Connect with us

My Team

DT Live’s Drawing Board 2018

Ho ho ho! Here’s a Christmas present from Chad!

While we are waiting for AFL Fantasy Classic to open in January, our friend Chad at www.dtlive.com.au has got the 2017 version of his popular team picker, the Drawing Board, opened for coaches to start building their teams.

The prices are being revealed every couple of days via AFL.com.au – with some great little articles with our hot tips to read – but all of the information around how prices have been calculated are now public. A quick recap on how prices are calculated.

  • $12,600,000 salary cap has been confirmed.
  • Players are priced based on their output last year. eg. 2017 average x magic number (approx 7055 for 2018).
  • Players who missed a full season receive a discount of 30% on their 2016 average.
  • Players who have missed two or more seasons received a discount of 35% on their last available average.
  • Players playing less than 10 games receive a 3% discount on each game under 10. eg. Play 5 games in 2016, then they receive a 15% discount. This is applied to the higher of their season average from the last two years.

Head to www.dtlive.com.au and under AFL, click on Drawing Board to start picking your squad of 30 players now. You will need a free account to get started. The easy to use and mobile friendly site has plenty of information including what average a player is priced at, their bye round, early opponents and an ownership percentage for registered teams on DT Live. Also, don’t forget to put in your projected average for your own user as well as compiling a site-wide projected average.

Copy and paste your team into the comments below simply from DT Live.

Click here to start picking your AFL Fantasy Classic team for 2018 over at Chad’s dtlive.com.au

87 Comments

87 Comments

  1. Avatar

    Kingzy

    December 21, 2017 at 5:02 pm

    Epic!
    Getting pumped for 2018

    Used: $12,571,000 (99.8%), Remaining: $29,000 (0.2%) On Ground: $11,211,000 (89%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 2005, Site Expected Total: 1709
    Def: R.Laird (100), E.Yeo (100), K.Simpson (100), C.Mills (69.31), T.Doedee (60), J.Smith (60) (K.Collins (24.10), S.Murray (24.10))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (120), P.Dangerfield (120), Z.Merrett (117), D.Martin (117), T.Rockliff (120), L.Davies-Uniacke (37.42), T.Kelly (70), B.Ainsworth (70) (K.Mutch (24.10), N.Freeman (65))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (105), N.Naitanui (85) (D.Cameron (24.10), O.McInerney (24.10))
    Fwd: I.Heeney (95), M.Robinson (95), C.Curnow (71.16), A.Christensen (80), J.Higgins (70), D.Venables (24.10) (W.Rioli (24.10), P.Ahern (24.10))

    Thoughts?

    • Avatar

      sm@shproof

      December 21, 2017 at 11:14 pm

      Def: Rock solid defense and Love the Mills pick
      Mid: Cant go wrong with 5 set and forgets, just not sure if Rocky can reach his old level but he’ll probably prove me wrong.
      Ruck: Standard due of Gawn and Nic Nat
      Fwd: Interesting choice with Curnow, will be an absolute gun but just dont see a major improvement in fantasy scores. Maybe try a Lobb who’s cheaper rest of the fwds look alright.

  2. Avatar

    PK

    December 21, 2017 at 6:15 pm

    Here we go again!

    Used: $12,597,000 (100%), Remaining: $3,000 (0%) On Ground: $11,103,000 (88.1%), On Bench: $1,494,000 (11.9%)
    Expected Total: 1700, Site Expected Total: 1700
    Def: E.Yeo (98.23), J.Johannisen (75.83), C.Mills (69.31), M.Hibberd (33.31), T.Cole (27.78), J.Smith (24.10) (A.Pearce (27.78), M.O’Connor (27.36))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (127.14), Z.Merrett (117.08), A.Treloar (107.87), M.Crouch (106.59), J.Steven (93.83), B.Ah Chee (58.54), L.Davies-Uniacke (37.42), T.Kelly (31.75) (N.Freeman (24.10), P.Ahern (24.10))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (85.75), N.Naitanui (59.11) (T.English (26.51), R.Abbott (24.10))
    Fwd: S.Menegola (102.06), I.Heeney (92.13), D.Smith (81.50), R.Lobb (66.19), A.Vandenberg (42.95), H.Bennell (35.29) (J.Higgins (33.73), D.Venables (24.10))

  3. Avatar

    Sanga

    December 21, 2017 at 6:53 pm

    Laird Yeo Lloyd Birchall Mitch Hibberd Murray (Doedee, Cumming)
    Mitchell M. Crouch Oliver Blakely Coniglio Angus Brayshaw LDU Tim Kelly (two 170k guys)
    Jacobs Gawn (two randoms)
    Heeney Robinson Dunkley Brendan Ah Chee Christensen Setterfield (Rioli, Venables)

    It’s a start. Thoughts?

  4. Avatar

    King Fisha

    December 21, 2017 at 7:40 pm

    Too hard to name a full squad. And i hate mid price madness. But here are my must haves next year, if there fighting fit and named:
    Def: Lloyd, Birchall & McGrath
    Mids: Mitchell, Rocky, Coniglio, Beams, Cripps, J Graham, Bennell
    (And one of either Hanners/Parker/Kennedy undecided)
    Ruck: Gawn, NicNat
    Forwards: Heeney, R Gray, Ah Chee, Christensen

    Birchall is a big forgotten player. 15% discount on 68.8. Last 6 years before that averaging over 80… and with hodge gone Birchall goes 80+ easily
    I’m also big on Jack Graham from the tigers. Will be priced around the 60’s. He’s going 80+ and 21 games i reckon.
    Lastly Robbie Gray. 3 years prior he averaged 96+ played alot this year with a groin injury. I know Rocky will take his midfield minutes away but playing free of niggles he could go 90. And you take that.

