Lockout Chat

Round 4 Lockout Chat

Discuss round 4 as it unfolds in the comments. Proudly brought to you by moneyball.com.au.

Discuss everything AFL Fantasy in the comments over the round.

Don’t miss the big articles of the week.

Click here to subscribe to the Match Committee podcast on iTunes.

Did you have a crack at Moneyball last weekend? The all-new daily fantasy wagering game is going great guns with plenty of members of the DT Talk community getting involved.

• AFL $10,000 Kangaroos vs Bulldogs
  • AFL $10,000 Hawks vs Cats
  • AFL $5,000 Saturday Slam
  • AFL $2,000 Saturday Specky (Late)
  • AFL $1,000 Demons vs Dockers
  • AFL $1,000 Giants vs Power
  • AFL $1,000 Blues vs Suns
  • AFL $1,000 Crows vs Bombers
  • AFL $5,000 Sunday Funday
  • AFL $1,000 Magpies vs Saints
  • AFL $1,000 Lions vs Tigers

1. j

April 15, 2017 at 5:09 pm

Headache Heath – won’t be in my team for round 6. He’s lucky pre-existing carnage will save him for the round 5 chop.

2. Tbd

April 15, 2017 at 6:54 pm

So GHS named on a wing and then dropped. Surely if he’s even 99% you put him on extended bench. Because of that I get to take Pickett’s score instead of fielding Houston and putting ANB in the mids. Name the team you intend to play, ffs, first time I’ll ever route for Hawthorn

• himynameis2v

April 16, 2017 at 12:47 am

Yep, same boat :(

3. Jeremy

April 15, 2017 at 8:34 pm

What is the deal with David Swallow game tonight, is he injured

4. Jaidyn

April 15, 2017 at 9:41 pm

Monster carnage, will be lucky to crack 1900 at this rate

5. Lewie-14

April 15, 2017 at 9:43 pm

Is Hampton running water or something ??

• himynameis2v

April 16, 2017 at 12:48 am

Looks like it, I benched Marchbank to field Hampton this week too *facepalm*

6. Ryan

April 15, 2017 at 11:41 pm

I have noticed some scoring errors this week. Preuss should be 60(not 57) and Hampton should be 46(not 41). I know it doesn’t mean much but I wonder how often this happens.

• Boogie

April 16, 2017 at 1:24 am

Hampton’s score is accurate by my calculations..

• Tbd

April 16, 2017 at 2:07 am

Luke Parker should’ve been 100+ in round 2 instead of 92. Literally missed about 10-12 points in the 4th quarter of that game.

• Ryan

April 16, 2017 at 2:44 am

When I say Inaccurate Boogie, I mean stats that were not recorded that I witnessed watching the game.

• Boogie

April 16, 2017 at 2:41 pm

Oh my bad then!

7. Ravalle

April 16, 2017 at 11:05 am

So round 4 has been a huge crash back to Earth for team Ravalle….have a 39, 41 and 47 on field luckily though all premo’s have performed well with tons…actually Touk’s 66 was a letdown as well…
    Currently at 15 for 1287 with Treloar(c) Adams, Grundy,WHE, Stef, Titch & Parfitt to come. Hoping for 2k but all would have to perform well to get there.

8. Matt

April 16, 2017 at 11:10 am

Thoughts on this trade in my draft league? I rid melksham and sam gibson for reece conca?

9. Tyson

April 16, 2017 at 11:45 am

is Ablett back to averaging 100+?
    even though getting old he still pulling scores!!
    also is he worth getting for under 600k?

10. Mat

April 16, 2017 at 12:10 pm

I’m looking at around 1950 this week. Anyone else struggling?

• Ravalle

April 16, 2017 at 12:28 pm

Don’t think many would have dodged all the issues this round so all in the sh@t just the depth that will vary!

• Tyson

April 16, 2017 at 12:32 pm

I’m looking decent still, I mean only miller and Hampton for me

• Simon

April 16, 2017 at 7:56 pm

I’ve passed 1950 but only Roughie to come. Plenty of teams will be relying on a big game from capt Dangerfield. He fails, then it’s carnage!

