My Team

My Team 2017 – Round 20

Discuss your round twenty moves in My Team. Get involved in the DT Talk community to discuss trades, captains and everything to do with your team in My Team!

Discuss your team, strategy, players, etc. in this post. Name it up if it’s for RDT or Fantasy as that can make a difference with what you should do. Offer up constructive comments if you want questions answered yourself! Be a giver, not just a taker! This is a great community and we want it to stay that way. We love banter as much as the next person, just keep it clean!

Head to www.dtlive.com.au for live scores over the weekend and for your study needs during the week. Data View has been updated and there are plenty of other features there and in the works!

Click here to subscribe on iTunes

moneyball_620

2017 averages – Fantasy points for and against (season)

CLUBPTS FOR>100 FOR>120 FORPTS AG>100 AG>120 AG
PA16323.41.21597.53.60.9
RICH1527.92.60.91614.43.11.3
STK1644.84.20.91659.34.11.2
SYD1590.93.80.716333.70.8
WB1633.63.10.41651.341.2
WC1628.83.60.916213.91.1

2017 averages – Fantasy points for and against (last 3 weeks)

CLUBPTS FOR>100 FOR>120 FORPTS AG>100 AG>120 AG
STK1506.7301641.731
SYD1498.72.3016203.70
WB1663.33.70.315503.70.7
WC1680.340.71615.751.7

1. Rileytr

July 30, 2017 at 9:43 pm

This is if Blakely does play

Darcy to $150 rook
    Butler to Higgins or Ryder

Suggestions?

• HeathShawsShankedRedemption

July 30, 2017 at 11:59 pm

I like Higgins 👍

• HeathShawsShankedRedemption

July 31, 2017 at 12:03 am

Doc, Laird, Lloyd, Crisp, Newnes, Ryan (Willis, Larkey)
      Titch, Danger, Dusty, Zerrett, Ebert, Heppell, Jelwood, Witherden (Greenwood, Pickett)
      Kreuzer, Darcy (Buzza, Cameron)
      Macrae, Hill, Yeo, Heeney, Sheed, Young (JKH, Stengle)

Had a putrid week, so many duds I want to trade, last weeks plan was to go Ryan – Rook and Greenwood to Beams/premk but at this stage I’m going Greenwood -> Allison and JKH -> Sidebottom leaving 97k.

2. Trent

July 30, 2017 at 9:45 pm

Have no cash and need a sub 450k forward for Greenwoos, thoughts on Wells?

• D Day

July 31, 2017 at 10:23 am

He’s had his 1 good game for the season. Pass.

3. lizard-of-oz

July 30, 2017 at 9:46 pm

Made it into top 200 match day…you bewdy!

4. Daniel Kotronis

July 30, 2017 at 9:49 pm

Defenders:
    Docherty Adams Laird Lloyd Witherden Burton (Ryan Rice)

Midfielders:
    Titch Dangerfield Zerrett Dusty Rocky Jelwood Fyfe H.Greenwood (Hibberd Pickett)

Rucks:
    Martin Darcy (Cameron Soldo)

Forwards:
    Macrae B.Hill Heeney Menegola Dahlhaus J.Thomas Black Miles)

$217K in the bank

Possible Trade:
    Josh Thomas Hugh Greenwood Dayne Beams

Hugh Greenwood Ryan Burton Jacob Allison + $252K

Allows next week to get Sidey and also upgrade Ryan.

5. Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

July 30, 2017 at 10:10 pm

SUCKED IN GREG, YOU ARE THE CHOSEN LOSER FROM THE GETGO

Good Luck for 2020

• The Chosen Won

July 31, 2017 at 1:44 pm

LOL Oscar what are you 9.?

Your Rank 9378

My Rank 359

That is all!

Good Luck in 2018!

• Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

July 31, 2017 at 5:29 pm

IDC about rank, i beat you, you suck….
        End of story

• The Chosen Won

July 31, 2017 at 6:59 pm

Mate…

You won on the weekend congrats that makes it 1 all for the year, So the only thing you really beat was ya kock, Course you don’t care about rank that’s because you don’t have one :)

Good Luck Champ!

• Thrice

August 1, 2017 at 3:58 pm

First time Chosen One decided to give away his rank, must have climbed recently?