    • Avatar

      Kingzy

      December 21, 2017 at 10:47 pm

      You names a few I was certainly tracking.
      McGrath is going straight into the guts with a bit of defence
      Birchall is under priced, on the dtlive site he is around 480k but I think that’s wrong, should be priced at around 400k. Cheap as chips
      Ah Chee is one to watch, if he plays in the guts he is a good pick.
      Could be some winners

    • Avatar

      sm@shproof

      December 21, 2017 at 11:17 pm

      No love for o’meara?

      • Avatar

        King Fisha

        December 22, 2017 at 6:56 am

        Personally i won’t be picking Omeara. Not that i don’t love him as a player. But i think he’s just gonna be abit hand ball happy. If his tackle numbers are up tho he’ll be a great pick. Gut feeling says he needs 1 year of consistancy as a hawk before he takes his game to another level.
        Also another of my must haves i missed is Barlow
        Merry Christmas every1 🎄

    • Euman

      Euman

      December 22, 2017 at 9:34 am

      I considered Jack Graham as a Tiger man, but I believe his scoring is too dependant on goals, I believe his two scores in home and away of 80+ odd he kicked 2 goals in each game, just food for thought is all

    • Avatar

      GarysAGod

      December 22, 2017 at 10:43 am

      Lloyd is a good pick, im a swans fan and had him last year but i wouldnt exactly call him a must have.

  5. Avatar

    The Chosen Won

    December 21, 2017 at 7:57 pm

    A stroll down memory lane!

    TEAM NAME: The Chosen Won.
    Used: $9,861,300 (98.6%), Remaining: $138,700 (1.4%) On Ground: $8,681,400 (86.8%), On Bench: $1,179,900 (11.8%)
    Expected Total: 1719, Site Expected Total: 2125
    Def: S.Mitchell (95.52), M.Hibberd (87.14), P.Seedsman (79.24), B.Waters (79.04), M.Suckling (58.01), K.Kolodjashnij (46.49) (M.Fuller (28.01), B.Martin (27.73))
    Mid: D.Swan (117.45), G.Ablett (114.61), M.Barlow (104.61), D.Beams (92.03), M.Murphy (85.52), D.Thomas (63.91), L.Anthony (40.79), C.Beams (34.58) (X.Ellis (25.00), J.Polec (25.00))
    Ruc: H.McIntosh (63.60), A.Sandilands (45.11) (B.Longer (35.87), D.Currie (21.25))
    Fwd: P.Dangerfield (98.65), J.Roughead (86.73), L.Franklin (78.69), T.Walker (52.20), M.Clark (39.35), A.Fasolo (38.45) (K.Harper (29.76), N.Bock (25.07))

    Good Luck in 2018

    • Avatar

      PK

      December 21, 2017 at 11:56 pm

      Talking bout the good old days..
      TEAM NAME: BC Saints. (AFL Fantasy 2014)
      Used: $9,997,700 (100%), Remaining: $2,300 (0%) On Ground: $8,971,700 (89.7%), On Bench: $1,026,000 (10.3%)
      Expected Total: 1770, Site Expected Total: 2141
      Def: J.McVeigh (97.77), K.Simpson (85.22), G.Birchall (80.50), D.Swallow (69.56), J.Watts (67.38), M.Suckling (58.01) (T.Langdon (25.00), W.Langford (25.00))
      Mid: S.Pendlebury (112.77), M.Barlow (104.61), J.Watson (98.52), D.Beams (92.03), J.Macrae (63.54), L.Shiels (63.43), D.Tyson (40.30), J.Polec (25.00) (H.Cunningham (25.00), X.Ellis (25.00))
      Ruc: S.Mumford (78.04), A.Sandilands (45.11) (F.Thurlow (21.25), D.Currie (21.25))
      Fwd: D.Martin (97.05), C.Wingard (87.45), L.Parker (84.69), M.LeCras (84.59), J.Caddy (63.38), S.Higgins (56.35) (G.Rohan (25.54), P.Ambrose (21.25))

    • Euman

      Euman

      December 22, 2017 at 9:39 am

      I think Dane Swan is injured bro – lol great trip, I love how you can pull up the old draft teams. Do you remember how you did that year?

      • Avatar

        The Chosen Won

        December 22, 2017 at 2:51 pm

        Gaz’s 282 in round 1 was as good as it got…lol

        Good Luck

      • Avatar

        PK

        December 23, 2017 at 12:24 am

        I ended up 291 that year..

        • Euman

          Euman

          December 24, 2017 at 9:38 am

          Nice one

  6. Avatar

    TheMaggot

    December 21, 2017 at 11:59 pm

    TEAM NAME: TheMaggots. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,556,000 (99.7%), Remaining: $44,000 (0.3%) On Ground: $11,196,000 (88.9%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 1714, Site Expected Total: 1714
    Def: E.Yeo (98.23), B.Houli (90.43), J.Johannisen (75.83), C.O’Shea (32.60), B.Rice (24.10), T.Doedee (24.10) (J.Smith (24.10), J.Finlayson (24.10))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (127.14), P.Dangerfield (120.48), J.Kelly (112.83), P.Cripps (98.23), C.Blakely (91.71), J.O’Meara (62.08), A.Brayshaw (37.99), T.Kelly (31.75) (P.Ahern (24.10), N.Freeman (24.10))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (85.75), N.Naitanui (59.11) (S.Jones (24.10), D.Cameron (24.10))
    Fwd: J.Billings (94.54), I.Heeney (92.13), M.Walters (79.52), R.Lobb (66.19), A.Christensen (46.92), H.Bennell (35.29) (W.Rioli (24.10), D.Venables (24.10))

    Thoughts?