• Ben

April 17, 2017 at 1:25 pm

I have danger, but had sloane captain, 1955 with danger and rough, but im hoping danger goes sub 100 to bump my rank up even more

• noworries

April 16, 2017 at 8:55 pm

yes mate same. lucky to get close to 2k

11. Grovers Guns

April 16, 2017 at 12:50 pm

970 with 11 to come.
    Hampton, Otten, PP and Touk sucked
    Still got Adams, Danger x 2, Treloar, Titchell, Beams, SMartin, Nank, Steele, Roughy and WHE so hopefully 2150+

• Tyson

April 16, 2017 at 12:59 pm

1238 with 8 to come.
      still have Adams, Treloar x2, Titchell, Beams, SMartin, Nank, Steele and Roughy

12. mfawcett

April 16, 2017 at 1:01 pm

Pretty average. 804 with 11 to come and captain Dangerfield. Hopefully some big scores with Rocky, Treloar, Beams, Martin, Riewoldt, WHE Steele, Nank and Roughy. Might crack 2000 if I’m lucky:) Watson and swallow were BIG letdowns

13. The Milkmen

April 16, 2017 at 1:18 pm

The pain. Rolled the dice and fielded Preus, Hampton, Otten, SPP and SPS. And what the f**k Heppell?!

14. Ben

April 16, 2017 at 1:25 pm

Going decent compared to some others im reading, sloane captain was handy, 1215 with adams, danger, rocky, dusty, stef, nank, Rough, WHE and butler, looking at around 2150

• Ben

April 16, 2017 at 1:28 pm

Still copped hampton and SPP though

15. LW

April 16, 2017 at 2:49 pm

Preuss, Miller, Hampton and SPP crap for me. Neal-Bullen did well for his first game in my team though so I’m happy for that. Shame Houston copped a knock at the end of the third quarter last night or he would have probably got a ton

16. Tbd

April 16, 2017 at 3:25 pm

I’m sorry but whoever records the stats have been shocking this year. So many missed points. Obvious miss of a Ben Long tackle. Does a tackle only count if there’s a whistle now?

• Tbd

April 16, 2017 at 3:26 pm

Just so people know I don’t have Long in any format.

• dyn@mike

April 16, 2017 at 5:43 pm

u don’t have (a) long? (insert joke)

• Leeroy

April 16, 2017 at 4:56 pm

From memory a tackle is if it leads to a ball up/incorrect disposal/ball is loose? I didn’t see though so can’t comment on if it was missed or not

• Jasper Pittard

April 17, 2017 at 11:40 am

I saw Murphy get given a +4 just for locking arms with someone who happened to have the football.

• Ben

April 17, 2017 at 1:27 pm

A tackle only counts if it affects the disposal, or the obvious one that leads to no disposal, so a little shove can be a tackle if the ball doesnt go to a player, but a crunching tackle wont be counted if the ball spills straight to a teammate

17. Alan

April 16, 2017 at 3:41 pm

What does Jack Steele actually do?

• Jarrod

April 16, 2017 at 4:45 pm

Gets stupid haircuts….

• dyn@mike

April 16, 2017 at 5:40 pm

apart from 1 game he’s done the job.
      I know what u mean tho…

• mfawcett

April 16, 2017 at 5:46 pm

what’s wrong with the 97 I’m looking at right now with a few minutes to go? lol:)

• Lachie Neale

April 16, 2017 at 5:50 pm

atm it is looking like he will be robbed of a 100 due to a Champion Data error.

Holding FK was paid against Dunstan on Adams midway through the 3rd quarter and it was Steele who received the -3.

• Jasper Pittard

April 17, 2017 at 11:41 am

If that’s the case can we expect it to be corrected?

• Ben

April 17, 2017 at 1:29 pm

It was defintely steele, i know because my opponent has him and i was very excited

• gofigure

April 16, 2017 at 8:58 pm

what do you actually do Alan?

