Lockout Chat

Round 13 Lockout Chat

Round 13 starts on the 13th. Spooky? I don’t know… but let’s hope it doesn’t mean we’ll have some more bad luck this round, last weekend was bad enough. Discuss your round as it unfolds and be sure to follow live scores on DT Live.

lockoutDiscuss the round as it progresses in the comments. Post your scores at the completion of games but be sure to indicate how many players have played, including your captain. Follow the live scores all weekend via Chad’s DT Live website.

luxbetpuntAFL Fantasy Punt is back!

Very much like Match Day, but with prizes based on a competition pool – ie. betting like on lotto. – you can pick a side, enter it with a $10 entry fee and if you’re in the top few, you take home cash prizes… and for the high rollers, get involved inĀ the $50 entry game!

The round game locks out before the first game of the round, but for the single match day games it just needs to before they start. This week we haveĀ Hawks v BluesĀ (FRIDAY FREE ENTRY!),Ā Swans v Power,Ā Dons v Dees.

Sign up to aĀ Luxbet account by clicking hereĀ and then head over to theĀ AFL Fantasy Punt websiteĀ to log in and pick your sides.

18+ and gamble responsibly.

COMMENT AVATARS: Unfortunately these have disappeared over the last few weeks (some are still there if they are from Gravatar).Ā Head to your profile pageĀ and upload your own pic to add a bit of character to the site.

Albert Lloyd

June 14, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Well looks like what I did to Montags I’ve now done to Rocky.

Soz guys.

Albert Lloyd

June 14, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Which I had the bollocks to bring Greenwood in this week.

He is a manimal

ETC

June 14, 2014 at 9:39 pm

Rocky in this week & debut captain… D’oh!

Matt

June 14, 2014 at 9:40 pm

No matter how much I agree with his logic, no matter if I had selected the player as captain in advance, I’m never taking the same captain as Calvin suggests again, the man is a curse to perfectly sound and reasonable selections.

leetrevor81

June 14, 2014 at 9:41 pm

Picking the guy that averages more than anyone else in the comp is pretty sound logic! :)

Matt

June 14, 2014 at 9:46 pm

Oh, logically all his last 4 picks have been sound, and I had them all locked in in advance, but nope, he’s a curse. In a non crazy world he’d be right all the time, his drive to work is pathed with mirrors.

buckets

June 14, 2014 at 9:45 pm

Barlow and Ablett have been perfectly good options in his top 5. Wish everyone would stop blaming Calvin. No one is forcing you to listen to him

Matt

June 14, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Not blaming him since he’s making the right pick every time, I’m just saying he’s cursed with some kind of black magic.

Tim

June 15, 2014 at 11:13 am

Rocky was ok last week. Problem is I didn’t have Rocky last week and Calvin’s no. 2 (MY first option) was Beams. So a 2 round captain average of 75.5 for me.

Damien Wellington

June 14, 2014 at 9:43 pm

So par this week 750-800 tops??

Peter Thomas

June 14, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Sick of bloody Dangerfield, hasn’t posted one good score since I got the prick. Wish I got Robbie Gray instead, but I thought Dangerfield would be a safe ‘good’ pick. Yeah right, awesome

leetrevor81

June 14, 2014 at 10:14 pm

To me I expect any player to have form slumps and get bad scores. Ablett, Swan, Stevie J, have all had slumps this year. Dangerfield is still going to get 70+ If your premos can have a bad week and still get 70 odd, to me thats fine, because he will balance it out with the odd big 100 and still finish with a good average for a forward of 90+

Lachlan

June 14, 2014 at 10:06 pm

Accidentally left Stefan Martin on my bench and fielded Ambrose. Shit.

Crisis

June 14, 2014 at 10:42 pm

going to be some big price jumps next week. Stef Martin, Hanley, McGovern. Damn those 2 limit trades!

I haven’t said this the whole season but….f*cking Rockliff, what happened??!!??

absolute killer C choice

mfawcett

June 15, 2014 at 11:16 am

Hanley has been a staple in my team for the past 3 seasons. He has his bad games and had a few injuries over the years but he’s a pretty solid defender:)

James

June 15, 2014 at 2:09 pm

still scored more than Stevie J

Peter

June 14, 2014 at 11:42 pm

Guys what a shit round….again. Just 5 tons from 14. My welded captain ablett hss come to the rescue again. Im 1359 with 8 to play. I’ll add my 2 cents. Ablett is a set and forget captain. Stop chasing points. Studs so far are Ablett, martin, cotchin, redden and Jacobs.

Cameron

June 15, 2014 at 9:41 am

1535/15 with Kelly, Riewoldt, Beams, Pendlebury, Langdon, Hibberd and Tyson to come.

The Wookiee

June 15, 2014 at 10:24 am

What was I thinking Captaining Rocky?
    124 highest average in the league.
    134 3 round average.
    Only once under 96
    and last 3 average at the Gabba of 147.
    I think I’ll play it safe next week!

Ninja_Turtles

June 16, 2014 at 10:47 am

Arggh kicking myself too with Rocky as those stats were convincing. Should have known that GWS have a knack of limiting DT point from their opponents. ESS #1 DT team had only one player 100+ and then also Hawks with 1 100+ week before that… hmmmm.. don’t put C on Simpson or Murphy this week ;)

mfawcett

June 15, 2014 at 11:14 am

traded out Watson and Langford for Barlow and Heath Shaw, very happy:) Was going to go Rockliff but thank god for that:) Captain choice of GAJ wasn’t too bad either.

tom

June 15, 2014 at 11:52 am

stevie J out !!! FMDT!

yogi-berry

June 15, 2014 at 12:22 pm

WOW stevie j a late out is going to hurt some people

Lachlan

June 15, 2014 at 12:29 pm

So glad Stevie J is a late out. Was gonna get him next week with his low price but this gives me another week to get some of the cheap rookies like McGovern and Miles.

