Team Sheets

Team Sheets – Rd. 4

All the news, rumours, and team sheets for Round 4!

It’s Thursday!!

Now that’s more like it!  In round three the rookies played like rookies with most of them scoring under 60.  Hopefully we have a mass exodus of players who are three strikes and out.  Or maybe they’ll just cut some guys who need a rest…?  I actually can’t wait, bring on the donuts!

Round four kicks off tonight, so make sure you have all your players from Sydney and Melbourne locked in before 19:20 AEDT!  The Traders will be reacting LIVE from 18:15 AEDT on the Official AFL Fantasy Facebook page to the team announcements, so think of this article as your text-based companion guide.

As always, this post will be updated as more information comes in, so if you’ve seen some news that I’ve missed feel free to tweet it at me and I’ll follow it up.

Sydney vs Melbourne

UPDATE: Jay Lockhart and Neville Jetta are out, Charlie Spargo and…Marty Hore are in.

Rookie alert!  Justin McInerney (184k DEF) is in for Sydney, replacing the injured Jarrod McVeighKieren Jack also makes his return for Will Hayward.

*CALVIN ALARM*  Brayden Preuss is IN!  Preuss will be rucking in tandem with Max Gawn so prepare for the worst.  Certainly not worth altering your classic team (yet) but I will be avoiding in DFS for sure.  Billy Stretch is the other inclusion for Melbourne, back in their team after playing two games last season.  Kade Kolodjashnij is out with concussion symptoms, and Alex Neal-Bullen has been dropped.

Collingwood vs Western Bulldogs

Collingwood is making only the one change and it’ll please Jack Macrae owners: Travis Varcoe in, Levi Greenwood out.

Jason Johannisen is in, but Tom Boyd will return through the VFL.  Lewis Young is omitted.

Geelong vs GWS

Tim Kelly has apparently passed his fitness test after suffering a low-grade ankle sprain against Adelaide.  Jack Henry returns after missing with a hamstring strain, he takes the spot of Lachie Henderson who will miss 3 weeks with a foot injury.  Tom Atkins lives…

Callan Ward plays his first game of the season!  He replaces Tommy Sheridan.

Essendon vs Brisbane

Four changes for Essendon.  Mason Redman, Mitch Brown, Cale Hooker, and David Myers are in.  Aaron Francis and Matt Guelfi have been omitted, while Shaun McKernan and Kobe Mutch are injured.  Zac Clarke gets another chance.

Allen Christensen comes in for the injured Zac Bailey as expected, but Nick Roberton has also been called up for an omitted Ryan Bastinac.

Port Adelaide vs Richmond

Port Adelaide are unchanged, meaning Tom Rockliff is playing.

Richmond pull the trigger and make six changes!  Dan Butler, Ryan Garthwaite, and Oleg Markov are omitted, Trent Cotchin and Jayden Short are injured, and Dustin Martin is suspended.  Dylan Grimes returns from suspension, Jack Ross (MID 186k) debuts, Bachar Houli and Josh Caddy return from injury, and Liam Baker and Shai Bolton get the call up.

North Melbourne vs Adelaide

Paul Ahern, Jed Anderson, Cameron Zurharr and Mason Wood come into the winless Roos side.  Tom Campbell, Dom Tyson, and Ben McKay are omitted, Bailey Scott is ‘rested’.

Sam Jacobs misses another week giving Reilly O’Brien another start for Adelaide.  Paul Seedsman is injured and Bryce Gibbs is D R O P P E D!  Myles Poholke, and Cam Ellis-Yolmen come in.

West Coast vs Fremantle

As expected Liam Duggan is back in for Josh Rotham.

Nat Fyfe is out with the concussion and Bailey Banfield has been dropped. Sam Switkowski (350k FWD), and Lachie Schultz (243k FWD) come in for the Derby.

Gold Coast vs Carlton

No outs for either team.  Will Brodie, Sam Day, George Horlin-Smith, and Aaron Young have been added to Gold Coast’s extended bench.

Matthew Kennedy, Jack Silvagni, Charlie Curnow, and Liam Stocker have been added for Carlton.  Michael Gibbons occupies the very last spot on the bench…

St. Kilda vs Hawthorn

No outs for either team here as well.  Jack Steven, Ben Long, Ben Paton, and Darragh Joyce in for St. Kilda.

