My Team

My Team 2021: Rd. 9

Discuss your potential trades.

Discuss your team, strategy, players, etc. in this post. Offer up constructive comments if you want questions answered yourself! Be a giver, not just a taker! This is a great community and we want it to stay that way. We love banter as much as the next person, just keep it clean!

For season stats, head to dtlive.com.au’s Data View.

Fantasy points for and against – season

CLUBPTS
STK1561.83.91.31653.941.5
SYD1563.830.81453.620.5
WB1662.94.91.31458.31.90.5
WCE1559.33.41.31589.63.51

1. Blood Brothers

May 10, 2021 at 2:46 pm

You’ve missed the instant sugar hit price rise on both, so for mine it becomes a question of JS, and given how long it’s taken RCD to get into the Tiger’s starting 22, and Richmond being where they are compared to the Pies being more likely to ‘play the kids’, I’d be leaning towards Poultry.
    Other than that, I think their output is likely to be comparable imo.

• Blood Brothers

May 10, 2021 at 2:47 pm

That was a reply to Double Park’s post about RCD v Poultry.

2. Bobbie

May 10, 2021 at 2:49 pm

Thoughts on Brad Crouch? Heavily underpriced at 657k, back to back 100’s and R14 bye

• Jezza

May 10, 2021 at 3:34 pm

Only saints player worth getting is Jack Steele

May 10, 2021 at 6:16 pm

Don’t hate it as a unique, but if you’ve got a few PODs already, I don’t think it’s worth it.

3. Josh

May 10, 2021 at 4:12 pm

anyone reckon Hall is a trap?

• Blood Brothers

May 10, 2021 at 6:34 pm

Nope.

• Will

May 12, 2021 at 2:49 pm

Like so many players, its all down to role. Has been for years. Macrae 80s vs 140s – role. Josh Kelly 70s vs 120s – role. Aaron Hall – 30s vs 130s – role.

• The Cricket

May 14, 2021 at 12:22 pm

Yep!
      Two things, he’s very injury prone and how will Stephenson’s absence affect his game?
      I’m not going near it. Been there before lol

4. Michael

May 10, 2021 at 4:21 pm

Anyone have any suggestions with what I should do with my team? I have 200k in the bank

Def-
    Docherty, Laird, Stewart, Cumming, Bergman, Ziebell (kozi, L.Jones)

Mid-
    Merrett, macrae, Taranto, Walsh, Warner, Powell, Jordan, RCD (Martyn, F.Macrae)

Ruck-
    Gawn, Grundy (meek)

Fwd-
    Kelly, Stephenson, Phillips, Farrar,
    A. Scott, Hind (H.Jones, Briggs)

Utl- Paul hunter

May 10, 2021 at 6:21 pm

I’d want to get Scott off ground. I’d also want to fix up some red dots, because your team is in good shape. I’d want to get Meek or Hunter out, I hated having a RUC in my UTL slot, offered no flexibility at all. So I’d get one of them out then another red dot.

You could even trade both Meek and Hunter out. Gawn and Grundy have the same bye, so if Stef Martin’s injury is bad, Sweet would give you a ruck in R14. Could use the other trade to get Byrnes and get him on field for Scott (through some DPP work).

• Nikki

May 11, 2021 at 2:05 pm

I would go Stephenson and Hunter to Harmes and Rozzee. Bergman can go FWD for Scott.

5. Brian Smith

May 10, 2021 at 4:32 pm

Farrar to Rozee

6. cody

May 10, 2021 at 4:41 pm

DEF: Laird, Stewart, Scholl, Daniel, Cumming, Burgess(Kosi, Highmore)
    Mid: Zerret, Taranto, Walsh, Treloar, Brayshaw, Powell, Jordon, Byrnes(Marcrae, Mead)
    Ruck:Grundy Lycett
    Fwd: Kelly, Stephenson, Hind, Phillips, Bergman, Farrar (treacy, cahill)
    UT: Jones
    No clue what to do w around 300k in the bank
    Might get to gawn and go macrae to rcd
    Thoughts

May 10, 2021 at 6:26 pm

Lycett will be suspended so Lycett -> Gawn is a lock. That gives you $90k left.

