Team Sheets

Team Sheets – Rd. 2

All the news, rumours, and team sheets for Round 2!

It’s Thursday!!

We’re off and racing in season 2019!  Round one was depressingly high-scoring, the rookies were spectacular and most of them will have sadly done enough to keep their spots.  Even more sickening was the performance of the mid-pricers; Sheed, Newman, Worpel, Liberatore, Crouch, Salem, and Macmillan all dominated.  Disgusting.  Where’s the carnage?  Fingers crossed a bunch of rookies are rested this week!

Round two kicks off tonight, so make sure you have all your players from Richmond and Collingwood locked in before 19:20 AEDT!  The Traders will be reacting LIVE on the Official AFL Fantasy Facebook page to the team announcements from 18:00 AEDT, so think of this article as your text-based companion guide.

As always, this post will be updated as more information comes in, so if you’ve seen some news that I’ve missed feel free to tweet it at me and I’ll follow it up.

Listen to the AFL Fantasy Podcast with The Traders at Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Google Podcasts.

Selection News and Rumours

Richmond vs Collingwood

Richmond have made three changes.  Alex Rance is likely missing the season with an ACL injury, Bachar Houli is out with a hamstring strain, and Relton Roberts Noah Balta has been omitted.  In comes Brandon Ellis (Check your free agents in draft), Oleg Markov, and Jason Castagna.

Levi Greenwood is back!  If you hadn’t traded Dustin Martin out already I’d get on it now, Greenwood held Martin to a miserable 54 points in last year’s Preliminary Final.  He comes in at the expense of youngster Callum Brown.

Sydney vs Adelaide

Ben Ronke and Colin O’Riordan have been brought in for Sydney, with Jordan Dawson being omitted and Heath Grundy out injured.

Paul Seedsman makes his return from a finger injury, he’s joined by Kyle Hartigan.  They replace injured duo Tom Doedee and Richard Douglas.

Essendon vs St. Kilda

No bloodbath at Essendon for now, and no Zac ClarkeDarcy Parish is in after his epic VFL performance, Jordan Ridley however has been axed after a disappointing first week.

Three changes for St. Kilda.  Nathan Brown, Rowan Marshall (Check your free agency), and Blake Acres (ditto) are all in, Darragh Joyce, Lewis Pierce, and Ben Long have all been omitted. Callum Wilkie fights on.

Port Adelaide vs Carlton

Port will go in unchanged as promised by Ken Hinkley, the rookie bonanza continues.

One change for Carlton, Cam Polson has been given another chance with David Cunningham missing with an injury.

Geelong vs Melbourne

No changes for Geelong, Tom Atkins lives to fight another day (and named on the ball?!).

Steven May and Kade Kolodjashnij make their Melbourne debuts, and Jay Lockhart makes his AFL debut.  Marty Hore, Corey Wagner, and Charlie Spargo are the victims of this backline influx, all omitted.

West Coast vs GWS

Josh Kennedy and Josh Smith are in, but Jamie Cripps hasn’t made the return from injury.  Jake Waterman and Jarrod Brander have been omitted, but Jake Petruccelle survives.

As expected, Harry Perryman and Toby Greene are out injured, they’re replaced by Matt Buntine and Nick Haynes (check Free Agency!).

North Melbourne vs Brisbane

Ed Vickers-Willis is out for the season with an ACL, but North Melbourne have a straight swap in Scott Thompson.  Todd Goldstein owners look away, Tom Campbell has been named for Mason Wood.

No changes for Brisbane, Archie Smith continues to lurk from the emergencies.

Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs

I don’t believe it, but Tom Scully is making his Hawthorn debut. The Hawk’s whipping boy David Mirra is omitted.

Bulldogs go unchanged as promised.

Gold Coast vs Fremantle

Ben Ainsworth is out as advertised, but Sam Collins has clearly passed his concussion test. Tackling machine Nick Holman is the sole inclusion.

Hayden Ballantyne is out injured for Fremantle, he makes way for Jesse Hogan! Lachie Schultz earns a second game, although now Ballantyne and Brandon Matera are on the outside looking in.

Tanaglias

March 28, 2019 at 3:33 pm

Thanks Ollie!

March 28, 2019 at 3:49 pm

You’re welcome :)

Benny Hill

March 28, 2019 at 4:01 pm

Ollie, do you think Zac Clarke will play or be an emergency

March 28, 2019 at 4:47 pm

Gut feeling is he will be held back this week again, St. Kilda not exactly intimidating in the ruck. Will definitely play at some point though, just feel that Worsfold was talking tough after a big loss.

ap0ca1yps3

March 28, 2019 at 4:34 pm

Saw on Superfooty that Scully could be back for Hawks, which could spell trouble for Scrimshaw, and with Lockhart named for Dees, possibly at the expense of Hore. Could be a week of rookie carnage

March 28, 2019 at 5:44 pm

Yeah Hore owners should be sweating, Kolo and May also due to return. I’d be very surprised to see Scully back this week though.

