My Team

My Team 2019: Round 3

Discuss your moves and any other Fantasy related topics ahead of round three.

Discuss your team, strategy, players, etc. in this post. Offer up constructive comments if you want questions answered yourself! Be a giver, not just a taker! This is a great community and we want it to stay that way. We love banter as much as the next person, just keep it clean!

Head to www.dtlive.com.au for live scores over the weekend and for your study needs during the week. Data View has been updated and there are plenty of other features there to help you with your team selection each week!

Listen to the AFL Fantasy Podcast with The Traders at Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Google Podcasts.

Fantasy points for and against (season)

CLUBPTS
RICH13272.501884.56.52
STK1515.51.50.5152420
SYD1522.52.51.5155030.5
WB15894.51.51499.521
WC1473.52.50.51497.510.5

cprlonglogo

Listen to the boys go live every Monday from 6pm AEDT on City Park Radio for the AFL Fantasy Hour. This then becomes the podcast that you can hear on the website or on iTunes. Listen via www.cityparkradio.com or search for the station in the TuneIn app on your smartphone.

1. Rocky Bin Chickens

April 4, 2019 at 10:01 am

Which 2 of the below would you go? And to who? Thoughts are appreciated!
    1. Dunkley to Boak or Kelly?
    2. Witho to Crisp/Stewart
    3. Taranto to Rocky

2. Craig (@Subdubb)

April 4, 2019 at 10:23 am

Hoping to trade Goldy to Gawn and Dunkley to Tim Kelly this week but if I can only do 1 which should I do? Also considering the option of Goldy to Witts to save some cash as I still have Lincoln McCarthy on the ground and haven’t got Rocky yet.

Any help appreciated.

• PK

April 4, 2019 at 11:31 am

Goldy to gawn if you have to do one, hold dunkley, he attended 17 centre bounces but just couldnt get his hands on it. Should increase his output soon

3. Benny F

April 4, 2019 at 11:27 am

Def: Lloyd, Smith, Williams, Duursma, Clark, Scrimshaw (Wilkie, Hore)
    Mid: Coniglio, Cripps, Brayshaw, Taranto, B. Crouch, Liberatore, Walsh, Constable (Scott, Gibbons)
    Ruck: Grundy, Gawn (Cameron, Fort)
    Fwd: Dangerfield, Kelly, Dunkley, Worpel, Drew, Parker (Setterfield, Balta)

$47k in the bank.

Would really like to get rid of Dunkley in the FWD line and get in Boak and then try and get Rockliff into my midfield. To afford Boak I’d probably have to do a slight downgrade of one of my mids to free up some cash.

Who should I trade out of the mids, or can anyone see a better option to get Boak and Rockcliff in?

Cheers Benny

• Honey H

April 4, 2019 at 6:02 pm

Benny, you could go Cripps to Rocky and Dunkley to Boak. Crippa should get tagged this week and may drop in price, Rocky is on his way up.
      It is sideways though and you might be better fixing your rookies (Wilkie, Hore, Balta)

4. WestBimbyPapergoats

April 4, 2019 at 12:09 pm

Thinking Cripps down to Rookie
    Then Brander to Kelly/Boak

at the moment i am fielding 3 rookies in the forward line but if i moved that premium to the forward line i will field the rookie in the midfield being constable

Thoughts???

• Briby

April 4, 2019 at 4:51 pm

Sounds good, Kelly, Constable should outscore Fwd rooks.

• Shags

April 4, 2019 at 5:47 pm

Why is everyone talking up trading Cripps?
      Sure he will get a tag this week, but surely there are better trades…

5. Crouch

April 4, 2019 at 12:21 pm

M crouch or Taylor Adams

• M8

April 4, 2019 at 1:00 pm

Crouch

• Shags

April 4, 2019 at 5:48 pm

Give Adams a week to see how he goes.

6. M8

April 4, 2019 at 12:59 pm

Do I go Heeney to Boak? Don’t really like it cause I think Wines will affect his scoring and midfield time, but my other forwards are already Dangerfield, Kelly and Worpel. Or could go Burgess to forward line bench and get Whitfield but he is susceptible to the tag and that puts Parker on field in the forward line and Scrimshaw on the bench in backline. Thoughts lads?

• Jimmy

April 4, 2019 at 1:17 pm

get whitters imo if youre worried about boak. dont think he gets tagged super often what with kelly and coniglio roaming about.

• Briby

April 4, 2019 at 4:24 pm

7. Briby

April 4, 2019 at 1:16 pm

Have $137K in the bank, going ok overall, not enough for Goldy>Gawn & Fort>O’Brien, is Goldy>Phillips(BE 24) Fort>O’Brien totally crazy? leaves me $328K to fix it up if it back fires or see how it goes for a couple of weeks and if O’Brien does ok, R2?
    Def: Whitfield Sicily Smith Rozee Duursma Scrimshaw (Clarke Hore)
    Mid: Cogs Treloar Brayshaw Rocky Brouch Cousins Walsh Constable (Gibbons Scott)
    Ruc: Witts Goldy (Fort Comeron)
    Fwd: Danger Dunkley Kelly Worpel Setters Drew (Parker Burgess)

Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.
    Cheers briby

• Honey H

April 4, 2019 at 6:06 pm

Goldy>Phillips and Fort>O’Brien might be genius. Go for it, you will at least come out on top dollar wise.

