My Team

My Team 2022: Round 6

Let’s start talking round six trades.

Discuss your team, strategy, players, etc. in this post. Offer up constructive comments if you want questions answered yourself! Be a giver, not just a taker! This is a great community and we want it to stay that way. We love banter as much as the next person, just keep it clean!

For plenty of great stats, check out:

Fantasy points for and against – Season

WB1595.461.61477.82.40.6
WCE1374.81.201568.631

1. DKS

April 19, 2022 at 12:13 pm

Ward and Rowell to Clark (if named) and Mills

or

JHF and Rowell to Hobbs and Cripps?

Alternatively I am considering ditching Grundy for SHayes and moving Preuss to R2, would give me a massive amount of cash but thinking Grundy goes big.

• Angus

April 22, 2022 at 12:57 pm

Hold Grundy, he’ll perform big in the Anzac game

2. Andy

April 19, 2022 at 12:14 pm

Is Xerri a viable R2 or better off waiting him to fatten up in FWD line to trade up? Making decent scores so not benching him.

• Alex

April 19, 2022 at 12:25 pm

That depends on what you want to do with the rucks you are presumably replacing him with (Grundy?). Grundy has a good record against the Dons, and I would think after all the media this week, he would come out breathing fire. Xerri would will have to upgrade to an uber premo at some point across one of the lines – I am personally holding him till around round 8 or 9, when I see him peaking at 550-580k. I will try get him up to Taranto, English, (if he improves) Duncan or DPP to a Touk or someone

3. Alex

April 19, 2022 at 12:19 pm

Currently ranked 397, fell a little short in cash for what I wanted to do this week, and keep feeling like I am 1 round behind the real trend setters (+ I traded Cripps). Looking to deal with my M8 problem and get rookies off the field the next few weeks.

Def: Short, Whitfield, Dawson, Hewett, Sicily, Daicos (Stein, SDK)

Mid: Steele, Macrae, Neale, Mills, Brodie, JFH, Ward, NOD (Reef, Mead)

Ruck: Grundy, Gawn (J Hayes)

Fwd: Dunks, Heeney, Butters, Cogs, Xerri, Martin (Durdin, Hollands)

Utl: Skinner

Hayes-Hayes gets me $254k as my first trade, but just shy of what I wanted to do, which was Ward to Gresham. Plan is to (Daicos aside) remove all my onfield rookies by round 10/11, with T.Adams and a downgrade to an onfield Greg Clark in the plan.

Options:

1. Ward – McInerney/Rioli via DPP +30k
    2. JHF- Gresham + 90k
    3. JHF- Adams +12k

JHF has a good role with so many CBAs, and would love to get rid of Ward. Thoughts welcomed

• Stimpy

April 19, 2022 at 11:26 pm

Im in the same boat with ward cant get him to who i want..im thinking ill do a Ward to Hobbs Hayes to Hayes…not exciting trades i know..but sets you up next week to get someone decent forJFH next week

4. Mike

April 19, 2022 at 12:51 pm

Trades done. Now the hard part. Do I bench JHF who’s playing the Cats and field Hobbs for Anzac clash? Hmmmm.

• Western Warrior

April 19, 2022 at 12:56 pm

I have the same choice and are thinking Hobbs

5. Jules

April 19, 2022 at 12:58 pm

Hey legends, Hall to Whitfield or Hewett?

• Mike

April 19, 2022 at 1:59 pm

Either one is a good choice. Hewett was a bit handball happy last match but I’m guessing he’ll play more outside when Cripps returns. I’ve stuck with Whitfield all year.. when he’s on song he scores big.. Don’t forget Doch and Lloyd.

6. Cody

April 19, 2022 at 1:36 pm

held Cripps and preuss so happy to clim 1k rank this week to 2300ish
    need to trade in a 900kish player this week from any line. Main options are:
    Neale, Mills, Crisp, Tinglish, Walsh, Touk, Oliver or doch
    mainly considering mills or Neale atp.
    Any thoughts guys?

• NP

April 19, 2022 at 2:28 pm

I think some of the premo mids (touk, oliver etc) will be better value next week so am trading in a mid/def to my midfield this week (crisp/dawson) and looking to swing them to the backline next week and pick up touk then. Something to think about if that option is available to you.