  7. Avatar

    Will

    December 22, 2017 at 12:08 am

    TEAM NAME: Will (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,563,000 (99.7%), Remaining: $37,000 (0.3%) On Ground: $10,883,000 (89.9%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.8%)

    Def: R. Laird, E.Yeo, K.Simpson, A.Brayshaw, G.Birchall, C.O’Shea, (T.Doedee, J.Smith)
    Mid: T.Mitchell, P.Dangerfield, Z.Merrett, D.Beams, T.Rockliff, D.Armitage, J.O’Meara, P.Ahern (N.Freeman, H.Wigg)
    Ruc: M.Gawn, N.Naitanui (D.Cameron, B.Frampton)
    Fwd: R.Lobb, C.Rioli, A.Christensen, H.Bennell, J.Higgins, L.Ryan (D.Venables, W.Rioli)

    Tempted to swap out one of the three promo defenders and a mid rookie for Cripps and a basement defender.

    Thoughts?

    • Avatar

      Will

      December 22, 2017 at 12:10 am

      On ground is 11,203,000*

  8. Avatar

    Schulzenfest

    December 22, 2017 at 12:10 am

    Real Dream Team
    Used: $12,571,100 (99.8%), Remaining: $28,900 (0.2%)

    Def: R.Laird (100), J.Lloyd (95), A.Brayshaw (80), G.Birchall (80), N.Coffield (60), C.O’Shea (60) (S.Murray (50), T.Doedee (60))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (125), Z.Merrett (115), J.Kelly (115), T.Rockliff (110), D.Hannebery (105), R.Griffen (75), A.Brayshaw (70), L.Davies-Uniacke (70) (P.Ahern (50), T.Kelly (70), J.Garlett (50))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (95), N.Naitanui (80) (B.Frampton (22.56))
    Fwd: M.Barlow (95), C.Wingard (95), I.Heeney (100), L.Dahlhaus (90), A.Christensen (75), W.Setterfield (70) (J.Higgins (60), L.Ryan (50))

  9. Avatar

    Connor

    December 22, 2017 at 12:44 am

    TEAM NAME: Connor’s Sharks. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,545,000 (99.6%), Remaining: $55,000 (0.4%) On Ground: $11,125,000 (88.3%), On Bench: $1,420,000 (11.3%)
    Expected Total: 1693, Site Expected Total: 1693
    Def: E.Yeo (98.23), J.Lloyd (92.13), A.McGrath (70.45), G.Birchall (68.75), M.Hibberd (33.31), T.Doedee (24.10) (C.O’Shea (32.60), J.Smith (24.10))
    Mid: Z.Merrett (117.08), M.Crouch (106.59), P.Cripps (98.23), N.Fyfe (97.38), S.Coniglio (95.68), B.Ah Chee (58.54), L.Davies-Uniacke (37.42), B.Ainsworth (29.48) (P.Ahern (24.10), H.Wigg (24.10))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (85.75), N.Naitanui (59.11) (L.Pierce (24.10), B.Frampton (24.10))
    Fwd: I.Heeney (92.13), M.Robinson (82.64), D.Smith (81.50), R.Lobb (66.19), A.Christensen (46.92), H.Bennell (35.29) (L.Keeffe (24.10), D.Clarke (24.10))

  10. Avatar

    Devil

    December 22, 2017 at 1:00 am

    TEAM NAME: Cx Homie. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,581,000 (99.8%), Remaining: $19,000 (0.2%) On Ground: $11,191,000 (88.8%), On Bench: $1,390,000 (11%)
    Expected Total: 1713, Site Expected Total: 1713
    Def: R.Laird (100.35), E.Yeo (98.23), J.Lloyd (92.13), R.Nyhuis (43.94), J.Brander (34.87), C.O’Shea (32.60) (D.Buckley (25.94), T.Doedee (24.10))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (127.14), P.Dangerfield (120.48), Z.Merrett (117.08), D.Zorko (114.25), D.Martin (113.54), P.Cripps (98.23), P.Dow (37.70), L.Davies-Uniacke (37.42) (N.Freeman (24.10), P.Ahern (24.10))
    Ruc: S.Darcy (78.53), N.Naitanui (59.11) (T.English (26.51), R.Abbott (24.10))
    Fwd: R.Lobb (66.19), J.Simpkin (48.90), A.Christensen (46.92), Z.Fisher (45.07), C.Rayner (38.27), H.Bennell (35.29) (W.Rioli (24.10), T.Bayok (24.10))

    • Avatar

      GarysAGod

      December 22, 2017 at 10:48 am

      Certainly a unique structure, loading up all your money in the midfield and looking for value in your forward line. I dont mind it but i think there is better value for money in the mids then Zorks for example.

  11. Euman

    Euman

    December 22, 2017 at 9:40 am

    With this starting team back in 2015 I came 264th overall in Fantasy is trip down memory lane, I need inspiration as never got close since.

