Calvin's Captains

Calvin’s Captains – Rd. 13

It’s a tricky week to find a captain so you better check out the great man’s work

It’s a tricky week to find a captain with so many of the big names sitting it out. The top-10 list looks a little bare but Calvin is convinced that his order is ready to fire and to pump out some big numbers.

PlayerOpponent
Venue
Time
Key StatsCal’s Comments
1. Andrew Brayshaw

@ Optus
SAT 4:10pm
Averages 125 at home this year and is coming off 131Dominating at the moment with scores of 131, 94, 111, 99 and 134. He scored 114 on the Hawks last year who are still bleeding points. Oh... but will Shiels tag him? I don't think it matters
2. Josh Kelly

@ Marvel
SUN 3:20pm
152 on the Roos last year and #1 man based on form.Averaging 126 in his last three Kelly meets a team that has been giving up scores. Touk (135) and Rowell (101) did well last week and before that Sinclair (133), Hill (127) and Gresham (119) scored well also.
3. Max Gawn

@ MCG
MON 3:20pm
Coming off 149, Max is certainly back.Queens Birthday game last year Max had 119. Before that (against Grundy) he had 90 and 148. Ruck v Collingwood lately have been solid .... Reeves (61), De Koning (66), Darcy (126) and Sweet (85).
4. Sam Walsh

@ MCG
FRI 7:50pm
Form of 120, 113 and 111 is elite.Walsh dominated the Bombers last year with 127 and will find this easier. The Bombers are struggling and Walsh will be huge.
5. Lachie Neale

@ GABBA
SAT 7:25pm
Averages 116 at the GABBA this year.Lachie scored 116 on the Saints last year who might use Mitch Owens to tag him here. He went to Simpkin (99) in round 11 but it shouldn't matter.
6. Clayton Oliver

@ MCG
MON 3:20pm
#2 man on form averaging 120 in his last three.Collingwood are the #2 easiest team over the last five weeks and Oliver hits them with some good form. He had 80 on them last year but should be 100+ with ease.
7. Stephen Coniglio

@ Marvel
SUN 3:20pm
New coach new scores of 108 and 120.North are #3 easiest to score against over the last five weeks and Cogs is loving his new coach. Expect him to be awesome.
8. Jack Sinclair

@ GABBA
SAT 7:25pm
Here on form averaging 118 in last threeRanked #3 on form, Sinclair has been great and last week, Brayshaw (131), Ash (123) and Serong (104) didn't struggle against the Lions
9. Darcy Parish

@ MCG
FRI 7:50pm
119 and 142 in his last two. On fireI'm not a huge fan but we're getting thin. Had 106 on the Blues last year and should be fine... but I'm not sold on anyone below Sinclair
10. Christian Petracca

@ MCG
MON 3:20pm
Surely he bounces back after 89 and 40CP had 98 in this game last year but my faith in him isn't high. He has 1x100+ against the Pies in his career eight games against them. Pies are easy though.. that's why he's here.

Do you need a Captain? Then Calvin will help you out. Don't want a Captain? Calvin will tell you anyway. The man who digs deep into stats will help you pick a great captain and give you plenty of Fantasy advice. Follow him on Twitter: @CalvinDT

1. Blake

June 8, 2022 at 8:15 pm

Sinclair’s write up is on the Boags! Thanks for the info as always Calv

• pendles4brownlow

June 8, 2022 at 8:26 pm

A bit of the old copy-paste mishap going on. Might as well just have a top 2 this week. Easy as – VC on Bray with Jelly as the C if Bray somehow makes a meal of it. The big question is – what score do you accept from Bray to trigger the loop? 140? 150?

2. Calvin

June 8, 2022 at 8:42 pm

Nah my bad – must have been distracted and missed Sinc and Parish. No cut and paste, just old players from last week and didn’t over-write them – UPDATED NOW

• pendles4brownlow

June 9, 2022 at 9:38 am

All good Calvin. The top two are all that matter this week. VC and C

3. Adzie

June 8, 2022 at 10:52 pm

My stats driven top 10, HadD Lairdy for his 122 as number 1 last week not too bad.

