DT TALK

Gary Ablett Out for Rd 20

News came this arvo that Gold Coast midfielder Gary Ablett would miss this week with a hamstring injury. In the last roster match of the season and with over 100,000 teams with the little master, is it a silly idea to trade him? Hmm…

Gary Ablett will miss this week with a hamstring injury, meaning he isn’t there for our last roster game and he won’t be making the trip back home to Kardinia Park.

Here are the facts:

• hamstring was injured a fortnight ago against Collingwood and he didn’t pull up to well.
  • Gazza said that he “should be right” for the last 4 games.

I think we all picked him this year knowing he may miss a game or two in the run home… but when it is getting to crunch time, it makes things very interesting. This round we will be missing Matthew Boyd (in over 85,000 teams) thanks to his bye and there is probably some more carnage to come as well. Luke Hodge is no certainty to return and Sam Mitchell is listed as a test after going over on his ankle last weekend.

Is it worth a trade? If you’re fighting to make the 8, then yes! Get rid of him! He’s worth $393,400 and you can ‘almost’ straight swap him with Tom Rockliff, Dale Thomas or Matt Priddis who should all be solid over the last 5 games.

We’re interested to see what people are going to do with Gazza!

teza

August 3, 2011 at 4:58 pm

SPEWIN ! will use the gu as cover. FMDT

Birdy

August 3, 2011 at 4:58 pm

trading boyd instead because i can’t afford selwood from the gaz trade

Chuck Norris

August 3, 2011 at 5:24 pm

You must be desparate for a win this week because Boyd’s in great touch at the moment!

Birdy

August 3, 2011 at 5:34 pm

not at all, on top of the ladder, trying to make up 200 or so points this week to win the state schools comp. got second wrapped up though

The Man

August 3, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Selwood has a bye to come. Dumb Option. U r not as awesome as u think u r!!!

townsend50

August 4, 2011 at 12:16 am

not a dumb if you are a)confident of winning the 1st final and getting the bye and

b) going for an overall win

geebang

August 3, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Hes too cheap to trade out. worth much more than his price suggests. ill be keeping him even though im playing off for 8th spot this week. also cross is out for me. wont help much either

Mateyman

August 3, 2011 at 5:16 pm

What do you reckon Mitchells likelihood of playing is?

Chuck Norris

August 3, 2011 at 5:25 pm

I would rate him a 75% chance…
      Although I’m no expert, he did keep playing on after his injury albeit a few minutes which is usually a good sign :)

August 3, 2011 at 5:17 pm

GREAT NEWS!!!! It was only 4 weeks ago that he got 175 and I had all these DT Wannabes telling me that I was an idiot for not having him. Well,,… you all know who you are, eat ya own words and suffer!!!

feathertopDT

August 3, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Blue boys

August 3, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Manzzoid,
      Who do you have champ…………Hodge, Daisy, Higgins, Rioli???
      Welcome to the world of DT you goose……..most player miss games during the year, its all about your cover!!!

August 3, 2011 at 5:41 pm

Look me up dude, Im 695th … zOiDz InViNcI-BaLz ……….best team in the world!!! 4 trades left.

Blue boys

August 3, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Apart from the other 694 above you………

Chuck Norris

August 3, 2011 at 5:45 pm

HAHAHAHA you just owned him
            …yeah I hate cocky pricks like this guy.
            Injuries are all about luck and they would’ve happended to his players as well,,,

August 3, 2011 at 5:50 pm

I ride the bumps mate, and I get over it. I did my research at the start of the season, had a good team from the start and didn’t go poaching players that had spirts of 175 Gary Luck. Lets hope he’s out for a month!. Whats your team name and ranking Chuck? & did you do your pre season research?

August 3, 2011 at 5:54 pm

& whats your ranking Blue Boys?

Avan

August 4, 2011 at 4:35 pm

I’m ranked above you and my team is far better.

JungleMuffin

August 3, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Your team might be good Manzzoid, but it’s got a shit name.

SHAMM3R

August 5, 2011 at 8:57 am

Hahahahahahahahaha

August 3, 2011 at 5:45 pm

GARY ABLETT BANDWAGONNERS… THEY ALL COME OUT OF THE WOODWORK LIKE RICHMOND SUPPORTERS WHEN HE GETS A 175, BUT WHEN HE GETS A 23 OR DOESN’T PLAY, THEY GO BACK INTO THAT CLOSET LOCK THE DOOR FROM THE INSIDE AND SLIDE THE KEY OUT UNDERNEATH, NEVER TO BE SEEN OF OR HEARD FROM EVER AGAIN!

