My Team

My Team 2019: Round 6

Discuss your moves and any other Fantasy related topics ahead of round six.

Discuss your team, strategy, players, etc. in this post. Offer up constructive comments if you want questions answered yourself! Be a giver, not just a taker! This is a great community and we want it to stay that way. We love banter as much as the next person, just keep it clean!

Head to www.dtlive.com.au for live scores over the weekend and for your study needs during the week. Data View has been updated and there are plenty of other features there to help you with your team selection each week!

Listen to the AFL Fantasy Podcast with The Traders at Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Google Podcasts.

Round 6 DPP additions

Jack BillingsSTKFWDMIDMID/FWD
Rowan MarshallSTKFWDRUCRUC/FWD
Oscar AllenWCEDEFFWDDEF/FWD
Harry CunninghamSYDMIDDEFDEF/MID
Aaron NaughtonWBDEFFWDDEF/FWD
Caleb DanielWBFWDDEFDEF/FWD

Fantasy points for and against (season)

CLUBPTS
RICH1438.620.21784.862
STK1557.62.60.81594.22.80.2
SYD1644.84.22.21504.62.40.6
WB1564.44.211544.62.81
WC1511.6311517.620.6

cprlonglogo

Listen to the boys go live every Monday from 6pm AEST on City Park Radio for the AFL Fantasy Hour. This then becomes the podcast that you can hear on the website or on iTunes. Listen via www.cityparkradio.com or search for the station in the TuneIn app on your smartphone.

Vincent

April 24, 2019 at 11:27 am

Jordan Clark downgrade to Sydney Stack or Lachlan Young (extra cash)???

PK

April 24, 2019 at 12:17 pm

Stack

April 24, 2019 at 2:34 pm

Stack. Much higher scoring potential and seems to have decent JS.

Chief007

April 24, 2019 at 11:30 am

Any love for Harry Cunningham now he’s a defender 97 ave at 614k don’t know a lot about him but seems to be getting a lot of the ball

April 24, 2019 at 2:34 pm

No one seems to know anything about him lol.

Ando1

April 24, 2019 at 11:36 am

1.Milera and parker to Dusty and hore
    2.milera and constable to Zmerret and hore
    3. Milera and collins to zmerret and Lockhart

1, 2 or 3

BennyG

April 24, 2019 at 2:11 pm

Gotta keep Constable, will generate a punt load more cash once he’s back in (this week?!)
      Hore will be a great Cash Cow also, so try to get him in ASAP! Collins has all but basically reached his limits, with a BE just a bees d1ck below his avg. So trade him OUT.
      Lockhart will be another to watch….
      So trade Milera AND Collins, Merret and possibly Lockhart, or Hore Lockhart to bank some $$$.
      Keeping in mind, Caleb Daniels is now a Fwd/Def – one I’ll be bringing in this week for Collins

April 24, 2019 at 2:35 pm

Maybe do a double downgrade?

Jimmy45

April 24, 2019 at 11:36 am

Could be worth a look, what order do people rate the following
    Cunningham, sheppard, Daniel, Jones Sicily and Witherden

Michael

April 24, 2019 at 12:01 pm

Interested. I’ve gone Cunningham over jones and sheppard. Worried his role might get chopped and changed as sydney continue to lose.

Reciprocatory

April 24, 2019 at 2:30 pm

Sheppard last out of that lot

Tommy

April 24, 2019 at 11:54 am

The way I look dusty is his bad games came from tags. Tagged to 59 and 68. Gets a week off, fresh comes back into form and kicks a few goals. Even though he won’t average the same 110+ as few years ago, he will average 90+ at the end of the season. Has a good fixture too, Demons, Dogs, Freo, Hawks, Bombers, none of these teams use taggers. He will be good to go now. If you take away the games he got tagged, he is still averaging 90+. Priced at 597k is a bargain.

April 24, 2019 at 2:33 pm

I’m taking the punt, and throwing the VC on him as well. He’s priced at 80 and has a good bye round.

