Connect with us

My Team

Drawing Board 2019

Chad has an early version of his popular team builder site ready for next season.

While we are waiting for AFL Fantasy Classic to open in January, our friend Chad at www.dtlive.com.au has got the 2019 version of his popular team picker, the Drawing Board, opened for coaches to start building their teams.

Chad has crunched the numbers and got a version up that takes in A quick recap on how prices are calculated.

  • $12,800,000 salary cap is projected.
  • Players are priced based on their output last season. eg. 2018 average x magic number (approx 7142 for 2019).
  • Players who missed a full season receive a discount of 30% on their 2017 average.
  • Players who have missed two or more seasons received a discount of 35% on their last available average.
  • Players playing less than 10 games receive a 3% discount on each game under 10. eg. Play 5 games in 2016, then they receive a 15% discount. This is applied to the higher of their season average from the last two years.

Head to www.dtlive.com.au and under AFL, click on Drawing Board to start picking your squad of 30 players now. You will need a free account to get started. The easy to use and mobile friendly site has plenty of information including what average a player is priced at, their bye round, early opponents and an ownership percentage for registered teams on DT Live. Also, don’t forget to put in your projected average for your own user as well as compiling a site-wide projected average.

Copy and paste your team into the comments below simply from DT Live.

Click here to start picking your AFL Fantasy Classic team for 2019 over at Chad’s dtlive.com.au

270 Comments

270 Comments

  1. Avatar

    PK

    January 4, 2019 at 11:01 am

    Here we go again…

    TEAM NAME: . (AFL Fantasy 2019)
    Used: $12,786,000 (99.9%), Remaining: $14,000 (0.1%) On Ground: $11,326,000 (88.5%), On Bench: $1,460,000 (11.4%)
    Expected Total: 1716, Site Expected Total: 2085
    Def: L.Whitfield (101.64), C.Blakely (92.96), Z.Williams (58.94), C.Ellis (36.54), I.Quaynor (34.44), S.Collins (34.44) (H.Wigg (23.80), H.Goddard (23.80))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (131.32), Z.Merrett (103.04), J.Redden (97.72), D.Martin (94.36), T.Taranto (92.40), B.Crouch (73.36), W.Setterfield (35.14), C.Constable (23.80) (B.Bewley (23.80), N.Hind (23.80))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (121.94), M.Kreuzer (80.64) (Z.Clarke (37.80), D.Cameron (23.80))
    Fwd: P.Dangerfield (107.94), J.Dunkley (97.30), B.Acres (81.76), C.Rozee (36.68), B.Cavarra (25.48), J.Corbett (23.80) (S.McAdam (23.80), M.Lewis (23.80))

    • Avatar

      Dan

      January 4, 2019 at 1:18 pm

      I like some of your picks PK but there’s also a bit I would look at changing.
      Setterfield needs to be in your forward line instead. I’d probably just replace Rozee with him. Not sure about Acres either. Awkward price and wouldn’t be guaranteed to score over 90. Wingard or Kelly would be better punts around that price I think.
      I think Kreuzer is a risk given his health problems. Has only averaged over his current price 3 times in 11 seasons.
      I like the picks of Redden and Martin but I think Taranto might be too much of a risk. He really needs to average over 100 to be worth it. If you want a punt at that price then Sloane would be a better bet. Has gone well over 100 before.
      Also not sure about the job security of Quaynor in the backline. Logue or Burgess more likely to play regularly I think.

    • Avatar

      Jake

      January 4, 2019 at 1:56 pm

      You have a fairly even spread of premos across all lines, which I like, with a couple of nice POD’s sprinkled in there. If Acres, Redden and Taranto all come out firing you’ll get a huge jump on the rest of the competition. I’m not very keen on Redden as a POD, but if you like him, then go for it. Taranto is one that could go big. The loss of Scully and Shiel from the Giants midfield, plus natural progression could see Taranto go 100+. Acres is an unknown quality for me. I get the feeling that either him or Gresham will breakout in 2019, I’m just not sure which one of them it will be. Other than that, your Rucks are good, your Defence looks good.

      Overall, a very good looking team. If I was to change anything I would drop Redden and maybe Williams and upgrade one of your Def or Fwd Rookies to an out-and-out Premo.

      • Avatar

        Dan

        January 4, 2019 at 2:15 pm

        A bit of conflicting advice there between us Jake haha. Just goes to show a lot does come down to opinion.

        • Avatar

          PK

          January 4, 2019 at 2:50 pm

          Haha cheers lads, redden, taranto and acres are 3 i think could go over 100 avg but there is a heap of risk involved, il be watching all closely during preseason. Want to keep the theme of less expencive midfielders and keep bcrouch at m6. I’ll be keeping setterfield mid for dpp.

          My team will change 100 times before round 1, cheers for the input!

  2. Avatar

    PowerAde

    January 4, 2019 at 5:29 pm

    Just a test

    TEAM NAME: test19. (AFL Fantasy 2019)
    Used: $12,789,000 (99.9%), Remaining: $11,000 (0.1%) On Ground: $11,429,000 (89.3%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.6%)
    Expected Total: 1724, Site Expected Total: 2067
    Def: R.Laird (109.48), J.Lloyd (103.32), L.Whitfield (101.64), A.Witherden (89.46), J.Scrimshaw (28.42), P.Naish (23.80) (H.Wigg (23.80), H.Goddard (23.80))
    Mid: J.Macrae (124.60), J.Kelly (110.18), Z.Merrett (103.04), B.Crouch (73.36), D.Hannebery (60.76), W.Setterfield (35.14), N.Hind (23.80), C.Constable (23.80) (B.Bewley (23.80), H.Brayshaw (23.80))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (121.94), M.Kreuzer (80.64) (D.Cameron (23.80), M.Flynn (23.80))
    Fwd: D.Smith (108.36), P.Dangerfield (107.94), J.Dunkley (97.30), B.Cavarra (25.48), M.Ling (23.80), S.McAdam (23.80) (J.Corbett (23.80), M.Lewis (23.80))

  3. Avatar

    Jake

    January 4, 2019 at 5:49 pm

    Nice team. I can genuinely find nothing to criticize. Your defence is strong, You’re batting deep in the midfield and you have two premo rucks. I personally don’t like Crouch or Hannebery as mid-priced options, but I can certainly see why other people do.

    A damn fine team.

  4. Avatar

    Greg

    January 4, 2019 at 11:29 pm

    TEAM NAME: Greg’s Sharks. (AFL Fantasy 2019)
    Used: $12,772,000 (99.8%), Remaining: $28,000 (0.2%) On Ground: $11,312,000 (88.4%), On Bench: $1,460,000 (11.4%)
    Expected Total: 1927, Site Expected Total: 2089
    Def: L.Whitfield (100), C.Blakely (92.96), A.Witherden (89.46), Z.Williams (90), G.Logue (30.24), H.Wigg (23.80) (H.Goddard (23.80), C.Burgess (23.80))
    Mid: M.Crouch (110), Z.Merrett (110), L.Neale (101.78), B.Crouch (105), D.Hannebery (60.76), T.Liberatore (90), B.Bewley (23.80), C.Constable (70) (S.Walsh (37.80), H.Brayshaw (23.80))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (120), M.Kreuzer (80.64) (D.Cameron (23.80), M.Lynch (23.80))
    Fwd: P.Dangerfield (110), J.Dunkley (105), T.Kelly (100), C.Wingard (100), W.Setterfield (70), J.Corbett (23.80) (J.Petruccelle (23.80), S.McAdam (23.80))

    Pretty happy with this team. One change I can make is to downgrade one of T Kelly or Wingard and upgrade a Libba or Hanners to a premium, but at the moment I feel like those two are more value than the forward mid-pricers.