• pendles4brownlow

April 20, 2022 at 6:36 am

Crisp for me, as his price will be on the rise from now, and he will be a top 6 Def. Touk will get cheaper

7. Scott

April 19, 2022 at 2:22 pm

Def: Crisp, Whitfield, Sicily, Williams, Young, Rioii (SKD,Kelly)
    Mids: Macrae, Neale, Cripps, Hewett, Lipinski, JHF, Daicos, NOD (Ward, Mead)
    Ruck: Gawn, Grundy (Preuss)
    Fwd: Dunkley, Butters, Brodie, Coniglio, Rachele, Martin (Dixon, Durdin)
    Utl: Skinner

$31K

Thinking of double downgrade Ward and Skinner. Or downgrade Ward in order to upgrade Lipinski.

Thoughts appreciated.

• Alex

April 19, 2022 at 2:49 pm

I would go one up one down. Ward to a Hollands or Clark (if either are picked) lets you get Lippa up to a Mills or English. Having said that, the general approach is about getting rookies off the field – why not Ward to one of those two and Rachele up – Gresham?

• brian Smith

April 19, 2022 at 5:13 pm

Lipinski to Newcombe? Gets you $75, better b/e and +10 points average. And Ward to Hobbs gives you another $100 for next round.

8. NP

April 19, 2022 at 2:25 pm

Short, Crisp or Dawson?

I’m interested to know where people rank these guys – taking into consideration value and BE’s?

• Alex

April 19, 2022 at 2:46 pm

Short just over Crisp, and Dawson a way behind them

9. Toby

April 19, 2022 at 2:31 pm

I have both Caldwell and Rowell. Who do I get rid of first?
    Leaning towards Caldwell as Rowell is at least getting CBA’s

10. Ethan F

April 19, 2022 at 3:12 pm

Any $190k DEFs debuting this week? Want to do McCartin -> rookie and Rachele -> Heeney

• brian Smith

April 19, 2022 at 5:06 pm

Might have to get a non-player who is likely to play sometime soon, such as Kelly, Burgoyne, Chugg, Wehr, Gould, Worrell.

11. brian Smith

April 19, 2022 at 5:04 pm

I’m looking at my mid-priced mids: Rowell (scoring like a rookie, b/e jumped up), Crouch (scoring still poor, but Sloan out, maybe one more week) and Lipinski (same scoring, playing ESS next week). And also looking at bench rookies: McCartin (has to go), one of JHF or Rachele (maybe one more week at most).
    So my options are:
    Rowell + McCartin gets me Heeney (+35 points, Crouch drops $10k, JHF/Rach up by $20k)
    Rowell + JHF/Rachele gets me Bazlenka (+55 points, Crouch drops $10k)
    Crouch + McCartin gets me Bazlenka (+35 points, Rowell drops $20, JHF/Rach up by $20k)
    Do you think the points / $ impact is about right?
    Any thoughts on the best option?

12. PLZ REPLY

April 19, 2022 at 5:37 pm

Is mcinerney good value? Not much said about him

Also, bailey smith, steele, oliver, or touk atm to trade in?

13. Mark

April 19, 2022 at 5:39 pm

Should I bring in T.Green or Heeney for Rowell? Liking Sydney’s run of games and with Toby Greene coming back surely Green’s scores are affected. Opinions?

14. Mike

April 19, 2022 at 5:54 pm

Yeah, Heeney is a good bet. But I personally don’t think Greene will affect Green’s scoring much. It might cause Taranto some scoring issues. It’s why I’ll wait a little before I get Taranto into my team.

15. Taylor

April 19, 2022 at 6:16 pm

Have only really got one midpricer clogging up cash generation in Lipinski.
    Do I trade him out or trade a rook for a top forward and stash Lipinski FWD
    Option 1 – JHF to Hobbs, Lipinski to Bazlenka
    Option 2 – JHF to G.Clark, Mead to L.Parker

Thoughts are much appreciated!

• brian Smith

April 19, 2022 at 8:41 pm

Doesn’t matter where you hide Lipinksi, he still only scores 75, and loses value. At least Mead’s average is still above his b/e.

• Mike

April 19, 2022 at 9:15 pm

Option 1. Need Hobbs. If you go Clark, will you have to field him?