2 mid priced Midfielders
        Rookie in Defence
        Rookie in Ruck
        Only 1 potential bench rookie to cash in on.

Someone peeked to soon. That team isn’t getting any better.

Good luck next year.

• The Chosen Won

August 1, 2017 at 4:41 pm

Thrice..

Please

Ranked 1100th Coming out of byes..

Rnd 15…1061
          Rnd 16… 864
          Rnd 17… 532
          Rnd 18… 432
          Rnd 19… 359

Peaked too early and going the wrong way they dickhead.

Rookie in defence who is TOP 10 defender (Withers) and I Traded Darcy to Grundy and Hanners to Beams this week so stop being upset that I am clearly better than you!

Good Game Me!

• Thrice

August 1, 2017 at 6:40 pm

Firstly, actually your not doing better than me., I’m currently on track for a DT hat :)

Secondly, I said that you have peeked too soon meaning your current score is the highest rank you will obtain. Thank you for supporting this observation with your evidence above. You should now observe a fall in rank due to your under established team.

Thirdly, not sure ‘wrong way they dickhead’ makes grammatical sense.

Fourthly, while you attempt to trade in Beams and Grundy, teams above you already have more premos than you and the flexibility to work with, thus making your rank fall in the coming weeks.

Fifthly, you should probably trade Dangerfield because he’s not playing idiot lol.

• The Chosen Won

August 1, 2017 at 6:54 pm

1. You claim you are ranked higher than me but don’t post a number, Well Played.

2. Don’t really give a f**k what you think or predict.

3. Again I really don’t give a f**k what you have to say.

4. And again really I don’t give a f**k what you think.

5. No, No wait I really mean I don’t give a f**k what you have to say.

Good Game Me!

• Thrice

August 1, 2017 at 8:05 pm

Hahaha. The Chosen One has lost the plot. Keep the language out of the forums please mate.

Good luck with those trades this week. Looking forward to you backflipping on those trades and trading out Dangerfield like I suggested. But that would mean you actually give a hoot about what I have to say? What a predicament you have got yourself into.

Peace :)

• The Chosen Won

August 2, 2017 at 7:06 am

*Won

Noticed you still haven’t posted a number so..

Good Luck in 2018!

6. antongus1

July 30, 2017 at 10:19 pm

Who watched the game?
    Partington vs Allison?

7. Another Arctic Flying wombat Panda of Doom named Drowning fish

July 30, 2017 at 10:31 pm

Newnes worth trading out?
    Thinking could go him to Fyfe for a decent player who plays four quarters

• j

July 30, 2017 at 10:41 pm

Like many coaches, I should have kept Lloyd on bench, to have the option of trading out Newnes this week. Now i have a Blakley + Newnes headache this week, and have lost Lloyd, now with Ryan to be played on field. Went from a “complete” backline to one in disarray in a week.

To answer your question, Newnes is tradable – and best unique option is probably Simpson.

8. Crazed Turkey

July 30, 2017 at 10:33 pm

Will JPK play?

• j

July 30, 2017 at 10:43 pm

Hope not – I dont’ have enough trades to get rid of Hanneberry – but if JPK misses, Handonberries might be kept if he can get more inside midfield time.

• Matt

July 30, 2017 at 11:17 pm

I wouldn’t be confident
      Big chance could be one of them late withdrawals we all dread

9. Foo Foo the Snoo

July 30, 2017 at 10:49 pm

I feel as though I’ve been digitally raped this week.

• Simon

July 31, 2017 at 10:00 am

Quit yer bitchin

10. Andy

July 30, 2017 at 11:15 pm

Trade Kennedy or Greenwood?

Worth playing Ryan instead of Roberton?

• j

July 30, 2017 at 11:22 pm

First one, can wait till teams. If both named, trade Greenwood.

Second one, nope – if putting Roberton on bench, you may as well trade him to another premo with form – e.g., Simpson, Hurley, Hibberd. Too early to say if Ryan’s score will be part of a trend or is just a flash in the pan.

• Grovers Guns

July 31, 2017 at 11:03 am

Ryan actually benefited two fold which will continue.

Firstly – Walters which moved Weller from defence to midfield and then Blakely injury making Ryan the link up.