    Suggestions are more than welcome.

    • Avatar

      Tarn

      January 5, 2019 at 12:25 am

      personally i like Heeney more than Kelly and Wingard this year, think he could move more into an inside mid role while the other 2 might play various roles along the year. Also not really sold on Libba, i just think he’s gonna be a slow burn as he could take a couple of weeks to get going coming back from an acl.

  5. Avatar

    arcticflyingwombat

    January 5, 2019 at 1:51 am

    TEAM NAME: Passive Aggressive (AFL Fantasy 2019)
    Used: $12,790,000 (99.9%), Remaining: $10,000 (0.1%) On Ground: $11,430,000 (89.3%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.6%)
    Expected Total: 1722, Site Expected Total: 2065
    Def: J.Lloyd (103.32), C.Blakely (92.96), A.Witherden (89.46), Z.Williams (58.94), S.Collins (34.44), H.Goddard (23.80) (P.Naish (23.80), H.Wigg (23.80))
    Mid: P.Cripps (111.02), J.Kelly (110.18), A.Brayshaw (106.82), S.Sidebottom (105.00), Z.Merrett (103.04), L.Stocker (32.76), C.Constable (23.80), B.Bewley (23.80) (C.Lyons (23.80), H.Brayshaw (23.80))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (121.94), M.Kreuzer (80.64) (D.Cameron (23.80), M.Flynn (23.80))
    Fwd: D.Smith (108.36), J.Dunkley (97.30), T.Kelly (88.20), W.Setterfield (35.14), B.Cavarra (25.48), C.Burgess (23.80) (S.McAdam (23.80), J.Corbett (23.80))

    Got a powerful midfield, just testing out the balancing

  6. Avatar

    Cockatoo

    January 5, 2019 at 8:58 pm

    G’day everyone – Just looking for some general thoughts at this time of year! This is the ‘best’ in terms of $ per point I have made so far. Pretty happy with it, sticking to guns and rooks strategy, largely ignoring the mid priced bait in the MID this year. Cheers – Cockatoo

    TEAM NAME: Charlies Cockatoos. (AFL Fantasy 2019)
    Used: $12,786,000 (99.9%), Remaining: $14,000 (0.1%) On Ground: $11,426,000 (89.3%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.6%)
    Expected Total: 1896, Site Expected Total: 2081

    Def: R.Laird (110), L.Whitfield (101.64), A.Witherden (89.46), Z.Williams (85), S.Collins (65), G.Logue (30.24) (H.Goddard (60), C.Burgess (23.80))

    Mid: P.Cripps (111.02), J.Kelly (110.18), M.Crouch (106.54), Z.Merrett (103.04), L.Neale (101.78), D.Hannebery (82), S.Walsh (65), L.Valente (55) (C.Constable (70), B.Bewley (65))

    Ruc: B.Grundy (121.94), Z.Clarke (37.80) (D.Cameron (50), M.Flynn (23.80))

    Fwd: J.Dunkley (97.30), I.Heeney (92.12), T.J. Lynch (82), I.Rankine (37.24), W.Setterfield (70), B.Cavarra (25.48) (J.Corbett (23.80), S.McAdam (23.80))

    Notes: Hanners is in for breakeven/cash cow ability. Will dump him to Miles or B. Crouch depending who has best BE of the 3 after rd 1. Z. Williams in for the same reason, know he wont be top 6.

    Punting on Z. Clarke at R2 playing as 2nd ruckman at Essendon averaging 65+

    Expecting T Lynch at Richmond to average 80-90 meaning he will make a lot of money and potentially be a F5/6 until mid year.

    Rooks are changeable. I have put 2 rooks over $200k in each on field spot so I have to the cash available to get who seems best closer to rd 1.

    • Avatar

      Jake

      January 6, 2019 at 2:20 pm

      Nice looking team Cockatoo. I like the Guns ‘n’ Rooks strategy. Very strong team. Personally, I think you need to start with Mitchell/Macrae. The Hawks and Bulldogs have the two best fixtures of any teams and they could come out firing. I like the forwards. I think Clarke could definitely be a bargain this year. If Bellchambers goes down with an injury, he could be great, and even if Bellchambers is playing, I think the Bombers could play Clarke and Bellchambers in the same team. I’ve gone for a similar strategy in RDT with Longer instead of Clarke, I think this might be the year when we go away from the set-and-forget Ruck structure and look for other options. Very nice team for this time of year.

  7. Avatar

    Dan

    January 6, 2019 at 3:46 am

    Really good looking team. Only a couple of things you might want to consider:
    -No Mitchell or Macrae in midfield might leave you a bit vunerable if one or both get off to a flyer. It also won’t be too easy to afford them both once the season starts.
    -I like the idea of Lynch in general but as with all key forwards he will be inconsistent. Also coming off half a season out and will need to gel with his new team.
    -I reckon Rankine’s role at the Suns will probably mean he won’t be a big scorer. I’d save the 100k and bring in another cheaper option if there is one named early. Or alternatively downgrade another player and upgrade him, as the forward line is probably your weakest line.

    • Avatar

      Cockatoo

      January 6, 2019 at 6:21 am

      Thanks Dan! Appreciate it. The not starting with Mitchell/Macrae is a huge risk. Im gambling on a bad score and big break evens in rd2 and pick them up around rd 3-5. Surely pig cant do 130 straight from the stall?

      Re Lynch, just thinking of a premium midfield kicking to 2 talls. I just don’t really trust any of the big $$$ forwards except Smith. Don’t trust a consistent roll for the Dogs players so might change Dunkley, can’t stand the frustration of Menagola (plus they have a stacked midfield group) and think Danger is overpriced and won’t meet his BE’s at the start of the year. So taking a mid priced risk and catch any of the above mentioned when they drop a bit in price.

      Thanks for your tips! – Cockatoo

      • Avatar

        Kim

        January 6, 2019 at 1:02 pm

        Sorry but how is Danger overpriced? Are you on the spectrum?

        • Avatar

          Dan

          January 6, 2019 at 1:18 pm

          No worries Cockatoo.
          Wouldn’t have thought that was necessary Kim. You’re going to look pretty stupid if he’s right. All a matter of opinion at this stage.

          • Avatar

            Dazza

            January 6, 2019 at 3:46 pm

            Tend to agree with Kim here, danger is not overpriced, in fact underpriced if anything!
            Solid team though Cockatoo, think you will need to start with one of titch and macrae as they both can go huge and are worthy captain options.
            Personally I can’t see Zac clarke averaging much more than 50-60 with Bellchambers in the team, which isn’t enough for an R2.
            Overall good first up team

        • Avatar

          bullant9

          January 6, 2019 at 4:25 pm

          Danger is a lock mate , lunchmeat has only done it once , trust issues are around the wrong way

  8. Avatar

    Dazza

    January 6, 2019 at 3:51 pm

    First crack at it here lads. Reasonably happy with it but a lot will change before round 1. Pretty standard team with the exception of Tim English at R2, think he gets the number 1 ruck role at the dogs with Roughead and Campbell gone and hoping he can bring his VFL form into the AFL for an average of 80+, definitely a big risk.

