After what has felt nothing short of an eternity, out first team sheets for season 2018 have begun rolling in. Tonight we dissect all the INs and OUTs for Thursday nights clash between Richmond and Carlton.
Starting with the Blues, one of the most watched rookies from the JLT series and preseason, Paddy Dow (Mid $266,000) has been named. He will start on the bench for his debut on Thursday evening. Dow remains a great rookie option for coaches, with job security and stints through the midfield looking likely.
Also making their debuts for the blues are Aaron Mullet (Def $513,000) and GWS recruit Matthew Kennedy (Mid $485,000). Mullet has been touted this preseason as one to fill the fabled ‘Docherty Role’, whilst Kennedy appears set to receive a greater deal of game time inside the Carlton engine room.
Following his injury scare in JLT2, Matthew Kreuzer (Ruck $740,000) overcame the ankle injury which saw him sidelined late in the first quarter against the Hawks. Thankfully for the 8% of coaches rolling the dice on the premium ruckman, he’s fit and firing for this round one clash.
One of our most popular pre-JLT selections, Cam O’Shea (Def $231,000) has unfortunately not made the 22 man squad, with Brendan Bolton instead opting to list him as an emergency. This may come as a curveball to many coaches who may have been looking to downgrade Aaron Naughton (Def $254,000) to O’Shea in a bid to free up salary space.
Onto the Tigers, who’ve named Toby Nankervis (Ruck $612,000) after he overcame a minor concussion suffered the Dons in JLT2. Currently sitting he an ownership of just over 4%, Nankervis provides an interesting POD option for coaches looking to go against the grain and perhaps save a few dollars in the process!
After two strong shows in the JLT, Shai Bolton (Fwd $241,000) has been rewarded with a spot on the bench for the reigning premiers. Bolton amassed scores of 59 and 54, from 79% and 84% TOG respectively. He provides another option for coaches looking for a rookie in the forward line, although his job security is yet to be seen after only six games last year.
Former Gold Coast Sun and number nine draft pick, Dion Prestia (Mid $577,000) will miss the season opener for the Tigers. After his first solid pre-season down at Punt Road, Prestia sustained a slight hamstring injury just prior to the JLT series, which kept him out of both games. Although he has resumed training with the main group, the Tigers will take a cautious approach with the 25-year-old and leave him out for this weeks clash.
Bachar Houli (Def $637,000) will also miss the match against Carlton. Houli pulled up sore after the JLT clash with Essendon and has failed to prove his fitness in time.
Stay tuned over the next 24 hours as the remaining team sheets will roll in at 6:20 AEDT Thursday, as we bring you all the INs and OUTs prior to the first 2018 AFL Fantasy season lockout!
7:30 Thursday – Team Sheets
The remaining team sheets are in and we now have a greater idea of the rookies who we can field in round one! Keep in mind that for Sunday teams an extended bench has been named, meaning that three players listed on the interchange will not feature in the final 22 of their respective teams.
Essendon v Adelaide
- Devon Smith (Mid $575,000)
- Lachlan Murphy (Def $170,000)
- Tom Doedee (Def $170,000)
- Darcy Fogarty (Fwd $248,000)
- Hugh Greenwood (Mid $555,000)
- Taylor Walker (Fwd $568,000)
- Tom Lynch (Fwd $640,000)
- Brad Crouch (Mid $726,000)
St. Kilda v Brisbane
- Dayne Beams (Mid $736,000)
- Cameron Rayner (Fwd/Mid $270,000)
- Allen Christensen (Fwd $331,000)
- Mitch Robinson (Mid/Fwd $542,000)
- Hunter Clark (Mid $258,000)
- Luke Dunstan (Mid $617,000)
- Nick Coffield (Def/Mid $256,000)
Port Adelaide v Fremantle
- Tom Rockliff (Mid $725,000)
- Dom Barry (Mid $170,000)
- Steven Motlop (Mid/Fwd $489,000)
- Bailey Banfield (Mid $170,000)
- Andrew Brayshaw (Mid $268,000)
- Alex Pearce (Def $193,000)
- Robbie Gray (Fwd $572,000)
- Jasper Pittard (Def $541,000)
- Stephen Hill (Mid $553,000)
Gold Coast v North Melbourne
- Nick Holman (Mid $170,000)
- Luke Davies-Uniacke (Mid $264,000)
- Michael Barlow (Mid/Fwd $667,000)
- Aaron Hall (Mid $690,000)
- Will Brodie (Mid $356,000)
- Mitchell Hibberd ($235,000)
Hawthorn v Collingwood
- Sam Murray (Def $170,000)
- Jaidyn Stephenson (Fwd/Mid $260,000)
- Jaeger O’Meara (Mid $438,000)
- Cyril Rioli (Fwd $543,000)
- Jordan de Goey (Mid/Fwd $560,000)
- Jamie Elliot (Fwd $534,000)
Greater Western Sydney v Western Bulldogs
- Jeremy Finlayson (Def/Mid $170,000)
- Lachlan Keefe (Def/Fwd $170,000)
- Zac Giles-Langdon (Fwd $170,000)
- Aaron Naughton (Def $254,000)
- Hayden Crozier (Fwd $467,000)
- Tim English (Ruck $187,000)
- Tom Scully (Mid $576,000)
- Jacob Hopper (Mid $461,000)
Melbourne v Geelong
- Gary Ablett (Mid $837,000)
- Tim Kelly (Mid $224,000)
- Clayton Oliver (Mid $715,000)
- Bayley Fritsch (Fwd $210,000)
- Max Gawn (Ruck $605,000)
- Patrick Dangerfield (Mid $849,000)
- Nakia Cockatoo (Fwd $360,000)
- Jack Viney (Mid $638,000)
West Coast v Sydney
- Nic Naitanui (Ruck $417,000)
- Jake Waterman (Fwd $170,000)
- Daniel Vernables (Fwd $170,000)
- Jarrad McVeigh (Def $530,000)
- Callum Sinclair (Ruck $525,000)
- Dan Hannebery (Mid $665,000)
- Josh Kennedy (Fwd $575,000)
- Willie Rioli (Fwd $170,000)