    TEAM NAME: Fantasy Tigers. (AFL Fantasy 2015)
    Used: $9,952,000 (99.5%), Remaining: $48,000 (0.5%) On Ground: $8,875,000 (88.8%), On Bench: $1,077,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 2047, Site Expected Total: 2081
    Def: J.Newnes (89), H.Lumumba (84), K.Kolodjashnij (68.37), J.Geary (78), B.Goodes (70), A.Saad (60) (J.Hamling (47), K.Mcintosh (60))
    Mid: M.Barlow (113), J.Lewis (111), S.Sidebottom (112), M.Priddis (109), L.Neale (86), S.Selwood (99), P.Cripps (66), A.Vandenberg (63) (E.Kavanagh (60), C.Ellis-Yolmen (55))
    Ruc: T.Bellchambers (80), M.Leuenberger (83) (J.Griffin (61), J.Holmes (44))
    Fwd: J.Bartel (100), D.Martin (102), R.Gray (101), D.Swan (105), M.Bontempelli (86), M.Clark (69) (C.Salem (65), K.Lambert (57))

    • Euman

      Euman

      December 22, 2017 at 9:42 am

      although think I tweaked it a little before round one but you get the idea

      • Avatar

        The Chosen Won

        December 22, 2017 at 2:49 pm

        RIP all the good Forwards!

        Good Luck

    • Avatar

      Roger

      December 23, 2017 at 3:01 pm

      Can’t believe quite a few of us got sucked into lumumba and the bellchambers/leuenberger combo

      • Euman

        Euman

        December 23, 2017 at 4:29 pm

        Yes Roger and now looking at I did not do very well that year. It was the next year 2016 I finished 264th was the year I started with Stefan Martin and Goldstein and never looked back set n forget rucks and think they top scored nearly. In that year near season end I even brought in Gaz he got 182 odd so I made him captain the next week and he got injured for 20 odd ouch

  12. Avatar

    PowerAde

    December 22, 2017 at 11:48 am

    TEAM NAME: PowerAde. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,586,000 (99.9%), Remaining: $14,000 (0.1%) On Ground: $11,226,000 (89.1%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 1718, Site Expected Total: 1718
    Def: R.Laird (100.35), E.Yeo (98.23), J.Lloyd (92.13), A.McGrath (70.45), G.Birchall (68.75), C.O’Shea (32.60) (S.Murray (24.10), J.Smith (24.10))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (127.14), D.Beams (104.46), T.Rockliff (102.91), P.Cripps (98.23), S.Coniglio (95.68), A.Kennedy (50.18), K.Lovell (29.62), D.Barry (24.10) (N.Freeman (24.10), H.Wigg (24.10))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (85.75), N.Naitanui (59.11) (B.Frampton (24.10), D.Cameron (24.10))
    Fwd: I.Heeney (92.13), R.Gray (81.22), B.Ah Chee (58.54), A.Christensen (46.92), A.Smith (37.42), H.Bennell (35.29) (H.Dear (24.10), P.Ahern (24.10))

    • Avatar

      PowerAde

      December 22, 2017 at 11:50 am

      the team above will surely win round one

      • Avatar

        The Chosen Won

        December 22, 2017 at 2:48 pm

        Good Luck in 2018 :)

    • Euman

      Euman

      December 22, 2017 at 6:31 pm

      I like Dom Barry

    • Euman

      Euman

      December 22, 2017 at 6:32 pm

      I love laird had him all last year does anyone think Lever going will change his scores? I’m thinking Simpson instead with the Doc out – thoughts – or both

  13. Avatar

    tbd

    December 22, 2017 at 12:44 pm

    Laird, Yeo, Sicily, Mitch Hibberd, O’Shea, Doddee (Rice, Finlayson)

    Mitchell, Dangerfield, Adams, Martin, Kelly, JOM, LDU, Kelly (Worpel, Freeman)

    Gawn, Nic Nat (Cameron, Framptom)

    Billings, Parish, Ah Chee, Young, Bennell, Higgins (McKay, Ahern)

    • Euman

      Euman

      December 22, 2017 at 6:36 pm

      Awesome mids dude. Love the Sicily pick is high on my list. Anyone worried on small drop in output from Dangers with fit Jelwood and Selwood rise of Menengola and now Ablett? Don’t get me wrong just thinking he may drop 5-10 points so just not worth the starting price IMO – happy for opinions

      • Euman

        Euman

        December 22, 2017 at 6:49 pm

        Sorry “and Selwood” I mean a fit Scooter

      • Avatar

        tbd

        December 22, 2017 at 8:33 pm

        Yeah honestly I think forwards are very weak as most of us do. Stacking the mids and looking for value in other lines is tried and true. Funny enough I actually changed Danger out for Parker because of those reasons without seeing your reply. Definitely an area for concern, but we will see

        • Euman

          Euman

          December 23, 2017 at 9:49 am

          Yes I think danger will be top 8 but will be cheaper later is all

          • Avatar

            Will

            December 23, 2017 at 1:43 pm

            I honestly reckon Dangerfield’s output will increase with Ablett being added to the team. The two games where he played predominately forward last year (injured against Hawks, and healthy against swans in Semi) he scored 140. Whilst disposal numbers may drop slightly expect his average marks and goals per game to go up. He’s locked in for me

  14. Avatar

    Jordan

    December 22, 2017 at 6:58 pm

    DEF: Yeo, Brayshaw, Birchall, Coffield, O’Shea, Goddard (Murray, Doedee)
    MID: Titch, MCrouch, Beams, Cripps, Fyfe, MKennedy, JOM, Ainsworth (Ahern, Freeman)
    RUCK: Gawn, Naitanui (Jones, Cameron)
    FWD: Heeney, Robinson, Petracca, Crozier, Young, Christensen (Venables, Rioli)

    thoughts?