    TEAM NAME: Version1. (AFL Fantasy 2019)
    Used: $12,736,000 (99.5%), Remaining: $64,000 (0.5%) On Ground: $11,376,000 (88.9%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.6%)
    Expected Total: 1723, Site Expected Total: 2081
    Def: L.Whitfield (101.64), A.Witherden (89.46), N.Newman (77.28), Z.Williams (58.94), C.Ellis (36.54), H.Wigg (23.80) (H.Goddard (23.80), C.Wilkie (23.80))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (131.32), J.Macrae (124.60), M.Crouch (106.54), Z.Merrett (103.04), B.Crouch (73.36), S.Walsh (37.80), N.Hind (23.80), C.Constable (23.80) (M.Ling (23.80), B.Bewley (23.80))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (121.94), T.English (62.44) (M.Flynn (23.80), L.Meek (23.80))
    Fwd: D.Smith (108.36), P.Dangerfield (107.94), J.Dunkley (97.30), W.Setterfield (35.14), J.Corbett (23.80), C.Burgess (23.80) (J.Petruccelle (23.80), M.Lewis (23.80))

    • Avatar

      Jake

      January 6, 2019 at 9:04 pm

      Nice looking team. I’m liking all these teams with Grundy at R1 and a cheap R2, it’s a refreshing change from the old ‘Set and Forget’ formula, and English is as good as any to take the punt with, if you’re going to go for a cheap R2. As someone who owned him from the start last year when he came out flying, I think he could do very well for you. Mids are very strong. No faults there. Your defence is perhaps a touch too weak. If you’re picking Newman at D3 then you’re really expecting him to be a Top 6-8 defender, and I don’t think he will be. He might prove me wrong though. Forwards are fine, fairly vanilla, but that’s not a bad thing.

      Good looking team.

      • Avatar

        Dazza

        January 7, 2019 at 4:21 pm

        Yeah I think English certainly has the potential! And in terms of Newman I’m expecting an average of 90-95 which probably makes him my last upgrade in defence, which I am fine with.

  9. Avatar

    KB

    January 7, 2019 at 1:12 pm

    Whats your thoughts on leaving money in the bank at the start of the season? or should we try and spend all of it.

    • Avatar

      peterthomas25

      January 7, 2019 at 2:59 pm

      Right now I’ve got 230K left. This will change closer to the season, but I like to make sure I have at least 50K left before the start of every season. I think this year you can look to have money left over with the number of decent mid-pricers there are, but ultimately it’s your choice whether or not you think you can make a good team with money to spare.

    • Avatar

      Dan

      January 7, 2019 at 3:01 pm

      Depends on how much money you’re talking about. My general policy would be to have as much money on your field as possible at all times. That said if there’s not a lot of rookies that look like getting a run of games early on then perhaps having a little spare to make moves after the first couple of rounds might be useful. I don’t think that will be the case however.

    • Avatar

      Jake

      January 7, 2019 at 4:00 pm

      I’m generally against leaving money in the bank at the start of the season. In fact, my team in the RDT Team Picker has exactly $0 remaining, and I’m very happy with it. I like to think of it, not as $ but as points. Let’s say you have a team that you’re happy with, with $250K in the bank, and Sam Collins at D4. Collins will probably struggle to average 60. He might go high-50’s. If you use that cash to upgrade Collins to say, Zac Williams, and Williams averages 90, then your team is 30+ ppg better off, right from the outset.

      I think if you have a team that you’re happy with and like, $20-30K left, then that’s fine, don’t worry about it, and certainly don’t bring in players that you don’t particularly want, just to use up your remaining cash. More than about $50k remaining though, and I would be starting to think that maybe there are ways you can use that money to improve your team.

  10. Avatar

    Kyle

    January 7, 2019 at 1:21 pm

    TEAM NAME: 19 Fantasy (AFL Fantasy 2019)
    Used: $12,776,000 (99.8%), Remaining: $24,000 (0.2%) On Ground: $11,416,000 (89.2%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.6%)
    Expected Total: 2089, Site Expected Total: 2094

    Def: R.Laird (108), A.Witherden (99), N.Newman (92), Z.Williams (86), S.Collins (66), H.Wigg (40) (H.Goddard (51), N.Answerth (40))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (130), P.Cripps (113), J.Kelly (114), Z.Merrett (113), B.Crouch (105), S.Walsh (70), C.Taylor (60), B.Bewley (59) (C.Constable (23.80), N.Hind (40))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (118), S.Jacobs (94) (J.Sweet (30), D.Cameron (30))
    Fwd: D.Smith (106), P.Dangerfield (109), C.Wingard (95), W.Setterfield (68), B.Cavarra (59), J.Corbett (55) (C.Burgess (53), S.McAdam (40))

    Thoughts on first crack at it.

  11. Avatar

    Dan

    January 7, 2019 at 3:11 pm

    Pretty nice looking team Kyle. Only a couple of guys I’m not keen on. I don’t think Curtis Taylor will necessarily get games early, so look to change that if you can once we have a better idea of which rookies will play. I also don’t think Jacobs is the smartest move. He’s 31 this year. I can’t see him bouncing back to high 90s again. Longer, English, Preuss and Clarke are all much cheaper options and probably carry less risk.
    The only other thing is your general structure, with only 2 true premiums in your forwardline and defence. You’d really want to hope that Newman, Williams and/or Wingard go pretty close to being top 6 in their positions otherwise you’re going to need to use a trade to upgrade them at some point.

  12. Avatar

    Brendan

    January 7, 2019 at 3:46 pm

    Noticing less and less teams wit Hanners in them

    • Avatar

      Jake

      January 7, 2019 at 4:07 pm

      Because people are starting to realise that he’s not as good value as he first appears. There is a reason he’s priced so cheap.

      • Avatar

        Brendan

        January 7, 2019 at 4:11 pm

        Somewhat agree. Priced at 60 though so very cheap. But probably needs to go 85+ to be worth it. I guess the good premium rookies can go 70-75, and are 200k less for 10 points difference

        • Avatar

          PK

          January 8, 2019 at 12:51 pm

          He’s had hamstring issues this preseason, that’s why everyone is off him

  13. Avatar

    Double Parked

    January 7, 2019 at 5:01 pm

    Team Name: Double Parked
    Remaining: 5k

    Site Expected Total: 2119

    Def: J.Lloyd, A.Witherden, B.Smith, Z.Williams, M.Hore, H.Wigg (C.Burgess, H.Goddard)

    Mid: T.Mitchell, M.Crouch, Z.Merrett, B.Crouch, D.Hannebery, A.Miles, T.Liberatore, S.Walsh (C.Constable, B.Bewley)

    Ruc: B.Grundy, M.Gawn (D.Cameron, M.Flynn)

    Fwd: P.Dangerfield, J.Dunkley, T.Kelly, W.Setterfield, B.Cavarra, C.Nutting (J.Corbett, S.McAdam)

    Thoughts? A fair few of my players have a lot of upside, just not sure whether I’m a little too midpriced heavy.

