My Team

My Team 2020: Round 16

Discuss your round 16 moves.

Discuss your team, strategy, players, etc. in this post. Offer up constructive comments if you want questions answered yourself! Be a giver, not just a taker! This is a great community and we want it to stay that way. We love banter as much as the next person, just keep it clean!

For season stats, head to dtlive.com.au’s Data View.

Fantasy points for and against (season)

CLUBPTS
WB1219.83.511267.93.41.2
WCE1266.54.10.71239.33.51.1

Buy DT Talk Merchandise.

Big_

September 6, 2020 at 5:24 pm

Is Simpkin a must trade?
    Because I have a rook on field and want to go Marshall to Gawn next week

emily

September 6, 2020 at 5:56 pm

Big, the good thing u will find out early they play Sat arvo, but still could be ruled out was a huge knock
    but he really did look fine, didn’t even do a test from what I saw, but hey I’m not a Doc lol.

Look 2 c if Nic Nat doesn’t play the game against the saints (next game) as I think marshall will b fine.
    But insaying that Gawn is a big name and if your opponent doesn’t have him they maybe a goer

from the foot fetish girl

mmmmm feet in bake beans

Big_

September 6, 2020 at 7:09 pm

Cheers

emily

September 6, 2020 at 8:47 pm

so glad I didn’t get Gaff, that would have been a Gaff lol, glad i went with Steele. Extra cash but 54 pt difference
    having the best season I’ve ever had

from the foot fetish girl

mmmmm feet in yogurt

September 7, 2020 at 9:39 am

Cripps, Fyfe, B.Crouch, Taranto.

What do they score in your opinion?

Anyone else under 724k.

aby

September 7, 2020 at 11:58 am

crouch and taranto are the better options out of those 4

September 7, 2020 at 2:15 pm

I’m thinking I’ll go Taranto, it’s just I’m quite GWS heavy with Haynes, Williams, Whit and Cogs but I need to get Crisp in next week, and with already having Lloyd, Haynes, Doc, Stewart and Williams I will most likely move Williams up to Crisp so I get rid of one next week.

Crouch is also a good option, just seems even more inconstant with scoring which worries me.. on form all 4 options are pretty average but on ceiling I think Taranto, or Crouch like you said.

George

September 7, 2020 at 2:25 pm

On paper- If this week then go Taranto
          If next week then brouch.

So go Taranto

September 7, 2020 at 5:07 pm

Agreed. A Crouch will have De Boer. If Taranto can’t score this week than he never will. Just remember Williams is out.

Aby

September 7, 2020 at 3:46 pm

Zac Williams isn’t playing this week :(

September 7, 2020 at 4:04 pm

Source?

September 7, 2020 at 4:35 pm

Forget it, you were all over it.. haha thanks.

Aby

September 7, 2020 at 3:49 pm

Ollie wines could be a good option, 81,95, BYE, 100 last 4. I’d go with him.

September 7, 2020 at 4:05 pm

Wines is locked from playing first game, or do you mean next week?

aby

September 8, 2020 at 5:33 pm

yeah for next week

Jeff

September 7, 2020 at 2:23 pm

1. Greenwood and get 650k def next week Field Simpkin
    2. Zorko and get 550k def next week field Simpkin
    3. Zorko and trade Simpkin next week and field Riccardi

September 7, 2020 at 4:06 pm

Simpkin is injured (Concussed) and with 2 in short time there is a good chance he misses next week so best to put that into your plans now if you still can.

September 7, 2020 at 5:00 pm

3. Simpkin is not a top 8 FWD.

George

September 7, 2020 at 4:44 pm

1.Wicks to acres
    2.Wicks to 170k and gives 400k for next week and field Riccardi
    3. Cogs/Fyfe upgrade

September 7, 2020 at 4:59 pm

Wicks to Owies and use cash next week. Cogs last chance against ADL. Acres second up is a danger.

George

September 7, 2020 at 5:00 pm

Thanks Alunieshiels- it is excellent that you are always answering questions and helping out noobs like me :)

September 7, 2020 at 5:14 pm

That’s assuming you can get Wicks to utility

George

September 7, 2020 at 5:20 pm

Can swap him w Buckley

September 7, 2020 at 5:05 pm

Not always correctly I am sure. We all need luck. I have Williams but managed to get Greaves. Won’t give away my plan yet for next week, but will now sell Williams use the 400 K for double upgrade.

George

September 7, 2020 at 5:06 pm

Exactly the same here

September 7, 2020 at 5:08 pm

Need to decide now that Williams is out, whether I bring in Oliver or Taranto +134k?
    What do we think they will score each?
    Does Oliver or Petracca get the tag?

George

September 7, 2020 at 5:10 pm

I would go with Taranto personally
      Oliver gets de Boer potentially next week as well
      It’s the solid 80-90 vs 40 or 110 scenario

September 7, 2020 at 5:13 pm

Oliver next week has GWS and De Boer. I think Fremantle don’t really tag in the midfield. Serong did for a week or two. DEF tag on Petracca is more likely. Taranto didn’t score in 4th q last week. He got a knock, if ok he should go well against ADL. What about left field- Lyons from Brisbane or a Fremantle MID who play North next week.

