Lockout Chat

Round 17 Lockout Chat

This week is the biggest trade week of the year… the round we all dump Gary Ablett. Who are you trading him to and what are you doing with your other trade? Discuss it all in the comments and chat about the round as it unfolds all weekend.

watchnow

NEW! DATA VIEW BY DTLIVE.COM.AU

dataviewIt’s only a week old and it’s been very well recieved, but it has already been improved!

• ability to search by player age
  • ability to search by player position (key forward, key back, midfielder forward etc)
  • ability to search by location
  • ability to search by opposition
  • added quick link to select last 3 or last 5 rounds
  • added points per minute (PPM)

Some interesting samples for this week:

• In the last 3 weeks the¬†Dogs have given up 17 tons (almost 6 per game)… this could be great news for Prestia, O’Meara and Swallow owners.¬†for DT LIVE stats, click here

lockoutDiscuss the round as it progresses in the comments. Post your scores at the completion of games but be sure to indicate how many players have played, including your captain. Follow the live scores all weekend via¬†Chad’s DT Live website.

luxbetpuntAFL Fantasy Punt is back!

Very much like Match Day, but with prizes based on a competition pool – ie. betting like on lotto. – you can pick a side, enter it with a $10 entry fee and if you’re in the top few, you take home cash prizes… and for the high rollers, get involved in¬†the $50 and¬†NEW¬†$100 entry game! The round game locks out before the first game of the round, but for the single match day games it just needs to before they start. This week we have¬†Crows v Hawks¬†(FRIDAY FREE ENTRY!),¬†Dees v Cats,¬†Dons v Pies. Sign up to a¬†Luxbet account by clicking here¬†and then head over to the¬†AFL Fantasy Punt website¬†to log in and pick your sides.¬†18+ and gamble responsibly.

COMMENT AVATARS: Unfortunately these have disappeared over the last few weeks (some are still there if they are from Gravatar). Head to your profile page and upload your own pic to add a bit of character to the site.

buckets

July 12, 2014 at 9:30 pm

boy am I glad I brought in brown over B. Johnson which also allowed me to field S. martin over tex…

Peter

July 12, 2014 at 10:23 pm

1637 with 7 left. Cotchin , Martin, Barlow, Pendles, beams, zaharakis and Cloke.

Crisis

July 12, 2014 at 10:37 pm

big score! does that mean you went SJ as captain? glad i brought him in this week, will be a big influx of SJ owners next week

Peter

July 12, 2014 at 10:24 pm

See “the burn man” priddis arrived.

Peter

July 12, 2014 at 10:28 pm

I did warn you all about priddis. Missed his BE by 26. So now you have the burn man bleeding cash. Enjoy

cookiemon72

July 13, 2014 at 12:16 pm

You also told someone to trade Macrae out

Andrew

July 13, 2014 at 8:19 pm

Just as well I had other fish to fry last week and couldn’t get him in then.

But seeing as Barlow didn’t do much better and I have plenty of cash, I’m still bringing in Priddis to complete my mids this week if no other major dramas pop up.

Both are guns and both had quiet weeks this week – I still don’t agree with your “burn man” tag.

5. John Freed

John Freed

July 12, 2014 at 10:31 pm

1562 with Pendles (C), Barlow, Beams, Sandi, Dusty, Gray to come. Should be good for 2200+

Crisis

July 12, 2014 at 10:35 pm

nice, i’m on 1577 with exactly the same players and (c) to come

Damien Wellington

July 12, 2014 at 10:55 pm

1602 with Pendles (C), Beams, Barlow, Cotchin, Martin and sandi to go!! Fingers Crossed a 2300 score

Jordan

July 12, 2014 at 10:58 pm

What is par looking like? I’m 1728/17 so hoping to go 2300+ comfortably

stoo

July 12, 2014 at 11:03 pm

1703 with Pendles, Swan, Beams, Barlow, Miles, Sandi and Martin to come.

It’s gonna be a high scoring round.

Jacob

July 12, 2014 at 11:08 pm

This is my luck
    Picked up Jack – gets 61
    Picked up Hanley – Gets 67

Hopefully hanley can bounce back aswell as jack

Peter

July 12, 2014 at 11:31 pm

Yer crisis I had this last minute gut feeling Stevie J would fire. I changed from Barlow to Stevie J and hit save just as the ball about to be bounced last night. Time will tell if wise decision. Yer I’m happy with 1638 (confirmed). With 7 to go. Considering I’ve got rocky on the pine and the Trading out GAJ and Goddard for zaha (I’ll bring BJ back in next week). Hope everyone else has dodged the carnage as best as they could. I’m riding my luck ATM (enter aiden Riley 76). Hope no late withdrawals for all of us tomoz. Been enough carnage for 1 round. Although won’t affect me i do hear that Sandi will be rested at some stage. So for all you that have him , I’d hope it ain’t tomoz

Crisis

July 13, 2014 at 1:07 am

I had the C on SJ and changed last minute to pendles! Typical…
      Oh well. Rocky benching was the worst, meant I had to play C Beams for 31!