    Cheers

    • Avatar

      Jake

      January 7, 2019 at 5:13 pm

      Personally, I think you are a little too mid-priced heavy, mostly in the midfield. Your forwards are the line I like the most. Some guns in Dangerfield and Dunkley, a great POD in Kelly and Setterfield at F4, love it.

      Your rucks are interesting. It seems like a Grundy/Gawn combo is actually going to be unique this year, a lot of people are looking elsewhere for an R2, so if Gawn can do what he did last year, he could give you a leg-up on the rest of the competition.

      Your defence is fine, other than Brodie Smith, get rid of him and maybe upgrade him to a legit premo.

      Your midfield looks fine for the first three selections, but I think B.Crouch, Hannebery, MIles and Liberatore is two mid-pricers too many. I would choose two of those four, and keep them, then with the other two, downgrade one to a rookie and upgrade one to a premo.

      Love the Kelly selection in the forwards. I think he could be great this year.

  14. Avatar

    Jack

    January 7, 2019 at 6:17 pm

    Which line does everyone think has the worse choice of Rooks in terms of points and longevity.

    • Avatar

      Jake

      January 7, 2019 at 9:09 pm

      Rucks. lol

      Seriously though, it’s a bit pointless asking such a question now. The rookies always make themselves known as the pre-season progresses and everybody has pretty much the same ones when the first lockout rolls around. If I had to hazard a guess, maybe the forwards. Corbett is definitely going to play and Cavarra from the Bulldogs looks pretty good, but other than that, it looks like it might be slim pickings. As I said though, I’m sure the good rookies will announce themselves in the pre-season.

      • Avatar

        Tarn

        January 8, 2019 at 1:43 am

        I still dont know why r4 still exists, most years it is a throwaway position and im pretty sure at the start of last year people raised the same question and Warnie said they are looking at ways of changing it this year. I highly doubt anything will change this year since nothings been spoken about but its annoying that we have to spend 170k on a guy who wont play a game the whole year.

  15. Avatar

    KB

    January 9, 2019 at 12:48 am

    am i the only one that is looking at my team and is worried about the amount of Carlton and GCS players on the field at the moment???

    • Avatar

      Jake

      January 9, 2019 at 5:23 pm

      Don’t worry about it mate. Gold Coast has some good rookie options available, and Carlton, despite being the wooden-spooners still have some good options. Pretty much everyone has Setterfield. I’d expect Walsh and Stocker to feature early, in terms of Premos they have Kade Simpson and Patrick Cripps. Kreuzer is a decent option at R2. If you had Simpson, Cripps, Kreuzer, Walsh and Setterfield, I wouldn’t be too worried. They are all quality players, despite being from the same team.

  16. Avatar

    Dan

    January 9, 2019 at 2:45 am

    There will always been some decent rookie options for teams down the bottom of the ladder. Should be more opportunities and perhaps better job security. I’d generally steer clear of playing too many non-rookies from those teams though, with Cripps probably being the obvious exception.

  17. Avatar

    Richo

    January 9, 2019 at 4:14 pm

    Kruezer and Tim kelly or English and danger. I have kruezer at 95 and kelly at 95. English 75 and danger 110. Anyone disagree with my predictions?

    • Avatar

      Jim

      January 9, 2019 at 4:57 pm

      Unlikely Kreuzer gets to 95, having only gone above 87 once in his career, also a huge injury risk (never played a season without missing a game). I like Kelly but he too could be seen as a slight risk.

      Danger at 110 is more than fair (could be seen as unders) and English sounds like he has had a good Pre-season to date and could push 75-80.

      For the safety, I would pick Danger and English by a fair way. Hope this helps.

    • Avatar

      Jake

      January 9, 2019 at 5:19 pm

      Mate, Kreuzer and Kelly, by a mile. They could both be top players in their respective positions. As good as English is, I don’t think he will be. I think you’ve been a little conservative with Kreuzer. He has averaged 105 in the past, and I think he could well get back to that. Kelly might not get to 95, I’m predicting 93, but either way, still a quality POD forward who will be in the elite bracket come the end of the season.

      • Avatar

        Jim

        January 9, 2019 at 8:35 pm

        I agree with Kelly, in fact I think he could push the ton. The reason why I don’t trust Kruezer is because he is injury prone and they’ll rest him to ensure his heart is ok. Furthermore his averages:
        54 75.2 76 65.9 78.3 86.6 59.0 83.1 71.5 105.0 79.3 indicate he is unlikely to push a 95-100 that is needed. 1/11 isn’t great odds but take them if you choose.

        Saying this, if he gets the all clear and plays ok in the JLT I could be tempted but personally I am going for Clarke/Fort at R2 for extra strength in other lines.

        English too is unknown and maybe there are more suitable options but I think this kid could push triple figures later in his career so why doesn’t he take a big step towards that?

  18. Avatar

    Hamish

    January 9, 2019 at 7:46 pm

    Who is everyone picking for R2 and why, I’m finding this to be the toughest position to pick this year.

    • Avatar

      Jack

      January 9, 2019 at 8:52 pm

      How stupid is it if I somewhat sacrifice my midfield to hugely bolster my Forward and back lines to 9 premos all up in those two lines. It means I would have 13-14 ‘keepers’ in my team but only Mitchell and Merrett of note that are definite keepers in the midfield

      • Avatar

        Dan

        January 9, 2019 at 10:40 pm

        Jack, that could work but it really depends on who else you pick in your team. You don’t want to be going mid-priced in your midfield for no reason other than just to fit in an extra premium forward or something. Midfielders are still generally going to be the highest scoring players.
        Which premiums have you gone for at the moment?

        • Avatar

          Jack

          January 9, 2019 at 11:21 pm

          Def: J.Lloyd (103.32), C.Blakely (92.96), A.Witherden (89.46), Z.Williams (58.94), S.Collins (34.44), M.Hore (23.80)
          Mid: T.Mitchell (131.32), Z.Merrett (103.04), B.Crouch (73.36), D.Hannebery (60.76), T.Liberatore (54.88), S.Walsh (37.80), B.Smith (36.12), C.Constable (23.80)
          Ruc: B.Grundy (121.94), Z.Clarke (37.80)
          Fwd: P.Dangerfield (107.94), I.Heeney (92.12), T.Kelly (88.20), J.Billings (86.52), W.Setterfield (35.14), B.Cavarra (25.48)
          Simply put, I have 589k to add to a line. I love the value of the Mids and the rooks (albeit early) look head and shoulders above the rest. I am thinking about putting that cash on top of Hore and getting Whitfield/Sicily or Smith and getting whoever I want (possibly + some). If one of those 3 mid pricers fall during the pre season it is an easy fix.

          • Avatar

            Dan

            January 10, 2019 at 2:46 am

            I think the balance of your defence looks pretty good. I wouldn’t mess with that too much. You’ve gone for Billings and Kelly in your fwd line, neither of which are really nailed on to be top 6 forwards. I would look at upgrading one of them to Smith or Dunkley and then use the remaining money to upgrade Liberatore to another premium. I think having three mid-priced midfielders might be a little too risky when you only have two premium mids. That’s obviously just my thoughts. Your strategy might pay off but I do think it’s a little risky.