• Taylor

April 19, 2022 at 9:33 pm

If I went Clark, I’d DPP Nic Martin as my M8

• PowerAde

April 20, 2022 at 1:16 pm

option one, baz is playing like a must have and hobbs should get a gig

• Taylor

April 20, 2022 at 5:55 pm

Cheers for the thoughts fellas!

16. jjbkeeper

April 19, 2022 at 6:34 pm

Currently have the following cows on-field:
    Rachele (F)
    Dixon (F)
    O’Driscoll (D)
    JHF (M)
    Rioli (F)

Which 3 of these should remain on-field, and which 2 should be on the bench? Going to use some of the new DDPs to shuffle and get rid of Rowell and Crouch, but still have to keep a few of these on-field.

• Phteven

April 19, 2022 at 6:51 pm

I’d be keeping NOD, Jaffa and Rioli on field.

17. Jackel

April 19, 2022 at 7:48 pm

Is jdg a top 6 fwd

18. Stimpy

April 20, 2022 at 12:31 am

Hi everyone any suggestions with trades this week..thinking maybe double rookie downgrade..not sure
    DEF Doch,Short,Whitfield,Hewitt,Sicily,NOD(Gibcus,McCartin)
    MIDS Miller,McCrae,Oliver,Neale,Brodie,Daicos,JHF,Ward(Mead,Hough)
    RUCKS Gawn, Preuss(Hayes)
    FWDS Treloar,Cogs,Butters,English Xerri,Martin (Durdin,DeKoning)
    UTL Dixon
    Cash 2k Any help would be great,Cheers in advance

19. DW Duck 🦆

April 20, 2022 at 12:41 am

Oliver Mills Or Crisp.. Crisp does have the lowest BE

Want to try get Touk or Mitchell next week once they drop more and use Rachelle and Naish to make that upgrade.

20. Port Adelaide Piglets

April 20, 2022 at 9:00 am

using dpp who is the better option:
    laird
    walsh
    oliver
    gawn (running with english and pruess)
    with gawn i can flick english down to fwd

21. The Real Slim

April 20, 2022 at 10:03 am

tossing up between cash gen this week or keepers need help with which one is better

1. Ward>> Hobbs and Mccartin>>S Hayes

2. Mccartin>>Clark and Saad>>Bazlenka

22. Troy

April 20, 2022 at 11:02 am

I’ve got two trade options this week should I go:

1. Ward and Bowey > Clark and butters(d4) and 120k in bank
    (Butters has three juicy match ups coming up)

2. Rachele and Bowey > Clark and Walsh/Miller/Oliver with no money in the bank

I’ve got my rookies all sorted and I’m versing the top three teams in the next three weeks so looking to upgrade all those weeks.

23. Dulcify

April 20, 2022 at 11:07 am

I can see Squid and The Chosen Won lurking in the shadows of the chat, I know they are reading all the posts on here but due to them both suffering losses to me on the weekend they are too embarrassed to show their faces. Better luck next time guys.

• The Chosen Won™®©

April 20, 2022 at 11:52 am

Move on nothing to see here :)

Good Win mate makes it 1-1 in 2022 with another league match up this week. I also get a shot at redemption taking on DP again!

Good Luck in 2022

• PowerAde

April 20, 2022 at 12:49 pm

could you two and squid tell me what the weather is like down the bottom? warm up here towards the top in both fantasy and RDT land

24. Mark Fawcett

April 20, 2022 at 11:16 am

Not really sure what to do. Held Cripps and Preuss and managed to get to a ranking of 538. Have 29k in the kitty. Looking at going McMartin to Gould (for now as a place holder) and leaving me 198k. Swung Daicos as my D6. Team is

Def: Crisp, Whitfield, Houston, Hewett, Sicily, daicos ( De Koning, Stein)
    Mid: Steele, Macrae, Neale, Bailey Smith, Cripps, N. Martin, Horne-Francis, MacDonald (McEntee, Mead)
    Ruck: Gawn, Preuss (S. Hayes)
    Fwd: Dunkley, English, Coniglio, Butters, Brodie, J.Hayes (Durdin, Ralphsmith)
    Utility: Gould (FOR NOW).

25. DKS

April 20, 2022 at 11:56 am

Mills worth it over Crippa? Bit anxious Cripps minutes might be managed in his return. Alternatively, could go Heeney, or English (who I would likely be picking up this week anyway)? Think Mills could be a potential captain option against Hawks on Monday.