I think your next priority is getting Burgess off field. You could do Jones -> RCD then swap RCD with Powell, Powell with Bergman and Bergman with Burgess. So essentially you get RCD on field over Burgess (+10-15 points on average plus good cash generation).

• Cody

May 10, 2021 at 9:48 pm

sounds good but the only problem now is that stephensons out for 4-6 weeks so he has to go. Thinking i might go to harmes for a pod

May 11, 2021 at 12:11 am

Yeah he does have to go. If you do that, then Koschitzke will be on your field over Burgess (which I’d probably prefer anyway).

7. Brian Smith

May 10, 2021 at 4:52 pm

Moving Fanta or Phillips (FWD) on, and so far I only have 13 players for R12 bye. Do I get Billings/Bolton/I.Smith to improve my R12 team, or JKelly and risk a donut in R12?

May 10, 2021 at 6:30 pm

I don’t think you’d be risking a donut, it’s only R9 so you’ve got plenty of time to fix up your bye structure still. If that’s who you want, go for it. I was going to say I like I.Smith but he has the R12 bye too unfortunately. Also, if you move Fantasia/Phillips out, they both have the R12 bye so you’re not actually increasing the amount of players you have with that bye.

8. Tony

May 10, 2021 at 5:24 pm

Should I keep dusty or get rid of him (break even-126)

May 10, 2021 at 6:37 pm

Depends on the rest of your team. In my eyes he’s a lower priority than bad rookies on-field or no bench cover. If you’re in a position for luxury trades, he can go.

9. Marc Russell

May 10, 2021 at 6:44 pm

Carnage Continues
    Shai Bolton Fractured Wrist in nightclub fight

• Brian Smith

May 10, 2021 at 7:57 pm

WTF?! Really? Makes my choices easier for trades this week!!

10. Jim

May 10, 2021 at 7:40 pm

Who to trade out:

Warner
    Markov
    Tom Phillips
    Cumming

Hall will be coming in.

Cheers

• Jay

May 10, 2021 at 8:37 pm

Warner

• Jim

May 10, 2021 at 8:49 pm

That’s what I was thinking, but in terms of the byes the other three have the first bye. All are priced in the $500ks so could be viewed as all mid pricers too. Maybe I’m overthinking it…?

May 11, 2021 at 12:13 am

Gotta be Phillips, I wouldn’t wanna trade Warner out because of his bye. Especially not for someone with the R12 bye.

• Aby Benny

May 11, 2021 at 1:15 pm

Phillips, his ceiling is 85 lol

11. Jay

May 10, 2021 at 8:37 pm

Who to get in
    Parish/ guthrie/ mills/ titch 🤔

• Jim

May 10, 2021 at 8:52 pm

I’m looking at Titch after his bye. The others are all good. Possibly Guthrie then Mills and Parish. Tough call.

May 11, 2021 at 12:14 am

I like Mills, had him on my radar for a while and can finally get him in this week. He should be D1 so no risk with him.

12. jack

May 10, 2021 at 9:22 pm

Currently ranked 1,795 any advice on what i should do with 202k in the bank.
    DEF
    Ziebell, Laird, Short, Hind, Cumming, C.J ( L.Jones, Prior)
    MID
    Macrae, Merrett, TT, Walsh, Titch, Byrnes, RCD, Jordan ( Scott, Ronin O’Connor)
    RUCK
    Grundy, McEvoy (Flynn)
    FWD
    Kelly, Stevo, Warner, Powell, Farrar, Gulden( Macrae, Brockman)
    UTL
    (Kosi)
    Just heard Stevo will be out so i was thinking stevo & gulden to Harmes & Hall
    really not sure tho
    Any Suggestions???

May 11, 2021 at 12:16 am

Like it.

• Daniel

May 11, 2021 at 6:13 pm

get gawn. next week I would be upgrading big boy to gawn as he bottoms out in price. you are in a great spot, well done. good luck

13. Ryan

May 10, 2021 at 10:15 pm

Walsh, Parish or McCluggage?

14. Ando the brain dead barfly

May 10, 2021 at 10:52 pm

Connor Rozee or Bailey Dale?

May 11, 2021 at 12:20 am

Don’t really like either. Rozee out of the two but there’s better options. You can basically get Ridley for Dale’s price. You can get Daniel.

