My Team

My Team 2017 – Round 5

Discuss your round five moves in My Team. Get involved in the DT Talk community to discuss trades, captains and everything to do with your team in My Team!

Discuss your team, strategy, players, etc. in this post. Name it up if it’s for RDT or Fantasy as that can make a difference with what you should do. Offer up constructive comments if you want questions answered yourself! Be a giver, not just a taker! This is a great community and we want it to stay that way. We love banter as much as the next person, just keep it clean!

Head to www.dtlive.com.au for live scores over the weekend and for your study needs during the week. Data View has been updated and there are plenty of other features there and in the works!

Click here to subscribe on iTunes. (Please leave a rating and review to help us move up the charts).

moneyball_620

STK1594.252.51.51691.755.251.25
SYD1500.52.250.51748.753.751.5
WB1702.54.250.251631.753.51.5
WC1708.253.751.251487.52.50.25

1. Thrice

April 21, 2017 at 12:08 pm

For the 3rd week straight I have traded out Parker for Rocky and then been forced to reverse trade every week because of team selection.

You survive again Parker. You are single handedly destroying my chance at a car. If you dont perform this week you are going out even if I have to take a donut, its the principle.

• Nat Fyfe

April 21, 2017 at 12:53 pm

He’s almost hit his minimum price range. If he can show a triple figure score, he’s a steal under 550k. Probably have to ride him out, as he is due a good score. Expect a crappy game against GWS tho

• Guy Incognito

April 21, 2017 at 1:37 pm

Carlton, Brisbane, North, St Kilda, Hawks after GWS

2. OceanEarth

April 21, 2017 at 12:23 pm

Anyone know where to get VFL and NEAFL fantasy scores? Need to make an informed choice between Melican and Vickers.

Looks like Vickers had a blinder for Weribee in their first game last week with 31 touches, 5 marks, 3 frees, a couple of marks and a goal.

NEAFL website doesn’t have stats but Melican had a bye last week, was named in best the week before but not round 1.

If I can’t find actual fantasy scores, I’m going Vickers.

3. Ocean Earth

April 21, 2017 at 12:31 pm

By the way, Polsen had 27 touches, 6 marks, 3 tackles.

4. Nat Fyfe

April 21, 2017 at 12:50 pm

Elliot Yeo. We meet again…

• Lewis

April 21, 2017 at 12:58 pm

You trading him in..?

• Thrice

April 21, 2017 at 1:00 pm

Don’t do it. The yo-yo has reached the hand and will now proceed to descend on its journey downwards.

• Lewis

April 21, 2017 at 1:12 pm

I have 545k for a fwd/mid/def can you suggest a better option!?

• Nat Fyfe

April 21, 2017 at 1:18 pm

Defenders: Hodge, Salem, Robbo
          Midfielders: Gray(possible DPP),
          Forwards: Yeo, Smith, Greene.

Take your pick.

• Thrice

April 21, 2017 at 1:22 pm

I really like Grays price atm as a Fwd DPP. I have been contemplating bringing him in.

• Nat Fyfe

April 21, 2017 at 1:29 pm

Well he’s named in the fwd line, but yeah. Good trade to do if WHE hits the wall.

• Lewis

April 21, 2017 at 1:38 pm

What’s Gray’s BE!?

• Kanye West

April 21, 2017 at 1:47 pm

Gray BE – 94
            I don’t think he’ll get there, I’m waiting until next week to see if he gets DPP

• PowerAde

April 21, 2017 at 2:03 pm

don’t do it, you know what will happen

5. Confused

April 21, 2017 at 1:01 pm

Stefan Martin or Grundy best replacement for Kreuzer? Prefer Grundy but won’t know if Mason Cox is back until after lockout.

Thanks for any advice.

• Kanye West

April 21, 2017 at 1:51 pm

Ideally want both in your team come seasons end, whichever suits your cash and future trades.

6. Thrice

April 21, 2017 at 1:19 pm

Should I bring in:

Eddy > Houston and play at F6
    or
    Eddy > Spencer via Nankervis and play Nankervis at F6

7. Dan

April 21, 2017 at 1:22 pm

Roughead to Steele, or Newman to EVW and build up cash

• Thrice

April 21, 2017 at 1:25 pm

neither are great trades to be honest.

• Nat Fyfe

April 21, 2017 at 1:26 pm

Only trade rough if you can get a premium. Not sure on EVW JS , but would do option 2

8. nathan32

April 21, 2017 at 1:27 pm

need help with my trades !

first trade i am doing is caddy > polson which gives me 387k

then i can’t choose out of:

Watson > sloane/rocky
    otten> hibberd
    roughead > heeney

either way i will have a lot of $$ for next week

• PowerAde

April 21, 2017 at 1:54 pm

don’t trade otten for hibberd, makes no sense.

• PowerAde

April 21, 2017 at 1:55 pm

unless you meant EVW?

I’d still keep otten, more money to make and reasonable JS

• Jerry

April 21, 2017 at 2:59 pm

Rocky FTW

9. Thrice

April 21, 2017 at 1:35 pm

Can someone please tell me a little about Houston? is he playing pure forward? can he sustain scores of 70+?

Thanks

• Billy

April 21, 2017 at 2:05 pm

He’s playing off HB, yes should sustain scores of 70+

10. Lewis

April 21, 2017 at 2:36 pm

Unsure… thoughts on the trades of Rough > Yeo and Newman > EVW!?
    Here’s the team below before trades,

DEF: Adams, Laird, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten, Newman (Stewart, Hibberd)
    MID: Dangerfield, Treloar, Titch, Fyfe, Parker, Beams, ANB, SPP (Barrett, Balic)
    RUC: Grundy, Martin (Preuss, Cameron)
    FWD: Dahlhaus, Greene Roughy, Nankervis, WHE, Houston (Pickett, Miles)

The thing is I would only have to field EVW for one week because I’d be able to go Houston when he grabs DPP > defence, Mitch Hib > midfield/trade and then Barrett or Balic at f6, potentially.
    I have 545k when downgrade Newman to 150ker leaving me just short of the likes of Lloyd/Kelly. Need some help here guys, would love to know your thoughts on what trades I should make?!?!

