Podcast

Rowell, Dangerfield forced trades, ruck restructure, fix-it trades – Ep. 416

PODCAST: What should you do with your round two trades?

How good was it to have Fantasy back? There were plenty of highs and low(e)s out of the weekend with the rollercoaster of emotions of being a Fantasy coach on display in round one. The boys run through the issues out of the weekend including the Matt Rowell and Patrick Dangerfield trades as well as the under-performing premium rucks. Plenty of your questions are answered including what you should do with your fix-it trades this round.

Click here to download.

Episode guide

2:20 – Roy, Calvin and Warnie chat through their scores for the opening weekend.

4:45 – Nick Hind was impressive in his first hitout for the Bombers, racking up a ton.

8:00 – Plenty of players were disappointing in round one, including Calvin’s midfield gun Andrew Gaff.

11:50 – Matt Rowell and Patrick Dangerfield are two popular picks who will have stints on the sidelines and therefore, are must-trades.

17:30 – The focus for your team this week is fix-it trades.

22:15 – Roy is looking at getting Jye Caldwell and Jaidyn Stephenson based on their impressive round one showings.

25:10 – After one week, the Bulldogs’ midfielders look fine… but will this last?

27:50 – Rucks were an issue in round one with the big three – Max Gawn, Brodie Grundy and Reilly O’Brien – all scoring well-below their breakevens.

35:15 – Questions from social media – follow @AFLFantasy on Twitter and like the Official AFL Fantasy facebook page.

39:10 – Is Tom Mitchell back?

41:30 – New Sun Oleg Markov was one of the best defender scorers of the round. Is he a steal?

45:20 – Should we hold Jordan De Goey or look to move him on?

54:00 – Rookie roulette was back in full-force with everyone making a clanger or two with who to play on field.

55:30 – When should we use our trades during the rolling lockout?

Find the podcast

Dukx

March 22, 2021 at 2:24 pm

Seeing you could Trade players in up until the day b4 the game was good for me as Sunday morning I looked at my side and I had Toranto in my side but I Traded out Toranto and brought Tyson in to make a bit of cash and I also had Pearce on my backline so then I had 378K left. The reason I done that was because I wanted to bring Williams into my Backline. So I’ve made 2 Trades and have Zacy in my backline. That was one game now I have Mr Williams for the rest of the year

David C

March 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm

Probably get injured this week now.

Craig

March 22, 2021 at 3:31 pm

In the first two minutes…

Jerome

March 22, 2021 at 4:33 pm

Taranto out for Tyson is a pretty bad move tbh

Dukx

March 22, 2021 at 7:33 pm

I agree and it was a Trade I had to make if I wanted Williams

Dukx

March 22, 2021 at 7:36 pm

Plus I have been waiting for Tyson to play. The other week I saw a clip on the Nth sight with Noble saying he likes Tyson, and that was in my thoughts

Dan McDougall

March 22, 2021 at 4:57 pm

Lol.
    Oscard McDonald the sub scored 56 and lost $86K to a new price of $224K. Ummm, pretty sure there is something wrong here.

Aby Benny

March 22, 2021 at 5:12 pm

Should I downgrade Rowell to Sholl or Heppell?

Dukx

March 22, 2021 at 7:40 pm

I would bring in Sholl only because I think he could make more money. Heppell better player but with Adelaides young side I think I would choose Sholl. Just remember what Selby said its not about how the player scored its about who the player comes up against and look how the Lion’s scored.

Adzy

March 22, 2021 at 6:00 pm

Danger – Dunkley or hind?

Gawn to witts or arces to sheed

Jezza

March 22, 2021 at 9:17 pm

Roy Calvin and Warnie you guys forgot about Hickey in ruck 23 touches and 90 odd points

Adrian Boogaard

March 23, 2021 at 9:17 am

Warnie brings him up (49 min mark) and they talk about him for a minute or more.

I regret everything

March 22, 2021 at 11:35 pm

So, I had both Danger and Rowell. Living the dream.

Current trade sits at:
    Danger > Stephenson
    Rowell > Caldwell (Moved Caldwell to forward and Braeden Campbell to Mid).

Sholl or Caldwell I guess is my major question. 300k in the bank for the inevitable problem next week.

Owen

March 22, 2021 at 11:56 pm

Hi all,

Have 350 in the bank thinking Rowell to dusty and DeGoey to Rowe any thoughts, will put another 300 in the bank

Pow

March 23, 2021 at 12:53 am

Hi Owen I don’t think it’s a good move having 650k in the bank when that money could be earning points on field. Rowell to Dusty ok but surely you can turn Degoey into something decent. If not swapping rookies around for other rookies would be better

Owen

March 23, 2021 at 8:19 pm

Thanks Pow, think your right. Will go with the Dusty trade and look for another upgrade maybe De Goey to a Dunkley, if the current rooks keep playing

Jezza

March 23, 2021 at 11:02 am

What you fellas reckon, danger to Stephenson and then Matt rowell to either Caldwell or dusty and move them to forward for Campbell or Scott?