My Team

My Team 2018: Version 3.2

Talk through the JLT in My Team.

The final week of the JLT is here and so is a new My Team. Version 3 is running through the JLT Series… so get your chatter happening as the games play out.

Post your team (in an easy to read format) and discuss where it’s at in the comments below. Now that we have My Team cranking, discuss any players, team structure, etc in the comments. As always, keep it civil and if you’re advice, make sure you dish out some of your own (make sure it well thought out and not blatant trolling – we’re totally over that after 10+ years of DT Talk!).

Get keen for a massive season ahead.

Join our open DT Talk league – EJEFTZ9H

Click here to subscribe on iTunes. (Please leave a rating and review to help us move up the charts).

Swanny01

March 12, 2018 at 8:09 am

Thoughts on my latest team:

D: Laird, Hibberd, Sicily, Coffield, Pearce, Doedee (Finlayson, Murphy)

M: Titch, Treloar, Neale, Parker, Hall, JOM, Brayshaw, Barry (Holman, Banfield)

R: Gawn, Nank (Cameron, Frampton)

F: Billings, Heeney, D.Smith, Bell, Fritsch, Rayner (Ryan, Venables)

dtjaylor

March 12, 2018 at 12:26 pm

DEF: Solid, get Murray involved and put him on the field.

MID: Quite unique which I don’t mind. However, when I select MIDS at the start of the year, I select those I think will be top 8. For me, Treloar/Neale/Hall won’t be top 8, especially the latter. JOM also risky, I am not a fan.

RUC: Nank is a risk, but not bad.

FWD: Don’t touch Bell, he will not score well. Doubt I would want Rayner on the field either.

cotchy99

March 12, 2018 at 8:31 am

Zerrett and a 5k kitty
    V
    Kelly and a 35k kitty?

Pretty set on my side now but this one is my last tough choice. Don’t want to go in with 5k but prefer Zerrett just. But surely Zerrett will only average 3-4 points more?

LWD

March 12, 2018 at 8:43 am

Just go in with 5k.

dtjaylor

March 12, 2018 at 12:24 pm

You pick the best. That is Merrett.

smile

March 12, 2018 at 8:35 am

Rocky, Fyfe, Parker, Hall or cogs?
    Need 2

LWD

March 12, 2018 at 8:42 am

Cogs and Fyfe/Parker

dtjaylor

March 12, 2018 at 12:23 pm

Parker and Fyfe.

LWD

March 12, 2018 at 8:40 am

DEF: Laird, Lloyd, Sicily, Coffield, Hibberd, Murray (Doedee, Finlayson)
    MID: Titch, Zerrett, Kelly, Fyfe, Coniglio, JOM, Brayshaw, Banfield (Barry, Holman)
    RUC: Martin, Gawn (Cameron, Frampton)
    FWD: Billings, Heeney, Smith, Christensen, Ryan, Fritsch (Rioli, Langdon)

Very happy with this side, hoping it can remain very similar until lockout, what are your thoughts?

dtjaylor

March 12, 2018 at 12:23 pm

DEF: Still not a fan of Sicily, can see him burning people. Would stay clear of Hibberd and get Naughton if you can.

MID: Good midfield. Not a fam of JOM and would rather a rookie to upgrade your forward line rookies.

RUC: Set and forget.

FWD: It is solid again, would not be comfortable with Ryan on the field. I think some weeks he can go very very low. Maybe upgrade to Brown/Florent/Stephenson.

LWD

March 12, 2018 at 1:58 pm

Why stay clear of Hibberd that makes no sense?

Laughing Lamb

March 12, 2018 at 8:45 am

M.Crouch v Neale?

Can see both going around 108.

Neale for ceiling and M.Crouch for consistency. Who to pick?

LWD

March 12, 2018 at 8:48 am

If you both see them going the same, then pick Neale and save yourself 50k.

dtjaylor

March 12, 2018 at 12:21 pm

It will be very close, and I think Neale is back and plays better footy with Fyfe. His ceiling is massive and will win you a game. Both have high floors, so it is really down to preference.

anth80

March 12, 2018 at 10:44 am

Thoughts on this team .