    • Avatar

      Dan

      January 9, 2019 at 10:36 pm

      I don’t think there’s enough upside to any of the 90+ guys (other than Grundy) to pick them at R2. I’m thinking Preuss or Clarke because they’re cheap. I’d then upgrade to whichever ruck is going the best 7-8 rounds in. I think the main reason people are jumping on Kreuzer is because he had one good season a couple of years ago. I don’t think he goes anywhere near that after his 2018 though and will be very likely to miss games at points during the season. I’m going to go out a limb and say he drops in value by the end of the year!
      English and Longer might also be worth a look but it would be more of a risk to start with them given their slightly higher prices.

    • Avatar

      Jake

      January 10, 2019 at 11:56 am

      At the moment I have Billy Longer in there. Having said that though, I do only play RDT, and he’s quite a bit more expensive in fantasy, so maybe not as viable. In Fantasy I’d be going for Clarke.

  19. Avatar

    Bandicoot

    January 10, 2019 at 11:12 am

    Does anyone know when DTLive will open up the drawing board for 2019 RDT squads?

    • Avatar

      Lachlan

      January 10, 2019 at 11:39 am

      It won’t

    • Avatar

      The Chosen Won

      January 10, 2019 at 11:51 am

      RDT 2019 team picker is open for those who had an active subscription in 2018.

      I am Menegola ©™

      Good Luck™®©

      • Avatar

        Bandicoot

        January 10, 2019 at 4:09 pm

        Thanks for the reply. I do have assistant coach and have put together a squad using the team picker. I just found that the DTLive drawing board offered a few more features.

    • Avatar

      Jake

      January 10, 2019 at 12:05 pm

      I don’t think it will, but the RDT Team Picker has been out for a while now, so if you were a subscriber last year, you can just use that.

  20. Avatar

    Jake

    January 10, 2019 at 12:04 pm

    Well lads, I’ve made a few changes to my team on the RDT Team Picker and I’d love your thoughts.

    Team Name: The Harlequins
    Cash Remaining: $3,100

    Def: R.Laird, L.Whitfield, K.Simpson, G.Birchall, J.Clark, C.Wilkie (J.Scrimshaw, J.McLennan)

    Mid: T.Mitchell, J.Macrae, J.Kelly, Z.Merrett, D.Martin, R.Sloane, S.Walsh, L.Stocker (C.Constable, B.Bewley, L.Valente)

    Ruc: B.Grundy, B.Longer (D.Cameron)

    Fwd: D.Smith, P.Dangerfield, T.Lynch, W.Setterfield, J.Corbett, B.Cavarra (M.Lewis, S.McAdam)

    So, I’ve made a couple of changes. I did have Toby Greeene at F3, but he’s injured and hasn’t even started running yet, so I decided to upgrade him to Tom Lynch from the Tigers. I traded out Jake Lloyd and brought in Kade Simpson, who I think is a great POD premo defender. He has averaged 95+ for the last three years in a row and the last time he missed more than three games in a season, was 2012.

    So, there it is. Tell me what you think. I’d love to hear your thoughts.

  21. Avatar

    Lank

    January 10, 2019 at 2:54 pm

    Hey how do i sign up for the afl fantasy drawing board?

  22. Avatar

    Kingzy1Kenobi (@gorilladz)

    January 10, 2019 at 6:12 pm

    Changed the team up, what do you guys think?

    Def: L.Whitfield (110), A.Witherden (100), N.Newman (92), Z.Williams (85), G.Logue (30.24), H.Wigg (60) (C.Burgess (23.80), H.Goddard (23.80))
    Mid: M.Crouch (110), Z.Merrett (118), D.Martin (94.36), B.Crouch (102), D.Hannebery (102), T.Liberatore (90), S.Walsh (70), C.Constable (23.80) (N.Shipley (23.80), B.Bewley (23.80))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (118), M.Kreuzer (95) (M.Flynn (23.80), D.Cameron (23.80))
    Fwd: D.Smith (110), P.Dangerfield (110), J.Dunkley (105), J.Billings (86.52), W.Setterfield (70), B.Cavarra (60) (S.McAdam (23.80), M.Lewis (23.80))

    $17K left
    Thinking Dusty should get back to 105+ with Lynch in the team, more mid time.
    If the stars align, could have 15 keepers if:
    Newman and Williams can avg 90+ D5 / D6
    Dusty, Crouch and Hanners 105+
    Billings 95+

    What do you guys think, pick it apart!

    • Avatar

      Jake

      January 10, 2019 at 8:04 pm

      I think you’re a bit off with your predictions for your so called “Premos” I think Dusty can probably average 105, but no way do Crouch or Hanners average that. Williams might push high-80’s average, but won’t go 90, and Newman will be lucky to average 85. Billings averaging 95 is a possibility, but I reckon he more likely goes low-90’s, which is still good, and still makes him worth picking up. I reckon your mids are way too weak without one of Mitchell or Macrae, and your Defence is way too weak, with Newman at D3.

      I think a lot of your projected averages are way off. Liberatore won’t get near 90, Hannebery won’t get near 102 and Newman won’t get near 92.
      Overall, a very weak team with way to many speculative mid-price picks and not enough genuine guns.

      • Avatar

        Kingzy1Kenobi (@gorilladz)

        January 10, 2019 at 9:36 pm

        Thanks for the feedback jake.
        I do think some of the predictions are high, but there’s is logic to aome of them.
        I think hanners will avg 100, the saints are a high possession team and he will be out to prove the doubters wrong. He has been injured the past few seasons and Sydney as a team has been bad at fantasy scoring with only Lloyd scoring a tonne.
        Brad Crouch will avg 100 if fit, he is a ball magnet.
        Newman is a gamble for sure, but given the ball will be in Carlton’s back line a lot he will feast on +6’s back there with simpon. His foot skills are highly rated and they will want it in his hands.
        Libba is a jlt watch for sure, is he isn’t in the guts he isn’t on the team. If in the guts 85-90 is achieveable and that price is a bargain!

    • Avatar

      Jack

      January 10, 2019 at 10:47 pm

      I disagree with Jake. I think all of your ‘value’ players have merit. I was not sold on Williams at first but I do think he could push 90 as to Newman. Newman will be a very much 120 one week and 60 the next but I think he is one to ride.
      The one downer in your midfield is no safe captain but Merrett may well turn out to be just that. Crouch and Hanners should push the ton and one if not both should be keepers. I see people’s worry with Liberatore but I am treating him as an beefed up rookie and an 80 avg does the selection justice.
      Personally I am not going with Kreuzer, I just feel 1/11 (avg of 87) isn’t good enough. The fwd line is great. I am cautious of the dogs so I may stay away from Dunkley. It is between Billings and Kelly for me.
      Overall very good team but I suppose you will just need to watch out for roles players might be playing

  23. Avatar

    Lank

    January 11, 2019 at 8:42 am

    When i go to dtlive.com.au and go to sign up it comes up saying registrations currently closed?

    • Avatar

      Rory

      January 11, 2019 at 1:03 pm

      Same, have tried emailing them but no luck

      • Avatar

        Lank

        January 11, 2019 at 2:41 pm

        Little bit jelous that all these boys are getting a nice head start. How long ago did you email them?

        • Avatar

          Bandicoot

          January 11, 2019 at 3:37 pm

          Shoulda registered earlier dickhead. You’ve only got yourself to blame you pleb.