  15. Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

    Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

    December 22, 2017 at 7:16 pm

    Back again for another early pre- season,
    My first line up is fairly equal across the 4 lines. Comment if you will :)

    TEAM NAME: Joey. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,469,000 (99%), Remaining: $131,000 (1%) On Ground: $10,956,000 (87%), On Bench: $1,513,000 (12%)
    Expected Total: 1680, Site Expected Total: 1680
    Def: M.Hibberd (92.56), A.Witherden (85.75), R.Burton (84.34), A.McGrath (70.45), C.O’Shea (32.60), J.Smith (24.10) (A.Pearce (27.78), B.McKay (27.64))

    Mid: T.Mitchell (127.14), J.Kelly (112.83), P.Cripps (98.23), C.Blakely (91.71), J.Redden (83.49), P.Dow (37.70), L.Davies-Uniacke (37.42), L.Fogarty (32.32) (T.Kelly (31.75), B.Daniels (30.90))

    Ruc: S.Jacobs (99.36), N.Naitanui (59.11) (M.King (24.10), D.Cameron (24.10))

    Fwd: I.Heeney (92.13), D.Smith (81.50), M.Walters (79.52), J.Stringer (57.12), C.Rayner (38.27), H.Bennell (35.29) (D.Venables (24.10), P.Ahern (24.10))

  16. Avatar

    Roger

    December 23, 2017 at 2:58 pm

    Welcome back fellas and a merry xmas to all. My starter:
    Def: Laird,Yeo,Lloyd, O’Shea,A.Morgan,Doedee (D.buckley, s.murray)
    Mids: Titch,danger,zerrett,rocky,A.Brayshaw,LDU,t.Kelly (n.holman,freeman)
    Rucks: Gawn,nicnat (frampton,d.cameron)
    Fwds: Barlow,m.robinson,lobb,a.young,christensen,bennell (w.rioli,ahern)
    $37k left

    • Avatar

      Roger

      December 23, 2017 at 3:02 pm

      +zorko in the mid

  17. Avatar

    Alex

    December 23, 2017 at 4:09 pm

    TEAM NAME: Westy’s Winners. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,597,000 (100%), Remaining: $3,000 (0%) On Ground: $11,237,000 (89.2%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 1719, Site Expected Total: 1719
    Def: R.Laird (100.35), E.Yeo (98.23), J.Johannisen (75.83), A.McGrath (70.45), C.O’Shea (32.60), T.Doedee (24.10) (J.Smith (24.10), B.Rice (24.10))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (127.14), Z.Merrett (117.08), J.Kelly (112.83), S.Ross (101.91), S.Coniglio (95.68), J.O’Meara (62.08), L.Davies-Uniacke (37.42), H.Wigg (24.10) (N.Freeman (24.10), P.Ahern (24.10))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (85.75), N.Naitanui (59.11) (B.Frampton (24.10), L.Strnadica (24.10))
    Fwd: I.Heeney (92.13), R.Gray (81.22), D.Parish (78.24), J.Stringer (57.12), H.Bennell (35.29), W.Rioli (24.10) (D.Venables (24.10), K.Lebois (24.10))

    Thoughts?

  18. Avatar

    Aidan

    December 23, 2017 at 4:44 pm

    24k left, rookies are placeholders

    Def: R.Laird (100.35), E.Yeo (98.23), J.Crisp (88.16), Z.Williams (82.78), C.O’Shea (32.60), A.Pearce (27.78) (T.Doedee (24.10), L.Keeffe (24.10))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (127.14), D.Martin (113.54), M.Crouch (106.59), P.Cripps (98.23), J.O’Meara (62.08), J.Higgins (33.73), J.Worpel (25.80), P.Ahern (24.10) (H.Wigg (24.10), N.Freeman (24.10))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (85.75), N.Naitanui (59.11) (D.Cameron (24.10), M.Flynn (24.10))
    Fwd: M.Barlow (94.68), I.Heeney (92.13), D.Smith (81.50), R.Lobb (66.19), A.Christensen (46.92), H.Bennell (35.29) (L.Ryan (31.18), W.Rioli (24.10))

    • Avatar

      Alan Boreland

      December 24, 2017 at 12:22 am

      Looks good mate, maybe over paying for titch and dusty though

      Here’s my first go:

      TEAM NAME: We got big Cox AF 2018. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
      Used: $12,598,000 (100%), Remaining: $2,000 (0%) On Ground: $11,153,000 (88.5%), On Bench: $1,445,000 (11.5%)
      Expected Total: 1693, Site Expected Total: 1693
      Def: R.Laird (100.35), E.Yeo (98.23), J.Lloyd (92.13), Z.Williams (82.78), T.Doedee (24.10), J.Smith (24.10) (M.Eagles (24.10), A.Morgan (24.10))
      Mid: J.Kelly (112.83), L.Neale (100.21), L.Parker (98.37), N.Fyfe (97.38), S.Coniglio (95.68), L.Davies-Uniacke (37.42), K.Lovell (29.62), B.Ainsworth (29.48) (H.Wigg (24.10), N.Freeman (24.10))
      Ruc: M.Gawn (85.75), N.Naitanui (59.11) (T.English (26.51), M.Flynn (24.10))
      Fwd: J.Billings (94.54), I.Heeney (92.13), D.Parish (78.24), R.Lobb (66.19), A.Christensen (46.92), H.Bennell (35.29) (J.Higgins (33.73), P.Ahern (24.10))

  19. Avatar

    Jaxon

    December 23, 2017 at 5:33 pm

    TEAM NAME: yeet. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,585,000 (99.9%), Remaining: $15,000 (0.1%) On Ground: $11,225,000 (89.1%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 2115, Site Expected Total: 1716
    Def: K.Simpson (100), R.Burton (95), A.McGrath (90), C.O’Shea (60), J.Smith (60), T.Doedee (55) (S.Murray (50), B.Rice (50))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (125), Z.Merrett (120), J.Kelly (115), D.Beams (110), T.Rockliff (110), N.Fyfe (105), L.Davies-Uniacke (65), B.Ainsworth (65) (H.Wigg (60), N.Freeman (50))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (100), N.Naitanui (100) (R.Abbott (24.10), D.Cameron (40))
    Fwd: M.Barlow (100), M.Robinson (90), R.Lobb (85), B.Ah Chee (80), A.Christensen (80), H.Bennell (80) (P.Ahern (50), D.Venables (50))

