

April 14, 2019 at 8:34 pm

Who to bring in

T Stuart, hurn, sick dog, heeney or billings?

• rossco1

April 14, 2019 at 10:47 pm

Need to wait and see on Stewart, Tuohy could affect him significantly.
      I would go Heeney

• PK

April 15, 2019 at 9:46 am

Billings

8. Jordan

April 14, 2019 at 8:37 pm

Currently ranked 843rd overall so the team is in good form but need to do something about my FWD line.
    I can either downgrade Parker to a basement price Fwd and Upgrade Setterfield/Drew to someone of the likes of Newnes or Marshall. OR I downgrade Duursma to a basement price defender, field Hore with Scrimshaw, and upgrade Setterfield/Drew to Heeney. First option gives me more cash available for standard downgrade/upgrade structure for the coming weeks, but Newnes/Marshall seem more risky than Heeney at the present time. All thoughts appreciated!

• Rambo Tambo

April 14, 2019 at 9:20 pm

Get Heeney

9. Tyran James

April 14, 2019 at 9:12 pm

Backline- Lloyd, crisp, B.smith, Z.williams, duursma & scrimshaw (hore-Burgess)

Midfield- Coniglio – Rockliff – m.crouch – b.crouch – libba – Constable – Walsh – Steele ( Atkins-stack )

Ruck – goldy – Grundy ( Cameron – Flynn )

Forwards – billing’s – danger – newnes – Mundy – rozee – drew ( Parker-balta)

4K remaining, please anyone and everyone suggest what I do please? Currently ranked 9,336 so want to really improve on that. Thanks guys!!

• Petez

April 14, 2019 at 9:53 pm

Lloyd,Whitfield and laird are the clear top 3 defenders. So you could rejig that defence to try get them in over next couple of weeks. I’d also look at moving on mundy to make those trades happen. Zac Williams,mundy and Brodie Smith are in order of who to trade first.

• Tyran James

April 14, 2019 at 10:14 pm

Hi Petez Thankyou for your reply!! And congrats on being ranked where you are!

My trades I went were
        Parker – Baker
        Smith – Johannisen, thoughts?

I want to trade Zac Jones or Jason johannisen or Brandon Ellis in for Smith and Williams to use them as stepping stones to laird and Whitfield, ideally I’d love to get Whitfield but he’s just too expensive so will wait for him to hopefully for my sake and not yours to have a sub 50 – 60 game and begin to drop. As for Steele in my midfield I will leave him for a few more weeks to see if Ross, Merrett, kelly, Sloane them likes get back to there absolute best and kind of have scores on track with Neale. As for Mundy if he can keep getting 90 – 100 then he will rise up and I’ll get him out and boak in

Thanks for your help

• Petez

April 14, 2019 at 10:34 pm

Cheers mate. Laird has bottomed out. I’d get him in if you can’t afford Whitfield. Ideally your sideway trades or stones should of been done by now. You really want to be upgrading each player to a keeper from here on in.

• Petez

April 14, 2019 at 10:38 pm

Take Defence for example. Lloyd,Whitfield, laird are the big 3. Followed by Tom Stewart. You really should aim to get those type of players in. Laird has bottomed out. So he would be a cheap back option. Zac Williams is just about as fat as he is going to get. So I’d upgrade him to laird.

10. Petez

April 14, 2019 at 9:16 pm

Whittendiggerz. Ranked 69th overall.
    Def – Whitfield, Lloyd, laird, scrimshaw,duursma,hore (D Clarke,rotham)

Mid – Cripps, Brayshaw,taranto,rockcliff, zerret,B crouch, Libba,Walsh (constable,stack)

Ruck
    Grundy, Obrien
    (Fort,cameron)

Fwd
    Danger,Boak,Kelly,worpedo,setterfield,drew (Parker,balta)

My trades pending Obrien holding his spot.
    Brodie Smith to laird, sheed to zerret. I’ve got real bang for my buck in Obrien as sole ruck (downgraded Jacobs when injured) Hopefully I can squeeze another week or 2 and upgrade him.