Chuck Norris

August 3, 2011 at 5:51 pm

I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE WRITE A WHOLE PARAGRAPH IN CAPS LOCK!!! AND ALSO, WHAT’S THE POINT OF LOCKING THE DOOR IF THEY SLIDE THE KEY OUT OF THE CLOSET???

August 3, 2011 at 5:55 pm

they cant get out nob, a bit like you.

Mumbles

August 3, 2011 at 8:51 pm

With a name like ManZzZoid, seems like you managed to come out of the closet without a key.

Hook

August 3, 2011 at 5:58 pm

You might be ranked 695th (which aint that good) but you probably would be ranked alot higher if you had been playing gaz for the last few months. You’re only gloating due to relief, I bet every time you play someone with gaz and you dont have him you’re shitting your pants

August 3, 2011 at 6:05 pm

Not this week! :)………. WALKOVER In all my 5 leagues!

Hook

August 3, 2011 at 6:11 pm

must be shit leagues then, in most of my leagues there are no easy games

August 3, 2011 at 6:19 pm

I’m In one of Warnies Leagues. and in all I’m ranked top in ranked points

Blue boys

August 3, 2011 at 6:31 pm

You must be in some real tough leagues!!!!
            How much research did you put into the Jono Brown trade……..obviously not enough!!!

Guessing by your team name “zOiDz InViNcI-BaLz”, that you are only young though……..cause most blokes who’s balls have dropped wouldn’t have bothered to put it this way!!!

Enjoy the remainder of the year though……..especially with all those premiums in your side still to have their byes!!! :-)

whale

August 3, 2011 at 6:03 pm

what was your exact reason for not having gary in the first place?
        He’s only going to miss 1 week and considering we got him dirt cheap and hes pumped out some huge scores (with more to come) i really cant see how you are praising yourself for such a ‘genius’ move.

whale

August 3, 2011 at 6:04 pm

By in the first place i mean what was your reasoning of not grabbing him when he was dirt cheap after his two byes were complete

August 3, 2011 at 6:17 pm

I had 7 PRIMO MIDS already … didn’t need him. There has been only 3 weeks where he has performed and 3 weeks that u could have bought him… since that 175 he’s been crap. when he reached his peak you should have used a double trade and upgraded a gu and got 2 good players!

Hook

August 3, 2011 at 6:24 pm

That just proves you dont know shit. Since his price bottomed out in rnd 8 he has avg 128 not inc the 23 or 117 even if you did include it. I bet that is better than most of your 7 premo mids

August 3, 2011 at 6:30 pm

Hook, when you work out averages,… include the 23’s and the DNP’s, whats Garys average then???…they all count… otherwise ill just say ohhh Stevie J oh, his average is 171 !!!

mtooler

August 3, 2011 at 7:14 pm

I disagree with your ‘richmond’ typo, its essendon you’re looking for their champ. ;)

The Pack

August 3, 2011 at 6:13 pm

If u did your research you dick why are you number 1 once again DICK

August 3, 2011 at 6:25 pm

When you’re all as higher ranked as me, then you can gloat,… the form is on the board. The wins are in the bag, just call me the Jason Akermanis of DT. I know I’m not liked but that makes a real champion. Someone that can lift when it all matters. Someone that doesn’t make stupid decisions when the pressure mounts. I’ve got my throne and I sit in it all day long looking at my peasants below me in 2nd right down to 16th. I’ve got toejam in those toes, get down for a lick boy!!! :D

Hook

August 3, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Get over it mate, I’m ranked 237 and see that guy Benny who commented further down the page, he is ranked 7th, now he could gloat and I would say its justified but nearly 700th aint nothing to brag about dude

August 3, 2011 at 6:31 pm

Heads Up dude? whatever your challenge I’ll win…U a poker player?

Hook

August 3, 2011 at 6:37 pm

lol yeah right mate, I’m allready beating you in DT so there goes that theory. I’m ok at poker (not good enough to brag about) but I prefer the more active sports bball, footy, cricket, running ect

fresh prince

August 3, 2011 at 7:12 pm

hook if i were you i would left hook his primary school arse then fake a cheeky right hook then give him another left hook to finish this kid off

Kuruki

August 3, 2011 at 7:14 pm

So what’s Boyd scoring for you this week then champ??

August 3, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Fyfeys in my MIDS, everythings covered. Kuruki & Fresh Prince,… another 2 wannabe DT pretenders, theres one born every second LOL!