Andrew

July 13, 2014 at 8:23 pm

I feel your pain buddy…I benched Goddard and Rocky and fielded Shenton and Honeychurch and dropped 200ish places down to 344th this week as a result.

Lesson learned, and I will not be doing that again!

Peter

July 13, 2014 at 1:37 am

Pendles good choice mate. I expect 110+ tomoz. Big game , top 8 on the line. so I’d expect him to stand up. Yer rocky been a frustrating one. But Aiden Riley caught me off guard with 76 and named in melbournes best. From spud rookie choice / fringe player to walk up start, cash cow in 1 game. My league opponent didn’t have rocky and only GAJ as carnage. And I’m still holding him at bay (for the moment). I’d look at beams to Riley downgrade tomoz night. He’s a walkup into the dees team now.

Peter

July 13, 2014 at 1:41 am

Also I was feeling bad about giving advice to this forum about fielding kersten in front of honey church when he was on 22 half way thru 3rd qtr. But a big finish by him coupled by my gut feeling honey church was going to sub made me feel better. Phew lol.

andyjh

July 13, 2014 at 2:23 am

On 1817 with 7 to play. Pendlebury Cotchin Beams Swan Heppell Sandi Dusty! Hopefully 2500+

iamcarlton

July 13, 2014 at 9:40 am

on 1602 with pendles,beams,gray,barlow,fyfe,martin and sandi

Riley Thorne

July 13, 2014 at 10:04 am

MAAACCCRAE

Cameron

July 13, 2014 at 10:21 am

1270/13 with Miles, B.Ellis, D.Martin, Ebert, Pendlebury (C), Beams, Barlow, Mumford and Sandilands to come.

Grover1974

July 13, 2014 at 10:27 am

Would be interesting to see par for this round.

Got 1610 with Penles, Barlow, Beam, Swan, Sandi, Martin and Gray to come so should be 2250+. Some people will go realy big this week.

Due to the carnage last week I had to field Kersten (63) and Lloyd (62) plus Hanley, Swallow and just traded in Bartel (who I was tossig up with Jack – FMDT) deciding to play like rookies.

Anyway, a good score this week will be 2350+ and par around 2300.

The Wookiee

July 13, 2014 at 10:41 am

Where the hell did the Shenton sub come from??? St kilda have at least 10 players that wouldn’t get a game for the box hill hawks!

rusty96

July 13, 2014 at 2:41 pm

haha i reckon, i think just managing workload

Thomas

July 13, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Anyone still living in the past and think Swan is DT relevant?

Jordan

July 13, 2014 at 4:36 pm

Yep :(

Jacob

July 13, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Of course the week i pick up ellis he breaks his steak of 100s

buckets

July 13, 2014 at 4:01 pm

I’m not watching – is there a reason Langdon is on 0 in the second qtr?

Crisis

July 13, 2014 at 5:17 pm

i think the answer is ‘we held onto him for about 6 weeks too long’!

he’s the first to go for me next week, enough is enough and suckling survives…might even be a permanent D7

buckets

July 13, 2014 at 5:53 pm

He’s my d7 but covering hibbo this week.

22. gambler

gambler

July 13, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Anthony Miles is the mother of all M9’s. Tagged by Cornes the man who held Libba to like 25 points in 3 qtrs. Miles still almost cracks the tonne. Him @ 280k and S Martin at rookie price are by far the trades of the year.

buckets

July 13, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Pretty good m8 for me atm!

Jacob

July 13, 2014 at 4:31 pm

LIFT SWANNY!

buckets

July 13, 2014 at 5:54 pm

Swan -> rocky this week

Jacob

July 13, 2014 at 6:22 pm

I have to get rid of Jaensch. Who do you think should go first jaensch,suckling or swan

buckets

July 13, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Yeah jaensch first. I’m dumping suckling and swan. Although Sandi is making a run at my shit list

Peter

July 13, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Glad I offloaded Sandi 2 wks ago. Really spudding it ATM

Crisis

July 13, 2014 at 7:14 pm

seems like you’ve had a decent run lately with your team? I’ve got a few problems to fix which takes time + I’ve got my (c) wrong the past 4 weeks. Typical Pendles gets his worst score of the year this week

Crisis

July 13, 2014 at 7:01 pm

so many rage trades once again! my ranking is over 300 overall now and plummeting!

Sandi adding to the carnage but might have to wait an extra week as Langdon and Tyson are first priorities to get the chop