My Team

My Team 2021: Rd. 7

Discuss your potential trades.

Discuss your team, strategy, players, etc. in this post. Offer up constructive comments if you want questions answered yourself! Be a giver, not just a taker! This is a great community and we want it to stay that way. We love banter as much as the next person, just keep it clean!

For season stats, head to dtlive.com.au’s Data View.

Fantasy points for and against – season

CLUBPTS
STK1484.83.211675.541.5
SYD1576.73.20.81412.81.50.7
WB1665.851.314791.80.5
WCE15542.81.31578.23.21

CJ

April 26, 2021 at 2:24 pm

Need to get rid of neale and dunkley. Do I go
    1. Macrae & Marshall (get Flynn off ground)
    2. Grundy & Fyfe or heppel?

Cam

April 26, 2021 at 2:37 pm

2 and Heppell

Ben

April 26, 2021 at 2:45 pm

IMO i think Macrae and Marshall will get a combined 210 points each week where as Grundy and Fyfe will get you say 190 on average. So its close but based on consistency id def go Option 1

Farmer wants a Fyfe

April 27, 2021 at 2:33 pm

I’d go option 2 and Fyfe over Heppell. Grundy is a must have at some point this season, and it’s the best chance you’ll have to pick him up without using multiple rookies to get to him.

Fyfe might be a top 6 forward, but Heppell won’t be a top 6 def. His 142 was seriously impressive, but it was against Collingwood (who give up points) and without Ridley (who takes kick outs / marks back there)

John

April 29, 2021 at 5:48 pm

Ziebell or Grundy

Ben

April 26, 2021 at 2:40 pm

Thoughts on

Rowe > Fredrick (port)
    Dunks > Ziebell
    202k in bank ??

Aby Benny

April 26, 2021 at 4:01 pm

Thoughts on Atu? -7BE 77 last week.

April 26, 2021 at 4:39 pm

I like him. Almost got him in last week but he was a bit behind Farrar to me. He’s a really solid cheaper option to Farrar and Robertson and I think he probably has better job security than Robertson,

Muddy Puddles

April 26, 2021 at 4:03 pm

I say no the Atu. Look elsewhere Benny Boy

Squid

April 26, 2021 at 4:06 pm

Thoughts on not having another 2 injuries to deal with next week, 0-1 or 2+?

Im going 0-1 because there’s not enough uninjured platers left in my team for more. What a season.

yep

April 26, 2021 at 4:37 pm

Dunkley and Daniel to, 1. Mcrae and Houston or
    2. Trealor and Ziebell

God of DT

April 26, 2021 at 8:37 pm

Macrae a must have

Cam

April 26, 2021 at 10:57 pm

Aby Benny

April 27, 2021 at 2:23 pm

1. Houstons a good defender as well yeah macrae must have.

J

April 26, 2021 at 4:56 pm

Hey guys, thoughts on these 2 options for DUNK and ROWE

1 Oliver and a downgrade playing Farrar on ground
    2 Sidebum and Fyfe/Brayshaw (get one more rook off the ground)

Cheers

Aby Benny

April 27, 2021 at 2:23 pm

Fantasy

April 26, 2021 at 5:04 pm

How many premiums and mid pricers should we be aiming to field for each bye round
    Currently im at 9 for R12, 13 for R13, 11 for R14

texwalker2024

April 26, 2021 at 6:23 pm

still a little bit early to be thinking about byes, get the best players possible and get cash rollin

gtrain

April 26, 2021 at 6:50 pm

Already have Ziebell in the backline, going to trade Dunkley to mills, chuck Ziebell forward, then Neale to anyone besides Oliver, already have Macrae Steele Taranto

God of DT

Ziebell and Farrar for sure

Aby Benny

April 27, 2021 at 2:24 pm

ziebell and farrar

Ben

April 26, 2021 at 11:24 pm

Hi crew, What are my options for a good cash cow I have 300k after making my first trade.
    Would be nice to have some coin after brining a rookie in.
    Thanks!

April 27, 2021 at 12:14 pm

Around that price tag and under are: Farrar ($304k), Bergman ($322k), Robertson ($313k), Bosenavulagi ($266k), Frederick ($198k). First three have better job security than the other two but are a bit over $300k. Bosenavulagi should stay in the team for a while and is getting some good scores. Frederick has best potential for cash generation but has probably the worst job security, and I doubt he’ll score 70 every game.

bob

April 26, 2021 at 11:36 pm

Will Clark play this week with Kolodjashnij and O’Connor Hamstring injuries?

April 27, 2021 at 12:15 pm

Probably but get him out if you can, he’s losing cash now on top of putting in bad scores.

Musca

April 27, 2021 at 12:22 am

Money not a problem, who is my best option to pick??
    Already doing
    Dunkley to mccrea
    And trading Sloane to any mid?
    Was thinking Oliver or petracca??
    ( already have Merrett, Walsh and Taranto)
    Any help would be great.

April 27, 2021 at 12:17 pm

I like Treloar. I can only see him doing better now that Dunkley is out. Plus, he’s underpriced still.

