My Team

My Team 2020: Round 10

Discuss your round 10 moves.

Discuss your team, strategy, players, etc. in this post. Offer up constructive comments if you want questions answered yourself! Be a giver, not just a taker! This is a great community and we want it to stay that way. We love banter as much as the next person, just keep it clean!

For season stats, head to dtlive.com.au’s Data View.

Buy DT Talk Merchandise.

Fantasy points for and against (season)

CLUBPTS
SYD1222.830.71210.63.10.9
WB1191.83.20.81281.43.21.1
WCE1256.840.81230.83.21

Newt

August 3, 2020 at 5:02 pm

My team:

DEF: Haynes, Doch, Houston, Crisp, Day, Watson (Rivers, Ling)
    MID: Neale, Macrae, Titch, Viney, Higgins, Zorko, Swallow, Pickett (Brown, Close)
    RUCK: Grundy, Pitt (Williams)
    FWD: Whitfield, Petracca, Parfitt, Simpkin, Smith, Rankine (King, Budarick, Cavarra)

Only 21k, wanting to offload budarick to woodcock and keen to see the end of parfitt

2. Belly

Belly

August 3, 2020 at 5:17 pm

Budarick to Woodcock
    Parfitt to Martin
    Rivers to Draper (move Williams to Def)
    leaves you around $200k next week to try and get Pitt up to a decent R2.

Belly

August 3, 2020 at 5:18 pm

*That was for Newt.

Newt

August 3, 2020 at 5:26 pm

Thanks mate, was trying to get Pitt up and couldnt find a way to go better than English

DS

August 3, 2020 at 9:26 pm

DEF: Lloyd, Doc, Houston, Lukosius, Day, McPherson (Ash, Ling)
    MID: Neale, Macrae, Gaff, Cogs, Viney, Titch, Simpson, Vandermeer (Pickett, Brown, Porter)
    RUCK: Gawn, Grundy (Cameron)
    FWD: Whitfield, Petracca, Simpkin, Bailey Smith, Taylor Rankine (King, Cavarra)

With some DPP shuffling I’ve gone:
    Taylor to Watson
    Cameron to Draper
    Vandermeer to Dusty

I’m trying to get rooks off the field and think that Dusty is just about to get going and is cheap at less than 650K. I have 113K in the bank and have Brown and King on my radar for moving on next week. My problem is the lack of cheap rooks that I can bring in to generate cash. I held Pickett after planning to move him on for a couple of weeks for bench (given he is up and down) but I worry about ending up with a bench filled with one hit wonders like Cavarra! RC-D from Richmond (named as an emergency) is on my radar. What rooks do you think will come in and not only perform but stick around for more than a week?

Andy

August 3, 2020 at 11:32 pm

There are not many quality rookies to choose from, unfortunately. I took Serong early, and he has come good, but most have been disappointing.
      It might be better to stick with the one who are sure to get game time. Of the newer ones, James Bell and Bradley Close seem promising, at least as money-earners.

James

August 4, 2020 at 8:20 am

Thoughts on Ben Mckay? Did he have a role change or something last week?

Jack

August 4, 2020 at 9:22 am

Not sure where to look at trades this week – I have already done 1 to get rid of a non-playing rookie to someone from last nights game

Currently my team looks like:
      Def: Docherty, Houston, Crisp, Weller, Sicily, Eggmolesse-Smith (McPherson, Goddard)
      Mid: Neale, Mitchell, Macrae, Coniglio, B Smith, Simpson, Serong, Pickett (Hibberd, Close)
      Ruck: Gawn, Grundy (Cameron)
      Fwd: Petracca, D Smith, Whitfield, Greenwood, Aarts, Rankine (M King, Frederick)
      Utl: Woodcock
      Cash: 61k

Was thinking that I need to upgrade my mids, but not sure who I should be looking at. Potentially Lyons, Oliver or Sidebottom (with the plan of moving him forward later on) but may have to give up too much to get one of them at the moment. Open to suggestions and thought

Daniel

August 4, 2020 at 9:29 am

Simpson to Duncan
    Pickett to Dusty (3 rookies on ground)
    Or
    Simpson to Neale
    T.Brown to 170k (4 rookies on ground, but 170k to spend next week?)

Doug

August 4, 2020 at 9:55 am

Assuming option 2 means Pickett is on the field, I’d go with option 1 for sure..

Dusty is putting together some good games and Duncan is averaging 93.7 (117 BCV) if you take out his injury affected 11..

James

August 4, 2020 at 10:53 am

Hey guys, thoughts on Ben Mckay?

Luke

August 4, 2020 at 10:59 am

Zorko or Dusty?

James

August 4, 2020 at 11:02 am

Dusty 100%. Is B.Mckay an option anyone?

Luke

August 4, 2020 at 12:39 pm

For BE purposes definitely. However if going to a 170k Rookie means an upgrade then do that. Don’t get McKay if it’s going to stuff up your upgrade plans

Will

August 4, 2020 at 12:40 pm

Duncan a top 8 mid?