8. Hazzn

April 4, 2019 at 1:23 pm

Should I take Westhoff out for philips the Carlton ruck and save money already got Grundy and can’t afford Gawn and upgrade a rookie to a premium

• Honey H

April 4, 2019 at 6:07 pm

Hoff was rain affected. I would fix problems elsewhere.

9. Liam

April 4, 2019 at 1:27 pm

Hey lads stuck with trades this week
    Thoughts appreciated

Got 35k in bank
    Thinking of going
    Heeney- Boak or Whitfield via dpp
    Goldy-Mummy

Lloyd, Smith, Williams, Clark, Duursma, Scrimshaw( Hore, Burgess)
    Macrae, Cripps, Brayshaw, Mcrouch, Bcrouch, Libba, Walsh, Constable( Scott, Atkins)
    Grundy, Goldy
    Danger, Heeney, Kelly, Worpel, Setters, Drew( Petruccelle , Parker)

• Briby

April 4, 2019 at 4:44 pm

Whitfield, Clark bench, i’ll leave your F6 up to you. As for Mummy, looked real lean, not sure though, that’s why i’m considering Phillips. (see above)

10. Damo W

April 4, 2019 at 1:45 pm

Is anyone else having dramas seeing their overall ranking in Fantasy? Mine is just showing up “–“

• Briby

April 4, 2019 at 4:27 pm

Yeah, since last round, have to go to rankings under MY TEAM, so inconvenient.

• Antoine

April 4, 2019 at 4:35 pm

I emailed the support guys about this who then wanted screen shots. No reply yet.

• Briby

April 4, 2019 at 4:47 pm

They obviously don’t play Fantasy, otherwise they wouldn’t need a screen shot.

11. Bavan

April 4, 2019 at 1:52 pm

Mumford predicted average?
    and what is a pass mark.

Im saying an average of 80+ (about 120k gain) is a pass mark. what do people think he will average up until the byes.

i can get up to gawn but i do not want to double up on the R13 bye

12. Harpic

April 4, 2019 at 1:53 pm

I’m a regretful Goldstein owner (should have started with Witts) and I can’t afford to get up to Grundy yet who I think still has a bit of cash to bleed. My teams pretty solid (ranked 2k) having nailed the rookies and no other under performing premos so far. Goldsteins record against the Hawks is bleak, Last 5 – 79, 32, 73, 81, 88 so I’m looking to move him on for Mumford or Witts. Is sideways trading like this too wasteful as I’ll need to upgrade to Grundy eventually anyway?

Fooz

April 4, 2019 at 5:35 pm

How about Phillips. Seems to be the rage today. I may do the same, but remain concerned about Kreuzer back on the park soon (if ever)…

13. Bavan

April 4, 2019 at 1:57 pm

Trades:

1. Goldstein to Mumford, Brander to Worpel (5 fwd premo) – setterfield to the bench
    2. goldstein to gawn, hore to Jones or 170k rook (bench rookie reshuffle)

14. Bavan

April 4, 2019 at 1:58 pm

Field Drew or Setters (or Parker but nah).

• Shags

April 4, 2019 at 3:09 pm

Drew. Has numbers on the board.

15. PowerAde

April 4, 2019 at 1:59 pm

Any other RDT players having issues with reverse changes?

I have the changes listed that I want to make but do not have an accept changes button to click?

All that shows is small white cross in red circle to not accept changes.

• The Chosen Won

April 4, 2019 at 2:45 pm

Must be your device Mark seems ok here.

16. Jay

April 4, 2019 at 2:26 pm

need some help please

Heeney and Dunkley out for:

1) crisp and T Kelly – $1k left
    2) whitfield and parker (rookie) – $309k left
    3) boak and rich – $34k left
    4) stewart and T Kelly – $37k left

• Shags

April 4, 2019 at 3:08 pm

I really like the Stewart and Kelly option. Stewart really is looking top 6 at the moment.

17. Shags

April 4, 2019 at 3:11 pm

Dunkley to

1) Boak (Scrim on field)

2) Whitfield (via burgess and Miers on field, with weak fwd structure).

Fooz

April 4, 2019 at 4:51 pm

Shags. I’m tossing up a similar conundrum. I’d go 2) only coz of Calvin’s Captain call.

D: Lloyd, Mills, BSmith, Williams, Clark, Duursma (Scrimshaw, Lockhart)
      M: Treloar, Cogs, Gus Brayshaw, Rocky, B Crouch, Libba, Walsh, Constable (Drew, Gibbons)
      R: Gawn, Goldy (A Smith, Fort)
      F: Danger, Kelly, Heeney, Worpel, Setters, Parker (Burgess, Petrucelle)
      $12K

1) Mills > Whitfield for potential (C), Heeney to Miers, which would leave Worpel as F3, with one of Miers/Petrucelle/Burgess on field.
      or
      2) Deal with Rookies, or Goldy or Heeney or Mills….