Thoughts on my current trades would be appreciated. Thanks

11. Will

April 14, 2019 at 9:49 pm

What to do with Crisp? Trade him now, or just ride it out? Other than Lloyd and Whitfield no defenders look a must have at this point. Don’t fancy spending 200k to get him to Whitfield

• Tyran James

April 14, 2019 at 9:53 pm

I’m holding he will be a top 6 defender by years end.
      My predicted top 6
      Whitfield,Lloyd,crisp,Sicily, laird,

One of – Jones,johannisen, Stewart, Newman.

• Petez

April 14, 2019 at 9:58 pm

Might as well hold mate. Outside of the big 3 and Stewart. The last 2 spots are a raffle.

• Shags

April 15, 2019 at 4:01 pm

DPP changes next week might give us more options.

12. JD

April 14, 2019 at 10:07 pm

Simple question, need to fix my forward line the who to get and why?
    Heney or Billings??

• EK09

April 15, 2019 at 6:24 pm

Both good options but I would go for billings, he’s getting more points

13. Harry

April 14, 2019 at 10:10 pm

Would you:

1) Trade Parker and Petrucelle > Heeney and Hore (dpp)
    2) Trade Z. Williams and Parker > Whitfield and Hore (dpp)

• Petez

April 14, 2019 at 10:41 pm

Whitfield mate. Gun

• michaelt1

April 14, 2019 at 11:44 pm

• Oscar

April 15, 2019 at 9:47 am

the one with whitfield

14. Stringer

April 14, 2019 at 10:22 pm

I bought in Rowan Marshall last week on the basis of 2 things being his average and the fact he is playing in the ruck and will become DPP. Ideally I’d like to move him to the ruck when I can as for my second ruckman I’ve been using Lycett and the last 2 weeks i’ve used Obrien and ran Lycett fwd… I want to get Marshall into the ruck and then upgrade Lycett for a premium forward. Does anyone know when the players positons will be assessed and changed??

• Petez

April 14, 2019 at 10:42 pm

Think it’s round 6 mate.

15. Andy

April 14, 2019 at 10:24 pm

I think Setterfield will have to go. He’s facing a couple of weeks out, because he’s no Dusty. Danger could get off.

16. Jay Dorza

April 14, 2019 at 10:32 pm

DEF: Laird, Lloyd, B.Smith, Duursma, Clark, Scrimshaw (Lockhart, Collins)
    MID: Coniglio, Cripps, Rockliff, B.Crouch, Worpel, Liberatore, Walsh, Constable (Stack, Scott)
    RUC: Grundy, Gawn (Fort, Smith)
    FWD: Danger, Boak, T.Kelly, Setterfield, Drew, Parker (Burgess, Petruccelle)

$92k is the bank. What bloody trades should I do?

• michaelt1

April 14, 2019 at 11:43 pm

honestly your premiums are all going okay and it will be tough to upgrade one of your defender rookies to whitfield. you could trade smith with a downgrade but the crows have gold coast so I’d give him a run against them. A boring one could be Petruccelle/Parker down to ross via Worpel dpp and collins down to rotham/wilkie/hore. Otherwise nothing immediately comes to mind. Hope this helps a bit.

17. Josh

April 14, 2019 at 10:38 pm

Hey lads, stumped on trade ideas for my team this week.

Any help would be much appreciated!
    Thanks

DEF: Lloyd, Newman, B.Smith, Williams, Duursma, Scrimshaw (Clark, Burgess)
    MID: Treloar, Coniglio, B.Crouch, Sheed, Libba, Walsh, Cousins, Constable (Scott, Stack)
    RUC: Grundy, Gawn (Flynn, Fort)
    FWD: Danger, Boak, T.Kelly, Worpel, Setters, Drew (Petrucelle, Miers)