Doogie

August 4, 2020 at 3:00 pm

Hi guys. Sitting Rank 20 at the moment. Don’t ask me how. I don’t have Lloyd or Gawn!

What to do with Brodie Smith? Seems 50/50 to play and probably can’t risk McPherson on field.

Simpson to Zac Bailey was the original plan.

Could go Smith to either Bailey/Stewart/Lloyd instead. But Simpson would have to stay…reckon he maybe omitted given the Cats expected ins.

What would you do? Love your thoughts

kuhni

August 6, 2020 at 11:29 am

How’d you go? Smith AND McPherson out in the end..

Jeff

August 4, 2020 at 3:06 pm

Anyone been trading out weller, parfitt or simpkin?

I’ve gone bennell-> close and xerri -> draper and leaning towards sideways trading one of these guys as my 3rd. Got only 91k in the bank

CJ

August 4, 2020 at 3:50 pm

Thoughts on Witho if Brodie Smith is out?

Ben

August 4, 2020 at 5:10 pm

I only got 660k to get a mid who should I get

j

August 4, 2020 at 6:17 pm

Why haven’t the teams for the North v Geelong game dropped? It’s already less than 24 before the game, and I hate leaving trades too close to the game.

The Cricket

August 5, 2020 at 3:09 pm

Teams are announced at 6.20pm on the day before they play. I understand this is the procedure for rounds 10 – 12

Andy

August 4, 2020 at 9:13 pm

Why were Brisbane favourites tonight? They were no chance against the tigers.

jay

August 4, 2020 at 9:42 pm

Sorry all, for breaking Neale.
    Brought him in this week.

emily

August 4, 2020 at 11:12 pm

he broke in the last qtr, Jay, I had the VC on him and was looking good for a score over 105 then just stopped.
    Know tossing up Gawn or Grundy for the C

from the foot fetish girl

mmmmm feet in peanut butter

jay

August 5, 2020 at 5:12 pm

It’s like two rounds in a row — brought in Gaff last round for that turd score too. But I think Warnie officially broke him last round

I’m putting the C on Grundy myself, out of those two rucks now.

Jack

August 5, 2020 at 8:58 am

damn it, i wanna take Aarts’ emergency score but i have to put either budarick or darcy cameron on field and hope they are dropped. are either of them a chance to lose their spot?

jay

August 5, 2020 at 5:15 pm

Cameron might be more likely to lose his spot out of those two, but collectively both are likely to play. Guess you’ll find out when teams drop tonight.

emily

August 5, 2020 at 7:05 pm

lol Jay, I put the “C” on Gawn log out and then logeed back in and put the “C” on Grundy, felt safer for some reason.

I”LL let u know how I fair lol

from the foot fetish girl

mmmm feet in custard

Andy

August 5, 2020 at 9:53 pm

There’s something about Melbourne. It doesn’t matter who goes there and what draft picks they get, they are always ordinary.

Andy

August 5, 2020 at 10:11 pm

I know they’ll beat Adelaide, but what does that mean?

PowerAde

August 6, 2020 at 3:28 pm

is there a prize for finishing dead last? i wouldn’t be that far off

llizardofoz

August 6, 2020 at 3:56 pm

How can a quality player Harley Bennell only score 23?

jay

August 7, 2020 at 2:19 pm

How can a quality so called fantasy player still have Harley Bennell in his squad ?

emily

August 6, 2020 at 8:03 pm

……….wow Treloar (76) in 49% game time, what was his injury????

from the foot fetish girl

mmmmmmmmmm feet in porridge

Terang Bowler

August 6, 2020 at 8:14 pm

Fu$king Treloar.Was looking great as C,another soft tissue.Never again list,trades running low too.Ffs!!!!!

emily

August 6, 2020 at 8:46 pm

u had the C on him Terang, spewin, but didn’t score much less than most of the guys this week.
    Macrae is my shining light for this week so far.

from the foot fetish girl

mmmmmmmmm feet in bake bean

Terang Bowler

August 6, 2020 at 10:01 pm

Has anyone noticed if you put the C on a bye player you get double his average.You also get double vc score because your captain didn’t play.This is in fantasy.

Warnie

August 6, 2020 at 11:10 pm

Don’t get too excited. You won’t be getting that when lockout lifts!

Doug

August 7, 2020 at 10:04 am

Surely Paps cops a week for costing my man Maynard 9 points…
    Free kick against, plus the resultant +6 was disallowed, should’ve finished on 86, not 77…..

dulcify56

August 7, 2020 at 4:16 pm

Has anyone noticed how quiet The Chosen Won has been in recent times. Haven’t seen anything by him for weeks, maybe he’s just having another poor season!

Andy

August 7, 2020 at 7:06 pm

I dodged another bullet with Treloar. Took Whitfield instead. I probably would have brought in Treloar next round.

emily

August 7, 2020 at 8:54 pm

pretty sure Aidan Corr has had 2 kicks, a handball and possibly a mark which has been added

from the foot fetish girl