Rolf Harris

March 28, 2019 at 5:47 pm

Hi Ollie, dou recommend MacMillan or Nic Newman for AFL Fantasy

March 28, 2019 at 6:53 pm

Can’t in good conscience recommend Macmillan but he could make us all look foolish. I don’t have Newman, I don’t trust him, but I would take him over Macmillan.

The Cricket

March 29, 2019 at 1:11 am

Haha, I always thought the problem was Horse rather than Newman. He seemed to be given different roles willy-nilly and was subjected to being dropped in typical Longmire fashion (a la Titchell). I reckon he’ll be pretty solid at the Blues and could be a decent money maker and stepping stone (perhaps around bye shuffling).

March 29, 2019 at 5:51 pm

Yeah he may well average 100 from here and be pick of the season! I’ll certainly be loading up in DFS when they play Sydney…but I can’t subject my Fantasy team that I have to live with every week to that big of a risk in round two…

bomberpap

March 28, 2019 at 6:33 pm

Ridley out for Parish :/ Looks like I’ll have to cop the 25 that Burgess dishes out…

March 28, 2019 at 6:54 pm

Ridley very unlucky, wasn’t that much worse than the rest of the garbage Essendon dished up.

bomberpap

March 28, 2019 at 7:01 pm

Purely structural according to Woosha – he said St Kilda play a small forward line and as a tall defender they sacrificed Ridley. Makes me think he could come back in next week hopefully. There were far worse players out there on the weekend than him that’s for sure.

Benny

March 28, 2019 at 6:40 pm

Which rookie would you bring in for Hore? Lockhart or Schutz via DPP. And would you start Lockhart over Scrimshaw?

Benny

March 28, 2019 at 6:46 pm

Or Wilkie, due to low B/E?

MagicDoor

March 28, 2019 at 6:48 pm

I’d lean Schultz via DPP, Scrimshaw on field

March 28, 2019 at 6:57 pm

If Schutz survives the cut on Friday afternoon I will definitely be bringing him in, can’t argue with a negative breakeven. While none of their JS is great, I think his is slightly better than Lockhart and Wilkie.

I would start Scrimshaw over Lockhart in that hypothetical, can’t ignore Scrimshaw getting 50 points in a quarter in JLT, there is potential there.

MagicDoor

March 28, 2019 at 6:44 pm

1. Zac Williams to Nic Newman,
    2. Dunkley to Worpel, or
    3. Balta to Petrucelle (Bench)

Miyagi-san

March 28, 2019 at 6:49 pm

Which 3 do you trade out of Zerrett, Balta and Hore?

If Zerrett, current mids are already Conig, Gus Brayshaw, Brad/Matt Crouch, Rockpig and rooks Constable and Walsh (Gibbons/Atkins bench)

Balta out means Gryan Miers onfield and Burgess as bench in fwds, Hore was bench def with collins, Clark/Scrimshaw/Duursma def rooks on field

March 28, 2019 at 7:06 pm

I’m a conservative Fantasy coach so I don’t believe in sideways trading premiums early. I’m actually a Zerrett owner and will be holding. Focus on getting all your rookies making money for later in the season.

Miyagi-san

March 28, 2019 at 7:10 pm

That is how I am leaning… thinking Schultz for Balta (on field instead of miers?) and the new boy Lockart for Hore?

March 28, 2019 at 7:13 pm

They are my inclusions at this point!

The Cricket

March 29, 2019 at 1:04 am

Ditto, Ollie. And welcome back!

Alan J

March 28, 2019 at 6:55 pm

Farken Horse Dung App…..
    It can’t seem to figure out that Balta to Wilkie works via Burgess from DEF to FWD, so I’m locked in with Balta and have to trade out Hore..
    Even tried loading the page from my phone, but it still cant sort its shit out..
    I mean, it’s as badly thought out as the Channel 7 app……..

Alan J

March 28, 2019 at 7:15 pm

JUST figured it out, it was not straight forward at all..
      Had to log in through the website and select everything in an exact order or it wouldn’t work..

The Cricket

March 28, 2019 at 8:19 pm

Yep. And I can’t log into the website from my phone cos it keeps saying my email address is invalid … wtf

Lewis

March 28, 2019 at 6:58 pm

Who has the best job security out of Petruccelle and Miers?

bomberpap

March 28, 2019 at 7:03 pm

Both are on thin ice. I thought Miers could be gone this week but he survived, and Petruccelle is probably in the same boat. Really seems like a coin toss, because both teams have players out of their best 22 looking to come back in over the next few weeks.

March 28, 2019 at 7:07 pm

I agree with Bomberpap, they’re both equally bad. If I HAD to choose one, I’d say Miers slightly better JS.

The Salamander

March 28, 2019 at 7:02 pm

Is the full lockout tonight or tomorrow?

March 28, 2019 at 7:04 pm

Tomorrow

Prowling Tiger

March 28, 2019 at 7:04 pm

How do you sub a player from the bench to on-field in AF, there are no sub icons to click on.

March 28, 2019 at 7:09 pm

Should be the green and red arrows? Are you using the app or a browser?