11. Stuart

Stuart

April 21, 2017 at 2:53 pm

Is this crazy:

Danger>Rocky & SPP>Houston

DEF: Adams, Laird, Doch, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten (Newman,Stewart)
    MID: Rocky, Treloar, Fyfe, Beams, M.Crouch, Oliver, ANB, Swallow (Barrett, Balic)
    RUC: Martin, Nank (Preuss, Cameron)
    FWD: Macrae, Dahlhaus, Steele, WHE, Houston, Butler (Pickett, Eddy)

For all we know Preuss, Newman, Barrett, Balic & Eddy could all be back next week. Sick of watching Danger not perform like a $700k mid, Rocky comes in and gets captaincy. SPP might have topped out and I don’t want to miss out on Houston who will propably gain DPP fwd/def next week and is in good form making $.
    Is this madness or could it be good?

• Jerry

April 21, 2017 at 2:55 pm

hold Danger maybe look at upgrading Crouch to Gaff or Sloane/Zorko/Selwood

Stuart

April 21, 2017 at 2:58 pm

SPP>Polson & Crouch>Rocky?

• Crow

April 21, 2017 at 6:16 pm

Absolutely!

12. Jerry

April 21, 2017 at 2:53 pm

Hi Yall

my trades this week were

Roughy to Polsen
    Krez to Grundy

was going originally

Nank & Rough to Roo & Polsen but Krez is out and don’t want to put nank in the ruck.

other option is Barrett to Fisher and then Krez to Goldy. leaves me with 4k but my structure doesn’t look that bad

currently running with Adams in the mid but had to switch him back to defense to cover Newman

and have switched Dalhous to the middle to cover adams and playing Polson on field which not a fan of.

but with the roughy downgrade i have $130,000 so will most likely upgrade WHE to Roo next week with Newman downgrade. or bring in rocky or Doherty next week

any other suggestions if Krez and Newman were playing i would be a bit happier.

13. Murray Fahey

April 21, 2017 at 3:10 pm

GET C OLIVER OR BONT ???????????

• Jerry

April 21, 2017 at 3:13 pm

bont

• buckets

April 21, 2017 at 3:19 pm

Kelly

14. buckets

April 21, 2017 at 3:22 pm

DEF: Laird, Lloyd, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten, Newman (Williamson, Stewart)
    MID: Rockliff, Dangerfield, Titch, Gaff, Fyfe, Beams, Adams, SPP (JOM, Miles)
    RUC: Stef, Nank (Cameron, Pruess)
    FWD: Dahlhaus, Roughead, Steele, WHE, ANB, Taranto (Eddy, Balic)
    $124k in the bank

Thinking:
    Newman -> Polson (DPP, get ADams back in DEF)
    JOM – Kelly

Thoughts?
    Next week I could go Taranto->evw via otten if that happens
    Cheers

15. Trains

April 21, 2017 at 4:51 pm

Def
Adams Laird mills marchbank Otten Hampton (Newman, Stewart )
    Mid
Dangerfield Treloar Fyfe beams murphy Swallow ANB SPP (Barrett mountford )
    Rucks
Grundy Nank ( Cameron preuss )
    Forward
Macrae Dahlhaus Greene Roughead WHE Houston (Miles Pickett )

Hi guys wat trades can I make don’t know where to start. 36k in bank

• Ashley

April 21, 2017 at 5:29 pm

I’d be looking to get rid of mountford and maybe stewart to get some rookies that will start making you some money. Then next week you can downgrade an otten/SPP and upgrade someone like roughy

• Trains

April 21, 2017 at 6:33 pm

Who do u suggest ?

• Ashley

April 21, 2017 at 6:49 pm

Could get Vickers-Willis in your defence, he can’t go worse than Stewart, then you’ve got the cash to go Mountford > Fisher who looked good last week

• Trains

April 21, 2017 at 7:06 pm

Thanks mate appreciate it

• Trains

April 21, 2017 at 7:09 pm

Keep Barrett ?

• Ashley

April 21, 2017 at 7:29 pm

I’d give Barrett one more week to see if he comes back in, had a good game in the 2s last week so hopefully he comes back in next week

16. Jack

April 21, 2017 at 6:29 pm

111k remaining.
    DEF: Laird, Docherty, Marchbank, Hampton, Newman, Otten (Williamson, Stewart)
    MID: Dangerfield, Treloar, Adams, Neale, Parker, Beams, ANB, SPP (Barrett, Mountford)
    RUC: Grundy, Nank (Preuss, Cameron)
    FWD: Dahlhaus, Miller, Steele, Hoskin-Elliot, Roughead, Houston (Butler, Pickett)

I think roughy is saved this week due to the carnage
    1. Newman > EVW and Roughy > Muphy via ANB DPP (0k Remaining)
    2. Newman > EVW and Barrett > Polson via Pickett DPP (322k Remaining) This will allow me to upgrade roughy next week and afford anyone (Rocky/Merrett/Sloane/Titch etc)
    3. Newman > Fisher via Adams DPP and Barrett > Polson via Pickett DPP (Leaving 260k)

With 2 I’ll be able to afford anyone next week for roughy but I’m not sure about EVW’s JS.
    With 3 I’ll have to do another downgrade somewhere to afford a top uber premo for roughy. Thoughts? Cheers.