Pricey

June 15, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Stevie J has just cost me my money league game as I got the spud 46 of O’brien!!! Now its Selwood needing a big 150 to win :(

Damien Wellington

June 15, 2014 at 1:21 pm

FMDT Stevie J out and no bench cover because i had to cover Gunston’s late out :( Looks like my top 600 spot is long gone!!!

Daniel23

June 15, 2014 at 1:27 pm

Stevie J my captain late withdrawal. What happens there can anyone tell me?

fikaman123

June 15, 2014 at 1:30 pm

Your vice-captain will get double points as he becomes your ‘new’ captain.

Hopefully you had the VC on someone reliable.

Daniel23

June 15, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Oh ok Gary Ablett was my vice.

James

June 15, 2014 at 1:43 pm

So Calvin’s top two captains scored 75 combined this week,

james

June 15, 2014 at 1:59 pm

Frustrated Stevie J didn’t play cos he was going to go down another $20,000~ and be ripe as a cherry BUT ecstatic cos it means Jimmer Bartel runs through the middle more and will rack up a 120+

Pricey

June 15, 2014 at 2:00 pm

OMG BEAMS and JOHNSON !!!! This day is the worst in dt history :0 wonder if anyone had johnson captain and beams vice !

Crisis

June 15, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Wow has there ever been such carnage in a round especially to premos

Luckily for me I didn’t have SJ but beams out I’ll have to settle for beams jnr ;(

Lachlan_

June 15, 2014 at 2:20 pm

dayne beams out, this week is worst than last week!

Daniel23

June 15, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Your kidding Beams is out?
    When do they update points from your vice to captain ?

Peter Thomas

June 15, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Well, Dangerfield and J. Selwood know how to be pricks

26. Brendan

Brendan

June 15, 2014 at 3:13 pm

despite my team doing terribly I’m very happy with my ins of martin for Derickx and Bartel for Jobe this week

tom

June 15, 2014 at 3:28 pm

how my DT week has gone from great to …….. disastrous then to still bad but coulee been worse !

trade out billings for mc govern – cash cow and money in the bank – score a 90 +
    bring in Stevie J for jobe watson great trade midfield looking pretty solid maybe a couple tweaks and starting team will be set

Nek minute lockout =

Realise i didn’t save my last change on the phone app and beams is still captain NOT SJ :(……. and shenton is on the field not mc govern !

but not only can you have the above but call now and get this next deal for free !

BEAMS…… late out !so now i get J lloyds and Zac obriens 46 GRRRRRRRR but barlow was Vice Captain

god what a roller coaster this week has been !

Peter

June 15, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Hope aiden Riley goes solid today. I chose him over O Brien as emergency as thought he had only small vest chance. Cover for beams. Geez Stevie J owners would be fuming. Suspension, Spud scores and now a late out.

Peter

June 15, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Bartel and Kelly have saved my bacon. Thanks for nothing Nroo and selwood

Goat

June 15, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Yep @pricey, I’m right here. Brought in Stevie J, put the C on him and had Beams as my VC. I mean seriously, I think I have a legitimate reason to believe the DT gods are against me. I’m gonna go and cry somewhere now… I’ve never said it before, so this feels like an appropriate time so… FMDT!!!

Pricey

June 15, 2014 at 4:38 pm

Ouch that sucks, yeah the dt gods are against you!! It’s times like these you just want to delete your team and remove your anger and stress!!

Peter

June 15, 2014 at 4:22 pm

Vintage Cloke today. Go you good thing. Keep it up

Peter

June 15, 2014 at 4:32 pm

Times like these your struggling team needs a hero……Trav Cloke 57 DT points in 2nd qtr……Jet

Peter Thomas

June 15, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Wow Higgins is a prick (16 at the half). Planned on getting rid of him 2 weeks ago, but of course shit happened and I’m paying for it

Fat Knife

June 15, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Beams and Johnson in my team. Kolo, Ibbo and Higgins in defence and I switched Ellis into my defence emergency leaving Salem and Hallahan as my mid emergencies. FML.

leetrevor81

June 15, 2014 at 6:02 pm

Any word on if Stevie J or Beams will miss more than this weekends games?

Crisis

June 15, 2014 at 6:16 pm

not sure what happened to beams? but scott said SJ will be fine next week.

i’ll have to wait further to bring him in since he still has that massive BE

Crisis

June 15, 2014 at 6:15 pm

ok with all this carnage from the round what’s a decent score???

I’m approaching 2000 with Hibberd and Tyson in play but have lost about 40 places.

Peter

June 15, 2014 at 6:19 pm

Save me Goddard. Bloody riley as cover

Peter

June 15, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Mate I’d say 2000-2100. Beams, Stevie J outs with few sub par premo scores. I’m approaching 2100 with Goddard left

leetrevor81

June 15, 2014 at 6:31 pm

I’ll be lucky to make 1850 :( I have Beams, just got in SJ this week

Had Rocky as captain plus Cornes 53, Parker 73, Dericx 50 (kept McEvoy and fielded Dericx) Lecras 53, Dangerfield 73, Zorko 71