          • Avatar

            Lank

            January 11, 2019 at 4:38 pm

            The season doesnt start for like 2 and a half months i thought i was registering early. im not blaming anybody ? I dont understand why registrations are closed, was there a cut off date?? Thankyou for going out of your way to reply with that productive comment though

          • Avatar

            Rory

            January 11, 2019 at 5:45 pm

            Thanks for the input Champ. Keep looking for that grip

        • Avatar

          Rory

          January 11, 2019 at 5:44 pm

          Emailed them around October / November. To be honest I’ve been checking for a hell of a lot longer than that and it’s always been closed

          • Avatar

            Lank

            January 11, 2019 at 8:18 pm

            Wow i guess we had to sign up before GF, Warnie posted about this at the start of Sept right after the home and away season. Spewing. Oh well.. Hopefully we wont have to wait to much longer until we can start playing with our teams on the real thing mate. It wont hurt us to bad I’d imagine seeing as we dont know whats really going on until JLT. Would be good to have some understanding of how 2019 will look and would be a bit of fun all the same. Just going to keep up the research for the time being and pop my head in here every now and again to see where peoples heads are at

  24. Avatar

    Double Parked

    January 11, 2019 at 1:14 pm

    TEAM NAME: Double Parked (AFL Fantasy)
    Remaining: $13k
    Site Expected Total: 2101

    Def: J.Lloyd, L.Whitfield, A.Witherden, Z.Williams, H.Wigg, C.Nutting (C.Burgess, H.Goddard)

    Mid: J.Macrae, M.Crouch, Z.Merrett, B.Crouch, D.Hannebery, T.Liberatore, S.Walsh, C.Constable (H.Brayshaw, B.Bewley)

    Ruc: B.Grundy, M.Gawn (D.Cameron, M.Flynn)

    Fwd: P.Dangerfield, J.Dunkley, T.Kelly, W.Setterfield, B.Cavarra, M.Parker (S.McAdam, J.Corbett)

    With Mitchell out I decided to play around with my team a little. Swapped Mitchell, Brodie Smith and Miles for Whitfield, Macrae and H.Brayshaw.

    Not sure on Gawn atm but R2 is a tricky one.

    Thoughts?

  25. Avatar

    Michael

    January 11, 2019 at 6:10 pm

    After todays events I have altered the team and still have 100K in the bank, open for suggestions.

    Expected Total: 2070, Site Expected Total: 2078
    Def: R.Laird (108), L.Whitfield (105), A.Witherden (99), Z.Williams (86), S.Collins (66), H.Wigg (40) (H.Goddard (51), N.Answerth (40))
    Mid: P.Cripps (113), C.Oliver (112), J.Kelly (114), Z.Merrett (113), B.Crouch (105), S.Walsh (70), C.Constable (60), B.Bewley (59) (W.Hayes (60), N.Hind (40))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (118), M.Kreuzer (95) (J.Sweet (30), D.Cameron (30))
    Fwd: P.Dangerfield (109), J.Dunkley (103), C.Wingard (95), W.Setterfield (68), B.Cavarra (59), J.Corbett (55) (M.Ling (55), C.Nutting (60))

    • Avatar

      Double Parked

      January 11, 2019 at 11:09 pm

      Solid side. If I were you I would downgrade Laird to Lloyd since Lloyd should overtake Rory with the extra kick in points this year, then use the 150k you have on upgrading Kreuzer. Oliver has dodgy shoulders and just had a double shoulder reconstruction so would consider swapping him for someone else, and if you went cheaper, you would be able to get Kreuzer to Gawn. Otherwise, good side for this stage of the preseason

  26. Avatar

    Greg

    January 12, 2019 at 11:09 am

    TEAM NAME: Greg’s Sharks. (AFL Fantasy 2019)
    Used: $12,783,000 (99.9%), Remaining: $17,000 (0.1%) On Ground: $11,423,000 (89.2%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.6%)
    Expected Total: 2069, Site Expected Total: 2086
    Def: L.Whitfield (100), C.Blakely (100), A.Witherden (95), Z.Williams (85), G.Logue (60), H.Wigg (60) (C.Burgess (23.80), H.Goddard (23.80))
    Mid: M.Crouch (110), N.Fyfe (110), Z.Merrett (110), L.Neale (101.78), D.Martin (105), B.Crouch (100), S.Walsh (70), B.Bewley (60) (H.Brayshaw (23.80), C.Constable (70))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (120), T.English (62.44) (D.Cameron (23.80), M.Lynch (23.80))
    Fwd: P.Dangerfield (110), J.Dunkley (105), C.Wingard (100), W.Setterfield (70), B.Cavarra (60), J.Corbett (55) (S.McAdam (23.80), J.Petruccelle (23.80))

    Pretty happy with this team so far. The only spot I have doubts about is English in R2, but I guess that is a JLT watch. Decided not to go with Macrae so I could have a little bit extra spending money on other lines (I believe the mids I picked won’t be too different anyway).

    What are everyone’s thoughts?

    • Avatar

      Jimmy

      January 12, 2019 at 11:22 am

      Backline and midfield solid and not a whole lot needs changing.
      R2 will be something that everyone will need to look at during JLT.
      Personally, I am going 4 premos in the Forwardline because (I know it’s early) but the rooks – aside from setterfield and Cavarra – don’t look like being the great scorers/Job security.
      Overall, a very solid team.

      • Avatar

        Greg

        January 12, 2019 at 11:46 am

        Yeah, it depends on whether Zac Clarke plays or not. If he does I’ll go English down to him and Dusty down to Libba, which allows me to go Corbett up to T. Kelly.

        • Avatar

          Jimmy

          January 12, 2019 at 2:02 pm

          Yeah sounds alright. Don’t sleep on Darcy Fort a very good chance to play Rd1 for the cats. If so, I think he could average 75-80 which might sound stupid but have a look at his SANFL (second best league behind AFL) numbers. Cats raving about him and there is a spot there for the taking.

  27. Avatar

    Brendan

    January 12, 2019 at 3:14 pm

    Starting to think I’ll just go Gawn at R2 and be done with it. All the others are risky. Preuss might play a few games but Gawn will still be R2 this year behind Grundy. Max is absolutely elite at what he does, don’t see the Dees changing things up too much. May lose a couple of hitouts but will still go 105

  28. Avatar

    Jake

    January 12, 2019 at 5:14 pm

    So, with the injury to Mitchell I had to change my team a little bit. I decided to go Mitchell > Neale. I’m a Lions supporter, so I’m going to be cheering on Neale anyway, so I figured I’d get him in and give me two reasons to cheer him on.

    Team Name: The Harlequins
    Cash Left: $7,900

    Def: R.Laird, J.Lloyd, L.Whitfield, G.Birchall, J.Scrimshaw, X.Duursma (C.Wilkie, N.Answerth)

    Mid: J.Macrae, J.Kelly, Z.Merrett, L.Neale, D.Martin, R.Sloane, S.Walsh, L.Stocker (C.Constable, B.Bewley, L.Valente)

    Ruc: B.Grundy, B.Longer (Z.Clarke)

    Fwd: D.Smith, P.Dangerfield, T.Kelly, W.Setterfield, J.Corbett, B.Cavarra (S.Sturt, S.McAdam)

    Obviously the rookies are subject to change. I might decide I want to downgrade Clarke and bring in Fort or Briggs if they are named for Round 1. Otherwise, I’m pretty happy with it. I’d love to get your thoughts. Any improvements I can make? All suggestions welcome.

  29. Avatar

    Jimmy

    January 12, 2019 at 5:18 pm

    Cripps or Ross?