This week Oliver is number 1 for me by a long margin.

1) Clayton Oliver.
    2) Max Gawn
    3) Andrew Brayshaw
    4) Josh Kelly
    5) Lachie Neale
    6) Sam Walsh
    7) Ollie Wines
    8) Brad Crouch
    9) Tom Mitchell
    10) George Hewett

4. Death Adders22

June 8, 2022 at 11:40 pm

Hi Adzie go with what you think mate. I hardly ever take advice from Calvin on here. He is off the mark most times. Mate the thing this week with C Oliver is that the Dees have lost there last 2 games and on both occasions Oliver has been Tagged. The Pie’s will try the same thing this week but I still think Oliver will go big to

• TJ Silver

June 9, 2022 at 9:25 am

That’s a rude thing to say; especially because Calvin’s the paid expert and you’re not.

• Death Adders22

June 9, 2022 at 1:40 pm

But mate how can Calvin be an expert. I’m sorry but by listening to him I know more but yet I’m far off being an expert. OK I come across rude and I’m sorry, I’ve never met Calvin and I’m sure he is a good bloke but an expert on footy. Come on

• Death Adders22

June 9, 2022 at 1:46 pm

I even put the VC on T Stewart last week and he was looking good up until he got his injury. I don’t recall Cal saying anything about T Stewart as a VC option

• Death Adders22

June 11, 2022 at 12:07 pm

Sorry TJ Silvrer mate did you say rude. I chose Cripps as a VC and Calvin said Walsh will go huge against the Bombers. (91) isn’t huge niether is (106) so why didn’t the so called ecpert say Cripps. The thing I don’t think Calvin understands is a week in footy is a long time. How many weeks since Carlton played the Bombers again and that was last year. The dumb thing is to go by there scores from last year. Even Terry Wallace would say the next time I hear that Calvin is an expert I’ll spew up. That’s why I say the things I do because these guys are not experts and then there are guys like you that think they are. No disrespect to you or anyone. And there getting payed for it LOL. There just working off the people that need help but yet there the ones that really are in need of help. They get there sauces and sometimes there still wrong Mistake I make is every year I try listening to these guys to start a team and once Round1 starts I’m way behind then have to try catch up throughout the year. So far over 12 Rounds I have made up around 14000 places by doing my own studies.

5. Death Adders22

June 8, 2022 at 11:41 pm

And by the way I think P Cripps will score well to VC for me

6. Looper23

June 9, 2022 at 7:43 am

Anyone concerned about Brayshaw’s scores when Fyfe plays? Bit of a history of him scoring big when Fyfe not in the team over the last few years…

• pendles4brownlow

June 9, 2022 at 9:42 am

Freo are on a roll. I hardly think they are going to restrict Bray with Fyfe coming back. They will want Fyfe to improve the team, not restrict it, which is what would happen if they restrict Bray.

• John1

June 9, 2022 at 11:10 am

Its not about whether they intentionally do it, it should just happen naturally if fyfe takes midfield time. Fyfe might be in some of the same spots as brayshaw, or get hands to the ball first sometimes just because he is better than some of the other guys brayshaw usually has to contend with, maybe a 5-10 point per game difference at most
        I dont expect much of it though, I expect fyfe to be a 20 possession a game guy with a lot of forward time at least for now

7. Looper23

June 9, 2022 at 8:05 am

Fyfe was out end of last year when he went big vs the tigers, I only remember cause I lost final because of him going through the roof

8. Mike

June 9, 2022 at 1:38 pm

Freo is purring along nicely, finals bound.
    Their home crowds are mad.
    Fyfe need only play fwd/mid like Leigh Mathews.

9. Taps

June 9, 2022 at 10:30 pm

Torn between Clarry or Gawn for the C if anyone can convince me one way or the other

10. JungleMuffin

June 11, 2022 at 2:12 pm

Do I take 106 from Crippa, or.roll the dice with the Pig?