Podcast

Round 12 teams, trade targets, captains, your questions – Ep. 437

PODCAST: Catch the replay of the round 12 live show from Calvin and Warnie.

Catch The Traders every Thursday evening from 6:15pm AEST as they talk the teams for the upcoming round. Head to facebook.com/AFLFantasyOfficial to join the show. Ask your questions in the comments or via Twitter as Roy, Calvin and Warnie help you get set for lockout.

Click here to download.

Find the podcast

1. Nathan Grant

June 3, 2021 at 7:36 pm

I have F.Macrae, T.Wison & Highmore as emergency & 19 players playing as 18th & 19th man are H.Jones and Bianco. I traded out Warner, but should I trade out 1 of the emergency’s instead as I only have a solid 15 next week?

• Aby Benny

June 4, 2021 at 8:28 am

If it will help you field 18 next week, then yes. You could use all your 3 trades next week to get 3 players in without a bye, but then a rookie could be dropped that you are relying on. So I’d play it safe and keep warner. He has a good run, might as well hold him until his bye.

2. Dukx

June 3, 2021 at 8:25 pm

No mention of B Williams from WCE in the Ruck even though O Allen is out. He was in my thinking at first, but no for me. But thanks guys for the info about Heeney

3. Kent

I would go Daily Bale for upside

5. DylPat

June 3, 2021 at 10:25 pm

H.Jones to Heeney or T.Phillips to Zorko

• Aby Benny

June 4, 2021 at 8:29 am

First option, but depends on your bye structure.

6. Damo

June 3, 2021 at 10:27 pm

Harmes + 53k or Hunter

7. Kate

June 4, 2021 at 6:56 am

Had plans to bring in Madden as utility. Thoughts on O’Connor on mid bench for cash? Realise JS an issue, just not many options under 230k for cash gen (hoping to listen to the podcast today!)

• Kate

June 4, 2021 at 7:00 am

Otherwise a young ruck..

• Aby Benny

June 4, 2021 at 8:29 am

reeves still and optoin

• Cooper

June 4, 2021 at 8:33 am

I think so

• Kate

June 4, 2021 at 8:34 am

Can’t afford him (245) due to my other trades, so plan to bring him in next week

• Bec

June 4, 2021 at 10:43 am

hey Kate don’t know much about the Sydney RUK and don’t know about JS.
            I was going to bring in M.Lynch who has RUK/FWD and as Grundy is supposed to be out for 2-3 weeks thought his JS should be okay.

But then I want to bring in Reeves next week, think he has better JS and thought if I bring Lynch going to be unballanced, but at least I can throw Lynch FWD as I’m keeping Grundy and not trading.

Reeves will be my R3 once I can get Flynn out after round 15.

So i’m thinking of brining in Luke Edwards (MID) from Eagles with Kelley out might be better JS and in the mid.

I just don’t know I have 18 players its just that last spot Im not sure on.

any help

from the girl who loves her feet slimed

• Kate

June 4, 2021 at 2:06 pm

Sounds like a good plan if you do that (edwards over o’connor, and lynch for now). I’ve brought in Harmes, Bianco and Lynch (R3) and got rid of some dead weight so not stressed too much as anything is better than the 3 I’m trading out!

• Bec

June 4, 2021 at 7:39 pm

Ive had Harmes for a few weeks know, and have been well pleased, cheap and putting out decent scores.
                Hope he goes good tonight, there looking to use him as a tagger, but he has been winning his own ball which is good.

from the girl who loves her feet slimed

8. Bean

June 4, 2021 at 8:35 am

Guys, can you stop normalizing punting on footy? I know they’re an AFL sponsor, but a lot of young, impressionable kids listen to the podcast, and a lot of adults struggle with it. Take a stand!

9. Mad Fish

June 4, 2021 at 10:17 am

Trade Warner or Powell? Grab Heeney or Dusty?

10. Tom

June 4, 2021 at 10:29 am

Harmes or Heeney this week?

