Podcast

Condensed fixture trade strategy – Ep. 363

PODCAST: Roy, Calvin and Warnie brace themselves for a big couple of weeks.

We’re about to head into unchartered waters with 33 games in 20 days. The Traders try to make sense of all that we need to know and how to best manage your Fantasy Classic and Draft teams for rounds 9-12.

Click here to download.

Episode guide

1:45 – How the boys are going so far in round eight.

5:00 – Warnie is pumped about his upgrade to Jarrod Witts.

11:00 – Brodie Grundy’s poor showing as captain.

16:00 – Injury news.

20:45 – Strategy and tips for the upcoming condensed fixture.

29:30 – Calvin talks captains and the VC loophole with the potential rolling lockout.

35:30 – Which teams have it hard and easy over the next few weeks?

40:40 – Questions from social media – follow @AFLFantasy on Twitter and like the Official AFL Fantasy facebook page.

50:40 – Who to pick out of James Sicily, Jayden Short and Callum Mills?

57:30 – Who to upgrade to first: Jake Lloyd or Christian Petracca?

1:00:30 – Is Steele Sidebottom an option in his return game?

1:04:30 – Pickett to Gaff or Pittonet to Goldstein?

Find the podcast

Marcus

July 27, 2020 at 3:02 pm

Seeing we don’t have much time to think about our Trades I been thinking about what to do.
    94k in Bank
    Doch, Maynard, Crisp
    Houston. Noble, E-Smith (Starevich, Williams)

Macrae, Titch, Coniglio, D Smith
    Wingard, Tucker, Pickett, Simpson (Bennell, McHenry)

Grundy, Jacobs (Cameron)

Patracca, Simpkin, B Smith
    Brayshaw, Taylor, Rankin (King, Buderick)

(Porter)

I know I have a few POD’s but I just thought because of this funny year it may work, but its backfired a bit. If I could have some suggestions that would be appreciated.
    1. Out Stars,Tucker, D Smith
    In Ling/McPherson, Zorko, Whitfield (Providing Jacobs plays)

2. Out Buderick, Stars, Tucker
    In Federick, McPherson, Zorko

3. Out Stars, Tucker, Jacobs
    In Z Baily, Zorko, Witts

4. Out D Smith, Tucker, Jacobs
    In Bailey, Whitfield, Witts

Fooz

July 27, 2020 at 3:40 pm

Option 4 for me

Ic3

July 27, 2020 at 7:36 pm

Option 4 then option 3

Marcus

July 27, 2020 at 4:09 pm

Good on ya Fooz thanks mate

Sammy

July 27, 2020 at 6:01 pm

Would you go
    1. Michael Hibbard from Melbourne to gaff or
    2. Curtis Taylor to Zorko

Marcus

July 27, 2020 at 7:26 pm

I would go the first option as I want to keep Taylor in my side for a while yet

Ic3

July 27, 2020 at 7:37 pm

First option.

emily

July 27, 2020 at 7:48 pm

woo hoo having a win this round
    didnt get English in but I got Gawn
    Got out Simpkin to Rankine

didn’t get Porter, (know injured) got Ling in
    Had Tobe Watson on the bench since the start know he’s playing

I’ve actually did something right this week lol

from the foot fetish girl

mmmm feet in mash potato

thebopper58

July 28, 2020 at 5:02 am

Great stuff but even greater with the visual podcast :)
    Hoping that continues as the ROYactionary visuals are hilarious

Feeling a Geary tag on Lloyd this week i’d been holding off till the bye!!!
    Good luck over the next 4 weeks – it’s going to be quite interesting

Tim B

July 28, 2020 at 8:54 pm

To loop Bailey Williams without risk, you’d have to have at least one ruck left to swap him with. This week that would be Grundy for most, but if you have Gawn and Goldy, you’d have to lock Williams onto the ground on Saturday afternoon… Would suck to lose Goldy’s score (and a mega Gawn VC score perhaps) due to a late Williams inclusion.

Marcus

July 29, 2020 at 4:05 pm

Im bloody hopeless my Trades for this week were going to be Baily for Maynard. Witts for Jacobs and Libba for Tucker but now I’ve just changed. I’m still bringing in Baily and Witts but now instead of Libba I’ll be bringing in either Constable or Steven. More than likely Steven if he is added to the team which leaves me with 59k