Podcast

Round 9 trade targets, captains, your questions – Ep. 431

PODCAST: Get set for round nine with Roy, Calvin and Warnie.

It’s our last Thursday night before we get our precious Thursday teams back, so we’ll do our best to get you ready for round nine with all the news, selection issues, top trades, captains and answers to your questions. Let’s go!

Click here to download.

Episode guide

1:15 – How the teams will be released from next week.

3:00 – Friday night teams are in with Tom Highmore one of the ins for the Saints.

5:20 – Tom Wilson (FWD, $170k) has a basketball background, great VFL numbers and a Fantasy friendly role.

7:30 – Calvin is excited about Ronin O’Connor (MID, $170k) for the Crows.

12:00 – Could Sam Hayes (RUC, $170k) play for Port Adelaide this week?

14:15 – Will James Worpel‘s numbers drop with Jaeger O’Meara returning to the team?

16:30 – The most traded players are discussed. Jaidyn Stephenson is the most traded out while fellow Roo Aaron Hall is the most traded in.

19:10 – Calvin runs through his best captain options for the round with Mitch Duncan the best option to kick the round off.

23:30 – Are there any issue with the VC loophole this round?

25:00 – Questions from social media – follow @AFLFantasy on Twitter and like the Official AFL Fantasy facebook page.

29:30 – Jacob Koschitzke to James Harmes is a great move to make if you can.

37:00 – Callum Mills v Jake Lloyd.

39:20 – At $590k, Dustin Martin is incredible value. Do you wait a week?

Find the podcast

1. James

May 13, 2021 at 8:48 pm

Kosi to Dusty or Meek to Rozee?

• Warnie

May 13, 2021 at 9:53 pm

Meek to Rozee. Gets a rookie off field.

2. Sfjd

May 13, 2021 at 9:42 pm

Byrnes or Highmore?

3. Dukx

May 13, 2021 at 10:04 pm

I need to get rid of Tex and Stephenson. Bringing in Harms and J Kelly

• Jame

May 13, 2021 at 10:29 pm

same but titch and J Kelly

4. Jason

May 13, 2021 at 10:49 pm

Don’t have Hall, have to trade out Stephenson.
    Thinking either ;
    1. Stephenson to Hall and downgrading a bench player for cash for next week, or
    2. Stephenson to Rozee and Cox to Harmes?

• Dukx

May 14, 2021 at 10:58 am

If I was you Jason I’ would be bringing in Hall. I use to watch him at the Suns every week then he got dropped and couldn’t get a game. Then traded to Nth and couldn’t get a game with them. Then along comes a new coach in Mr Noble and is playing Hall every game possible. Look at DTlive and see how his scores progress. I brought him in last week and towards the end of the 3rd Qtr I thought the best move I have made in Dream Team was bringing him in and putting the C on him

5. Nick

May 13, 2021 at 10:49 pm

Scholl to harmes as a mini cash grab or remove a red dot from the bench?

6. AGod

May 13, 2021 at 11:34 pm

I have $$$s to spend on anyone, can be in any part of the field (rucks set though). Do I go Duncan for fixtures, Titch/Gaff for ceiling, Lyons for POD or Mills/Lloyd for backline?

7. Brad Johns

May 14, 2021 at 7:38 am

Im thinking lyons atm, pod and consistent. What happened to the rollong 22?

8. Thebopper58

May 14, 2021 at 8:57 am

Warnie

Great to be able to watch the podcast live again
    Just a few things aesthetically – maybe if you can find the old background you had in Roy’s dungeon to block out the silhouettes in the windows and maybe get a bigger desk???
    You didn’t you do awhile back a mock league teams in a studio – that was a great desk
    Let’s be more professional for millions of followers :)

Great to have Thursday night teams back – normality!!!!!

• Blood Brothers

May 14, 2021 at 10:27 am

Is Ronin O’Connor confirmed for Sunday?

9. Thebopper58

May 14, 2021 at 11:44 am

BB

Watch on the Adelaide site how Nicks told him if you’ve got doubts
    Sounds like he likes a cuddle which is a good start

• Blood Brothers

May 14, 2021 at 12:02 pm

Now I’m torn between Wilson & O’Connor…
      Sounds like both could score OK, so it’s more a consideration of job security.

10. Ashley

May 14, 2021 at 11:47 am

I did post in another topic, but suspect that it isn’t being seen, sorry if this isn’t the correct topic for this

Have a couple of trade options in mind:
    Option 1:
    S Berry > Byrnes
    Koschitzke > Harmes
    Leaves me with 1k which isn’t ideal, but should allow me to get Kelly next week with Fantasia and either Flynn/Campbell

Option 2:
    Campbell > Byrnes
    Fantasia > Kelly
    Leaves me with 4k, which also isn’t ideal but is upgrading the team

Current team looks like:
    D: Docherty, Laird, Stewart, Cumming, Hind, Idun (Koschitzke, Burgess)
    M: Merrett, Lyons, Oliver, Taranto, Macrae, Powell, Jordon, RCD (Campbell, S Berry)
    R: Gawn, Grundy (Flynn)
    F: Phillips, Fantasia, Farrar, Perkins, Warner, Bergman (Rowe, Jones)
    U: Meek
    Cash: 74k
    Are these the best two options? And which looks better long term?

11. Callan

May 14, 2021 at 12:12 pm

byrnes + hall
    or
    r o’connor + mills

• Ashley

May 14, 2021 at 4:49 pm

Depends if you’re fielding either Byrnes or O’Connor. If you are fielding one of them, Hall and Byrnes might be the better overall option despite Mills being the better player.

12. Jezza

May 14, 2021 at 3:15 pm

Stephenson to Duncan with 140k left
    Or to Kelly with 333k left for next weeks upgrades
    What’s more worth it?

• Steve

May 14, 2021 at 5:11 pm

I went Stephenson to Sheed which leaves me cash to do Duncan next week maybe, however the bye rounds are coming so be careful which premium u trade in Good Luck buddy 👍

13. Jezza

May 14, 2021 at 5:20 pm

I like sheed and he should have a massive score vs Adelaide, Im just cautious of bringing in a player I’m gonna trade later on anyway whereas with JKelly & Duncan they will be in my side rest of the year bar any injuries haha

14. Bill

May 15, 2021 at 6:43 pm

Time for Powell to go?

• Lyin' Lizzy

May 15, 2021 at 9:36 pm

I will trade Powell. Misses 1st Bye

• Blood Brothers

May 16, 2021 at 7:47 am

Powell, and Fantasia, are both featuring heavily in my Sunday trade deliberations.
        But there’s still 3 games and a lot of water to pass under the Rd 9 bridge…

• Bill

May 16, 2021 at 1:32 pm

Far too many passengers in my team- can’t wait for the three trades a week during the byes.

15. Dukx

May 16, 2021 at 11:04 am

I see N Newman is back playing for Carlton is it a good idea to pick him up straight awy if he plays well?

16. Bill

May 16, 2021 at 2:45 pm

So Essendon are ‘managing’ Cox but select him as the injury sub?
    If gets on he goes down in value…