My Team

My Team 2021: Rd. 19

Discuss your potential trades.

Discuss your team, strategy, players, etc. in this post. Offer up constructive comments if you want questions answered yourself! Be a giver, not just a taker! This is a great community and we want it to stay that way. We love banter as much as the next person, just keep it clean!

For season stats, head to dtlive.com.au’s Data View.

Fantasy points for and against – season

CLUBPTS
STK15193.61.21575.13.51.3
SYD1567.83.10.51457.92.10.6
WB1584.64.11.11492.82.50.5
WCE1536.12.90.91595.43.51.2

1. disapionted

July 18, 2021 at 9:37 pm

bogus how we are stuck with donuts due to covid should have average score for missing players who are late outs because of it . will be even more bogus if next week games or players missing because of covid and we are given average scores wtf

• londonstatto

July 19, 2021 at 12:14 am

That’s what emergencies are for.

If games are postponed, then average scores is fair enough. But if the game is played and a player doesn’t play it’s always been a DNP.

• Will

July 19, 2021 at 10:10 am

There were 5 missing players in one game! Regardless of their “fantasy relevance”, how is anyone supposed to account for that with emergencies? How many late outs due to covid BS do we need before averages are given? Whats the magic number? 7? 10? . 5 is a pretty big impact especially for the last game on sunday. They should get averages.

• BzG

July 19, 2021 at 11:52 am

Feels. Copping it every week recently, and Mills broke the camel’s back. So much for carefully laid trade plans this year.

• Wombat

July 19, 2021 at 1:19 pm

There were 5 players in 1 game but only 1 was in more than 5% of teams. This was less impactful in fantasy terms than the late withdrawal of a single high-ownership player. At worst you would be covering 2 spots in different lines with emergencies. If in future there are many more withdrawals from a game then the game may well be postponed and averages would be awarded. And, yes, I own Callum Mills.

• It's real

July 19, 2021 at 1:24 pm

Agree Wombat.
            Will – chill.

• George

July 21, 2021 at 10:52 am

If you haven’t noticed Will, strategy will only get you so far in Fantasy world.
          Fantasy sports is mainly a game of chance and probability. It’s a bit of a gamble every week.
          From what I understand players won’t get averages unless games are called off.

• disappointed

July 19, 2021 at 6:29 pm

wondering what would have happened if the traders had any of these players had greene and mills covered greene with amartey donut for mills was ranked in top 400 that has now blown out to 860 will cop it but will be disappointed if they allow averages for covid related outs next week

• Warnie

July 19, 2021 at 7:42 pm

If we had any of those players, we would have whinged as well. But it wouldn’t have changed things despite some people thinking we can make changes to the game. Haha. We were told that unless a game is cancelled/postponed (ie. turned into a bye), averages wouldn’t be applied.

• disappointed

July 19, 2021 at 8:10 pm

fair enough warnie any chance of a extra trades with this covid affecting teams as mentioned have mills greene and kelly all likely outs next week

2. Harbinger

July 18, 2021 at 9:43 pm

Time to disband AFL. No interstate games. Players return to WAFL, VFL, SANFL etc. This will be the future of the world. Interstate teams are ruining the once proud VFL.

• Pricey

July 19, 2021 at 8:35 am

Interstate teams were invited to join the VFL for their license fee because the VFL was going broke..

• Harbinger

July 19, 2021 at 10:39 am

I say go back to original VFL. No interstate travel. Players paid about $100000 to $150000, which is way more than the average worker. I find it disgusting that “elite” athletes get paid more than doctors, nurses, teachers, tradies, emergency workers etc.

• Eric the half a bee

July 19, 2021 at 4:10 pm

I tend to agree

• George

July 21, 2021 at 10:22 am

The best get paid the bucks because they generate cash flow through merchandise and endorsements.
          They put bums on seats.
          Their public and personal lives are under constant scrutiny.
          Their lives are signed to contract at a young age and many are spat out when the ‘use by’ date comes around.
          They are told what to do and when to do it. If they stray they find themselves being tried and convicted by the court of public opinion.
          Elite sports professionals cannot be compared to ‘average’ workers.

• Gandreg

July 21, 2021 at 1:12 pm

Still no justification for huge salaries!

• David C

July 19, 2021 at 11:48 am

Spoken like a true Victorian.

• Harbinger

July 19, 2021 at 1:44 pm

I’m South Australian

• Scott

July 19, 2021 at 10:36 pm

Even worse 😂

• Greg

July 20, 2021 at 9:44 am

Better in fact!!

• David C

July 20, 2021 at 10:19 am

Then you have no excuse.

