My Team

My Team 2020: Round 7

Discuss your round seven moves.

Discuss your team, strategy, players, etc. in this post. Offer up constructive comments if you want questions answered yourself! Be a giver, not just a taker! This is a great community and we want it to stay that way. We love banter as much as the next person, just keep it clean!

For season stats, head to dtlive.com.au’s Data View.

Fantasy points for and against (season)

CLUBPTS '
STK1281.84.211229.23.20.8
SYD1229.33.30.711802.70.8
WB1205.230.71295.741.5
WCE1236.84.30.81270.741.3

MiniMonk

July 12, 2020 at 10:18 pm

Decent week but had Young and Taylor on field. Still moved up to 5500ish. Plan is to go Starcevich and Taylor to Simpson and Short at this stage.

Balsam

July 12, 2020 at 10:36 pm

Thought I was doing OK, but didn’t even crack 1500.

-3 Grundy. I didn’t pay 900K + for 53.
    +3 Tom Mitchell. About time he remembered how to pig.

hammer k

July 12, 2020 at 10:57 pm

Pretty poor week for me only the 1479 had neale as vc but captained grundy not good.
    Plan is to go from Tucker(626k) to Menegola(685k) and Brander(354k) to a first gamer defender(170k).
    Thoughts?

Pistol

July 14, 2020 at 3:21 pm

w.day hawks

hammer k

July 12, 2020 at 10:58 pm

Forgot to add still have 255k in the bank

Andy

July 12, 2020 at 11:01 pm

I want the three trades to come back. I have too much sh-t to clean up for just two trades.

Brody

July 12, 2020 at 11:09 pm

Def: Lloyd, Doch, Houston, Sicily, Corr, Young (Starc, Rivers)
    Mid: Macrae, Viney, Titch, McGrath, Ward, Anderson, Serong, Pickett (Budarick, McInerney, Green)
    RUC: Grundy, MWW (Cameron)
    Fwd: Petracca, Whit, Simpkin, B. Smith, Greenwood, Taylor (King, Vandermeer)

$314k leftover

Thinking of going Budarick > Simpson which leaves me around $420k to play with, was thinking either Young/Starc > Haynes or,
    Anderson > Treloar

Thoughts would be much appreciated cheers legends!

KB

July 13, 2020 at 12:24 am

yeah love those trades. and i think it may be one for team selections cause if one of Starc or Rivers is named, id defs be going for that Treloar upgrade!!! But if neither are named, yeah that Haynes one is the way to go!

KB

July 13, 2020 at 12:22 am

Ive got to get a mid priced defender in this week for a rookie upgrade. Have three options, just wondering which is best: Batlle, Duggan or Lukosius. Will be down to 4 rookies on field.

Squid

July 13, 2020 at 11:23 am

Had lukosius since the start, made over 100k and been a lock to score 60 odd each week, about the best decision I’ve made for my team this season. Might be a bit late to get real value but he could improve a bit more and would be my pick of those you mention as a solid place holder at least.

JACK

July 13, 2020 at 12:42 am

Thoughts on rage trading Dusty???

The Cricket

July 13, 2020 at 1:07 am

You’re not the only one! But we’ll probably have to clean up too much other crap and be stuck with him … What a nightmare Fantasy season.

Henry Mason

July 13, 2020 at 1:18 am

why can’t 3 trades a week be permanent?

1) With the proposed 4-day turnaround between games clubs are more likely to ‘manage’ senior players (i.e. grundy, neale, titchell)

2) In conjuction with this, there is an increased chance of injuries (as we’ve seen already). Popular fantasy players like coniglio,adams,whitfield, and walters – who are already injury prone – are even more likely now to miss games

3) Usually, we can plan out our trades depending on a player’s fixture, but given this unprecedented season, we don’t even know who’s playing each week!! What if the clubs stay in the hubs for the rest of the season? Will more players leave because of their families?

4) Given this is already an unprecedented season, why can’t the 3 trades stay? It’s already a shortened season, meaning there is even less time to improve our teams. There are only 11 games left, and how many rookies do people still have on the field?

5) Commentators/reporters say that this will be the most challenging premiership to win for clubs, as will it be for our @AFLFantasy sides.

3 trades a week will require even more strategy, meaning this season’s winner may be the best one yet.

Follow my twitter Henry Mason (@HenryMa47055519)

Andy

July 13, 2020 at 10:21 am

I agree entirely. In this strange season we find ourselves in, more consideration should be given to us. It shouldn’t just come down to the sheer luck of not having players who are isolating, injured or staying home with families. At the moment, having a full field of players is like winning lotto.

