Well, things are back to normal. The multi-bye rounds are over, Dane Swan is getting 100’s again and eliminator is back. This week’s high score was 2334, which shows that our premiums are killing it again.
On a more personal note, this trade talk article is really brightening up my days. By days, I mean schooldays. Instead of actually concentrating in History, I now open to the back of my book, and jot down the players I’m putting in my article. Teachers think I’m writing down notes and because I’m concentrating, I’m quiet too. But really, I don’t give a stuff about the Gold Rush, so this article is making life a lot easier for me.
Anyway, back on subject, here’s the chopping block this week:
On the Chopping Block, Round 8:
Who to get rid of-
5. Brendon Goddard– He’s just had a shit season. He’s had some really ordinary scores. Realistically, I would say give him 1 more week, but you might want to start thinking of getting rid of him. We all don’t want to after everything he’s given us, but he leaves us no other choice.
4. David Hale– I know not many people have him, but for those that do, he’s out for 6 weeks, so upgrade him to a premium.
3. Daniel Giansiracusa– He’s not having his best season. Obviously a proven DT star, but you should probably get rid of him now before he goes down too much. It doesn’t look like he’ll find that form again.
2. Hayden Ballantyne– I know he has an injury concern, but his scores aren’t too special either. He got a massive score of 140, but other than that has been very inconsistent. He had a great season last year, but doesn’t look to be finding that form again.
1. Paul Duffield– I wanted to get rid of him earlier in the season, but I hung onto him. Now I know it was a mistake. Trading him last week was a great move. He’s having a very bad season and doesn’t have a lot of upside
Who to get in-
Robin Nahas– This guy has a lot of talent. He will be a great player in the future, and is playing great footy now. He was an unpopular pick at the start of the season, but he has been killing it lately, and I’m sure he’ll be picked a lot more soon.
Heath Shaw– Heater has a bad reputation as a very inconsistent player. In past seasons – yes. This season – no. It seems like he’s been let off the hook this season. The way he is playing his footy and the way he is scoring. Seemed like Grimes to Shaw was a popular trade last week, and I would jump on him too.
Trent Cotchin– Cotchin is a great player. He’s a bit underrated too. This year looks to be his break-out year and his dream team scores are reflecting that. He’s averaging 90.25 this year and is a unique pick. Bring him in.
Wait a few weeks on-
Darren Jolly– Jolly’s obviously a great player, but he has had a slow season and some injury concerns. Wait until he’s back and we know the full extent of his injury before trading him.
Jason Gram– Gram had a great start to the season but lately he has dropped off and got some bad scores. I wouldn’t trade him yet because he showed us his potential earlier in the year, so just wait on him for a while.
Alan Didak– Didak usually has slow starts to the season, and he had an interrupted preseason. Wait a few weeks for him to hit his form and he’ll start killing around round 12-13 as per usual.
Who saved themselves-
Nick Riewoldt– Riewoldt had a bit of a slow start to the season. Even though he was getting decent scores we expected more. The past 2 weeks he has got some good scores and I think he will start stringing together some consistent games.
Chris Knights– Knights had an inconsistent start to the season, but he has been stringing together some good scores. This week, he got a great score of 116, and has saved himself from the chopping block for now.
Patrick Dangerfield – Like his teammate Knights, Dangerfield had an inconsistent start. Last week he got injured and only got 33. This week he bounced back with a huge score of 128 and shouldn’t be traded.
Copy and paste this format into your comments:
Cash in the bank:
Who you want to get rid of:
Who you want to get in:
Who saved themselves in your team:
Who you are waiting a few weeks on: