My Team

My Team 2022: Round 8

Discuss your round eight trades.

Discuss your team, strategy, players, etc. in this post. Offer up constructive comments if you want questions answered yourself! Be a giver, not just a taker! This is a great community and we want it to stay that way. We love banter as much as the next person, just keep it clean!

For plenty of great stats, check out:

Fantasy points for and against – Season

WCE1385.41.70.11620.43.91.4

1. Ando the brain dead barfly

May 2, 2022 at 10:27 pm

Ruck Cow Strnadica is out

• NP

May 3, 2022 at 3:37 pm

H Dixon back in the ruck yes please

• Phteven

May 3, 2022 at 3:46 pm

Price will tick over nicely,

2. Russell Pindick

May 3, 2022 at 4:50 am

Witherden out covid protocols. 3 WE Eagles out now

• jjbkeeper

May 3, 2022 at 9:51 am

Maybe they can bring in some bollards rather than traffic cones this week

3. Brian

May 3, 2022 at 5:38 am

why is his price so high for a 1 game player N. Bryan Ruck Essendon

$410k

4. Mark

May 3, 2022 at 8:44 am

If Dusty is named is he an option or with a BE of 97 is it best to wait a week?

• jjbkeeper

May 3, 2022 at 9:54 am

See how he performs for a week or two I reckon. Pretty shit run in his personal life, so you never know how that will impact someone even with the break. I reckon he will miss that BE

5. Darce

May 3, 2022 at 9:24 am

Rachele to Oliver or JHF to Mills?

• jjbkeeper

May 3, 2022 at 9:56 am

Although he has hurt me before, I’d say Oliver. Someone said earlier “he has Gold Coast and then two games against traffic cones (WCE and Roos)”

6. Pure Grunt

May 3, 2022 at 12:56 pm

B: Short, Whitfield, Sic, Hewett, Crisp, NDaicos (SDK, Skinner)
    M: Macrae, Cripps, Neale, Jelly, B Smith, Rowell, Horne-Francis, GClark (NOD, McComb)
    R: Gawn, Preuss (Dixon)
    F: Dunkley, Cogs, Rozee, Rayner, Brodie, Martin (Durdin, NLong, Hough)
    Bank 541k

Trade 1 – JHF to Touk

Trade 2 – Skinner to Hamilton (bank 159k) or
    Field NOD &
    Rowell to Parker (Bank 4k) or
    Rowell to De Goat (Bank 37k)

or ?

• Arlo

May 4, 2022 at 8:00 am

Hey mate I wouldn’t consider trading skinner he’s just a hold now till the byes, would you consider trading Rayner and JHF for Parker and De Goey? if your desperate for a big dog though Touks a great trade I jumped last week and did not regret it

7. Pure Grunt

May 3, 2022 at 1:03 pm

In case it’s relevant – rumour has it Covid outs 4 WCE
    Witherden, Nelson, Stradnica??
    Stay tuned – more?

8. Tom

May 3, 2022 at 1:35 pm

Debating which premium forward to upgrade from Xerri with.

Currently tossing up between Heeney and Parker, as they’re both doing well but just can’t pick who will do better in the long run.

Also considering De Goey, but I’d rather a premo Swan instead.

If anyone has any advice on where to go, that’d be great thanks!

• Pure Grunt

May 3, 2022 at 6:07 pm

As you can see from my team above I shouldn’t give advice
      I narrowed these to Parker and Goat as Heeney does not have flexibility or consistency
      Parker has lower breakeven and is possible rolling 22 so that’s my choice until teams come out
      and covid or hamstrings wreck my plans

• Straight shooter

May 4, 2022 at 2:51 pm

Heeney hasn’t got consistency? Gone under 95 once. Degoey 4 times under 95 great consistency there. Parker 4 games under 95 that’s consistent isn’t it.

9. Trade Help Please

May 3, 2022 at 4:23 pm

Trade Options:

This is if English isn’t back this week. (Yes still got him because I’ve had other injuries each week so haven’t been able to trade him xD)

A)
    Hold Tim English
    Xerri to McComb/Carroll
    JHF to Cripps/Miller

This means would have to play McDonald/Durdin/Dixon to cover English in forward line.

B)
    Hold Tim English
    Xerri to McComb/Carroll
    JHF To Taranto/Parker

They would swap into the forward line to cover English. This means I play McComb/Carroll on field to cover in midfield.

C)
    Trade Tim English
    Xerri to McComb/Carroll
    English to Taranto/Parker

Would love everyone’s thoughts please :)

• Pure Grunt

May 3, 2022 at 6:16 pm

I’d hold English too and hope he’s back this or next week
      I’d go McCombe & depending on byes Cripps (R12) Miller (R13)

10. Nolzy

May 3, 2022 at 5:32 pm

Hamilton, Carrol or McComb? Need to get rid of JHF and Rachele.

• PowerAde

May 3, 2022 at 5:41 pm

i’d go McComb, should get another gig this week and that will be his 3rd so will earn, looks likely to hold his spot a bit

• Pure Grunt

May 3, 2022 at 8:12 pm

If you are talking double downgrade then Hamilton/McComb
      Obviously you have Clark
      I Jettisoned Rachele last week and JHF this week

11. Peter

May 3, 2022 at 6:18 pm

Parker or Anderson?

• Pure Grunt

May 3, 2022 at 8:08 pm

Thanks – didn’t really have Anderson on my radar
      Good POD with 1.5% (Parker 3.5%)
      Same bye similar Job Sec and ceiling
      Anderson had a poor mid season ave last yr – unsure why
      Maybe less competition for Andersons role v Parker
      I give it a tick for an extra 20k but I’d be 16k short
      Cheers

12. Phteven

May 3, 2022 at 7:34 pm

Clacker and McComb in for Mead and Hough. Clacker on field. Could I risk McComb as well?

• Pure Grunt

May 3, 2022 at 7:51 pm

I wish I could tend to my brown dots too – need to b4 byes
      Clark on ground for me but McComb could get Bevo’d

• Arlo

May 4, 2022 at 8:05 am

You can loop McComb on the Friday for a look, Hough looks like he’ll play this week ideally pick up Clark and use your other trade to upgrade

13. Jay

May 4, 2022 at 1:00 pm

Before my trades my team below and have only 2k in bank, currently have 13/7/10 split for bye rounds

Short/ crisp/ Whitfield/ hewett/ NOD (SDK/ skinner)
    Steele/ smith/ Oliver/ macrae/ jelly/ JHF/ Hobbs/ Clark (windhager/ McInnes)
    Gawn/ preuss (dixon)
    Dunks/ cong/ degoey/ butters/ brodie/ Martin (Durdin/ rachele)
    Xerri
    Not sure on trades in and out

• Aaron

May 4, 2022 at 1:30 pm

I’d say it would be good to get rid of rachele, he’s already losing value and will probably continue to do so, you could definitely switch rachele and windhager bc they are DPP and then trade in greg clark, who’ll bring in a lot of cash

• Straight shooter

May 4, 2022 at 3:00 pm

Rachelle, Xerri to Hamilton an Carrol if named McComb if Carrol is not named

14. Angus

May 4, 2022 at 5:13 pm

I’m pretty sure this has been asked before, but I can’t find it, so; Touk or Miller, with cash not being a problem

• Angus

May 5, 2022 at 3:22 pm

Sorry, Touk or Mills

• pendles4brownlow

May 5, 2022 at 4:05 pm

I have Touk, because I believe he is better in the long run. Mills has a BE of 80 and is playing the Suns and then the lazy Bombers, so in the short term he has a lot going for him. You could go Mills now, as long as you plan to get Touk soon, because I don’t think Touk is going to get cheaper.

15. Dayne Larsen

May 4, 2022 at 6:14 pm

bowey or JHF to clark?

16. Nigel Thornberry

May 5, 2022 at 5:23 pm

Thoughts on JHF and daicos out for crips and Coleman? Was going to bring in Clark but the spicy flu got him so will leave him for the week.

17. brian Smith

May 5, 2022 at 7:01 pm

Crouch is out, so that’s the first trade. For my second do I trade McCartin (prob losing cash) to Thompson, or trade Mead (red dot) to Stephens?

• Stimpy

May 6, 2022 at 12:22 am

Mills or Cripps

18. Justin Stitchup

May 6, 2022 at 5:01 am

Who to Trade Out? Xerri (back soon?) or Rachele? (losing $). Thanks legends

19. Fred

May 6, 2022 at 6:08 am

Taranto vs Parker?

20. Jenny

May 6, 2022 at 8:08 am

New to AFL Fantasy and love it. Have recently discovered this great site. Very helpful for beginners. Just one question. I’ve seen people talking about Clacker, Speakano, Titch, Zerrett, Jelly, Combdog and others. I’ve worked out that Sicdawg is Sicily, but who are the others?

• Jay1

May 6, 2022 at 8:31 am

Hi Jenny,
      Clacker = Greg Clark
      Speakano = Tim English (AKA “me speaka no English”)
      Titch = Tom Mitchell