April 25, 2019 at 1:03 am

I didn’t take the punt…chickened out… thankfully

Botor

April 24, 2019 at 3:07 pm

+1. Dusty has averaged 90+, 6 out of 9 seasons and at that price he will still average 90+.

PK

April 24, 2019 at 12:04 pm

1.Duursma/Clark to Lockhart/Hayes + $343k (via Stack DPP)

OR

2.Duursma/Drew to Young/Dusty +2k

Rory Shatkins

April 24, 2019 at 12:46 pm

1 – You want Lockhart/Hayes in your side, and Drew still has value left and no trusty Dusty

Bavan

April 24, 2019 at 12:07 pm

1st Trade: Drew to Hayes (via Gibbons DPP)
    For Second Trade (trading Duursma) budget: 600k
    Which option:
    1. Duursma to Simpson
    2. Duursma to Zak Jones
    3. Duursma to Ross (via Stack DPP)

PK

April 24, 2019 at 12:15 pm

April 24, 2019 at 2:31 pm

Are you sure Drew is your best fwd rookie option to trade?

Bavan

April 24, 2019 at 3:39 pm

Yes he’s the most maxed out. Only other rookies I have are gibbons and burgess DEF who is utterly useless. Pretty deep int he Fwd line with Worpel and Newnes F5 and F6. This is why I am wanting to do an upgrade In defence instead of a double downgrade which is option 3

Chubby Rain

April 24, 2019 at 3:55 pm

Bavan what is your team looking like? That is a great forward line with F5 and F6 respectively, well done. Is Drew your most maxed out rook?

Bavan

April 24, 2019 at 6:43 pm

Yeh my forward line reads Danger Boak Billings Kelly Worpel Newnes which is great, however I have sacrificed Gawn with Mumford which is about 20 odd points I’m losing every week. However my forward line is easily covering these points, so I’m pretty happy with the set up. Ranked 197 atm so not too bad.

April 24, 2019 at 2:41 pm

Hately vs Hayes.

It’s for a bench spot, so all logic dictates that I probabl should go for the cheaper hayes.

But damn Hately looked good on debut. My concern is Hately will be too pricey next week to chase.

Should I go Hately first, and hope Hayes still affordable next week?

April 26, 2019 at 3:46 am

Lol. Easy choice now.

April 24, 2019 at 2:48 pm

Also Billings vs Dusty.

I’m breaking into a cold sweat at the thought of treating in either of them honestly.

Or should I just get Heeney, Daniels or another fwd.
    Not seeing much love for Ebert as well.

Petracca

April 24, 2019 at 3:36 pm

Same issue for me. Currently on Billings due to record, however could easily be convinced by Dusty due to price and Bye round.

Thinking is get Billings this week then Dusty shouldn’t go up much next week even if he performs well? Gives us an extra week of Data?

EmeraldIllusion

April 24, 2019 at 2:54 pm

Hey all,
    Don’t have much cash this week so it’s a double rookie downgrade for me. However, I really wanna get rid of Burgess and Schultz and I’m thinking of bringing in Lockhart and Baker. Are these too sideways?

April 24, 2019 at 3:18 pm

Cant use dpp to chase Hayes in mids?

EmeraldIllusion

April 24, 2019 at 3:44 pm

Already got him. And stack.

My team:
        DEF: Whitfield, Lloyd, Smith, Duursma, Hore, Scrimshaw (Collins, Burgess)
        MID: Cripps, Rockliff, Coniglio, Brayshaw, Crouch, Liberatore, Walsh, Constable (Hayes, Stack)
        RUCK: Grundy, Gawn (Fort, Smith)
        FWD: Dangerfield, Boak, Worpel, Drew, Miers, Petruccelle (Schultz, Parker)

Tempted to trade some of my better rookies to get in Dusty. But I feel like it’d be smarter to ditch a struggling Burgess, and Schultz who is probably done.

Any tips would be appreciated.