• Phteven

July 20, 2021 at 6:32 pm

Not such a bad idea

3. llizardofoz

July 18, 2021 at 9:54 pm

We’ve had dumb and dumber.
    Now there’s downright blind STUPIDITY.
    Since March 2020 AFL players have been put in hubs lockdowns and shunted from state to state.
    Message; keep away from potential infection sites.
    What happens; players attend Rugby test.
    Unbelievable !!

• The Cricket

July 19, 2021 at 5:32 pm

I lost my Semi Final this weekend (in a small league) so there’s no premiership glory coming my way.
      In the past I’ve been keen to keep playing and improve my rank, enjoy it all. But this year I don’t think I have the heart for it.
      Was already pretty down having copped injuries to Darcy and Dusty – facing the second week in a row of two forced trades and a probable matchup loss – and then Mills was withdrawn. Yes, I had an emergency, but his score couldn’t possibly win the final for me.
      So now it’s Dusty, Darcy, Mills and Kelly … What fun!
      I did, however, get to shoot down the highway and watch my Bombers beat the Roos at Metricon – the bright light in an otherwise dismal weekend of footy 😂

• David C

July 20, 2021 at 10:21 am

Darcy could still be ok and Kelly (if its Josh) looks like he’ll be ok.

• The Cricket

July 20, 2021 at 1:45 pm

Cheers, I hope so! And I’ll probably hold Mills.
          Feeling a bit more positive about it all today lol

4. Campbell

July 18, 2021 at 10:12 pm

Is it worth going Macrae and Amartey to Kennedy and Bowes

• Brian Smith

July 19, 2021 at 1:20 am

Macrae to Kennedy is sideways regarding averages, but is Bowes the best you can get to with that $200?

5. Len

July 18, 2021 at 10:29 pm

Out: Kelly (if injury is bad), Haynes
    In: Rowan Marshall, Tim Kelly

363k in the bank what do I do

• FancyAChickenDinner

July 20, 2021 at 4:57 pm

Both fine options if you are strapped for cash but id place that 360k on both of those and get the best you can. Should be able to get to a mid 700s on each line – Oliver, De Goat, Danger. Get he best you can from the rolling 22

6. Musca

July 18, 2021 at 11:00 pm

Help on next moves please

Def- hall, ziebell, whit, short, daniel, Lloyd
    ( madden, Bianco)

Mid- Miller, Merritt, parish, Taranto, Walsh, mccrea, sharp, bramble
    ( Newcombe, west )

Ruck – Grundy, Gawn
    ( Lynch)

Fwd- Zorko, Kelly, danger, hunter, pendals, weighman
    ( amartey, Williams )

Ult- meek

Bank – 264k
    On top of my league so don’t need the win this week.

• Brian Smith

July 19, 2021 at 1:23 am

Ignoring injuries – get Weightman off the field. Amartey / Bianco down and Weightman up to Kennedy/DeGoat for example.

7. Bill

July 18, 2021 at 11:24 pm

I was only affected by Mills in Fantasy. I had an emergency so it only cost me points. I probably would have lost one of my league games anyway.

But what happens if he’s out isolating for another two matches? I shouldn’t have to waste a trade on him when I might have to also trade Kelly.

• Will

July 19, 2021 at 10:15 am

Fantasy have thrown it in the too hard basket, stuck their head in the sand, and just said “oh well, too bad, so unpredicatable!” instead of recognising that this ISNT a normal case of late outs. Should have awarded averages.

• BzG

July 19, 2021 at 12:01 pm

The AFL has to be flexible in these (God help me for repeating it) unprecedented times. Fantasy needs to adjust with this.
        Eg. If you won’t award avg for late out players, why not award the points from their replacements? Could apply to injured during games as well, eg Whitfield’s score plus the medi-sub’s score after Whitfield left the ground.
        Finally, allow trades accrual… ie bank unused trades to be used in later rounds in addition to the weekly 2 trades. This would also assist during the bye rounds.
        We need a closer replication of the flexibility afforded AFL coaches (yes, you in particular Mr Scott)

• George

July 21, 2021 at 11:07 am

So how do you deal with injuries? You have a choice, trade or hold.
      I’ve ‘wasted’ a dozen trades this season trying to cover injured premiums. That’s my choice.
      And the only way Mills and his rugby loving mates might be isolating for another 2 weeks is if they actually have covid.

8. Brian Smith

July 19, 2021 at 1:26 am

The non-keepers still on my field are Haynes, Ward, and two rookies out of Bianco / J.Sharp / Bramble. I think my most urgent fix is Haynes?
    And is Bianco the least valuable (points / js) of the rookies?

• BzG

July 19, 2021 at 12:03 pm

Surely, Sharp is safe still 🤔

9. K

July 19, 2021 at 7:47 am

Wowee my team is in damage control. No chance to sort out the onfield rookies or get some cash gen on the bench now!