    Thoughts on this one?? Backline is a bit weak, and risky forward line, but the mids look nice…

  20. Avatar

    THE PIG 🐽

    December 23, 2017 at 7:41 pm

    Used: $12,598,000 (100%), Remaining: $2,000 (0%) On Ground: $11,238,000 (89.2%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 2099, Site Expected Total: 1717
    Def: K.Simpson (100), J.Lloyd (98), R.Burton (95), A.McGrath (90), J.Smith (60), T.Doedee (55) (B.Rice (50), S.Murray (50))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (125), D.Beams (110), L.Parker (108), P.Cripps (105), N.Fyfe (105), L.Davies-Uniacke (65), A.Cerra (65), T.Kelly (65) (N.Freeman (50), H.Wigg (60))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (100), N.Naitanui (100) (D.Cameron (40), O.McInerney (40))
    Fwd: M.Barlow (100), J.Billings (98), I.Heeney (98), M.Robinson (92), H.Bennell (80), D.Venables (60) (D.Clarke (50), P.Ahern (50))

    Thoughts on the team?

    • Euman

      Euman

      December 24, 2017 at 6:22 pm

      nice to see Billings he was near first selected for me

      • Avatar

        THE PIG

        December 24, 2017 at 6:45 pm

        Agree mate. He’ll be very good this season I think

  21. Avatar

    Luke

    December 24, 2017 at 10:12 am

    Thoughts on Adams as a POD? I reckon he’ll only be in about 5% of teams to start off with. I reckon he’ll go 115 again and be a top 5 mid

    • Euman

      Euman

      December 24, 2017 at 6:14 pm

      Im on board and have selected him in my starting team, he is up there in the top 5 i think for last 5 round average and there has be no changes at the pies that would affect his scores so is solid choice for mine

      • Avatar

        Luke

        December 24, 2017 at 6:18 pm

        Gets plenty of the footy, cheap marks, tackles, kicks goals and won’t get any attention with Pendles, Treloar and Sidebottom ahead of him for a tag

        • Euman

          Euman

          December 24, 2017 at 6:19 pm

          sold and solid

    • Euman

      Euman

      December 24, 2017 at 6:21 pm

      i am thinking starting Degoey is $560k also in the forwards is POD – thoughts?

      • Avatar

        Luke

        December 24, 2017 at 7:16 pm

        Given there isn’t much to like up there ;Menegola, Barlow, Billings, Heeney) I think you can take the punt on a guy like De Goey. He’s also due for a break out too and I reckon he’ll get more midfield time next season. He goes 88+ and you’ve got yourself a forward keeper and best case he could push top 6

  22. Avatar

    TheMaggot

    December 24, 2017 at 5:17 pm

    Thoughts?

    TEAM NAME: TheMaggots. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,573,000 (99.8%), Remaining: $27,000 (0.2%) On Ground: $11,213,000 (89%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 1716, Site Expected Total: 1716
    Def: E.Yeo (98.23), M.Hibberd (92.56), B.Houli (90.43), S.Murray (24.10), T.Doedee (24.10), J.Smith (24.10) (J.Finlayson (24.10), B.Rice (24.10))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (127.14), T.Adams (114.67), J.Kelly (112.83), P.Cripps (98.23), C.Blakely (91.71), J.O’Meara (62.08), A.Brayshaw (37.99), T.Kelly (31.75) (P.Ahern (24.10), N.Freeman (24.10))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (85.75), N.Naitanui (59.11) (S.Jones (24.10), D.Cameron (24.10))
    Fwd: J.Billings (94.54), I.Heeney (92.13), M.Walters (79.52), R.Lobb (66.19), A.Christensen (46.92), H.Bennell (35.29) (W.Rioli (24.10), D.Venables (24.10))

    • Euman

      Euman

      December 24, 2017 at 6:18 pm

      looks nice how much cash you got? Maybe try for one more gun mid if your setup allows it, just my opinion but our strategies maybe different. Walters is interesting, i nearly picked him myself but beleive there are a few changes going to happen at freo which may affect his scores time will tell. I see many with Lobb i msut of missed soemthing there tell me more about him and why a few people are selecting him.

      Good luck in 2018

      • Avatar

        Dulcify

        December 24, 2017 at 7:53 pm

        Re Lobb. Now that Mummy has retired, Lobb will be the main ruck at the Giants. He is an up and coming talent who is a contested mark beast. Will get plenty of hitouts and he knows where the goals are. He should push for an average somewhere between 80-95 which I feel is acceptable. Can’t believe he is a forward only at the moment, but he does look certain to gain ruck status in round six.

        Good luck.