Squid

July 13, 2020 at 11:49 am

Or maybe the madness adds to the challenge and gives people a chance to come from way back to pull a Bradbury. Perhaps you need to reconsider your criteria for what to look for in a player, ie risk of being rested? Choose someone else.
      I have had a shocker so far this year ranking about 20,000th in AF & a devastating 60,000th in SC where normally I’m much closer to the pointy end so I do know how to fantasy footy, I’ve just copped all the crap.
      You know things are bad when you’re left eye barely gives a twitch after Young, Taylor, Starcevitch & Aarts combine for 80 points on field all had to play because you had no one else & 2 of them likely to miss time due to injury so doughnuts are almost certainly on the menu soon.
      So toughen up, we all face the same challenges and challenging as it may be it is also interesting and if nothing else a learning experience be that in fantasy footy or building real world resilience.
      Also try having a rant instead of a sook, you might just find it helps more than demanding a rule change to suit your needs.

Andy

July 13, 2020 at 7:49 pm

If you think winning the lottery is a challenge, you’re probably right. We’ve all had surprising pitfalls, and many of them not of our own making. But is sheer luck any way to determine the winner of a competition? Come on…

Squid

July 13, 2020 at 9:21 pm

We’re all playing with the same rules and some seem to be managing fine, not me or it seems you, but some. I don’t think changing the rules is fair on them and actually makes it harder for us to get our kiss on the tip (it’s been a while…) to make some headway. Luck has always and will always have a huge role to play in this game, it’s no different this year. Sure skill plays a part and you wont win without some, even this year. Do you truly think winning is based purely on a person’s ability to play?

Pistol

July 14, 2020 at 3:31 pm

im just enjoying the challenge most dropped 5000 ranking spots this week bye not taking neale vice csptain loop me being one of them i went grundy but live snd learn you cant chase more than 100 or this is what happens i was ranked 19000 three weeks ago 5000 last week and 9800 now rollercoaster but interesting just enjoy the game and the challenge thats sll i can say about this season

Jaws

July 15, 2020 at 2:25 pm

I agree, or even if we are allowed 1x trade for the Thursday night game then we have the normal 2x trades once teams are announced on the Friday….

cal

July 13, 2020 at 1:22 am

Thinking of playing a really risky game this week cause I got nothing to lose…
    Two week plan:
    This week:
    Dusty<Simpson
    Naismith<170k Ruck
    Leaves me $638k

Next week:
    Pitt<Gawn
    Bewley<Greenwood

If they get their projected I'll have 30k left over… Leaves me with 4 rookies on field.
    Or should I just play it safe?

Doug

July 13, 2020 at 7:43 am

I’m thinking similar plan, but with different players..

Doug

July 13, 2020 at 7:42 am

Is it the week of the double downgrade?!?!

Starcevich to Simpson (via Smith DPP) gets me enough to upgrade Ceglar to Whitfield, but I’m thinking of nabbing Rankine, Bosenavulagi or McPherson which would give me nearly 600k for the following weeks..

John

July 13, 2020 at 7:48 am

You will be wanting Whitfield anyway won’t you? So grab him now while he’s cheap? IK the rookies may gain more price but you will have more time for them to pass the ‘eye-test’

Squid

July 13, 2020 at 11:58 am

I’ll be doing the double downgrade with 2 broken non playing rooks to 2 playing to try and scratch together a full playing 22 & hopefully bank some coin for some list improvements next week, It’s my only option really and I think a bit of money in the bank may be required to navigate what is likely to be even greater carnage to come.

John

July 13, 2020 at 7:45 am

Is Cripps a must trade?
    Thinking Cripps-Whit
    + either Ward-Brodie Smith or Starcevich-Playing rookie probably Will Day
    What do we think of Darcy Moore?

Polomiko28

July 13, 2020 at 8:35 am

Yeah I reckon. According to footy wire he has a BE of 102

Miyagi-san

July 13, 2020 at 8:11 am

1608, moved up to 6300s
    +3: Brodie Smith, honorable mention Whitfield, midfield premos finally putting in.
    -3: Curtis Taylor, dishonorable mention Starcevic, coachs leaving me with only E cover in fwd line this week
    C on Grundy after having choccy wheel as VC cost a few points, but overall a decent performance.
    Trade plans are likely Starc or Taylor to MacPherson or Rankine, and then a big jump of MWW to Maxy.

Miyagi-san

July 13, 2020 at 8:16 am

Current team is
      D: Doch Lloyd Houston Brodie Starc Hamill (Rivers, Madgen)
      M: Neale Tadams Titch Cogs McGrath Simpkin Harley Marlion (McInerney Jones)
      R: Grundy MWW (Cameron)
      F: Petracca Whitfield Devon Bewley Taylor Budarick (King Aarts)
      U: Cavarra

Brucey Don't Like Rusty

July 13, 2020 at 9:43 am

Looking at Will Day or Haynes to avoid a donut. Prob get Haynes as I’ve been burnt by too many rookie Defs.