10k in the bank…

• michaelt1

April 14, 2019 at 11:37 pm

Could go scott to ross or clark to hore/wilkie/rotham and then sheed to rockliff

• Josh

April 15, 2019 at 12:04 am

yeah thinking along those lines. thanks

• rossco1

April 15, 2019 at 12:12 am

risky but maybe sheed/setters to ross/heeney

18. James

April 14, 2019 at 10:51 pm

Def- Lloyd witherden Newman b.smith Williams Clark
    ( scrimshaw Duursma)

Mid- conigs rocky m crouch b crouch sheed Walsh butters stack
    ( constable stocker )

Rucks – Grundy goldy
    ( fort Flynn )

Fwd- danger BOak Kelly setters Parker drew
    ( Balta Burgess )

90k bank

Help on nexts moves please

• michaelt1

April 14, 2019 at 11:31 pm

Could go Clark down to Hore/Rotham/Wilkie which should then leave you with enough cash to go newman to laird

• James

April 15, 2019 at 10:12 pm

Laird , Whitfield , Neale or Cripps

19. michaelt1

April 14, 2019 at 11:34 pm

Def: Lloyd, T Stewart, B Smith, Z Williams, Duursma, Scrimshaw (J Clark, Hore)

Mid: Macrae, Coniglio, Cripps, M Crouch, B Crouch, Liberatore, Walsh, Constable (Stack, Gibbons)

Ruc: Grundy, Gawn (Flynn, Fort)

Fwd: Dangerfield, T Kelly, Worpel, Setterfield, Drew, M Parker (Burgess, Balta)

Remaining salary: $10k

Ideally would liked to do a downgrade/upgrade this week to someone like Laird who’s bottomed out and has Gold Coast but limited cash leaves me struggling for options with few safe stepping stones available apart from the likes of newnes maybe. So far I have looked at going:

1. J Clark and Gibbons to Ross and Rotham/Wilkie
    2. J Clark and Williams to Rotham and Newnes/Marshall via Burgess dpp (Hore on field)

Apart from this I’m stumped on what to do so thoughts on these and any other trade ideas would be much appreciated. Cheers!

20. Jack

April 14, 2019 at 11:34 pm

DEF: Lloyd, Sicily, B.Smith, Burton, Clark, Duursman (Hore, Burgess)
    MID: Coniglio, Cripps, B.Crouch, Sheed, Neale, Walsh, Dangerfield, Constable (Gibbons, Atkins)
    RUC: Gawn, Grundy (Fort, Flynn)
    FWD: Sexton, M Parker, Boak, Worpel, Settersfield, Drew (Miers, Balta)

95k in the bank

Was thinking of downgrading Bcrouch to Jack Ross and upgrading either Parker to Lambert or Billings or Upgrading Clark to Whitfield.

Or

Should I downgrade Bcrouch to Ross and Sheed to R. O’Brien then upgrade Clark, Duursma, Settersfield or Drew next week to better players?

• Jack

April 14, 2019 at 11:36 pm

Sorry meant Sheed to Wilkie

21. rossco1

April 15, 2019 at 12:18 am

Hold Menegola or trade? All of Geelongs fwds had a dirty day not just him, so im inclined to give him a couple more weeks. Thoughts?

22. Chubby Rain

April 15, 2019 at 6:08 am

Def: Lloyd, L Whitfield, B Smith, Z Williams, Duursma, Scrimshaw (J Clark, Burgess)

Mid: Rockliff, Sloane, Sheed, Taranto, B Crouch, Liberatore, Walsh, Constable (Stack, Atkins)

Ruc: Grundy, Witts (Z Clarke, Fort)

Fwd: Dangerfield, T Kelly, Boak, Setterfield, Drew, J Newnes (Miers, Parker)

Remaining salary: $93k

Thinking of going for a bottomed out Laird for Z Williams, and downgrade Sheed to S Ross (Richmond); new salary $272k to make a midfield move next week to a midpricer like Worpel. Need to look out for news on Danger and Setterfield. Any ideas on riskiness on S Ross move or better plays? Was thinking J Cousins but unsure re his output is dropping

• michaelt1

April 15, 2019 at 11:02 am

You could go Clark to Hore and then sheed up to neale also. Don’t mind the sheed to Ross move however it’s risky going after someone like Worpel now as I don’t think he has got much cash left to make but he would be more reliable than Cousins. You could go drew to Worpel after going sheed to Ross while you wait for Heeney/Billings to confirm themselves as top 6 forwards or just go drew to one of them.