        • Euman

          Euman

          December 24, 2017 at 8:18 pm

          Cheers for that sounds like a must

  23. Avatar

    Jax

    December 24, 2017 at 6:56 pm

    Taylor Adams, Danger and Christensen || or || Patrick Cripps, Fyfe and Heeney

    • Avatar

      PK

      December 24, 2017 at 7:37 pm

      Adams,Danger & Christensen

    • Avatar

      Adam

      December 24, 2017 at 8:30 pm

      120+115+75=310
      V
      105+105+95=305

      The first one has IMO 2 top 8 mids. In the 2nd the only top player is Heeney in the forwards

      • Euman

        Euman

        December 25, 2017 at 9:22 am

        and top one (first one) Christensen should make you some cash and then you can trade him to Heeny for free

  24. Avatar

    Will

    December 25, 2017 at 8:41 am

    TEAM NAME: fellas2. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,587,000 (99.9%), Remaining: $13,000 (0.1%) On Ground: $11,227,000 (89.1%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 2182, Site Expected Total: 1699
    Def: E.Yeo (102), K.Simpson (102), M.Hurley (100), A.Brayshaw (92), G.Birchall (82), C.O’Shea (70), (J.Smith (60), T.Doedee (65))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (124), P.Dangerfield (126), M.Crouch (112), D.Beams (115), T.Rockliff (115), S.Coniglio (106), D.Armitage (90), T.Kelly (70) (H.Wigg (60), N.Freeman (60))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (100), N.Naitanui (85) (B.Frampton (24.10), D.Cameron (24.10))
    Fwd: R.Lobb (86), C.Rioli (82), A.Christensen (82), H.Bennell (80), J.Higgins (70), L.Ryan (65) (W.Rioli (60), D.Venables (60))

    Aaron Young might come in for Rioli. I want to squeeze Adams in for M Crouch but I can’t seem to make it work at the moment. Also FYI, the magic number for the drawing board is a little too high, hence all premiums are 1K too expensive

    • Euman

      Euman

      December 25, 2017 at 9:26 am

      good team, you have sacrificed the forwards to bulk up elsewhere good plan as there is slim pickings. Young maybe good watch JLT and is cheaper than him. Only thing is its hard to trust Suns although is a new coach, but from what ive read so far is they have 38 players all playing midfield this year and 38 players training with the mid field group lol.

  25. Avatar

    Bruce

    December 25, 2017 at 3:42 pm

    All rookies place holders

    Def: R.Laird (100.35), K.Simpson (97.66), J.Crisp (88.16), G.Birchall (68.75), K.Collins (24.10), J.Finlayson (24.10) (F.Watson (24.10), R.Gardner (24.10))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (127.14), Z.Merrett (117.08), T.Adams (114.67), D.Zorko (114.25), T.Rockliff (102.91), J.O’Meara (62.08), H.Wigg (24.10), N.Shipley (24.10) (N.Freeman (24.10), J.Bell (24.10))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (85.75), N.Naitanui (59.11) (D.Cameron (24.10), M.Lynch (24.10))
    Fwd: J.Billings (94.54), I.Heeney (92.13), J.Sicily (74.27), A.Christensen (46.92), K.Lebois (24.10), P.Ahern (24.10) (L.Tiziani (24.10), D.Clarke (24.10))

  26. Avatar

    Brad

    December 25, 2017 at 4:36 pm

    Love that most teams are going a POD or 2 in the midfield. Most pre seasons it’s the same old sides. Seems the likes of Adams, Zorko, Kelly, Beams etc all have their fans 👍

  27. Avatar

    Oscar

    December 25, 2017 at 5:16 pm

    TEAM NAME: walberg. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,477,000 (99%), Remaining: $123,000 (1%) On Ground: $10,964,000 (87%), On Bench: $1,513,000 (12%)
    Expected Total: 1681, Site Expected Total: 1681
    Def: M.Hibberd (92.56), R.Burton (84.34), A.McGrath (70.45), C.Mills (69.31), C.O’Shea (32.60), J.Smith (24.10) (A.Pearce (27.78), B.McKay (27.64))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (127.14), J.Kelly (112.83), L.Neale (100.21), P.Cripps (98.23), J.Redden (83.49), J.O’Meara (62.08), L.Davies-Uniacke (37.42), L.Fogarty (32.32) (T.Kelly (31.75), B.Daniels (30.90))
    Ruc: S.Jacobs (99.36), N.Naitanui (59.11) (D.Cameron (24.10), M.King (24.10))
    Fwd: I.Heeney (92.13), M.Walters (79.52), R.Lobb (66.19), J.Stringer (57.12), C.Rayner (38.27), H.Bennell (35.29) (P.Ahern (24.10), D.Venables (24.10))

    Best team I’ve done so far, even across all lines, any players that you guys dont like?

  28. Avatar

    sm@shproof

    December 25, 2017 at 6:06 pm

    I know its only preseason but who would you start round 1 between Rocky and Beams.

    • Avatar

      Brad

      December 25, 2017 at 6:14 pm

      Both have their injury concerns, Rocky probably has the potential to average higher given his history, but Beams end to the year was insane. I’d say Beams just as there’s a few unknowns about Rocky at port

  29. Avatar

    connorj

    December 25, 2017 at 6:29 pm

    Used: $12,579,000 (99.8%), Remaining: $21,000 (0.2%) On Ground: $11,219,000 (89%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 2112, Site Expected Total: 1715
    Def: K.Simpson (100), J.Lloyd (98), R.Burton (95), A.McGrath (90), J.Smith (60), T.Doedee (55) (B.Rice (50), S.Murray (50))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (125), T.Adams (115), J.Kelly (115), M.Crouch (112), D.Beams (110), A.Brayshaw (66), T.Kelly (65), B.Ainsworth (65) (H.Wigg (60), N.Freeman (50))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (100), N.Naitanui (100) (D.Cameron (40), O.McInerney (40))
    Fwd: M.Barlow (100), J.Billings (98), I.Heeney (98), A.Christensen (80), H.Bennell (80), D.Venables (60) (D.Clarke (50), P.Ahern (50))

    Best I could come up with at the moment… Thoughts?