Habibi

April 27, 2021 at 2:24 am

Suh tein habibi, sloane to either petracca or Oliver is a great trade
    And Dunkley do the big doc Macca is a good one also
    Habibi styleZ

Harmes

April 27, 2021 at 4:50 am

Pick 1

Andy Brayshaw
    Sidebottom
    Zorko?

Aby Benny

April 27, 2021 at 2:24 pm

sidebottom

16. Fooz

Fooz

April 27, 2021 at 11:12 am

Lots of interesting scores over the weekend.
    While I’d like to consider Macrae or Ziebell (I just can’t do it) — It’d take a fair bit of faith in new rookies coming through to get there.

So – atm – Gulden + Perkins >
    Fredericks (DEF) + ?

For the price I’ve got the option of
    Ash – Whitfield coming back
    Amon – Keeping Rocky out of the team
    Heppell – coming off Collywobbles
    Parish – see above

I don’t really like any of them.
    I would like to see RCD named for Dusty this week, and Valente to at least get an Emergency spot.

Aby Benny

April 27, 2021 at 2:25 pm

parish is good

Simon

April 27, 2021 at 11:53 am

Dunkly to macre and neale to zebbel or heppel?

Wathen FC

April 27, 2021 at 4:45 pm

Two forced trades and another sub-par score, shaking my head. Just isn’t my season.

Rd6 Score: 1900 (lol)

Trades:
    OUT Dunkley, Dusty
    IN Mills, Treloar

Team:
    DEF Lloyd, Mills, Laird, Docherty, Jiath, Markov [Bergman, Koschitzke]
    MID Oliver, Merrett, Treloar, Gulden, Powell, Jordon, Campbell, Berry [McNeil, Brockman]
    RUC Gawn, Grundy [Flynn]
    FWD Stephenson, Phillips, Warner, N.Cox, A.Scott, Rowe [H.Jones, Treacy]
    UTL [Meek]

April 27, 2021 at 8:09 pm

If Worrell is named, get him in next week for Rowe, DPP so you can play Bergman on-field over Scott. Use that money to get Gulden to a fallen premium or someone else (I like Hately if he puts in a good score). I don’t know if you wanted advice but here’s mine haha

Harmes

April 27, 2021 at 4:52 pm

Best combo

1. Andy Brayshaw and Grundy
    2. Treloar and Jack Ziebell
    3. Treloar and Duncan?

1 2 or 3?

Ashley

April 27, 2021 at 6:16 pm

Cam

April 28, 2021 at 10:58 pm

1 but 2 is also good

Ashley

April 27, 2021 at 5:55 pm

D: Laird, Docherty, Stewart, Cumming, Hind, Idun (Burgess, Koschitzke)
    M: Oliver, Merrett, Dunkley, Taranto, Perkins, Powell, Gulden, Jordon (Berry, Campbell)
    R: Gawn, Grundy (Flynn)
    F: Martin, Phillips, Fantasia, Rowe, Macrae, Warner (Bergman, Jones)
    U: Meek
    Cash: 43k

Martin and Dunkley have to go, and can get any position that I would like. Not sure whether go get a premium mid or forward, and then settle with the other. I feel that my bench cover isn’t bad, but not sure if I want to hold Martin with the news that he is carrying a foot injury.

All that said, I am thinking of going Petracca/Duncan/Lyons and a forward/def for 662k/677k/684k. What are peoples thoughts on this move?

April 27, 2021 at 8:06 pm

I think you should get Macrae whilst you have the money to do so. You’ll want him by the end of the season. Downgrade to a cash cow for the other trade in my opinion, probably Farrar or Robertson. Also, field Bergman over Rowe.

Ashley

April 27, 2021 at 8:45 pm

Are you saying go from Dunkley and Martin to Macrae and a cash cow? That’ll leave a lot in the bank

April 27, 2021 at 9:31 pm

I think this is a situation where you need to think about what you’re going to do next week. Next week I think you should be looking to downgrade Campbell and upgrade Gulden (price not rising anymore). But, if you have a different plan, you might not have the cash to upgrade Gulden.

Easy way to get the cash to upgrade Gulden next week would be to downgrade Martin to one of the cash cows around the $300k mark (e.g. Farrar, Robertson, Thilthorpe, Bosenavulagi).

If you’re going to downgrade Campbell next week, you probably don’t have to do this, even though I think your cash generation and bench cover is a big issue. In which case, I’d go for Treloar (113 point average in last 4; underpriced) so you have $755k left. Sidebottom could be good, 130 last game and has a very favourable few games coming up. Mills (via DPP with Hind) is a really good option too.

Luke

April 27, 2021 at 5:58 pm

Anyone keen on Bolton or hall?
    Bolton 600k and scoring tones in a new role, 60 percent cbas. High risk or good play?
    Also the same as hall, averaged 100 in the past, sick role at North, 2 good games and then knocked on 35 in the first quarter, 550k.

April 27, 2021 at 8:00 pm

Not keen on Bolton. Hall could be an excellent value pick though. 111 average in his 2 non-injury affected games. Lock if you need someone at that price. You could get Heppell for a bit more though.