11. Rogo

June 4, 2021 at 10:34 am

Currently gone:
    Grundy to Oliver through Burgess DPP
    Phillips to O’Connor
    Warner to Heeney

Stuck between getting a premo now or building up some cash to upgrade and maximise points over round 13 14.

Could easily go harmes or Hunter over heeney, Steele over Oliver etc could even go both harmes and heeney but not sure if that’s too midpricey, any opinions? Next week I can trade Jordon Highmore and Flynn for cash to Whitfield Reeves and someone else around 600k with the existing trades here, harmes or Hunter obvs costs more than heeney so would leave less than 600k for the third player if I went that route

12. Ashley

June 4, 2021 at 11:57 am

Currently team is
    D: Stewart, Laird, Docherty, Harmes, Cumming, Idun (Koschitzke, Burgess)
    M: Oliver, Merrett, Lyons, Taranto, Macrae, Jordan, Byrnes, RCD (S Berry, Bianco)
    R: Gawn, Grundy (Flynn)
    F: Kelly, Zorko, Hind, Phillips, Perkins, Poulter (Rowe, Jones)
    U: Meek
    Cash: 78k
    Does this get tick of approval:
    Out: S Berry, Meek, Rowe
    In; O’Connor, Reeves, Heeney
    Any other options would be considered. Would prefer to hold Grundy because I think I could end up with a better team after the byes by holding Grundy.

13. Art Vandelay

June 4, 2021 at 12:24 pm

Hardest round for trades yet for me.

DEF: Laird, Docherty, Crisp, Daniel, Cumming, Idun, Highmore, Bianco
    MID: Macrae, Mitchell, Merrett, Taranto, Jordan, RCD, Robertson, Poulter, lazzaro
    R: Gawn, Grundy, Meek
    FWD: Hall, Kelly, Hind, Martin, Heeney, Phillips, Warner, Wilson, Brockman
    U: Treacy

Trades atm:
    Grundy to RoB
    Lazzaro to O’Connor
    Idun to Harmes

Really no idea tho 🤷

• Cody

June 4, 2021 at 6:29 pm

u could get rid of grundy for someone like a reeves and double upgrade other two positionss. still think someone like sean darcy is much safer than rob this season

14. Dulcify

June 4, 2021 at 2:56 pm

With the AFL throwing another curve ball at us by considering bringing forward the Eagles v Richmond round 14 clash to round 13 then both teams having their bye in round 14, would this move have any effect on how people go about their trades for this week?

15. texantexan

June 4, 2021 at 4:36 pm

What’s the word on Calvarino $170K DEF? JS, scoring potential etc, can’t find much talk on him at all.

• Bec

June 4, 2021 at 5:27 pm

put it this way, he played last week and scored 24-or 25 i think.
      He’s keeping out Highmore.

Look he might be ok he’s played a game and did go up or down, so u could say that its his first game this week lol.

I don’t think any of the saints are safe lol

from the girl who loves her feet slimed

16. texantexan

June 4, 2021 at 4:36 pm

*Clavarino!

17. Cody

June 4, 2021 at 6:27 pm

i have 18 playing this week if treacy gets picked. even tho not great for this week helps my set up massively next few weeks so i assume right idea?

18. Aaron

June 4, 2021 at 6:45 pm

Thoughts on Rantall and edwards. Who’s best to trade in?

• Brucey Don't Like Rusty

June 4, 2021 at 6:49 pm

Edwards or maybe O’Connor instead of Rantall IMO

19. Fishxma

June 4, 2021 at 11:50 pm

Thoughts on Heeney and extra cash or Sidebottom?

• CJ

June 5, 2021 at 10:55 am

I’m deciding whether to bring sidey in. Got Henry last week. Low be and still cheap. Probably go heeney if I was you. Depends on bye structure too.

20. CJ

June 5, 2021 at 10:54 am

Thoughts on cripps or sidey?

Finally getting rid of Phillips