    • Avatar

      hypojezza

      December 26, 2017 at 12:42 pm

      Fairly balanced across all lines. Final structure juju might depend on where the best rookies named for round 1 end up being

  30. Avatar

    hypojezza

    December 26, 2017 at 12:38 pm

    TEAM NAME: Rock the Socks 2018. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,600,000 (100%), Remaining: $0 (0%) On Ground: $11,210,000 (89%), On Bench: $1,390,000 (11%)
    Expected Total: 2225, Site Expected Total: 1713
    Def: A.Brayshaw (95), A.McGrath (95), M.Hibberd (75), I.Cumming (65), S.Murray (70), T.Doedee (70) (D.Buckley (65), A.Morgan (70))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (125), P.Dangerfield (120), T.Adams (115), M.Crouch (115), D.Beams (115), T.Rockliff (115), P.Cripps (105), J.O’Meara (95) (D.Barry (24.10), N.Holman (24.10))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (105), N.Naitanui (85) (T.English (26.51), D.Cameron (24.10))
    Fwd: M.Barlow (95), R.Lobb (90), B.Ah Chee (95), A.Young (85), A.Christensen (85), H.Bennell (85) (P.Ahern (24.10), D.Venables (24.10))

    • Euman

      Euman

      December 26, 2017 at 12:46 pm

      firstly i love that you have used every cent, thats not that easy to do.your mid must be the best ive seen so far at the expense of your backs by the looks but slim pickings there anyway and points are in the mids. i like Achee pick assume is the west coast guy i think with the retirements he may play mid is great pick. Looks like im gunna have to throw in Lobb everyone has him and the arguements for are good and if he gets ruck status round 6 is bonus

    • Euman

      Euman

      December 26, 2017 at 12:54 pm

      i was tossing up on Young too he was in my original team, but i dont trust Suns the wrod on street is that they have 38 blokes all playing mid and 38 blokes all training with the mid field group during preseason – will see how the JLT goes i guess

  31. Euman

    Euman

    December 26, 2017 at 12:51 pm

    TEAM NAME: Eumans Premiership Tigers 2018. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,479,000 (99%), Remaining: $121,000 (1%) On Ground: $11,046,000 (87.7%), On Bench: $1,433,000 (11.4%)
    Expected Total: 2029, Site Expected Total: 1692
    Def: K.Simpson (97), B.Houli (95), C.Mills (90), A.Kennedy (75), C.O’Shea (70), S.Murray (60) (J.Smith (60), T.Doedee (60))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (127), T.Adams (115), J.Kelly (113), D.Beams (105), P.Cripps (100), J.O’Meara (90), A.Brayshaw (60), L.Davies-Uniacke (60) (T.Kelly (60), N.Holman (60))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (95), N.Naitanui (80) (T.English (60), B.Frampton (60))
    Fwd: J.Billings (95), D.Smith (90), J.De Goey (90), A.Christensen (70), H.Bennell (65), P.Ahern (60) (T.Brown (55), D.Venables (55))

  32. Euman

    Euman

    December 26, 2017 at 12:52 pm

    was tossing up between Omera and M Kennedy but at this stage is Omera is cheaper and we know hes good for 90 per week if body holds

  33. Avatar

    Will

    December 26, 2017 at 2:35 pm

    Anyone know how much Ryan Griffen will be? Showing him at 385k on DT Live but given games missed he should be cheaper than that. In any case he’s going to be priced around 45-50 odd. Anyone keen?

    • Avatar

      John lawrence

      December 26, 2017 at 3:01 pm

      hI Will just checked Real dreamteam as i have Assistant coach and Ryan Griffin is priced @ $340k if that helps.

      • Avatar

        Will

        December 26, 2017 at 3:16 pm

        Cheers for that. There’s a few differences between RDT and Fantasy, so have to wait and see what it is in Fantady

  34. Avatar

    Thefuzz

    December 26, 2017 at 6:18 pm

    21k leftover. I’m sure I don’t have the balls the actually start Gazza but boy is he nice to look at.

    R.Laird, J.Sicily, A.McGrath, G.Birchall, C.O’Shea, S.Murray (T.Doedee, B.Rice)
    T.Mitchell, P.Dangerfield, G.Ablett, Z.Merrett, T.Rockliff, P.Dow, L.Davies-Uniacke, T.Kelly (J.Worpel, M.Crowden)
    M.Gawn, N.Naitanui (M.King, D.Cameron)
    M.Barlow, M.Robinson, M.Walters, A.Christensen, H.Bennell, J.Higgins (L.Ryan, P.Ahern)

  35. Avatar

    Chris

    December 26, 2017 at 6:21 pm

    Anyone keen on Prestia? Averaged 100 at the Suns and was going on an upward trajectory before injuries hit. From reports wasn’t training much and carrying niggles all this year. Priced at 81, I see some growth in him. Averaged 105 from his last 7 this year

  36. Avatar

    Josh

    December 29, 2017 at 11:53 am

    People need to watch lobb. Last year when mummy was injured they brought in Dawson Simpson, who was the main ruck and lobb the fwd/ruck. If Simpson is playing I wouldn’t be selecting Lobb!!!!!!!!

  37. Avatar

    Josh

    December 29, 2017 at 11:59 am

    Adams or Kelly ???

  38. Avatar

    John

    January 11, 2018 at 3:01 pm

    Is anyone getting the “registrations currently closed” for this when trying to sign up?

  39. Avatar

    Someone

    January 29, 2018 at 5:12 pm

    Back: yeo doedee Simpson Lloyd Birchall O’Shea
    Mid: coniglio Rayner Fyfe Rockliff adams ahern omera cerra
    Forward: martin Bennell Smith lobb Christianson Heeney
    310k left

Leave a Reply

More in My Team