10. Justin Stitchup

July 19, 2021 at 9:56 am

Dusty to Tarryn Thomas or Baily Dale?

• Hupp

July 19, 2021 at 10:52 am

I have had Thomas for a while when he bottomed down in price but I would go Dale because Cunnington playing will give Thomas less mid time and in the first half of pretty much every game Thomas gets 65% TOG. This hurts his scores

• Brian Smith

July 19, 2021 at 4:20 pm

Or Matt Kennedy

11. Kate

July 19, 2021 at 2:26 pm

Any news on Kelly yet?

• David C

July 20, 2021 at 2:23 pm

Josh Kelly seems to be ok, no knews yet on Tim Kelly

12. EHAWK

July 19, 2021 at 2:32 pm

Are Rowan Marshall and maybe Jordan Dawson options to consider this week?

• George

July 21, 2021 at 10:56 am

Marshall is not playing this week. Hope that helps

13. Sam

July 19, 2021 at 5:51 pm

I benefited off the covid restrictions so no complaints there. But wanted to say that Walsh has buy far been my best upgrade this season. Absolute champ.

14. Willo

July 19, 2021 at 8:35 pm

thoughts on Tarryn Thomas

15. Stan

July 20, 2021 at 6:07 pm

I am thinking on trading out Josh Kelly and Dusty for Matt Kennedy and Clayton Oliver

Any thoughts about this trade ?

16. JOSH

July 20, 2021 at 8:52 pm

Hi LEGENDS, Could you please help me with my team quite clueless on what to do with my 2 trades this week cheers

DEF: HALL, CRISP, STEWART, CUMMING, HOUSTON, BIANCO

MIDS: MITCHELL, MERRETT, PARISH, WALSH, TARANTO, MACRAE, OLIVER, NEALE

RUCS: GRUNDY, GAWN

FWDS: ZORKO, KELLY, DE GOAT, STRINGER, AMARTEY, BRAMBLE

LIMITLESS CASH LEFT OVER AROUND 20K AND NOT MUCH MONEY ON MY BENCH AS I HAVE ALREADY CASHED OUT ON IT CHEERS.

17. Jay

July 20, 2021 at 9:01 pm

Which 2 has to go this week ??

Houston/ Robertson/ Amartey

18. Bill

July 21, 2021 at 8:35 pm

The censorship on this site is over the top. No wonder participation has dropped to such an extent.

• Warnie

July 21, 2021 at 8:59 pm

What censorship? There’s a profanity filter on and some trolls have been banned, but that’s about it. Have you posted stuff that hasn’t gone through? If so, it was to do with your comments and the keywords you had used.

• Bill

July 21, 2021 at 9:20 pm

If you post an innocent comment and are attacked by an idiot, you have no option but respond in kind. Then your comment is deleted.
        Big feller, are you supposed to cop abuse on this site and not respond?

• Phteven

July 22, 2021 at 2:26 pm

Don’t respond. Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

• Bill

July 24, 2021 at 11:27 pm

Fair point.
            Or, never get upset with trolls- that’s what they want you to do.

19. David C

July 22, 2021 at 12:43 pm

So 2 einstein coaches have bought in Dusty this week!

• Jay

July 22, 2021 at 3:24 pm

Tanking if I ever seen

20. Jake

July 22, 2021 at 6:43 pm

What forward do I bring in for dusty with 816K??

I’ve got Kelly, Hall, De Goat, Smith, Dusty (being traded), Poulter

21. Jaiden

July 23, 2021 at 11:31 am

Trade cummimg or Houston, will get a midfielder
    719k cumming which could get fiorini
    669k Houston miss fiorini but could try gaff or save abit more and get t Kelly

22. Kurt

July 23, 2021 at 4:30 pm

West and Lloyd, or Walsh and Lloyd by trading Mills? Need the win this week. Would really appreciate any input, thanks

23. Rob.

July 23, 2021 at 6:33 pm

hey everyone, Can I please have a pointer or two,

I have 411k and one trade left, obviously it’ll be an upgrade. Just waiting as long as I can on kelly etc. Decided to keep Mills so next week I’ll have Hall or Ziebell back in the FWD line. I’m a bit unsure what move to make. Any help would be appreciated. Here’s my team,

D: Hall, Ziebell, Laird, Short, RIdley, Lloyd (Mills, Walker)
    M: MacRae, Taranto, Lyons, Oliver, Merrett, Mitchell, Neale, Sharp (O’Connor, West)
    R: Gawn, Grundy, (Ryan)
    F: Zorko, Kelly, DeGoey, Stringer, Bramble, Ginivan, (Briggs, MacRae)
    UTL: Frederick

Bring in Danger getting Ginivan to the bench, and next week Bramble to the bench also?, take the risk on ginivan and upgrade sharp to a big gun?

Thanks.