Don’t expect 130 but would expect around 90.

If benching Roberton, then trade to a rookie and use the massive cash difference elsewhere

• the Cricket

August 1, 2017 at 3:32 pm

I’d trade JPK even if he is named. He looked really sore last week and his form’s been ordinary for a while now, definitely off the boil. Trade him before he loses more cash or is a late out (which is pretty likely).

11. wiley

July 30, 2017 at 11:32 pm

Greenwood > Allison
    Riewoldt > Sidebottom

Thoughts? leaves me with around 197k for trades next week

• D Day

July 31, 2017 at 10:25 am

Nice trades.

12. HeathShawsShankedRedemption

July 31, 2017 at 12:04 am

Doc, Laird, Lloyd, Crisp, Newnes, Ryan (Willis, Larkey)
    Kreuzer, Darcy (Buzza, Cameron)
    Macrae, Hill, Yeo, Heeney, Sheed, Young (JKH, Stengle)

• Daniel Kotronis

July 31, 2017 at 9:36 am

Good trade, my team is similar to yours

Defenders: Doc, Laird, Adams, Lloyd, Witherden, Ryan (Hibberd, Rice)
      Midfielders: Titch, Danger, Zerrett, Dusty, Rocky, Beams, Jelwood, Fyfe (Allison, Pickett)
      Rucks: Martin, Darcy (Cameron, Soldo)
      Forwards: Heeney, Hill, Menegola, Macrae, Dahlhaus, Burton (Black, Miles)

I went:
      Josh Thomas to Beams
      High Greenwood to Allison + $252K

13. SpagBol

July 31, 2017 at 2:13 am

Thoughts on Matt Crouch (592k) anyone?

• SpagBol

July 31, 2017 at 2:14 am

Either taking a punt on him or going safe with Treloar…

• Greg

July 31, 2017 at 9:30 am

I’ve had Crouch all year and he’s been really good recently, but his tendency to handball is very frustrating. Good POD though.

14. JP

July 31, 2017 at 5:20 am

How many from the same team is too many?
    I want to upgrade Darcy to Grundy to go with martin, but i have treloar, sidey and adams.

• Mat

July 31, 2017 at 9:13 am

If you have grundy, Adams, Treloar and Sidey you can expect around 420 from them four players which sits fine with me

• Plugger

July 31, 2017 at 9:54 am

Grundy, as a Ruck, you can look at much more independently of the effect that his team mates may have on his game, than if they were sharing similar positional roles. If you had a bunch of same-team midfielders you would look at the effect that the presence of each has on the other – think S.Selwood and his effect on Menegola’s score when both play at the same time and Scooter is not tied to a specific tagging role.

Grundy is free of those kinds of considerations. I have Treloar, Adams and WHE (who I have traded up for Sidebottom this week). The roles of those players do not clash.

Next week I will grab Grundy if I have the luxury trade, somewhat in the confidence that he will deliver the pill down the throats of my other midfield oriented magpies and help them with their scores and he is the premier RUC.

You just about must trade Darcy to Grundy for the finals, if your bank allows and, so long as there are no other greater positional weaknesses you need to attend to. There is no issue that Darcy now needs to be traded, as you intimate, – GAWN, if you don’t have him would be the only other alternate to Grundy (and give you an extra 100k in the bank).

15. Doug

July 31, 2017 at 7:32 am

Heeney to Sidebottom or JPK to Kelly?

• Plugger

July 31, 2017 at 10:09 am

Well, JPK must be considered a doubtful starter/contributor this coming week whereas Heeney should be on the park. That might settle the decision for you.

Even if they both play, I would have a physical question mark over JPK and would be more likely to trade him out, than to trade out Heeney who I think will physically give his best. You could bring either Sidebottom of Kelly in – both have a similarly high BE, similar last 3/5 round averages. Personally I would probably go JPK to Sidebottom this week, with the ability to switch Siddey next week into the FWDs and bring in the best available mid premo (possibly Kelly, but I don’t know your current mid line up).

All the best.

16. Greg

July 31, 2017 at 9:32 am

Who do I trade Blakely to: Hurley, Hibberd, Simpson, Ellis or Lloyd (noting that I got rid of Lloyd last week)? My other trade is Hanners to Beams.