Jarryd Roughead, Daniel Howe, Teia Miles, and Kaiden Brand are the inclusions for Hawthorn.  Beware the Jaeger O’Meara late out…

1. Miyagi-san

April 11, 2019 at 2:44 pm

Hey all, struggling for some ideas this week. Any thoughts appreciated! Bank $60k

D: Lloyd, Witherden, Z.Williams, Duurs, Scrim, Clark (Burgess/Hore)
    M: Gus Brayshaw, Zerrett, rocky, conig, mrouch, brouch, walsh, constable (gibbons/atkins)
    R: Grundy, Gawn (o’brien/cameron)
    F: danger, kelly, worp, setters, drew, parker (petru/miers)

Thinking maybe just see what rooks are named and take 2 of def/mid bench rooks to new blood?

• rossco1

April 11, 2019 at 2:59 pm

Hore to Lockhart
      Gibbons/Atkins to Stack
      Boring I know, but fixing up those rookies is key in these early rounds

April 11, 2019 at 3:33 pm

Yeah I think you’ll be choosing between:

1) Atkins -> Stack
      2) Gibbons -> Ross
      3) Hore -> McInerney

2. rossco1

April 11, 2019 at 3:04 pm

HELP:
    D: Whitfield, Lloyd, Laird, Smith, Williams, Duursma (Clark, Scrim)
    M: Brayshaw, Taranto, Rocky, B. Crouch, Libba, Walsh, Constable, Scott (Wagner, Atkins)
    R: Gawn, Witts (Fort, Flynn)
    F: Danger, Menegola, Worpel, Elliott, Setters, Drew (Parker, Balta)
    29k remaining

I was thinking Elliott/Balta out for Petrucelle/Miers. Should give me some handy cash generation. Thoughts?

April 11, 2019 at 3:37 pm

You could do, or Elliot to Rozee? More JS and higher ceiling important because he’ll be on field.

• Ben

April 11, 2019 at 6:37 pm

+1. I’ve been very happy with Rozee

3. Fooz

Fooz

April 11, 2019 at 5:39 pm

Until teams are dropping, I’m double-downing.

Setterfield > Stack
    Gibbons > McInerney via Lockhart DPP.

Fooz

April 11, 2019 at 6:16 pm

Not any more. Lockhart out so will have to reconsider

4. Caleb

April 11, 2019 at 6:33 pm

Who on field?

Petrucelle vs Freo
    Parker vs Hawthorn

April 11, 2019 at 6:52 pm

Tough. Petruccelle more likely to kick goals, Parker playing up the field a bit more…I’d gamble on Petruccelle having a big day out.

• Sammy B

April 11, 2019 at 10:15 pm

Petruccelle gets a lot of touches on the wing

• Caleb

April 11, 2019 at 10:34 pm

Both good points, thanks guys!

5. Ben

April 11, 2019 at 6:34 pm

Bailey Scott > Stack and Cousins > Libba for max cash generation? Or is the Libba trade a bit pointless?

Thanks legends

April 11, 2019 at 7:03 pm

Not pointless at all I think. Libba more experienced and more consistent with a lower BE.

6. Joel

April 11, 2019 at 6:40 pm

Can Boak be trusted to continue his scoring?

Wanna bring in either Boak or Marshal (Saints) who is scoring amazing so far. 200k cheaper.

April 11, 2019 at 7:12 pm

At the risk of being embarrassed by Marshall dominating…I don’t trust him. He has two good scores against easy opposition in Essendon and Fremantle. Plus he’s a light frame and may find himself bullied when he plays against bigger men. I worry that Saints will roll out Longer or Pierce to work with him in tandem as the season progresses.

7. Ol' Gil

April 11, 2019 at 6:45 pm

Baker named centre for Richmond…
    Which 2 of Baker, Stack, and Ross? (JS and scoring)

April 11, 2019 at 6:56 pm

Stack has the better JS you’d think because he got the opportunity (and performed) before the other two. Baker never really impressed in his 3 games, topped out at 14 possessions…really a matter whether you trust the devil you know vs the devil you don’t (Ross). For me I’ll take the gamble on the unknown quantity in Ross.

• Briby

April 11, 2019 at 7:44 pm

+1, Stack & Ross for me, now watch Baker come out and get 20+ disposals.