15. Caleb

May 10, 2021 at 10:56 pm

Now thinking Gulden to J.Kelly and Rowe to Harmes? Leaves 7k or instead of 2nd trade I go Hunter to Poulter and leaves 187k

May 11, 2021 at 12:17 am

Nah, first set of trades is great. Improves your team a lot. Hopefully Rowe is bench and you can get someone like Koschitzke off your field.

16. Fishxma

May 11, 2021 at 12:26 am

Hi guys – have macrae Merrett TT and Mitchell – what next keeper midfielder to get in? Price no problem after other trade – thoughts please

May 11, 2021 at 12:49 am

How does your bye structure look? If you’re heavy on R12 bye players I’d be avoiding getting another one…that rules out Duncan, Guthrie, Miller, Ellis.

Steele and Lyons are solid picks but they don’t offer much value.

I like Gaff. He plays 8/14 remaining games at home, where he’s noticeably better. Also averages 112 in the last five games, not including the 154 he scored in R3.

If you want a lot of value, I’d go with Sloane. Adelaide play 4 of the easiest 8 teams to score against in the lead up to the bye, including Collingwood. Plus, he’s really cheap at $648k. Could easily rise $100k.

They’re the premiums I like. Some more picks like Parish who will be good but I personally don’t like. I like my premiums to have proven scoring in previous seasons.

Good luck, whoever you choose!

17. Fishxma

May 11, 2021 at 1:04 am

Thanks Ethan F – out of Steele/Lyons/gaff (what about C Mills ) do u think much difference overall? Like your thoughts on gaff and being an eagles supporter probably go that way

May 11, 2021 at 10:31 am

I would’ve said Mills but you said keeper MID (you’d want Mills on your DEF line ideally). I’m getting Mills in this week, so that tells you how much I rate him. Will be top 3 DEF for sure. Him above Gaff for me.

18. Fishxma

May 11, 2021 at 1:11 am

So Gaff or Mills(dpp and has nice run over next few weeks)?

19. Marc Russell

May 11, 2021 at 5:45 am

More Carnage Jaidyn Stephenson Wrist Surgery

20. Justin Stitchup

May 11, 2021 at 6:45 am

Bont or Lyons?

May 11, 2021 at 10:32 am

Lyons for me. More consistent with his scoring.

21. Dilemma

May 11, 2021 at 8:58 am

Help!!!

I need to get rid of Stephenson and Gulden this week.

Should I go:

1. Titch and Poulter
    2. Grundy and RCD

Currently I’m rolling with Burgess/Flynn in R2.

Thanks in advance!!!

• Cody

May 11, 2021 at 9:53 am

prolly 2 to get the set and forget rucks as fast as u can

May 11, 2021 at 10:32 am

22. Cody

May 11, 2021 at 9:52 am

two forced trades in lycett and stephenson. Gonna go max for lycett, should i get in RCD and a heap of extra cash for stephenson or go a harmes or a hall

May 11, 2021 at 10:35 am

Harmes in this situation for me. Hall has the R12 bye, if you didn’t pick him up last week vs Collingwood I’d say don’t worry about him.

23. Jay

May 11, 2021 at 11:38 am

1st trade is Stephenson (forced)
    Who for 2nd trade : cox (68 BE) gulden (88 BE) or Robertson (52 BE)

May 11, 2021 at 12:17 pm

Probably Cox for me. Gulden has Collingwood so you can wait another week on him. Robertson isn’t losing any money yet and can easily get 52. Gulden is $47k more than Cox though. If you need that money to reach a trade target then just trade him out.

24. James

May 11, 2021 at 1:36 pm

Sharp/ Flynn/ treacy/ brockman – any of these guys be playing again soon or should offload sooner than later, what order to trade out

• Daniel

May 11, 2021 at 6:11 pm

brockman should be playing again, but the problem is that there is no meat on the bone with sharp and treacy. the order is flynn, treacy sharp and brockman for me, but if brock isnt named he’s second

May 11, 2021 at 8:41 pm

Sharp/Treacy go first, then Flynn, then Brockman in my opinion.

25. Jason

May 11, 2021 at 6:12 pm

Stephenson to Hall (I have a bit of cash), or
    Downgrade an offield Rookie and get Stephenson up to the likes of Titch/Gaff or Bont ?