Burger

July 31, 2017 at 11:23 am

I’m going with Hurley. I like his fixture & very good POD.

• The Spud

July 31, 2017 at 12:11 pm

Go either:
      Hibbo- in great for and has been a reliable option for years; or
      Ellis- bit more unique and hasn’t gone below 84 since round 9!

• Luke

July 31, 2017 at 4:05 pm

Bachar Houli

17. C-Bear

July 31, 2017 at 9:35 am

DEF: Doch, Adams, Simpson, Laird, Newman, Witho (Ryan, Glass)
    MID: Titch, Danger, Zorko, Dusty, Zerrett, Duncan, JPK, Rocky (GW, Partington)
    RUC: Kreuzer, Martin (Darcy, Cameron)
    FWD: Macrae, Buddy, Heeney, Sheed, Dahl, WHE (Young, Cunico)
    Bank: $173k

Wanted to go Darcy + GW > Sidey + cheap playing RUC
    But will have to wait on inury/suspension news.

18. Crazed Turkey

July 31, 2017 at 9:55 am

Is it better to go JKH or Brennan Cox to Allison?
    JKH BE = 20
    Cox = 37

19. Dobbie

July 31, 2017 at 10:27 am

Advice Needed Got the bye this week after a first round win.

Do i go

Perryman – Glass
    Young – Allison
    Bank 232k

or

Perryman – Glass
    Nank – Treloar via DPP
    Bank 17k.

Latter would leave me with Young and Glass as player to downgrade to generate cash.
    Greenwood would be next upgrade target.

• mthommo

July 31, 2017 at 11:18 am

option 2
      get in premo ASAP for finals
      you don’t want to lose inn a close one knowing you could have won

• D Day

July 31, 2017 at 2:38 pm

If you read his post properly then you would notice he says he has a bye this week.

Therefor its an easy and obvious option in option 1. Bank some cash to use next week when you are up against it.

The last thing you want to do is bring in a premo this week when you don’t need to, in case they get injured or whatever.

The only reason you wouldn’t go option 1 is if you were going for overall win (national), not league.

20. brayden

July 31, 2017 at 10:35 am

top 8 mids??

• Dobbie

July 31, 2017 at 11:08 am

Titch,Gibbs, Kelly, Zerrett, Dusty, Macrae, Heeney, Yeo

• D Day

July 31, 2017 at 2:40 pm

lolwut

• charlie

July 31, 2017 at 4:36 pm

Macrae, Heeney and Yeo are top FWDs not top Mids mate.

21. Trent

July 31, 2017 at 10:39 am

Who to trade this week, Hanners or Roo?

• The Spud

July 31, 2017 at 11:04 am

Roo, If JPK misses, hanners should have more time in the contest

22. Grovers Guns

July 31, 2017 at 11:06 am

After getting my team nearly right and ready to move places the last 3 weeks have killed me with premo swapping due to injury and MRP. From inside 1000 to just under 3000

Get Zorko back form bench but will only be swapping anger to bench (even inconsistent MRP and Jimmy can’t stop that from happening) and also Blakely.

This game shits me sometimes

• god

July 31, 2017 at 1:52 pm

I hate whingy bullshit comments with no substance, Jimmy Bartel won’t even be at the MRP sitting this week so find another shitty excuse.

• Grovers Guns

July 31, 2017 at 9:48 pm

Exactly as I said dickhead

Engrishh ya sekond langweg?

23. mthommo

July 31, 2017 at 11:16 am

DEF: Doch, Adams, lloyld, Laird, newnes, Witho (cox, hibberd)
    MID: Titch, Danger, gaff, trealor, Zerrett, glass, JPK, Rocky (walters, cousins)
    RUC: grundy , Martin (pierce, Cameron)
    FWD: Macrae, sidebottom, Heeney, gray, Dahl, bolton (beech, zuhaar)
    Bank: $30k
    (both options if JPK plays)
    toughts
    option 1
    walters to beams
    and (fielding witho and young) bank: 0
    hibberd to young

option 2
    wlaters to wells
    and (fielding witho and ryan) bank: 22k
    cox to ryan

• D Day

July 31, 2017 at 2:42 pm

option 1 easily however not a fan of $0

24. The Spud

July 31, 2017 at 12:02 pm

Thoughts on Maxy Gawn? Thinking this week I should go Darcy to him which only costs 85K, If I can avoid selection carnage of course!