Chuck Norris

August 3, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Just to keep it relevant, I will be keeping Gaz as I am sitting pretty on the top of the ladder…

However, I would love people’s opinion on who I should trade in for forward line:

FYFE: the most expensive option, most consistent, not a very high ceiling (bar a 137), tough run home
    GOODES: a bit cheaper, inconsistent, high ceiling, always has a strong finish
    N ROO: cheap, inconsistent, high ceiling, ok run home

Also, does anyone have any news about MISSY HIGGINS?
    Obviously he’s out with the bye this week but how serious was the injury that kept him out last weekend?

Birdy

August 3, 2011 at 5:33 pm

ROO, back in from, fingers crossed

Chuck Norris

August 3, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Yeah Riewoldt is definitely at a great price, cheap enough to straight swap for Higgins although I just can’t trust the man this year…and Fyfe is very consistent

mtooler

August 3, 2011 at 7:21 pm

I reckon you’ve talked yourself into Goodes for good reason.

I traded out Higgins last week for Le Cras and saw the WC game, really poor service to him a few kicks flying over his head. My gut feel is at best Higgins will play some of the remaining games, fewer once their finals chances are gone. I think all the planets are aligning for Higgins to miss the rest of the year.

Dogs54

August 3, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Wondering what to do with higgens i can get Stevie J or LeCras who should i get

August 3, 2011 at 5:39 pm

id gete Le Crap, hees been in grate form. Higgens probly wont play agean this yere. Stivey Jay can pomp out a big scor but hee can allso giet a sicksty.

Albert Lloyd

August 3, 2011 at 5:49 pm

i c what you did thar

The Pack

August 3, 2011 at 6:15 pm

been spelling or speaking long !!!!

Albert Lloyd

August 3, 2011 at 6:31 pm

yer

Kuruki

August 3, 2011 at 7:15 pm

It’s a bit hard with a dick in his mouth.

mtooler

August 3, 2011 at 7:23 pm

He can multi-task.

swans2011

August 3, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Have one donut now (unless Bewick makes a surprise return). Hodge better be back this round or else I’ll almost certainly lose my league match

Benny

August 3, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Mitchell not in doubt:

Thank god, otherwise I would’ve been eating a donut.

Chuck Norris

August 3, 2011 at 5:48 pm

YES!!! Best news I’ve heard in a while as I already have Gablett and Boyd sitting on the pine as well as Higgins who may be out for the rest of the year…

Magpie28

August 3, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Yeah, sick of playing Prestia, Mzungu and C. Rich! My kingdom for a clear round with all premos available. How many more byes does Port have? ;)

Ingoes

August 3, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Oh right, NOW I get it. The reason why everyone was so set on having plenty of trades up their sleeves late in the piece is so they can do fucking retarded sideways trades to get rid of the most elite of elite players because they are getting the week off everyone’s been predicting they’d have all year. Why didn’t I think of that?

How awesome would it be if you traded selwood for ablett when he got suspended, now you can switch them back again. Fucking brilliant trading strategy, that.

Benny

August 3, 2011 at 5:45 pm

whale

August 3, 2011 at 5:59 pm

bar the part where selwood has a buy in a couple of weeks…

terrytc

August 3, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Nice Ingoes, I like your sensible comment there. Had to be said.

Ingoes

August 3, 2011 at 5:57 pm

This makes my planned final trade of Lower>Gram an even better idea. Gram will cover Gary this week, enright for the cats bye and Gibbs for the prelim. At 3 out of a possible 5 games he’ll make a more consistent contribution than effing Shaun effing higgins who seems to have missed about half the games since I traded him in

Albert Lloyd

August 3, 2011 at 6:31 pm

You traded in Missy?

oh lol

Ingoes

August 3, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Indeed. I got a 91 from him, then a twenty something and then a pile of donut-littered crap. Now a dead body DPP which is at least still handy

CrimsonRaven

August 3, 2011 at 6:12 pm

If Hodge and Mitchell both miss I’m screwed.

That will make 3 gone from my mids.

Albert Lloyd

August 3, 2011 at 6:32 pm

MillsysChos

August 3, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Higgins needs to have Vertebrae fused at season end. Dont be surprised if they wrap him in cotton wool for the rest of the year. Been carrying injury since first listed as out with general soreness/ groin earlier on in the year.

RiseUp

August 3, 2011 at 6:46 pm

I’ve tried to create a deep bench to cover for things like this.

Boyd bye – Bartel in

Dont have Ablett, at times i’ve kicked myself, but now I feel lucky to have passed.

No point in trading him. 1 Week is hardly worth it, and you could trade for someone who could get injured, so you could be further up the creek.

Relax and deal with it peeps

JungleMuffin

August 3, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Anyone else having problems with the site? For the past week I’ve been getting the “login to reply” button on repeat, even after I log in, and I’ve also not been able to see any of the new articles since Sunday, until they all suddenly appeared together just not?