April 27, 2021 at 8:19 pm

Option 1: Dunkley & Meek/L.Jones -> Macrae & Bosenavulagi
    Option 2: Dunkley & MeekL.Jones -> any player $826k or under & Robertson
    Option 3: Dunkley & Gulden -> Macrae & Robertson

Want to get Robertson and but I’m short with Option 1. Want to get Macrae but I’m short with Option 2. I can get both with Option 3, but it means sacrificing Gulden (meaning Robertson will be on-field, and I don’t get to fix a red dot).
    Currently leaning towards Option 1, but I’m not too sure.
    Also, do I get out Meek or L.Jones? L.Jones is injured for another 3-4 weeks meaning he definitely won’t be named and Meek is unlikely, but possible. But getting Meek out means I have more flexibility with my UTL position as it isn’t just a red dot RUC sitting there.
    Thoughts?

Cam

April 28, 2021 at 11:04 pm

Meek might be named this week but if he isn’t then he won’t be in for a while, so if you can trade him. I’m thinking option 1 as well although if you could afford Farrar I’d do that and look to upgrade Gulden next week

April 29, 2021 at 1:46 pm

Already have Farrar as F6, Bosenavulagi will be bench (so Koschitzke is my DEF sub and Bosenavulagi is my FWD sub). Think I might just let Robertson go and do a big downgrade next week to get Gulden up to someone decent.

Ryan

April 28, 2021 at 1:43 pm

Ben Keays (714k, BE 68) Avg – 105.5 vs GWS
    or
    Brandon Ellis (775k, BE 102) Avg – 108.7 vs Collingwood

April 28, 2021 at 1:46 pm

I prefer Treloar or Mills. Out of those two though, Ellis pips Keays.

Cam

April 28, 2021 at 11:05 pm

Yeah there are better options than those too but I’d take Keays for consistency

Josh

April 28, 2021 at 2:57 pm

Is RCD a downgrade option from Campbell? The only thing concerning me is his job security but I wouldn’t mind having all the extra cash in hand.

Double Parked

April 28, 2021 at 3:07 pm

I’d have a look first. Worst case scenario if you don’t get him this week is he goes ~80 and goes up 35k and you get him still pretty cheap next week. Worst case scenario if you get him this week is he goes ~20, gets dropped, and becomes difficult to move on as he’ll be 170k. Would rather get Frederick or Atu for mine

G

April 28, 2021 at 8:55 pm

Needing to trade Dunkley and Neale in the Mids with 2K left in the kitty so $1,571 to spend. Thinking

Treloar + Mills ($69K)

But like the look of Trac (BEAST) or Duncan (POD) or Keays, (has that ship sailed) whats the best combo?

Cam

April 28, 2021 at 11:06 pm

Treloar and Trac I think

April 29, 2021 at 1:48 pm

I like Treloar and Mills, two really solid picks.

AshNGore

April 28, 2021 at 9:01 pm

Simple F6 question lads…Brockman, Rowe or Koschitzke

Cam

April 28, 2021 at 11:08 pm

Kosi, the other two probably won’t play

April 29, 2021 at 1:49 pm

Rowe is at home where he averages high (~73 from memory). Hawthorn are against St Kilda who are not too hard to score against. I think all of them will go 55+ but I’d personally go Koschitzke after last week.

Fantasy

April 28, 2021 at 9:34 pm

Dusty and Rowe to:
    Treloar and Atu
    Sidebum/fyfe/ anyone else under 728k and D rob

Cam

April 28, 2021 at 11:07 pm

John

April 30, 2021 at 9:44 am

Merrett or Petracca?

John

April 30, 2021 at 9:49 am

or Ziebell

April 30, 2021 at 11:13 am

If you have Macrae, I really like Touk Miller or Brandon Ellis right now. Ellis has gone under 104 just once this season, and hit 110 in 4/6 games. Miller is less consistent but has gone 130+ in 3/6 games. Plus, they have Collingwood and St Kilda in their next two games, two of the three easiest teams to score against.

Out of those you said, however, I’d want Merrett. He’ll be someone you want come season end, so might as well get him now.

Jason

April 30, 2021 at 3:43 pm

I have GWS Tom Green, who has been mostly disappointing, thoughts on midfielders to trade for him at a similar price or ideally lower ?

April 30, 2021 at 4:22 pm

J.Hately, D.Robertson, W.Drew.

W.Drew is averaging 69.2 if you take away his medical sub score. Doubts about job security, though.

D.Robertson has better job security after L.Neale’s injury and will increase in price a lot still. Doubts about his scoring consistency, though,

J.Hately was a popular option throughout pre-season but wasn’t named. Thinking of J.Hately myself to trade E.Gulden to next week if he does well again this week. Possible doubts about job security, but will score well if he plays.

Belly

April 30, 2021 at 5:21 pm

You could take a punt on Mathieson who is supposedly replacing Neale in the Midfield, also has the benefit of FWD status. $437k BE64
      It’s risky but it will definitely be unique!
      But really at that sort of price you should be either upgrading to a Premo or downgrading to a Rookie.