• Shags

April 4, 2019 at 5:43 pm

My fwd line would be even weaker. It would be Danger, Kelly, Setters, Drew, Parker, Miers (Burgess, Balta)

I’m effectively trading Dunkley to Whitfield via Burgess, switching premo from fwd line to def.

• Honey H

April 4, 2019 at 6:24 pm

Longer term impossible to tell. For this weekends points, Whitfield will probably be better, with Wines return potentially hurting Boak. However, if Scrim performs and Miers doesn’t Boak may be a better option.
          Very hard call.

18. JPFC

April 4, 2019 at 5:55 pm

Comments would be much appreciated
    Should I trade Coniglio and Jelliot to get in bcrouch and Boak already have rocky sheed macrae brayshaw and rooks in mid?

• Shags

April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm

I wouldn’t trade Cogs. If in doubt, fix rookies. I’m sure there will be an omission or 2.

• lizard of oz

April 4, 2019 at 6:15 pm

Naw you’re chasing past points. Everyone will be going Boak/this game with 100k+
      entries you need go against the flow. 59% had Grundy who’s losing cash and has a high BE
      nevertheless was a sane selection.

19. myk393

April 4, 2019 at 6:19 pm

A few questions guys.

My team:

D: Lloyd, Whitfield, B. Smith, Collins, Duursma, Srimshaw (Hore, Burgess)
    M: Coniglio, Cripps, Rockliff, Brayshaw, Crouch, Walsh, Constable, Scott (Butters, Atkins)
    R: Grundy, Gawn (Fort, Smith)
    F: Dangerfield, Dunkley, Heeney, Schultz, Parker, Drew (Settersfield, Petruccelle)

I feel like Heeney is a must to go. My plan this week is: Heeney and B Scott out and Worpel and Libba in.

Is this my best option?

Also, anyone know why registrations are closed to be a member of dtlive.com.au?

20. Shags

April 4, 2019 at 6:48 pm

Miers or Parker on field?

21. Shags

April 4, 2019 at 6:52 pm

1) Go Dunkley to Boak

2) Go Dunkley to Whitfield and run with a very weak fwd line (4 rookies ftw)

3) Hold Dunkley and go Cameron > Clarke to get an extra cashcow on ruck bench.

22. Crouch

April 4, 2019 at 7:04 pm

Play
    1. m crouch and Parker (fwd)
    2. Boak and constable.

2) $151k leftover

• Shags

April 4, 2019 at 7:23 pm

Flip a coin

24. Doug

April 4, 2019 at 7:24 pm

Genuinely lost at what to do:

Def: Laird, Lloyd, Witherden, Smith, Duursma, Clark (Burgess, Hore)
    Mid: Cripps, Oliver, Crouch, Rockliff, Crouch, Libba, Walsh, Constable (Atkins, Gibbons)
    Ruc: Grundy, Gawn (Fort, Cameron)
    Fwd: Danger, Worpel, Elliott, Setterfield, Schulz, Drew (Parker, Petrucelle)
    $45k in bank

Scrimshaw’s probably the only rookie I’ve missed at this point, but I’m not to worried about that that much. Elliott is the one I’ve probably got to move on from, but I’m not to crazy about taking him to a further rookie down, but I don’t have the funds or downgrade options to take him up to a Tim Kelly type.

Options I’m considering:
    Elliott+Hore->Scrimshaw+Miers/Rozee
    or
    Elliott+Witherden->Whitfield+Miers/Rozee

25. Bennie

April 4, 2019 at 7:24 pm

Going to drop Devon Smith. Do I pick up Boak or Kelly?

• MC

April 4, 2019 at 7:34 pm

Go kelly

26. MC

April 4, 2019 at 7:43 pm

DEF: Lloyd, Smith, Williams, Duursma, Clark, Scrimshaw (Burgess, Hore)
    MID: Cogs, Cripps, Rockliff, Taranto, Crouch, Libba, Walsh, Constable (Scott, Gibbons)
    RUC: Grundy, Gawn (Fort, Flynn)
    FWD: Danger, Kelly, Dunks, Worpel, Setterfield, Drew (Parker, Schultz)
    176k in the bank.

To hold or trade Dunkley? If I trade i’ll either go to
    1. Boak which leaves structure as is or
    2. Whitfield which puts scrimshaw on the bench and fielding parker

or hold for 1 more week and do something else? cheers.

27. Shags

April 4, 2019 at 9:18 pm

Trade that’s doing my head in.

Dunkley to

1) Worps (still pretty cheap, playing mid, getting a lot of the footy) gives me a tonne of cash for upgrades next week.

2) Get Boak before he is waaay too expensive.
    Wines in concerns slightly.

28. Shags

April 4, 2019 at 10:31 pm

Sorry guys. Traded in Kelly this week. Broke him.

Hopefully injury not too severe.

29. Manch

April 5, 2019 at 5:19 pm

Is it to late to get in philips Carlton ruck?