September 7, 2020 at 5:28 pm

Thanks for the info guys. I didn’t realise Taranto didn’t score in the 4th due to a knock, that makes his 68 a 90 and to my surprise after looking at teams (don’t want to jinx myself) but Freo haven’t had a lot of teams score high against them, generally a defender if anyone. Crows have been giving up a lot in the mid so I think I will go Taranto. Gives me 327k in the bank for next week Sholl > Crisp, Simpkin > whoever, Riccardo > 170k

So hard because very tight in a league match vs a good mate and rank 163 so don’t want to stuff up.

Legends, both of you.

September 7, 2020 at 6:25 pm

Good luck

September 8, 2020 at 8:39 am

Thanks, to be honest I didn’t know about the weather but the chance of a tag stopped me pulling the trigger on Oliver which I’m glad about now. He wasn’t terrible, Oliver was always around it but Bray outscored him which was nice.

September 8, 2020 at 11:14 am

Wet weather and Oliver returns to his see ball handball or kick ball. Be interesting to see his numbers in wet weather or night versus day. But with De Boer next week, Oliver a danger.

September 7, 2020 at 6:31 pm

I think he scored a few point, but he did het a knock early, which looked like a corkie and he hobbled around a bit in the 4th.

September 8, 2020 at 9:01 am

Are you the real Aluniesheis? Trent?

September 8, 2020 at 11:11 am

Most certainly am- the stress of the rolling lockout provides way too many options, as I mentioned below with ever shrinking lead and the CAPT choice over Neale

emily

September 7, 2020 at 6:34 pm

josh kelly is out for the GWS so Taranto may have a day out,
    I’m hoping Cogs will do something this week aswell

from the foot fetish girl

mmmmm feet in peanut butter

September 8, 2020 at 8:36 am

Lets hope so Emily, I have them both, wanted to trade Cogs previously then every time he gets a half decent score.. enjoy your peanut butter

September 8, 2020 at 8:40 am

Who are we going the VC or C on guys?

Burnt the VC on Macrae so either C on Lloyd or Neale, but the Miller tag worries me there with Neale.

George

September 8, 2020 at 8:41 am

I’m taking aaaallllloyd

September 8, 2020 at 9:59 am

Thinking the same at this point.. failing any late mail

September 8, 2020 at 11:10 am

My issue as well, my lead is getting smaller by the game. VC’d Macrae for 81, could go his for 162 or CAP Neale, Lloyd or the improbable O’Brien

September 9, 2020 at 10:07 am

Please tell me you had the kahuna’s to C O’Brien or Whit?
            I didn’t with Whit tbh, so went Lloyd :\
            Good thing is I don’t have Riccardi on field and a good portion of the top 100 do (cant find the exact % now approx 40% iirc), so hopefully that will help with rank.

September 8, 2020 at 11:46 am

I think the more I read, the more I am going with Lloyd but would of taken the 91 from Grundy or Adams given my time again. Going against Neale is always scary, but the potential tag and he coped a knock in the 3rd last week (prob not an issue now though) but those things are swaying me to Lloyd. Only 1 in the last 5 under 100 and playing Carlton where Luko and Crisp both went off.

The only thing in recent weeks is I feel like everyone is scoring unders but 81 still isn’t there for me to grab when I could of had 91. Looking at the top 50 teams randomly it seems slightly in favour of Lloyd (assuming they don’t change), followed by Neale and then some going with Adams BYE score.

Well done so far, bet the old heart is ticking with all those rolling lock outs.

September 8, 2020 at 12:31 pm

My only concern with Lloyd is last week, his score a little lower and Carlton last week had okay FWD pressure, but yes, the two previous weeks they were terrible. Neale limping all throughout the last quarter was a worry.

Could have saved myself the heartache by going Adams 91, but hey risks have gotten me to number 1 so I figured don’t go conservative now.. Time will tell.

September 8, 2020 at 2:04 pm

Yeah you have to keep with it if that’s what’s been working.. and lets face it most of the “popular trades” of late have not worked, either the player has gotten injured or just not scored as much as expected..
    I’m still not super set on either, and either way will kick myself if I’m wrong.. I’m rank 163 so not going to win it but a very slim chance of a hat depending what those above me do.

The noise between the GC and BL supporters on the forums is that they will tag Neale as Zorko hasn’t been very damaging lately, but you can also take that with a grain of salt as it’s just their opinion.

September 8, 2020 at 3:32 pm

If you listen to Fagens Presser he is speculating a Neale tag as well. Hadn’t had the chance to listen to the whole thing until then. The media rep asks about them tagging Zorko and he said a few years ago but they’d gone to Neale in recent times..

8.45

emily

September 8, 2020 at 11:04 pm

well I hope Neale can shake the tag, I’ve got the C on him had the chance for steele’s 98 but didn’t go with it. Looking at scores this week, I think I should have.

come on Neale have a cracker

hey mitchellman, thx for the shout out , you should try peanut butter on your feet :)

from the foot fetish girl

mmmmmmm feet in bake beans

September 9, 2020 at 10:11 am

Even with a tag he still usually does 70+
      If I had my time again I said yesterday even before knowing Lloyds score I would of locked T. Adam C in.
      Steele’s 98 was good, but Neale can still score that or more.
      Not a foot guy Emily, but thanks for the suggestion.

Nanna