Liam

March 28, 2019 at 7:15 pm

Hey lads stuck with trades this week, really wanting to get the pig in just don’t know how and who to trade out.
    Thinking of going
    brayshaw-rocky
    Atkins- Scott
    Leaving me 154k in bank for next week
    Thoughts appreciated
    Lloyd, Smith, Williams, Clark, Duursma, Scrimshaw( Hore, Burgess)
    Macrae, Cripps, Brayshaw, Mcrouch, Bcrouch, Libba, Walsh, Constable( Gibbons, Atkins)
    Grundy, Goldy
    Danger, Heeney, Kelly, Worpel, Setters, Drew( Balta, Parker

Liam

March 28, 2019 at 7:46 pm

??

March 28, 2019 at 8:03 pm

If you are set on getting Rocky then I’d probably trade Cripps before Brayshaw, but personally I wouldn’t do either because I don’t like trading premiums early in the season. Hore/Burgess/Balta may come back to bite later on…

March 28, 2019 at 8:04 pm

Good team btw.

James

March 28, 2019 at 7:16 pm

Darn can’t believe Ridley got dropped. Thinking of holding him and pray he gets back in next week. Still have Hore and Brander to deal with

March 28, 2019 at 7:19 pm

If what Bomberpap said here is accurate (that it was a structure decision, not form) he could well be included next week. I would definitely hold over Hore and Brander.

Ben Cousins

March 28, 2019 at 7:39 pm

Ollie, Rocky or MaCrae or Sloane as Captain?

March 28, 2019 at 7:56 pm

I follow Calvin’s advice most weeks, went with Cogs in R1 as he suggested and was rewarded handsomely. He reckons Macrae and looking at the form, ground, and matchup, I’d have to agree. For the record I’ll be going Rocky though (because I don’t have Macrae).

Mark

March 28, 2019 at 8:19 pm

Any details on Lockhart – would he or Wilkie be the better option. I’m guessing Wilkie has better job security but no idea on Lockhart’s scoring prospects.

March 28, 2019 at 9:04 pm

Lockhart averaged 68 in the VFL last year. Wilkie the better option for mine because he has the low BE now (10 I believe) and the Saints have omitted Joyce ahead of him so JS is ok. Neither looks like a great prospect though.

JD

March 28, 2019 at 10:49 pm

Trying to work out what to do to fix my rookies
    Dropping M.Hore (Melbourne), Have already X.Duursma, S.Collins, C. Burgess. Not sure who to put in
    1) J. Clark
    2) C. Wilkie
    3) J. Scrimshaw

Need to Field 1 of the above, Ant help is appreciated
    😊

March 29, 2019 at 12:52 am

If you have the money then I’d drop Hore and Collins for Clarke and Wilkie.

bort22

March 28, 2019 at 11:26 pm

First trade was Hore to Wilkie. With only 17k in the bank i’m stuck for ideas. Any suggestions?

Laird, Lloyd, Smith, Williams, Duursma, Clark (Scrimshaw, Wilkie)
    Macrae, Coniglio, M.Crouch, Rockliff, B.Crouch, Walsh, Scott, Constable (Gibbons, Atkins)
    Grundy, Gawn
    Dangerfield, Heeney, Boak, Setterfield, Parker, Drew (Miers, Burgess)

March 29, 2019 at 12:49 am

Good team! Nothing really jumps off the page…Heeney to T.Kelly if you liked what you saw R1? Might also consider going Hore down to Lockhart instead, should give you the money to get Miers to Schultz. Definitely no obvious answer!

Ted Bullpitt

March 29, 2019 at 1:59 am

Ollie, should we giving all priority to buying the best young players with very low break evens even if it means possibly losing early matches?

March 29, 2019 at 9:40 am

That depends on how much you value your league. To me the ultimate bragging rights is your overall ranking and I pay no attention to the leagues I’m in, but others might feel differently.

Having said that, I feel everyone’s number one priority should be getting a bench full of productive rookies because a) it burns two rookies to get to one gun in an up/down trade, and b) you need everyone active for byes.

Harry

March 29, 2019 at 1:30 pm

Heeney to Worpel (340k in bank) or Libba to Worpel?? (70k in bank) ??

Would love another opinion!

March 29, 2019 at 2:44 pm

I don’t like trading premiums down to mid-pricers, feels like you’re getting further away from completing your team. Libba to Worpel (One mid pricer to a ‘better’ mid pricer) makes more sense to me.

Richard Head

March 29, 2019 at 5:06 pm

I am planning to buy Bailey Scott next week. Have I left that too late?

Frank

March 29, 2019 at 5:18 pm

He scores a 50, and he’ll be 50k more expensive. He should be the #1 target this week (definitely over Rocky) if you don’t have him.

March 29, 2019 at 5:48 pm

I don’t like to use the phrase ‘Must Have’…but Bailey Scott is a must have! His breakeven is negative 20!!

Michael (Wacko) Jackson

March 29, 2019 at 5:49 pm

Frank, Rocky will probably make 25k this week anyway so not bad. But I do understand that some people like to pick up the young ones.

Barry Humphrey

March 30, 2019 at 2:27 am

Ollie, I have Mills of Sydney as I expected him to play mainly midfield this year. That hasnt happened because Longmire currently need him in defense. Do you expect Longmite will have to move him into midfield with the midfield struggling or should I trade him?