    • Avatar

      Jake

      January 12, 2019 at 5:43 pm

      Ross.

      The Saints have Gold Coast and Essendon under the roof, then Freo, then a Mitchell-less Hawthorn for their first four games. He is going to come flying out of the blocks. I wouldn’t be surprised if he scores 125+ in each of those games. Compare that to Carlton’s start where they have Richmond, Port Adelaide and Sydney in the first three, who are all very hard teams to score against. I’d start with Ross, then maybe ditch him halfway through the season, maybe just before they go to China.

      • Avatar

        KB

        January 12, 2019 at 8:27 pm

        that is such a great selection, yeah you could ride with him until his bye!

  30. Avatar

    hammer84

    January 12, 2019 at 5:59 pm

    Gday all, very early team ive whacked together – happy to hear any feedback, im not sold on a few players, will be abit of a track their preseason. Rookies also will have to be monitored…

    TEAM NAME: The Maaadogs . (AFL Fantasy 2019)
    Used: $12,748,000 (99.6%), Remaining: $52,000 (0.4%) On Ground: $11,378,000 (88.9%), On Bench: $1,370,000 (10.7%)
    Expected Total: 1714, Site Expected Total: 2091
    Def: A.Witherden (89.46), D.Roberton (75.18), A.McGrath (72.52), R.Burton (63.00), Z.Williams (58.94), H.Wigg (23.80) (H.Goddard (23.80), T.McKenzie (23.80))
    Mid: N.Fyfe (103.74), D.Martin (94.36), M.Bontempelli (93.94), B.Crouch (73.36), T.Scully (62.44), T.Liberatore (54.88), S.Walsh (37.80), C.Constable (23.80) (N.Shipley (23.80), N.Hind (23.80))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (121.94), M.Kreuzer (80.64) (K.Strachan (23.80), D.Cameron (23.80))
    Fwd: P.Dangerfield (107.94), J.Westhoff (103.60), J.Dunkley (97.30), C.Petracca (81.90), I.Rankine (37.24), W.Setterfield (35.14) (C.Taylor (25.20), D.Langlands (23.80))

    • Avatar

      Jake

      January 12, 2019 at 6:05 pm

      I don’t think stacking the Forwards and Defence is the way to go, it makes your midfield very weak. A couple too many mid-pricers in each line I reckon. I don’t think Westhoff will go anywhere near what he did last year, so maybe consider trading him to Devon Smith or Toby McLean or another Fwd Premo. I really don’t like your Defence. As much as I love Witherden, I really don’t think he can be a D1. I think you really need to have Lard/Lloyd/Whitfield/Simpson as a D1. Monitor Roberton, I’m pretty sure he’s had heart issues in the past, and if they persist, there is no chance the Saints would play him. Scully is unlikely to be back for Round 1, so you might want to think about replacements for him. Rookies will make themselves known during the pre-season.

      Overall, a very weak team. I’d be going back to the drawing board and having a serious redesign.

      • Avatar

        hammer84

        January 12, 2019 at 6:11 pm

        thanks for the feedback mate, i dont consider it to be VERY weak, though a few players need to change. Do agree with you on witherden though – so most likely will bring in Lloyd. Problem is everyone will have him. Wasnt sure on Scully, but he is on my watch wish, if he can get fit he will be a good buy. I think Westoff will go close to what he averaged last year, and have included to be able to swap in the ruck (not my rookie with FWD status). Roberton of course will be monitored, he is underpriced by 30% this year due to not playing at all last year – yes heart condition. Will be swapped out quick smart if he isnt going will preseason.

    • Avatar

      Jimmy

      January 12, 2019 at 8:01 pm

      Mid-priced madness. Backline is just that. I like Witho but as Jake mentioned, he shouldn’t be D1. I see why picked Roberton and Williams, and to a lesser extent Burton but one kinda premo and 4 mid-pricers is a recipe for diasaster.
      Midfield is okish. I like Dusty but he shouldn’t be M2. I do like the Bont pick. Sources rate scully a 5-10% chance for Rd1 and there is some talk he may not play all year.
      Rucks are the usual.
      Danger good. Westhoff will probably drop. Dunkley’s role uncertatin. Petracca the same.
      This team is just not there I am sorry to say.
      I suggest you start with a clean slate and create a squad of maybe 40 to what throughout the preseason.

    • Avatar

      Double Parked

      January 12, 2019 at 8:20 pm

      At best you’ve got 8 keepers, though I don’t see many of them being in the ‘best 22’ by seasons end. The defence needs a major overhaul, drop the midpricers except for Williams and get some guns/rooks in there instead. Mids are really, really weak and Scully won’t play. Not a fan of petracca and Kreuzer as well

  31. Avatar

    Double Parked

    January 12, 2019 at 8:26 pm

    Liberatore, T. Kelly and Gawn
    Or
    Z. Clarke, J. Kelly and D. Smith ?

    • Avatar

      Tarn

      January 13, 2019 at 12:42 am

      if Clarke can get early games then id go with the 2nd option, got a top 4 mid in Kelly and top 2 fwd in Smith

  32. Avatar

    Tarn

    January 13, 2019 at 2:01 pm

    So with Titch injured Macrae is clearly the best mid and i think we just have to pay up or risk losing big points especially early with him playing Swans (at marval), Hawks, Suns, Pies, Blues and Freo in his first 6 games. The rest of the team is quite stock but what is everyones thoughts?

    TEAM NAME: January team. (AFL Fantasy 2019)
    Used: $12,789,000 (99.9%), Remaining: $11,000 (0.1%) On Ground: $11,429,000 (89.3%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.6%)
    Expected Total: 2110, Site Expected Total: 2102
    Def: J.Lloyd (107), L.Whitfield (106), C.Blakely (98), Z.Williams (88), S.Collins (64), G.Logue (60) (C.Burgess (50), C.Nutting (58))
    Mid: J.Macrae (120), J.Kelly (113), Z.Merrett (114), B.Crouch (98), D.Hannebery (95), A.Miles (90), S.Walsh (68), B.Bewley (62) (N.Hind (55), C.Constable (58))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (118), M.Kreuzer (93) (D.Cameron (40), M.Flynn (40))
    Fwd: P.Dangerfield (110), J.Dunkley (103), I.Heeney (98), W.Setterfield (68), B.Cavarra (58), M.Parker (58) (S.McAdam (52), J.Corbett (55))

  33. Avatar

    Jimmy

    January 14, 2019 at 4:25 pm

    Used: $12,478,000 (97.5%), Remaining: $322,000 (2.5%) On Ground: $11,118,000 (86.9%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.6%)
    Def: J.Lloyd (103.32), J.Sicily (97.16), A.Witherden (89.46), Z.Williams (58.94), S.Collins (34.44), M.Hore (23.80) (C.Burgess (23.80), H.Wigg (23.80))
    Mid: S.Ross (109.06), Z.Merrett (103.04), D.Martin (94.36), B.Crouch (73.36), D.Hannebery (60.76), T.Liberatore (54.88), S.Walsh (37.80), C.Constable (23.80) (B.Bewley (23.80), T.Atkins (23.80))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (121.94), Z.Clarke (37.80) (D.Fort (23.80), D.Cameron (23.80))
    Fwd: P.Dangerfield (107.94), I.Heeney (92.12), T.Kelly (88.20), C.Wingard (83.72), W.Setterfield (35.14), B.Cavarra (25.48) (S.McAdam (23.80), J.Corbett (23.80))