April 24, 2019 at 4:55 pm

Move duurs til the mid via stack, and I would cull someone like collins over burgess, I don’t think hes earnt enough to justify cashing in. You can use duurs in mid and burgess dpp to get in either a Ross or a pricey hately as an option as well. Baker is an ok option, but I much prefer hately or Ross.

EmeraldIllusion

April 24, 2019 at 6:55 pm

I’ve ended up going Duurs to Ross via Stack. And Parker to Baker. So I now have a Richmond rookie in 3 lines of my team. Lol. I went with Lockhart instead of Ross at one point, but I just can’t go past Ross, I feel he’s gonna get a lot of the ball.

Really tempted to chuck Ross on the field over Constable. But I won’t.

Will have to deal with Burgess next week.

April 25, 2019 at 12:05 am

Turns out they are Killer trades!

EmeraldIllusion

April 25, 2019 at 9:42 am

Yep, pretty happy with them! Shame I had Ross on the bench though. Fingers crossed that Constable misses now.

Nicko

April 24, 2019 at 3:32 pm

Not sure what to do out of these 2 options

1. Double downgrade – trading in hayes and lockhart for duursma and parker (bank 300k)
    2. Downgrade and upgrade – trading rozee and duursma for Caleb Daniel/Taberner and lockhart (bank 19k)

Thoughts appreciated!

Here is my team bellow if someone can find a better option than the ones I have listed above.

DEF: Whitfield, Lloyd, Smith, Williams, Smith, Scrimshaw, Hore (Duursma, Clark)
    MID: Macrae, Coniglio, Bontempelli, Rockliff, Crouch, Liberatore, Walsh, Constable (Ross, Gibbons)
    RUCK: Grundy, Gawn (Fort, Flynn)
    FWD: Dangerfield, Kelly, Worpel, Rozee, Drew, Miers (Parker, Balta)

April 24, 2019 at 3:35 pm

Good week for the double downgrade imo.

12. Fooz

Fooz

April 24, 2019 at 3:59 pm

Liam Baker? Yea or Nay.
    If not him, who else is a FWD option as a rookie?

April 24, 2019 at 4:57 pm

Baker is an ok option, but with all the mid dpp options (Gibbons atley stack) I’d be chasing the 3 rookies hayes hately or Ross.

Chubby Rain

April 24, 2019 at 5:15 pm

Big yay, looks really good getting it in middle of the ground. Want to get him in but tied up elsewhere so will have to miss the boat

Alexander Bennett

April 24, 2019 at 3:59 pm

Can trade Duursma to any mid below $686k via Stack and then sub them forward next week for Rozee.
    Thinking either:
    Billings, Heeney or Dusty
    Can also be just a mid.
    Cheers for any advice

April 24, 2019 at 5:01 pm

I have the same issue.

Chubby Rain

April 24, 2019 at 5:14 pm

Depends on what you already rolling with? Libba best underpricer; next to Worpel; after that BCrouch; Shiel; SRoss; Wines; Zaharakis

Alexander Bennett

April 24, 2019 at 5:26 pm

Yeah that’s true, I already have the worp and Brouch. Feel as though it is too late to get Libba especially after his questionable role last weekend. Think i’ll take billings as he looks the goods this year and wait and see on dusty as a potential upgrade option for Drew in a couple weeks

Snag

April 24, 2019 at 5:31 pm

Thinking of going Rozee > Whitfield and Duursma > Hayes via DPP. Although I’d rather keep Rozee as I feel like he has a bit more $$ to make and fielding a rookie instead of him is gonna make my forward line a bit weak, but it looks like trading Constable out instead is definitely a NO. Any thoughts or feedback?? I’m hunting Whitfield this week

April 24, 2019 at 5:47 pm

Rozee is a plump cash cow. BE is 52 and that’s about what hes scoring at the moment. Dont feel bad about culling him.

Whitfield is looking must have. You are getting him at full price though.