May 11, 2021 at 8:42 pm

2. Rosas could be good on debut.

26. Harmes

May 11, 2021 at 8:03 pm

Best trade

1. Powell to Gaff or
    2. Warner to B Crouch?

27. JT & Frenchy, Gangsta Boyz

May 11, 2021 at 8:07 pm

Who is priority Trade Out?
    Jordan Clark or Gulden?

May 11, 2021 at 8:43 pm

Both but Clark goes first. I like Gulden’s matchup this week.

28. Taylor

May 11, 2021 at 10:41 pm

Who would you guys grab between Daniel and Harmes?

May 12, 2021 at 1:58 am

I like Harmes, but I was burnt by Daniel’s 20 earlier in the season. Daniel has shown he can go higher than what Harmes has, but I still like Harmes.

29. Fishxma

May 11, 2021 at 11:56 pm

Team Fishxma – 41k in bank

Laird Short Hind Sholl Markov Fantasia (kozi highmore)
    Macrae Merrett TT Mitchell Heppell Powell Jordan RCD (Sharp Scott)
    Gawn O’Brien ( Flynn Hunter)
    Ziebell Hall Stephenson Phillips Warner Bergman (Rowe Robertson)

Need to get rid of Stephenson? Was looking at Warner to Poulter and then Stephenson to Mills/gaff via Powell to forwards

or does anyone have better options??? Ranked 1629

May 12, 2021 at 2:01 am

That doesn’t feel like much of an improvment to me. Would rather generate the cash by doing Rowe -> Rosas.

• Fishxma

May 12, 2021 at 2:50 am

What would other trade be in your opinion Ethan?

• Fishxma

May 12, 2021 at 2:55 am

If Rowe to Rosas Stephenson to ? (Can get any fwd/mid/def)

May 12, 2021 at 10:27 am

Mills is my favourite right now considering price and bye round.

30. Stimpy

May 12, 2021 at 12:21 am

Need some avdvice this week please Guys (Trent #Aluniesheis if your about)

DEF Whitfield,Laird,Ridley, Cumming,Cox, Kossi ( Mansell,Gould)

MIDS Macrae,Merrett,Taranto,Walsh,Gaff,Gulden,Jordon,RCD (Campbell,Brockman)

RUCKS Gawn, Grundy (Flynn)

FWDS Stephenson,Phillips,Powell,Bergman,Thilthorpe,Jones (Waterman,Macrae)

UTL Meek

CASH $141

Thinking..Gulden to Rozee Stephenson to Sheed,J Kelly T Kelly?

• Stimpy

May 12, 2021 at 12:34 am

Or Campbell down to Byrnes Stephenson up to one of the above options?

May 12, 2021 at 2:07 am

Campbell -> Byrnes then DPP Gulden with F.Macrae so Byrnes is on your field ahead of Jones. Easy +15 points average + a load of cash.

Means you can afford anyone from Stephenson then, but preferably a DEF or FWD because you don’t have easy DPP with your MID line (would undo the DPP work of your first trade). Mills and Kelly are good picks.

• Stimpy

May 12, 2021 at 8:01 am

Thanks mate

31. Fishxma

May 12, 2021 at 2:45 am

Highmore to harmes or Moore?

May 12, 2021 at 10:31 am

Would be Highmore -> Harmes but I prefer your other two trades (Rowe -> Rosas, Stephenson -> Mills). Gold Coast have had a lot of good small/medium forwards debut recently (Farrar, Rankine, Flanders).

32. Fishxma

May 12, 2021 at 3:03 am

If keep Warner (miss Poulter ) is Rowe to Rosas and Stephenson to Mills good trades?

• Leon

May 12, 2021 at 4:23 am

Fantasy coach projections…..

Can someone please explain when you click on a player to see there breakdown and projected score and price movements, why the first screen projected amount differs from the projected amount in the ‘upcoming fixtures’ column.

ie. Aaron hall has Rd.9 BE of 38 and projected score of 88 for a projected price change of $38k.
      Yet under his upcoming fixtures column for the same next round 9 game it shows a projected price change of $68k???

Why the big difference for the same Rd.9 game? Confusing…

33. Jack

May 12, 2021 at 11:32 am

thoughts on

Clark> Mills 150k in bank

brockman (not on field) > Guthrie 0k bank

with the second option collier dawkins will just come off my field

May 12, 2021 at 11:45 am

First option for sure, RCD is fine to be on your field, he will average 65+.