    I have 322k leftover and I am not sure which area I should look to upgrade.
    Options:
    Liberatore to Premo Mid (>714k so may need to find extra cash)
    Clarke to Kreuzer (who I don’t really like)
    I wouldn’t mind trying to get Gawn but it would be difficult unless I can go Liberatore to a 170k mid.
    I like the look of Newman but am not sure how I would get him in because I think Collins and Hore are too good not to be on field.
    I would appreciate any help/suggestions.
    Thanks

  34. Avatar

    luke

    January 14, 2019 at 5:22 pm

    Early stages, looking to see how Hanners preforms vs brad crouch. Have been burnt by both in the past. Rooks are subject to change as form comes out of JLT. With Titch going down allowed to bring in Gawn, starting him and grundy from the start this year. let me know what you think, thanks for your advice! Luke

    TEAM NAME: Mustache riders. (AFL Fantasy 2019)
    Used: $12,764,000 (99.7%), Remaining: $36,000 (0.3%) On Ground: $11,404,000 (89.1%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.6%)
    Expected Total: 2033, Site Expected Total: 2060
    Def: R.Laird (107), L.Whitfield (104), A.Witherden (89.46), Z.Williams (85), J.Scrimshaw (59), H.Goddard (50) (C.Burgess (53), H.Wigg (59))
    Mid: J.Macrae (121), J.Kelly (114), Z.Merrett (112), B.Crouch (98), S.Walsh (69), C.Ellis (65), B.Smith (64), B.Bewley (58) (H.Brayshaw (55), C.Constable (69))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (117), M.Gawn (110) (M.Flynn (48), D.Cameron (49))
    Fwd: D.Smith (105), P.Dangerfield (109), J.Westhoff (103), W.Setterfield (68), B.Cavarra (50), J.Corbett (55) (M.Lewis (54), S.McAdam (50))

    • Avatar

      Jack

      January 14, 2019 at 5:46 pm

      Where did all the money go?
      Backline strong. I think Lloyd is needed tho, it might sound crazy but 110 is not off the cards.
      Top 3 mids strong and Crouch is good. Walsh at M5 is soooooo weak.
      Rucks good.
      Danger is obvious. Smith could drop and I don’t like it. Westhoff will drop and is not the brightest pick. And 3 rooks i feel is too weak in the forwards

      • Avatar

        Double Parked

        January 14, 2019 at 6:02 pm

        +1
        Don’t agree with Smith comment though, went at 120 during rounds 16-23. I doubt Shiel will hinder his scoring.

        • Avatar

          Jack

          January 14, 2019 at 6:29 pm

          I agree that I don’t think Shiel with drastically hinder his scoring but I am scpetical to see whether he can back it up

  35. Avatar

    Ace

    January 14, 2019 at 6:50 pm

    What is everyones thoughts on Blakely as a D3 option

    • Avatar

      Jimmy

      January 14, 2019 at 6:56 pm

      Very solid. He will be in my team unless the kick-in rule proves to include all kick-ins as a stat and in which case I will pick Lloyd, Sicily and Witho with Williams

  36. Avatar

    Double Parked

    January 14, 2019 at 6:59 pm

    Remaining: $4k
    Site Expected Total: 2104

    Def: J.Lloyd, A.Witherden, Z.Williams, P.Hanley, C.Nutting, H.Wigg (H.Goddard, C.Burgess)

    Mid: J.Macrae, J.Kelly, M.Crouch, Z.Merrett, B.Crouch, T.Liberatore, S.Walsh, C.Constable (H.Brayshaw, B.Bewley)

    Ruc: B.Grundy, M.Gawn (D.Cameron, M.Flynn)

    Fwd: P.Dangerfield, J.Dunkley, C.Wingard, W.Setterfield, B.Cavarra, M.Parker (J.Corbett, S.McAdam)

    The defence is a bit cooked but upon realising Mckernan is still on Essendon’s list I feel like it’s unlikely Zac Clarke will get many (if any) games. If Clarke plays, Hanley, Gawn and Winguard go to Whitfield/Laird, Clarke and D.Smith. Thoughts?

  37. Avatar

    bullant9

    January 14, 2019 at 7:05 pm

    Nobodys gonna kick in from inside the square if they dont have to. Most kick ins will b plus 3

    • Avatar

      Jimmy

      January 14, 2019 at 7:27 pm

      its unlikely, but they may choose to put a blanket rule over the kick-in and deem it as a not-stat. That is what I was getting at.

  38. Avatar

    Kingzy1Kenobi (@gorilladz)

    January 14, 2019 at 8:38 pm

    Used: $12,775,000 (99.8%), Remaining: $25,000 (0.2%) On Ground: $11,415,000 (89.2%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.6%)
    Expected Total: 2125, Site Expected Total: 2089
    Def: L.Whitfield (110), A.Witherden (100), N.Newman (92), Z.Williams (85), G.Logue (60), H.Wigg (60) (C.Burgess (23.80), H.Goddard (23.80))
    Mid: J.Kelly (110.18), M.Crouch (110), Z.Merrett (118), D.Martin (105), B.Crouch (102), D.Hannebery (102), S.Walsh (70), B.Bewley (60) (N.Shipley (23.80), C.Constable (60))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (118), Z.Clarke (65) (M.Flynn (23.80), D.Cameron (23.80))
    Fwd: D.Smith (110), P.Dangerfield (110), J.Billings (95), C.Wingard (95), W.Setterfield (70), B.Cavarra (60) (J.Corbett (60), S.McAdam (23.80))

    What do you guys think of Zak Clarke as r2? Frees up cash to get better mids, but is it to risky?
    Thoughts on this team?

  39. Avatar

    Jimmy

    January 14, 2019 at 8:58 pm

    Solid team, quite vanilla but good. Personally, I am probably going to get Zac Clarke but hopefully at R3 behind D. Fort who I think can average 75-80.

    I like how you have 4 premos in the Fwd line, I think it has to be done.

    • Avatar

      Kingzy1Kenobi (@gorilladz)

      January 14, 2019 at 9:10 pm

      Thanks for the feedback, I thought I was going a bit different with Newman, dusty and billing’s but maybe not lol.
      Interesting about Darcy fort, 25 year old mature age rook hopefully they got him for a reason and he plays round 1, and so does Clarke!!

  40. Avatar

    Kambo

    January 14, 2019 at 10:21 pm

    How do these guys stack up against each other: Treloar, Kelly, Cripps, Oliver
    Which one has more room more improvement?
    Who has the higher ceiling?
    who will be more consistent?

    Currently sitting on Kelly but i think he will be more prone to the tag than Treloar on a stacked pies team. Oliver will only keep improving with having the tag id suspect, and Cripps will grow further when his team grows further.

    • Avatar

      Kingzy1Kenobi (@gorilladz)

      January 14, 2019 at 10:28 pm

      Out of Cripps and kelly for me.
      Kelly had a rough year last year, I’d say he is under priced. He is consistent and has a decent ceiling.
      Cripps is a beast and pretty much unstoppable, couldn’t go wrong with him either.
      Treloar is rotated through the forward line to much for my liking, Oliver is a jet but o really don’t like him he is a douche

Leave a Reply

More in My Team