After a huge week of scoring that saw Calvin add nearly 500 points to his score from last week, The Traders all jumped up the rankings… except Warnie. They cover the big issues coming out of the weekend including the return of Harry Sheezel through to picking Brayden Fiorini as an under-priced midfielder.
1:30 – 33 players score 115 or more in round seven, up from 21 the week before.
5:30 – Calvin moved from 30k overall to 20k off the back of 2410.
7:00 – Rowan Marshall was a popular VC option and his 159 was well-received.
9:45 – What happened to Will Setterfield?
12:30 – There are teams that have a value of more than $20m in Fantasy Classic.
14:00 – Votes for the Cash Cow of the Year.
15:35 – News of the week including injuries to key players such as Luke Davies-Uniacke.
19:20 – There was plenty of drama around Rory Laird‘s availability this week.
24:30 – Toby McLean was the first player to be named as sub, but not get on this year.
27:45 – Gold Coast midfielder Brayden Fiorini has shown plenty of Fantasy game over the years and becomes a big target this week.
31:15 – Could you look at some other Suns including Rory Atkins?
38:00 – Calvin is keeping an eye on Mitch Duncan who is getting very cheap.
40:00 – Early trades and The Traders’ trade plans.
42:30 – Questions from social media – follow @AFLFantasy on Twitter, @aflfantasy on Instagram and like the Official AFL Fantasy facebook page.
48:00 – Is Jayden Short value and will he get DEF status?
53:30 – Rory Laird v Sam Walsh v Noah Anderson.
58:00 – Tim Taranto and Clayton Oliver are the only players left who have scored 100 or more in every game.
1:01:30 – When deciding which rookies to dump, consider job security and their upcoming run.
Find the podcast
- Dan on Friday Fantasy Fill Up – Rd. 13: “agreed Warnie , windhager every day over Warner” Jun 10, 01:14
- Warnie on Friday Fantasy Fill Up – Rd. 13: “Windhager is averaging 33 or so because he was sub in three of his first six games. He scored 120,…” Jun 9, 22:21
- Will on Calvin’s Captains – Rd. 13: “English was absolutely dominating Lycett all game, he wasn’t injured. They had to sub him off and double up on…” Jun 9, 19:17
- lizardofoz on Friday Fantasy Fill Up – Rd. 13: “known” Jun 9, 18:48
- lizardofoz on Friday Fantasy Fill Up – Rd. 13: “I’m happy with Warner but Windhager had to be a dodgy selection. 66 from a know tagger averaging 33 or…” Jun 9, 18:47
Not sure on Fiorini. Good last week (Touk out) plus 2021 but last year was a bit meh
7 Gold Coast players scored over 100 last week – 2 over 120.
Average for Gold Coast is 3.1 > 100 & 0.7 > 120 for. Probably an anomaly
(The average takes into account the inflated scores from last week too)
In my opinion, the best option is just to wait and see.
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says average recovery time for Touk Miller’s injury (after surgery) is 3-6 weeks. Fiorini is good value since Gold Coast have a good bye
Fiorini had only like 71% TOG though, which gives me reason to be cautious.
Best cash cow option to get out of Weddle, Mitchell, Angwin or Atkins?
Atkins but JS is iffy.
if he keeps playing the way he did his job security will be ok with Touk out and being one of the best in a rare win
No article today?