23. Bryton

April 15, 2019 at 9:57 am

Hi guys, really stumped this week

DEF: Whitfield, Lloyd, Laird, Scrimshaw, Clark, Duursma, (Mcinerney), (Burgess)

MID: Cogs, Mcrouch, Brayshaw, Bcrouch, Rockliff, Stack, Constable, Walsh, (Atkins), (Lockhart)

RUCK: Grundy, Gawn, (Cameron), (Fort)

FWD: Danger, Kelly, Boak, Setterfield, Petrucelle, Drew, (Parker), (Balta)

Think setters will need to be traded so I thought of going him down to Ross via some DPP, then trading Clark to hore, thoughts?

24. michaelt1

April 15, 2019 at 10:48 am

I’d be more inclined to trade in drew over setters, wines seems to be taking up his midfield time so I reckon go Drew to Ross and Clark to Hore.

• michaelt1

April 15, 2019 at 10:50 am

Sorry I meant trade out drew

• Shags

April 15, 2019 at 5:40 pm

Setters out for 2 weeks

• michaelt1

April 15, 2019 at 11:50 pm

yeh now that he’s suspended definitely setters over drew. my bad

25. M8

April 15, 2019 at 10:56 am

My Team:
    Thoughts on what trades to do?

DEF: Lloyd, Whitfield, Smith, Williams, Duursma, Scrimshaw (Clark, McInerney)
    MID: Macrae, Coniglio, Cripps, Rockliff, B.Crouch, Libba, Walsh, Constable (Stack, Gibbons)
    RUCK: Grundy, Witts (Flynn, Fort)
    FWD: Dangerfield, Kelly, Worpel, Setterfield, Drew, Parker (Burgess, Balta)
    Cash: $133k.

• Andy

April 15, 2019 at 11:05 am

Setterfield will probably get one to two weeks- will probably have to go.

• M8

April 15, 2019 at 11:11 am

Yeah he might, thoughts on what to do?

• Andy

April 15, 2019 at 11:36 am

You’ll be hoping for a new rookie to be named in Def, Mid or Fwd to allow you to upgrade Setterfield, possibly to Newnes?

• Andy

April 15, 2019 at 11:41 am

Miers is also a short term option. He seems to be going well.

• rossco1

April 15, 2019 at 5:22 pm

Clark to Hore
      Setters to Newnes

26. Marcus

April 15, 2019 at 11:05 am

IS Z Merrett back. If so I’m thinking of Trading out Crisp and Sheed for Stewart and Merrett

• Petez

April 15, 2019 at 11:43 am

At the price. You can’t go wrong. Atm he’s in my team pending team sheets.

27. Dylan

April 15, 2019 at 11:11 am

Thoughts on Clark to Hore (on field but don’t have many other options) and Williams to Sicily???

28. Dan

April 15, 2019 at 11:29 am

Setters to bassement rookie on field (if one named only will be left with 183k) and Williams to Laird
    Or
    Setters to Heeney and williams to Rotham and field Hore

29. Owen

April 15, 2019 at 11:51 am

Need some forward rookies to pop up 👀

30. Luke

April 15, 2019 at 12:11 pm

My Team:
    Thoughts on my trades to do?
    DEF: Lloyd, Witherden, Williams, Smith, Scrimshaw, Duursma (Lockhart, Rotham)
    MID: Cripps, Fyfe, Omeara, Walsh, Libba, Treloar, Constable, B Crouch (Stack, Drew)
    RUC: Witts, Grundy (Fort, Flynn)
    FWD: Danger, R. Gray, J. Cameron, Parker, Setters, Petrucelle (Balta, Starviech)