Either it’s my PC or the site that’s lost the plot, and I haven’t changed any of my PC settings? WTF?

I don’t want to get into the old “Told you so” thing, but really, surely the GAJ owners aren’t surprised?

Warnie

August 3, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Have no idea what happened there… I turned off a spam filter thing (fingers crossed that has worked). It has worked fine for me in Firefox, but not in Explorer. Who uses IE anyway?!

Ap0c

August 3, 2011 at 7:27 pm

I noticed recently that on one my pc’s using firefox, if I didnt clear the cache history, then all I would get is the same updates as when I last looked at the site. Eg, once a topic such as ‘Chooks Rooks’ was on the site, I could read that, but any more recent posts wouldn’t be able to be seen unless I cleared the history. weird…

JungleMuffin

August 3, 2011 at 7:40 pm

Yeah, I use Firefox aswell. Getting all the new posts showing now, so it might be sweet, if not I’ll try clearing my cache.

Thanks for your help fellas <3

Kuruki

August 3, 2011 at 7:20 pm

I got that log in thing aswell last week and couldnt post for about 3 days till it sorted itself out randomly/

The13yrOldDTLegend

August 3, 2011 at 7:22 pm

That sounds weird, nothing has happened to me… yet:)

The13yrOldDTLegend

August 3, 2011 at 7:19 pm

Need to downgrade!!!!
    But who?
    My Options,
    Hibberd
    I.Smith
    Howe
    Pederson
    Puolpolo
    And to who?

Chuck Norris

August 3, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Could you please put the price in for each player? That would help me answer the question better

Kuruki

August 3, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Downgrade Hibberd he has been a naughty boy and might not play much now. To who?? The cheapest slut you can find, maximize your profit and then kick her to the kerb for the rest of the season.

mtooler

August 3, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Hibberd. Set to miss two to three weeks. I would get the cheapest DPP player for him. Callinan or a DEF/MID to assist you in your mixerupability.

Devo

August 3, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Michael Hibberd is done for the year I would think:

Chuck Norris

August 3, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Just quickly:
    Fyfe, Goodes or N Roo (for his price)

mtooler

August 3, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Goodes.

JungleMuffin

August 3, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Fyfe every day of the week, and then on some day that is yet to be invented.

Could call it Fyfeday perhaps?

mtooler

August 3, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Lol, either, or.

mtooler

August 3, 2011 at 7:30 pm

I don’t have GAJ, Mitchell or Hodge, I hope they all miss!

The Man

August 3, 2011 at 8:19 pm

I hope u get gangraped by a pack of black men.

mtooler

August 3, 2011 at 8:22 pm

:P

August 3, 2011 at 7:49 pm

With Ablet out this week i have the choice of playing
    I Smith, T, Mzungu, T Liberatore, and Z Smith (DPP)
    allready covering boyd with swallow
    who do you think thanks guys

mtooler

August 3, 2011 at 8:31 pm

I Smith.

jaeger

August 4, 2011 at 12:46 am

as much as I love the way I Smith is going about his footy – i just can’t afford a vest depleted score…and seeing as the hawks are playing on Sunday and he is likely to be named on an extended bench, we will have no idea if he will play all 120 mins… Safest would be Mugatu on fri night, you will at least be able to see if he is 1. definately playing & 2. not green vested – so for me Mugatu this week, even though I would prefer Smithy :)

:P

August 4, 2011 at 4:18 pm

thanks mate
        i had smith on 2 weeks ago and he got vested and this wekk i didnt play him and he pulls out a 90 :/
        ut it will be good to get mzungu out of the way early

Birdy

August 4, 2011 at 9:30 am

might i suggest not covering boyd with T. Liberatore

:P

August 4, 2011 at 4:17 pm

you got me for a second
        obviously no libba

Tex

August 3, 2011 at 9:43 pm

I’m trading in a MID/FWD this week to start covering byes.

It’s out of ROK, Goodes or Pavlich.

Leaning towards Goodes but like ROK’s consistency. Thoughts?

TheColonel

August 3, 2011 at 11:43 pm

goodes

brettwp

August 4, 2011 at 12:48 am

I’ll hold off on trading him. I only have a couple of trades to go, plus I have a superbly easy final round game (Matty Lloyd) which I will probably win.

Although, if he is out for more than this week, it will throw a huge spanner into the works. I’m down to 3 trades to go, and using one for a guy who might only be out for a game or two is something I’d rather avoid, particularly since I’m almost guaranteed a top 4 finish. Hoping the initial positive assessments are right and he is back for next week.