• The Spud

July 31, 2017 at 12:05 pm

*83K

• Daniel

July 31, 2017 at 1:28 pm

The Dees have GWS in Sydney, but I think Maxy can overcome that and get them first use of the ball. Good trade

25. Liam009

July 31, 2017 at 12:30 pm

Pick 2 to trade out of:
    Newnes
    JPK
    Newman
    ??

• The Spud

July 31, 2017 at 1:21 pm

JPK and Newman. JPK will probs miss this week and Newman, who has done job as a rook is inconsistent and just because he had a good game last week doesn’t mean he will this week.

• Mike

July 31, 2017 at 3:49 pm

and Newnes isn’t inconsistent???

26. Daniel

July 31, 2017 at 1:25 pm

Docherty, Ellis, Burton, R.Henderson, Suckling, Witherden

T.Mitchell, Dangerfield, Merrett, D.Martin, Kelly, Treloar, Oliver, Heeney

Grundy, Witts

Sheed, Gunston, WHE, Sicily, Nankervis, Greenwood

Already done my first trade which was Heeney -> Beams
    Stumped on who to trade out and to bring in
    Was thinking Nankervis -> Higgins, anybody have any other good ideas?

27. Old Mate

July 31, 2017 at 1:33 pm

DEF : Doc, Adams, Simpson, Laird, Newnes, Witherden (Ryan, Nyhuis)
    MID : Mitchell, Danger, Merrett, Treloar, Gaff, Beams, Hanneberry, J Selwood (Mountford, Hibberd)
    RUC : Grundy, Darcy (Buzza, Cameron)
    FWD : Sidebottom, Macrae, Yeo, Menegola, Heeney, Dahl (Greenwood, Young)

Finished top of the table so i get a second chance. I’m tossing up whether to upgrade Darcy to a premo or upgrade Hanneberry to D Martin. Henneberry’s scores are killing me lately. Have 78k and going Greenwood to a 150k rook so money is not an issue

Any thoughts? If Darcy, which is the best ruck to get for the finals?

Cheers

28. M8

July 31, 2017 at 1:40 pm

My team:
    Def: Docherty, Adams, Laird, Lloyd, Newnes, Witherden (Ryan, Hibberd)
    Mid: Mitchell, Dangerfield, Merrett, Martin, Treloar, Rockliff, Hannebery, J.Selwood (Mountford, Glass)
    Ruck: Grundy, Darcy (Buzza, Cameron)
    Fwd: Sidebottom, Macrae, Heeney, Yeo, Boak, Dahlhaus (Young, Polson)

Cash: $29k

Thoughts on going Hannebery to Beams and Hibberd (via Glass) to Allison or Partington? Cheers

• Old Mate

July 31, 2017 at 2:10 pm

Similar team to mine above. Am thinking the same thing about getting rid of Hannebery. I got Beams last week and think that is a good trade for you. Its time to just get in a 150k rook on your bench though i think. As long as you have 1 cover in each line, the extra cash could come in handy next week.

29. Maz1no

July 31, 2017 at 1:47 pm

Assuming Ablett and Blakely both get up…

Def: Docherty, Adams, Laird, Blakely, Newnes, Witherden (Ryan, Willis)
    Mid: Titch, Zerrett, Danger, Zorko, Ablett, Dusty, Jelwood, Parker (Mountford, Hibberd)
    Ruck: Martin, Darcy (Buzza, Cameron)
    Fwd: Sidebottom, Macrae, Yeo, Heeney, Menegola, Gray (Young, JKH)

$82k in bank.

Thinking Parker > Beams, Martin > Grundy ?

• Daniel Kotronis

July 31, 2017 at 2:42 pm

Should wait til the medical report comes out for Blakely, but he most likely is done for the season. I would hold Martin, but Parker to Beams sounds good.

30. Daniel Kotronis

July 31, 2017 at 3:36 pm

• D Day

July 31, 2017 at 4:16 pm

who?