Browny

July 13, 2020 at 10:12 am

F##k being the butter mouse Rowell an Smith last week an now Taylor an Young all on field then I got a team full of dodgeball players Starc, Green, Aarts an Buderick to go along with my great water boy Crisp who has been the only person aloud in the stands to watch the games in the opening 6 rounds an then to lose the last 2 rounds by 27 an 11 points this mouse has f##king drowned

Squid

July 13, 2020 at 12:27 pm

Haha, thanks for the cheer up, much better than hearing complaints about scoring 1600 and debating whether to trade Cripps or Dusty, you would not believe how happy I’d be to have that sort of misfortune… actually you Browny probably do.
      I was stoked with my 1508 this week & climbed up to 19,991 even with the Young, Taylor, Starcevitch & Aarts quartet combining for 80 between them and a few other spuds to go with.
      How did you go score and rankwise?
      My challenge is getting 22 on field this week while cashing in some dead weight for future fixes, if I battle back to top 10k by season end I’ll be over the moon.

Browny

July 13, 2020 at 8:54 pm

1508 u won’t hear me complain again I scored 1515 haha. I’m having the worst season I’ve ever had ranked 33,000ish I’m just hoping to make the 8 in my league at this point. Going brown to Yoe or Manengola an Young to Simpson (geel) leaving me with $232,000 for next week pending I have 22 named. Good luck top 10k squid I’m still hoping to haha

Squid

July 13, 2020 at 9:30 pm

Just looked, I’ve scored between 1460 & 1590 each round so despite everything at least I’ve been consistent……. good luck to you too.

dulcify56

July 14, 2020 at 12:51 pm

Good to see that you are being so positive Squid even though you are struggling. You were one of my opponents on the weekend. At the end of round one my ranking was a deplorable 53768, my current ranking is now 4721, I too have copped the Rowell zero, Smith’s one, Ward being a late out and replaced with 19 from Tyler Brown. This week i dodged the Young 2 but got the Taylor 10. So what I’m trying to say is, hang in there, things will turn for you. Good luck.

llizardofoz

July 14, 2020 at 4:00 pm

Nice ranking. I’m having my best season…2050.
          Roy moved up 9k by having the [c] on Gawn [no Grundy].

Zultan

July 13, 2020 at 10:29 am

Another Rubbish score of 1540, next week to start cashing in on the cash cows

Def: Lloyd, Docherty, Maynard, Houston, Starcevich, Hamill

Mid: Neale, Coniglio, Cripps, T. Mitchell, Greenwood, parfitt, Budarick, Serong

Ruc: Grundy, Goldstein

Fwd: Petracca, Whitfield, Brayshaw, King, Vandermeer, J. Jones

TRADES: Dusty -> Whitfield / Stuart -> Simpson

17. Will

Will

July 13, 2020 at 10:33 am

anyone got an idea on the injuries to Young and Brander? My backline rooks are decimated (still stuck with Rivers too)

Browny

July 13, 2020 at 8:55 pm

Young was on crutches after the game didn’t look good

Doug

July 14, 2020 at 7:41 am

I need Brander to play so I can cut Starcevich…

Newb

July 13, 2020 at 10:47 am

New to this please help with my team any comments or advise is welcome.. Which areas should I work on suggestions on trades – $150k in bank…

DEF: Laird, Doch, Houston, Mills, Casboult, Starcevich (Rivers, Young).
    MID: Macrae, Mitchell, Cogs, Neale, Bont, Mcinerney, Simpson, Vandermeer (T.Green, Pickett)
    RUC: Grundy, Goldy (Xerri)
    FWD: Whitfield, Butters, Townsend, Brayshaw, Taylor, Budarick (Sturt, Gardner)

Browny

July 13, 2020 at 8:59 pm

Buderick down to Rankin Townsend down to that Collingwood player that I’m not even gonna try an spell should give u about 500k for next week an improve your score

zenwarrior13

July 14, 2020 at 9:11 am

Solid team mate. Agree Budarick to Rankine. Depending on cash then look to upgrade Starc to maybe Brodie Smith. Dropped coin. Back in SA and great 3 week average.

CJ

July 13, 2020 at 11:11 am

Sicily, Brodie Smith or Ridley for Young?

Browny

July 13, 2020 at 8:59 pm

Smith

zenwarrior13

July 14, 2020 at 9:12 am

Agree. Smith seems to be finding form.

Aidan

July 13, 2020 at 12:00 pm

Scored 1559
    +3 Brodie Smith
    -3 Grundy/Weller
    Trades- hopefully i can get rid of pittonet soon but i need to fix my rookies first so brown to simpson and cavarra to rankine

mad snake

July 13, 2020 at 12:32 pm

Last week I had 2 players on the field who totalled 1 point. I improved this week is – 2 players for 12 points. In that time I have dropped more than 6,000 places. We do we do this?