34. Lewis

May 12, 2021 at 3:54 pm

THOUGHTS PLEASE ???

DEF: Laird,Hind,Sholl,Daniel,Fantasia,Idun (Kosi,Highmore)
    MID: Macrae,Merrett,Taranto,Mitchell,Gaff,Treloar,Serong.Jordan (RCD,Rantall)
    RUC: Grundy,Gawn (Meek)
    FWD: Hall,Phillips,Powell,Warner,Bergman,Farrar (A.Scott, H.Jones)
    UTL: Robertson
    1K in bank

Any thoughts on what i can do here, I obviously need to downgrade for some cash so am thinking Meek to Cheap R3 and Robertson to a Poulter ?

May 12, 2021 at 4:44 pm

Bloody hell your team looks good.

Meek -> cheaper RUC, only problem is the cheapest playing RUC will probably be Sweet, who’s only $1k less. I’d rather having Sweet than some random $170k RUC though.

Robertson -> Rosas could be a good option. $170k and the Suns have had good debuting small/medium forwards recently (Rankine, Farrar, Flanders).

• Brian Smith

May 13, 2021 at 7:23 pm

You have no cash, so double down must happen. Dump one of Scott / Jones to Ralphsmith and Meek to Hayes. Or even both of Scott/Jones to Rosas & Ralphsmith. Also Highmore to Briggs worth a look.

35. Jack

May 12, 2021 at 4:08 pm

My team is pretty solid at the moment, just have a few must trades this week in Gulden and Stephenson. Just not sure if I should play it’s safe and bring in a premium with a late bye such as Steele along with a rook like Sweet or risk it and take Harmes and Hall who could be a must trade in just a matter of weeks.
    Any suggestions???

May 12, 2021 at 4:47 pm

If your team is solid and you don’t have many PODs and you have good bench cover, Harmes and Hall are fine to take as risks. I’d probably only want one though.

36. Creepy Brucey from ClownTown

May 12, 2021 at 4:44 pm

Duncan or Guthrie?

May 12, 2021 at 4:48 pm

Gotta be Duncan if you can afford him. Beware of the R12 bye though.

• Creepy Brucey from ClownTown

May 12, 2021 at 4:55 pm

I can just afford Duncan + Poulter so will lock those trades in. Cheers Ethan, Legend

37. Fishxma

May 12, 2021 at 7:42 pm

Who to get rid of and other one would be utility out of highmore and hunter from saints?

May 13, 2021 at 12:36 am

Has to be Hunter. I feel like Highmore just has to get more games.

38. Phil Gonga

Houston -> Sheed or Redden
    Stephenson -> Worpel

• Lucas

May 12, 2021 at 10:16 pm

First option, but try and get Hall and Josh Kelly

May 13, 2021 at 12:38 am

Hold Houston, plays easy games in the next three. Stephenson for Kelly in my opinion, fix up a red dot with the other if Houston is your next biggest issue.

39. John

May 12, 2021 at 10:55 pm

Sheed or Tim Kelly

40. Gazza

May 13, 2021 at 9:46 am

I have a lot of DNP’s and am stuck on what trades to do this week;

DEF: Docherty, Stewart, Short, Cumming, Idun, Jiath, ,Idun (Kosi, Highmore)
    MID: Merrett, Taranto, Mitchell, Treloar, Laird, Cunnington, Powell (Brockman , Downie)
    RUC: Gawn, O’Brien (Flynn)
    FWD: Dusty, Hind, Warner, Bergman, Robertson, Campbell (A.Scott, Macrae)
    UTL: Bryan
    ITB: $65k

Any suggestions?

May 13, 2021 at 10:36 am

Bad DPP options makes this quite hard.

I was gonna say Macrae -> Rosas if Macrae isn’t named, then Campbell (I assume it’s Braeden Campbell) -> Harmes. That would’ve been perfect, but no DPP options in your DEF line (only Koschitzke but that’d mean benching Idun and he’s been alright).

If you do Macrae -> Rosas, only other option anyone’s talking about at that price range is Rozee. I don’t love that personally but it’s better than Braeden Campbell.