8. grover1974

April 11, 2019 at 6:53 pm

Is Macrae worth the extra $130k over the Bont?
    Or should I split the difference and go Brayshaw

Got $902k after trading Fyfe

April 11, 2019 at 6:59 pm

Brayshaw. Could be the #1 Fantasy player this year.

• David C

April 12, 2019 at 8:18 am

Not on last nights performance.

April 12, 2019 at 8:39 am

Yeah wasn’t a good one, but clearly tagged by Hewett + low TOG

• Pistol

April 12, 2019 at 3:49 am

I would go neal if ya dont vhave him he will score what mcrae will and save some coin and neal will go up he will be the most expensive soon if he keeps going the way he is

9. Rowan Jones

April 11, 2019 at 7:06 pm

Balta>Mcinerney or Scott>Ross?

April 12, 2019 at 8:43 am

Hope you went Scott to Ross!

10. Emma S

April 11, 2019 at 7:14 pm

Thoughts on R. Laird? Really quiet start. In my team. TO trade?…

• The Cricket

April 11, 2019 at 8:53 pm

Laird was the top defender last season, so perhaps it’d be best to give him a bit more time to return to his previous form? And Seedsman being out injured might provide the opportunity for Laird to get his mojo back!

April 12, 2019 at 8:45 am

Unless it was to Whitfield or Lloyd I wouldn’t, and even then the rookies would take priority.

11. Kendog

April 11, 2019 at 9:45 pm

Phillips + BSmith to Mcavoy + Rozee
    Or
    Phillips + Hurn to Grundy + Rozee?

April 12, 2019 at 8:43 am

Definitely the second one.

12. Jesse

April 11, 2019 at 10:27 pm

Hi, just have a question in regards to the loophole that I’m hoping someone might be able to help me with.
    I think I’ve made a rookie mistake, I put the VC on Gawn but accidentally left an Emergency on my ruck’s bench (Sydney’s Darcy Cameron) who didn’t play. If I bench Grundy for Archie Smith (who also shouldn’t play) and put Grundy as an emergency as well will I get his score or Darcy Camerons?
    I’ve read the FAQ’s on the fantasy website and it says that if you have 2 emergencies in the same position “You will receive the Score for the lowest scoring of the two Emergencies.”
    I’m hoping that because Cameron didn’t play/score that Grundy’s score would count as the Emergency to cover Archie Smith’s 0 on the field but obviously want to be sure before I make a move which could cost me a donut.
    Has anyone experienced this or know what would happen?

• Briby

April 12, 2019 at 10:31 am

DT: Emergencies scoring 0 or negative points will not be considered the ‘lowest-scoring’ and will not be used.
      Fantasy: However, Emergencies scoring zero will not be considered the ‘lowest-scoring’ and will not be used.

13. Sammy B

April 11, 2019 at 11:24 pm

Not worth the risk is it put the C on Danger

• Jesse

April 12, 2019 at 5:17 am

Yeah unless I get confirmation otherwise the C stays on Danger, would be nice if it works out to be a gift in disguise.
      Calvin’s on fire with his no. 1 captain picks so I wouldn’t be surprised if Danger goes ballistic

14. Wtf?

April 12, 2019 at 12:08 am

Turns out the AFL app/website is an even bigger mess then we initially thought…
    I loopholed Brayshaw; so that is now locked in. Yup thats expected.
    Tonight after the game I traded a non Syd/Melb mid for a non-Syd/Melb fwd via a dpp switch. Wasn’t a big fan of that so wanted to reverse the trade; it came up with an error saying because it is a DPP trade the teams needs to be rolled back. Yup okay fair enough I guess. I click rollback team and get an error saying I can’t roll back my team because Brayshaw has been locked in as VC now…. yeah that’s great- the trade has nothing to do with Bray….? So i’m now stuck with the trade because I made Brayshaw my VC? Wtf fanhub, how can you make something so disastrously un-usable.

15. John

April 12, 2019 at 7:36 am

’m a bit stuck on trades, my rookies are all looking good and nailed my premise. I’m thinking of upgrading Atkins to a stepping stone I have $460 who is best out of Cerra, S Thompson or finlayson?

April 12, 2019 at 8:42 am

None of them really but Cerra the most likely.

16. Steve

April 12, 2019 at 5:54 pm

I’m thinking setterfield to rozee or B.smith.
    my thinking is if i go down b.smith i can get heeney next week for setterfield and they will score similar.