Squid

July 13, 2020 at 2:30 pm

Because we are closet sadomasochists. Welcome to the club snake you are not alone.

Luke Fairley

July 13, 2020 at 1:36 pm

Rank: 152

DEF: Docherty, Llloyd, Houston, Crisp, Young, Starc (Ash, Rivers)
    MID: Neale, Gaff, Mitchell, Coniglio, Whitfield, Serong, Bennell (McHenry, McInierney, Brown)
    RUC: Grundy, Pittonet (Cameron)
    FWD: Smith, Wingard, SImpkin, Brayshaw, Greenwood, Rankine (Berry, King)

Will likely get in Simpson for cash grab. Unsure of second trade at this stage – priority is maintaining ranking.

Browny

July 13, 2020 at 9:03 pm

Good week to double down brown to Simpson an Young will most likely miss he didn’t look good after the game

Squid

July 13, 2020 at 2:48 pm

Well done Luke, hate you so much right now :P
    you must be dodging bullets like Neo. If I was in your position (which at the moment is difficult to even imagine) I’d be getting Pitt up to Gawn or Goldy or if you can’t raise the coin get one of your def rooks up to the best available. If you can’t get to an A grader though double downgrade cash grab may be the go while there are options as you don’t want to get stuck with a spud stinking up your kickarse team. Good luck.

Luke Fairley

July 13, 2020 at 3:23 pm

Thanks mate – would love to get pittonet up to gawn but this would require a double downgrade this week.

Need starcevich to keep his spot to avoid having to cover for both him and young (donut territory)

Browny

July 13, 2020 at 9:10 pm

Ash should hold but Young didn’t look good after the game an stark is well u seen him play OR DID U waterboy haha an melb won so unlikely Rivers gets called back up good luck Luke looks like u had a bit already

Screech

July 14, 2020 at 6:52 pm

Trade crisp to get the funds for a gawn upgrade

JayTip Gangsta

July 13, 2020 at 8:59 pm

Who is the most urgent sell?
    Dusty or Patty Cripps?

Browny

July 13, 2020 at 9:17 pm

Your having a laugh right

Cooper

July 13, 2020 at 10:04 pm

Cripps injury not serious if that helps

zenwarrior13

July 14, 2020 at 9:15 am

Would hold both a focus on improving around them. Cripps injury not too bad and Dusty will come good.

Josh

July 14, 2020 at 12:01 am

Dangerfield or Whitfield in for ward this week? Whitfield will swing forward next week of course.

zenwarrior13

July 14, 2020 at 9:15 am

I would go for the value of Whitfield.

zenwarrior13

July 14, 2020 at 9:08 am

Morning all. Would love some advice.
    I’ve got Ebert so could go Rowell to Simpson and Ebert to Greenwood with plenty cash for next week or.
    Rowell to Simpson
    Cavara to Dylan Stephens and swing Whitfield forward to cover Ebert. With Sydney injuries Stephens should have a good role. If Simpson and Stephens can score well it will be better long term I think. Just need to cross my fingers this week so I don’t drop in rank. Team below. Appreciate your thoughts.

Doc, Sic, Ridley, Houston, Maynard, Starc, Hamill, Rivers
    Neale, Adams, McGrath, Whitfield, Selwood, Cogs, Bennell, Pickett, Green, Mcinerney
    Gawn, MWW, Comben
    Brayshaw, Ebert, B Smith, Simpkin, Tacca, Taylor, Sturt, Cavara
    Rowell

James

July 14, 2020 at 9:51 am

Cripps/Viney/ward to whitfield?

Josh

July 14, 2020 at 11:51 am

What do we reckon is the best move at the moment? Getting rookies off your field or upgrading under performing mid pricers like pittonet and ward?

I have 5 rookies on field right now and im trying to decide what the best move to do is.

Browny

July 14, 2020 at 1:48 pm

Get those rookies off the ground mate unless there injurys

Erin

July 15, 2020 at 6:49 am

English or Obrian?

Jay

July 16, 2020 at 7:50 pm

ROB or Gawn

Thom

July 16, 2020 at 11:21 pm

Fuck this game man. I’ve now had Whitfield, Bailey Smith, Young, Rowell and Selwood all injured in first quarters on 10 points or less. I also owned Howe, Dunkley, Merrett. But the done-for-the-day injuries make this really unfun. There needs to be a contingency for this.

emily

July 17, 2020 at 9:14 am

Got in Simpson, just like every other coach this week lol, but it my second trade i’m tossiing up

!. Young to Sic Dawg
    2. Young to Mills
    3, Young to Riddley

or do I leave that trade and hope Mcasey place to take youngs spot
    and trade out

C.Taylor to Rankine

from the foot fetish girl

mmmmm feet in bake beans