Podcast

Round 12 late mail, Selby’s tips, Gawn trade advice – Ep. 368

PODCAST: Catch the replay of Warnie’s late mail.

Warnie is joined by Roy and back-to-back Fantasy Classic winner Selby Lee-Steere for a chat about the new fixtures, Saturday teams and they help to answer your questions.

Click here to download.

Find the podcast

Sick of 2020

August 14, 2020 at 8:05 pm

Message for trader’s…you get all the info first from the afl how abour sending a message to the bloody afl put some money in and fix the website so people can find the rollback team button…bullshit you pay blokes to talk shit about the game that’s fine…I enjoy the banter but fix the bloody site…you got the money as you let my fing footy club keep my membership money for nothing this year….sick of 2020 sick of the afl oh and sick of bullshit foot fetish comments,….rant over….
    From long time afl fantasy player recent team deleter…

David C

August 15, 2020 at 9:14 am

Rollback team button is on the team page, pretty easy to find mate. Just gotta open your eyes.

Replying to David the dick

August 17, 2020 at 5:43 pm

Actually no it isn’t smartarse …I’ll open my eyes when you pull your head in bitch

andyjh

August 16, 2020 at 12:42 am

Wow calm down. The boys play the game just like us. They dont run the bloody thing!

Still sick of 2020

August 17, 2020 at 5:46 pm

True, I shouldn’t have had a go at the boys…not their fault…the rest stands.

Warnie

August 17, 2020 at 6:13 pm

Feedback is welcomed. Pop it in the Contact Us section of the site. We don’t make or run the site. In fact, we just employed to create content. We do throw in our two cents for ideas around the game that we believe can improve things.

Unfortunately I don’t think money to improve the game comes from club memberships…

Just for the record, a lot of cash has been spent this year with adjustments due to the unforeseen adjustments the game has needed (eg. rolling lockouts, extra trades, etc). Sadly, eating into the 2021 budget for improvements.

As for some of your queries. The rollback team button is on the desktop site just above all of the team stats info. If on your app, you reverse your trades. Remember, you may not be able to do this if you have made trades that involve players that have played… OR you have made some DPP moves which can lock players in.

Doug

August 17, 2020 at 7:16 pm

Only gripe I have is that, as someone has mentioned elsewhere, I sometimes need to make a trade 2 or 3 times before it sticks..
            Oh, and shuffling trades between players that haven’t played yet would be handy, like some sort of switch between players.. I get that you can’t reverse a trade with a player that has played, but if the player coming in is a late out, it’d be nice to shuffle that to another player who hasn’t yet played..
            Safe to say 90%+ of us are happy for DTTalk and all the input, it’s not always 100% accurate, but it’s almost always 100% entertaining..

matty

August 14, 2020 at 11:01 pm

brayshaw named first follower just sayin’

Euman

August 17, 2020 at 7:42 am

Yeah had Brayshaw from start of year but traded him 4 weeks ago I had enough now he comes good lol

llizardofoz

August 15, 2020 at 12:03 pm

I’m enjoying this season.
    I also have a lot of trouble with the AFL site but it could be my device.
    Big prob is the flip/swap button….generally takes about 3 goes before desired
    outcome is achieved. Draft is frustrating for bringing in free agents
    SC there are multiple key strokes required just to view yer team.

Zak Sztrochlic

August 15, 2020 at 2:29 pm

same

Richard Head

August 15, 2020 at 2:26 pm

Sick of 2020, there is no problem with the website, it is all your own problem. You are hopeless. Give up on the game and go do some knitting

Jag67

August 17, 2020 at 7:53 am

Knitting…….now, there’s a skill.

Ron Saker

August 16, 2020 at 5:20 pm

Yes there are some people who cannot use a simple website and just should give up

Suff2Say

August 16, 2020 at 9:42 pm

You have to laugh at that rant lol. No need to get so worked up or make it personal, but thanks for the entertainment! There are definitely problems with the site that should be fixed, especially if you pay your $20/year for Fantasy Coach. No point mentioning them though. Tried that already.

Euman

August 17, 2020 at 7:45 am

Gotta feel for this bloke he obviously had a bad run and got stuck with a bum trade. No need of course to take out on others. On a positive note I loved the scoring of averages across the byes I would like to see that in season proper. Anyone else like that?

Albo

August 17, 2020 at 9:50 am

Agree regarding the scoring of averages across the byes in the season proper.

Warnie

August 17, 2020 at 6:15 pm

Yeah – it has been a decent solution (even if AFL Fantasy keeps getting jabs from SC/RDT about it – which I can understand but this is unprecedented). It has allowed people to continue playing without being heavily disadvantaged – especially Draft coaches.

Not sure I would like it moving forward… the best 18 is the best solution for Classic and as long as there are only a few bye rounds (ie. 3 or so) we can turn those off in Draft.

llizardofoz

August 17, 2020 at 11:39 am

I like the normal bye format in a normal season.
    It determines selections right from the start.Or should help determine

andyjh

August 17, 2020 at 5:38 pm

Man i am having a crap weekend.. i traded out Bailey Smith for dusty & Smith went huge. Plus i traded the tigers for Sydney in my group break & the tigers pulled a oremiership predictor :(