Laird, Lloyd, Sicily, Coffield, Murray, Doedee (Pearce, Finlayson)

Twitch, Zerrett, Adams, Martin, Neale, Armitage, Bradshaw, Kelly ( Banfield, Holman)

Ryder, Gawn (Cameron, Meek)

McLean, Smith, Petracca, Christensen, Florentine, Fritsch (Langdon, Waterman)

Also one spot left in my DT league code is V9FXHCUM

dtjaylor

March 12, 2018 at 12:20 pm

Good team in general. Not a fan of the Armitage pick and would be careful with Doedee on the field.
      Forward maybe also lacking one gun.

cotchy99

March 12, 2018 at 11:22 am

Just putting together my mids and wondering what the top 5 guys will be, what do you guys reckon?

1. Titch 125
    2. Danger 120
    3. Zerrett 118
    4. Kelly 116
    5. Adams/ Dusty 114

dtjaylor

March 12, 2018 at 12:19 pm

Titch – 125
      Danger – 116
      Zerret – 113
      Kelly – 109
      Adams (depending on role) 108, Dusty 108

Platinum

March 12, 2018 at 11:28 am

Fyfe seems pretty popular but only has a career high average of 104. He seems like more a Supercoach player to me.

But I could be wrong.

dtjaylor

March 12, 2018 at 12:03 pm

Not for me!

dtjaylor

March 12, 2018 at 12:03 pm

DEF: Laird, Yeo, Lloyd, Coffield, Naughton, Murray (Doedee, Pearce)

MID: Mitchell, Merrett, Duncan, Parker, Fox, Brayshaw, Dow, Banfield (Kelly, Barry)

RUC: Kreuzer, Gawn (Cameron, Frampton)

FWD: Menegola, Billings, Smith, Christensen, Stephenson, Fritsch (Rayner, Keeffe)

30,000 left in the bank. Trying to go different than everyone else in terms of structure. Would love your thoughts!

studfinder

March 12, 2018 at 12:41 pm

You’ve spent big money on all your premos, but some under priced premo changes will get you another premo in your mids, and one less rookie on the field.

But I’ve never won, so you could be a genius.

10. Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

March 12, 2018 at 1:46 pm

DEF: Laird, Hibberd, Sicily, Naughton, Murray, Doedee, (Finlayson, Murphy)

MID: Titch, Kelly, Adams, Neale, Newman, JOM, Constable, Brayshaw (Kelly, Holman)

Ruck: Gawn, Nank, (Cameron, Myth)

FWD: Billings, Smith, Hogan, Trengove, Florent, Frisch, (Langdon, Waterman,)

104k left, thoughts?

smile

March 12, 2018 at 2:20 pm

Mcrouch, rocky, Treloar, beams, Cripps, Hall, Fyfe, cogs or jselwood
    Need 1??

Scott

March 12, 2018 at 6:00 pm

Rocky or M Crouch.

Kanye

March 16, 2018 at 7:16 pm

Crouch

Matt

March 13, 2018 at 1:54 am

DEF: Laird, Lloyd, Sicily, Coffield, Naughton, Murray (Finlayson, Doedee)
    MID: Titch, Merrett, Kelly, Neale, Cogs, Dow, Brayshaw, Kelly (Banfield, Holman)
    RUC: Stef, Gawn (English, Cameron)
    FWD: Billings, Heeney, D.Smith, Christensen, Fogarty, Fritsch (Keefe, Waterman)

Thoughts on this team? 34k Remaining.

Cats'n'Dawgs

March 16, 2018 at 6:55 pm

AFL Fantasy
    DEF: Laird, Savage, Sicily,Coffield, Naughton,(Keefe, Murray)
    MID: Titch, Merrett, Neale, Whitfield, Cogs, Brayshaw, Kelly, Banfield (Constable, Holman)
    RUCK: Martin, Gawn (Cameron, English)
    FWD: Billings, Heeney, Smith, Petracca, Christensen, Fritsch (Keefe, $170K)
    29k left

I know my DEF aren’t proven premo’s but waiting to see who will be top 8 DEF and trade up. Savage and Sicily (or move to FWD?) should make $$ to upgrade once I get an idea. Potential Whitfield to DEF also will help. Just don’t think I should be spending on the $$ on DEF when we can’t say who will be Top 8?

Thoughts greatly appreciated