• Patrick Dangerfield

July 31, 2017 at 10:55 pm

Might appeal the ban.

31. Martin

July 31, 2017 at 6:21 pm

Good to see Lance Franklin walked again, considering the MRP must be sick of him, with him appearing/reviewing on nearly a fortnightly bases.

32. Wise Guy

July 31, 2017 at 7:24 pm

My defenders are Doch, Adams ,laird, Witherden, Blakely and Newnes (ryan and cox).
    I am assuming Blakely is done for this season so who do you consider the next best consistent defender to replace for Blakely. I am leaning towards Houli

• Daniel Kotronis

July 31, 2017 at 8:04 pm

Hibberd has been in some good form. If after a unique, Simpson is the one to go for

33. Patrick Dangerfield

July 31, 2017 at 10:47 pm

Got a 1 week ban should I appeal?

• D Day

August 1, 2017 at 10:14 am

You probably should. Cant let another Richmond player win the brownlow.

34. Daniel Kotronis

August 1, 2017 at 9:45 am

Do we hope hold Dangerfield or get rid of him. I’m thinking of trading to Sidey in the forward line and get him a few weeks later as his price goes down as he has a high break even. Any thoughts?

35. mitch

August 1, 2017 at 12:22 pm

Def: adams,duch, laird, ellis, lloyd, ryan (hibberd, nielson)
    Mid: mitchell, dengerfield, merrett, martin, ebert, perker, beams, sloane (murtimer, cousins)
    rucks: martin, darcy
    fwd: yeo, heeney, macrae, dahlhaus, roughead, h.greenwood(karpany, stengle)

127k in the bank, what should i do???

• Daniel Kotronis

August 1, 2017 at 1:10 pm

Might be better off trading Dangerfield and buying him a few weeks later after his price has gone down and get Sidebottom for your forward line

36. Stevo

Stevo

August 1, 2017 at 3:05 pm

Who to get rid of first, Nank or Hanners?

• Daniel Kotronis

August 1, 2017 at 3:09 pm

Both should go, Nank goes first if he has to share his ruck duties. Maybe hold Hanners because he unfortunately handballs more than kick.

37. FARK Academy

August 2, 2017 at 10:54 pm

513k to spend on a MID, please help!

Shuey, Heppell or Sloane

38. Fooz

Fooz

August 3, 2017 at 4:40 pm

Not really sure what to do.
    DEF: Doc, Laird, Witherden, Newman, Newnes, ZJones (Glass, Hibberd*)
    MID: Titch, Danger*, Zerrett, Dusty, Treloar, Gaff, Kennedy*, Jelwood (Partington, Greenwood)
    RUCK: Grundy, Witts*? (Hodor*?, Cameron*)
    FWD: Yeo, Macrae, Heeney, Dahlhaus, Boak, Nankervis (Butler, Cox).
    $61K spare.

I’m going to keep Danger. Monitoring Witts and Darcy (Hodor) if they’ll play. If not, Nank goes to R2 as cover.
    I’ve totally gone off the boil in the last two weeks. Dropped from 1500 to 2600. No longer aiming for a hat. :(

Option 1 – Kennedy + Butler > Sidebottom + Allison + $132K for next week
    Option 2 – Kennedy + Boak > Sidebottom + Jack Martin + $3K
    Option 3 – Kennedy + Hodor > Nank to R3, + muppet that plays on ground Sidebottom + Isaac Smith + $46K

thoughts

Fooz

August 3, 2017 at 4:41 pm

Crap – #3 was Kennedy + Hodor > Sidebum + muppet
      #4 Kennedy + Boak > Sidebum + I Smith.

• Daniel

August 3, 2017 at 9:57 pm

Fooz can you help me I rate your opinion

39. Daniel

August 3, 2017 at 6:39 pm

Def

Docherty Blakely Adams Laird hibberd newnes (Guthrie Glass)
    Mid

Merrett Dangerfield, tom Mitchell, Rocky JPK Murphy Gaff Mountford (Miles deluca )
    Rucks

Grundy Gawn ( Cameron Simpson )
    Forward

Yeo Macrae Dahlhaus Heeney boak young (zurharr Pickett )

I have currently 9k in the bank what 2 trades shall I do?
    I finished top of my league so I should hold Danger?