295 K in the bank. cheers

• rossco1

April 15, 2019 at 5:28 pm

Drew to Ross
      Setters to Boak

31. Mike

April 15, 2019 at 12:23 pm

My current team:

DEF: Whitfield, Lloyd, Smith, Williams, Duursma, Scrimshaw (Hore, J.Clark)

MID: Coniglio, Brayshaw, M.Crouch, B.Crouch, Rockliff, Sloane, Walsh, Constable (Gibbons, Stack)

RUC: Grundy, Mumford (Z.Clark, Cameron)

FWD: Dangerfield, T.Kelly, Setterfield, Drew, Parker, Petruccelle (Balta, Burgess)

Cash – 264K

Not really sure where to trade this week, Any help would be most appreciated

• Oscar

April 15, 2019 at 5:59 pm

Clark down to a cheap def rookie, Wilkie or Rotham (if named) and then Setterfield up to Boak.

32. Bob

April 15, 2019 at 1:09 pm

Is tom Stewart a target or too risky to bring in after just 4 rounds?

• Rambo Tambo

April 15, 2019 at 1:46 pm

My concern with him is Tuohy coming back

33. Owen

April 15, 2019 at 1:46 pm

DEF Lloyd, Whitfield, Duursma, Williams, Scrimshaw, Hore. (Burgess, Collins)

Mid Macrae, Cripps, Coniglio, Rocky, Libber, Walsh, Neale, Constable. (Atkins Stack)

Ruck Grundy, Gawn (Fort, Ladhams)

FWD Setterfield, Danger, Powell, Elliot, Drew, Parker (Cavarra, Petruccelle)

Wanted to trade Williams and Elliot, but with injuries and suspension, think I’ll need to trade Setterfield and Powell.

Thinking to double downgrade to, two cheap rookies and taking the cash for next week.

133 K in the bank.

Any thoughts would be great.

34. Cripps

April 15, 2019 at 1:54 pm

Billings or heeney?

• Owen

April 15, 2019 at 3:08 pm

I would go Heeney.

35. Harry

April 15, 2019 at 2:29 pm

Score: 2194
    Do I go b. crouch to 170k and chuck constable on field over b crouch and then m.parker to goal?

36. Boiled

April 15, 2019 at 4:26 pm

B.Crouch to Rockliff or Neale?

37. james

April 15, 2019 at 4:29 pm

which one should i pick up boak,heeny, billings or marshall or any other gun forward-mids

• Rory Shatkins

April 15, 2019 at 5:10 pm

In that order.

38. Andy

April 15, 2019 at 4:53 pm

Danger free to play, Setterfield out for 2. (Gee that was easy to predict.)

39. Rory Shatkins

April 15, 2019 at 4:58 pm

Lloyd, Whits, Smith, Newman, Scrimshaw, Duursma (Collins, McInerney)
    Cripps, Cogs, MCrouch, BCrouch, Walsh, Constable, Gibbons, (Stack, Scott)
    Gawn, English (Cameron, Fort)
    Danger, Boak, TKelly, Worpel, Setterfield, Drew (Balta, Miers)

$20K

Help, please?

None of my mid-pricers or cows have topped out. So should I just play safe try and fix the rooks McInerney (tits on a bull) and Scott (not playing)?

• michaelt1

April 15, 2019 at 7:00 pm

Having miers on the bench helps as you could probs afford to field him for two weeks if you’re inclined to hold setters. If you’re going to hold then you could go Scott to Ross and McInerney to Hore

• Rory Shatkins

April 16, 2019 at 8:13 am

That’s what I’m thinking – depending on if Scott’s named. There’s no way I’m holding McInerney with Hore’s BE. And if Scott’s not named this week, I might as well keep Setters, since I’m going to get a donut either way. If Scott’s named, I might keep him and go Setters to Baker.

40. Kelvin

April 15, 2019 at 5:20 pm

Which forward promo? Marshall, Newnes, Billings or Heeney?

• Rambo Tambo