Snag

April 24, 2019 at 6:47 pm

Appreciate the feedback man. Willing to pay full price for him as he’s been my #1 target for a while now

Liam

April 24, 2019 at 6:37 pm

Hey lads stuck with trades this week
    Thoughts appreciated Got 12k in bank

Thoughts on

1: Clark- Hayes via dpp
    Libba- Zmerrett

2: Clark- Hayes via dpp
    Burgess- Hately via dpp

3 Clark- Hayes
    Duusma – Lockhart

Whitfield, Lloyd, Smith, Williams, Duursma, Scrimshaw (Clark, Hore)

Macrae, Cripps, Mcrouch, Brayshaw, Bcrouch, Libba, Walsh, Constable(Stack, Atkins)

Grundy, O’brian

Danger, Kelly, Daniel, Worpel,Rozee, Drew(Petruccelle,Burgess)

Gang

April 24, 2019 at 6:40 pm

Should I still get zerret with zaharakis and Smith back in and greenwood in tomorrow and could tag him

grover1974

April 24, 2019 at 11:32 pm

I’m banking on Greenwood taking Shiel
      If I am wrong then trouble brewing

lewie14

April 24, 2019 at 6:43 pm

Best forward matchup.
    Taberner vs Bulldogs
    Billings vs Crows
    Danger vs Eagles

Snag

April 24, 2019 at 6:45 pm

Field Scrimshaw or Stack for D6?

Trent

April 24, 2019 at 7:29 pm

probably scrim

cotchyy

April 24, 2019 at 7:14 pm

Salem or Dusty?

April 25, 2019 at 12:07 am

Both spudded…

EmeraldIllusion

April 25, 2019 at 9:44 am

Hope you went neither.

20. Reciprocatory

Reciprocatory

April 24, 2019 at 10:49 pm

Lockhart 42 after scoring 27 in the first 10mins… wtf. Hibberd tagging Dusty wtf. Jack Ross the guy I almost traded in gets 92, wtf. This game sh!ts me

Sammy B

April 24, 2019 at 11:25 pm

I’m sitting here hoping Atkins gets dropped so I can take that 92 over fielding Hayes haha

grover1974

April 24, 2019 at 11:29 pm

Pretty happy
    Gawn, Ross, Brayshaw (VC) & Hore on field with Stack benched. Not a bad star with 376 from 4 considering only R2, M3, M8 and D6 played
    Long weekend to come so I am sure DT Gods hav3 something up their sleeve and not sure whether to go Grundy or risk it for the Pig for Captain

rossco1

April 25, 2019 at 2:28 am

112 from Max not quite enough. I’m putting the C on the pig this week, he’s going big vs north

rossco1

April 25, 2019 at 2:27 am

Menegola to Hayes (via Atkins)
    Parker to Ross (via Wagner)

Looking good so far lol had Ross on field.. frees up 450k. Upgrade/downgrade forumla from this point forward now.

James

April 25, 2019 at 10:39 am

Which one, Rocky, Merret, Billings ?

MC

April 25, 2019 at 12:01 pm

rocky

M8

April 26, 2019 at 2:28 pm

Who do I bench out of Rozee, Duurs & Scrimshaw

lewie14

April 26, 2019 at 5:03 pm

CURRENT TEAM MID LOCKOUT……thoughts please
    DEF: Lloyd,Hurn,Smith,Williams,Hore,Scrimshaw(Stack[E],Lockhart)
    MID: Cripps,GAff,Rocky,Taranto,Coniglio,B.Crouch,Walsh,Constable(Ross[E],Duursma)
    RUC: Grundy,Gawn(Cameron,Fort[E])
    FWD: Danger,Kelly,Heeney,Drew,Miers,Petruccelle(Burgess,Ham)
    $153k in bank after first trade of Parker to Hore (via Burgess) has screwed me leaving no emergency cover in fwd line.So second trade :
    OPTION 1: Duursma to Hayes leaves $347k
    OPTION 2: Burgess to Corbet leaves $210k
    Put myself in a pickle with poor forward line choices but managed a big score last week so anythings possible..