My Team

Drawing Board 2019

Chad has an early version of his popular team builder site ready for next season.

While we are waiting for AFL Fantasy Classic to open in January, our friend Chad at www.dtlive.com.au has got the 2019 version of his popular team picker, the Drawing Board, opened for coaches to start building their teams.

Chad has crunched the numbers and got a version up that takes in A quick recap on how prices are calculated.

• $12,800,000 salary cap is projected.
  • Players are priced based on their output last season. eg. 2018 average x magic number (approx 7142 for 2019).
  • Players who missed a full season receive a discount of 30% on their 2017 average.
  • Players who have missed two or more seasons received a discount of 35% on their last available average.
  • Players playing less than 10 games receive a 3% discount on each game under 10. eg. Play 5 games in 2016, then they receive a 15% discount. This is applied to the higher of their season average from the last two years.

Head to www.dtlive.com.au and under AFL, click on Drawing Board to start picking your squad of 30 players now. You will need a free account to get started. The easy to use and mobile friendly site has plenty of information including what average a player is priced at, their bye round, early opponents and an ownership percentage for registered teams on DT Live. Also, don’t forget to put in your projected average for your own user as well as compiling a site-wide projected average.

Copy and paste your team into the comments below simply from DT Live.

Click here to start picking your AFL Fantasy Classic team for 2019 over at Chad’s dtlive.com.au

1. Daniel Kotronis

September 1, 2018 at 12:04 pm

I’m trying to register for a DT Live account, but it says registrations are closed.

• Nick

September 1, 2018 at 4:16 pm

Same please fix this

• Alan J

September 5, 2018 at 6:58 am

Ditto

2. The New Big Dog

September 1, 2018 at 1:16 pm

Haha, my earliest first draft ever 😂💪

DEF: Laird, Witherden, Docherty, Williams, rookie, rookie (bench)
    MID: Mitchell, Cripps, Treloar, Kelly, Adams, rookie, rookie, rookie (bench)
    RUC: Grundy, Preuss (bench)
    FWD: Dangerfield, Dunkley, Greene, McCluggage, rookie, rookie (bench)

Hoping/assuming big Preuss gets picked up by a team that needs a number 1 ruck. If that happens he will be a bargain!!

3. jack

September 1, 2018 at 3:33 pm

yoh are a legend for posting this. Something to satisfy my off-season fantasy thirst. If only the draft doctors can get their draft simulator up and running again I’ll be pleased as punch :)

• Lachy

September 4, 2018 at 8:31 pm

Bro can you hook me up with your login details for it so I can look at them. :(

4. Dave

September 1, 2018 at 9:36 pm

1 thank you for doing this
    2 get a life 😀
    3 👍
    4 As much as I am ready for a few days off from fantasy, I’ll be doing my first cut tomorrow
    5 any guesses on how the byes will be structured? 😀

• Mark Neale

September 2, 2018 at 8:24 am

Any midfield prices

5. The Chosen Won

September 5, 2018 at 7:32 am

I am Menegola ©™

Good Luck™®©

6. Jake

September 13, 2018 at 11:56 am

Probably the earliest first draft I’ve ever done. Going light in the forwards. No doubt this will change a ton.

The Harlequins (Salary Cap Left: $10,400)

Def: Laird, Whitfield, Witherden, Docherty, Rookie, Rookie (Rookie, Rookie)

Mid: T.Mitchell, Macrae, P.Cripps, Z.Merrett, Hannebery, Rookie, Rookie, Rookie (Rookie, Rookie)

Ruc: Grundy, Gawn (Rookie, Rookie)

Fwd: Menegola, Greene, Bennell, Setterfield, Rookie, Rookie (Rookie, Rookie)

Clearly, I have far too much time on my hands. I just can’t wait for the pre-season and looking forward to season 2019.