• JungleMuffin

April 20, 2022 at 9:18 pm

Got time to wiat on Crippa. he’s not going up with that 30 odd in his system. could quite easily drop a decent amount of cash if he has a quiet or two, or is on managed minutes until theyre 100% on his hammy.

26. jjbkeeper

April 20, 2022 at 12:54 pm

Using DDP to reshuffle. Who should I look to bring in:
    Heeney
    English
    Walsh

27. Hinchy

April 20, 2022 at 2:13 pm

Hey legends, I need some help with these options please
    1. Trade Rachele and Horne-Francis to 190k(bench) and Oliver
    2. Trade Rachele and ward to 190k (bench) and green
    3. Fix rookies and have to keep Horne Francis on field
    4. Trade ward and crouch to Hobbs (bench) and Oliver/Touk

Other alternatives to bring in instead of Oliver include English and Heeney or anyone under 890k

28. Jaiden

April 20, 2022 at 3:01 pm

Def: Short,crisp,Whits,hewett,Sic,Daicos (Skinner,SDK)
    Mid:
    Steele,Macca,Touk,Neale,Cripps, Rachele, JHF, NOD (Ward,Mead)
    Ruck:
    Grundy, Pruess (J.Hayes)
    For:
    Dunks,Cogs,Butters,Brodie,Xerri, Martin (Mcentee, Durdin)
    Utility: Reef
    47k in Bank
    Thinking Rachele to S.Hayes and JHF to Tom green

29. Jason

April 20, 2022 at 7:43 pm

Appreciate thoughts re trade options I am considering.

1. Rachele to Hobbs ($200k for next week)
    Pedlar to S. Hayes

Or

2. Grundy to B. Smith (Xerri and Preuss as onfield rucks)
    Rachele to Hobbs ($200k (for next week) ?

• Gaz

April 21, 2022 at 12:23 pm

Even though Smith is tempting you really shouldn’t trade Grundy as he could easily fire next week and you don’t wan’t Xerri and Preuss as your rucks (especially if Flynn is playing). Pretty much don’t think you should be sideways trading any premiums unless you have a luxury trade as getting rookies of the ground should be your priority.

30. Juicey Brucey

April 20, 2022 at 8:37 pm

I guess Preuss is near a must have now he’s coming back in

• pendles4brownlow

April 20, 2022 at 10:16 pm

Is he a certainty to come back in. I have him, so I hope so. The worry is that he will be back for 1 game and thump someone again. He doesn’t like playing two weeks in a row

31. JungleMuffin

April 20, 2022 at 9:01 pm

Chappy and O’Driscoll out this wak with the CoCo. Of course I have both of them.

Daicos was going to hold down a spot in the mids for me for the next few months, but looks like I get to be a sheep like the rest and swing him down back. DPP came at the perfect time.

Might throw a spanner into my plans of Touck and Clark in. We’ll see.

• Mighty Puds

April 20, 2022 at 9:11 pm

Last I’d seen NOD isn’t one of the Freo players out with covid. It’s Chapman, Young, Blakely, Matt Johnson and Liam Henry. NOD should be fine at this stage. You can leave Daicos in the mids after all :)

32. Shaun

April 21, 2022 at 2:35 pm

Thoughts on Ward and McDonald to McInerney and Stephens. I like the upgrade to McInerney and feel like Stephens has to get his go at AFL level soon. Dominating for Geelong reserves week in week out.

33. Wathen FC

April 21, 2022 at 6:24 pm

Thoughts on holding English? Means I field Rachele. Is he only going to be out for one week?

34. Andy

April 21, 2022 at 7:01 pm

What is Dixon’s injury?

35. Hoppy

April 21, 2022 at 7:33 pm

Hello again guys!

Gone with

Crouch – Bazlenka
    MacDonald – McComb

Thinking of not prioritising Rowell and Bowey as trades when getting rookies off at the moment. Next week can go Treloar/De Goey but I’m not sure if prioritising bye round 13 (as I don’t have many there) is the right move here or if I should keep on working on best options.

Thanks

36. Labrats

April 22, 2022 at 3:40 pm

Toby Greene to ton up tonight, get on him people