18. Leeroy

April 16, 2017 at 5:00 pm

How are people tracking so far? I’ve had a great start to the year, was in the top 500, I feel like I’m in danger of dropping out of the top 1000 this week though. Hampton 41, Watson 54, Heppell 66, Powel Pepper 39. Is it just me that is having a rough weekend or are a lot of you having a tough weekend? I think I’m looking at 1900-2100 this weekend

• dyn@mike

April 16, 2017 at 5:41 pm

i’m looking at the delete team button, first i’ll rage trade several players just for the fun of it

• Leeroy

April 16, 2017 at 5:58 pm

It’s all relative, There have been plenty of rounds where I thought I did horrible only to find out that I was actually above others and my ranking went up. We need to remember it’s not the norm scoring consistently 2100+ in the first 3 rounds. A lot of the time when your team is performing bad the majority of others are having a tough time. This is why I’m trying to get a consensus of how I’m doing in relation to everyone else.

I might of been able to get an idea if the fantasy website was displaying correct rankings. On the main team display I’m 36,923 odd down from 461….wtf? and in the rankings section 1564, though that ranking has not changed for hours

• ChaSeq

April 16, 2017 at 11:35 pm

I think the website simply lists your rank based on total points including the current round. Thus, all the people with captain played and without Dangerfield, Titchell etc, go above those with these players to come. In the early rounds someone in 30k may be only 300pts behind 500 and so with 4 extra players played goes above you, but you’ll steam back past tomorrow.

I’m on for about 2000-2100, BTW. No Heppell, Watson for me (but Swallow, SPP, Hampton) – I think I’m about par for a top 15k team. But we’ll see…

• MrBarrelroll

April 16, 2017 at 7:34 pm

I feel like im about average this week 1657 with Danger (c), Titch, Roughy.

• ChaSeq

April 16, 2017 at 11:36 pm

Yep. I’m 32 behind with the same to come.

• Jasper Pittard

April 17, 2017 at 11:48 am

I’m 111 behind you with the same to come + Parfitt and Burton.

19. dyn@mike

April 16, 2017 at 5:37 pm

Rocky road…Easter treat!

20. mfawcett

April 16, 2017 at 5:49 pm

Gawn > Riewoldt this week looks awesome! 122 and I’m not complaining along with Steele’s 97:)

21. dyn@mike

April 16, 2017 at 5:49 pm

As much as i dislike the pies, watching them play has become a guilty pleasure. Swan, Pendles, now Treloar. Every year i have at least one in my side.

22. charlie

April 16, 2017 at 5:59 pm

Anyone have Treloar as captain. My team is f**ked this week.

• Ravalle

April 16, 2017 at 6:35 pm

Yes, yes I did….bloody hell it’s been tough to watch..

23. Nank

April 16, 2017 at 6:30 pm

Nankervis is taller but getting absolutely monstered in the ruck

• charlie

April 16, 2017 at 7:17 pm

Stef Martin is so much more better rucking than Nankervis.

• lizard-of-oz

April 16, 2017 at 8:09 pm

Nankervis was always a dodgy selection. I got 77 with Spencer which was less than I wanted but about what I expected.. he’l get better ; you don’t face Sandilands every week.

• LW

April 16, 2017 at 8:13 pm

He also kicked 2 goals though

• Leeroy

April 16, 2017 at 9:08 pm

Yup the danger of mid pricers in general is that they may not necessarily score more than the top rookies, and often may only go up 50 grand in price. Might as well get someone cheaper that will make you more money. Best to stick to Guns & Rookies in my opinion. My exceptions to the guns and rookies Jaeger and Roughead are already out of my side, so next year I will try to have no mid pricers at all

• ChaSeq

April 16, 2017 at 11:55 pm

I think it’s easy to get carried away with mid-pricers and everyone usually gets the wrong ones. But if you’d started with Oliver and Murphy you’d be laughing.

I think Spencer might still be cheap enough to be worth a punt. I think he’s good for an average of 80-85, so should go past $460k (i.e. a gain of $180k). But even if he only average 70, he should still find his way to $400k. Yes, he will cost you points compared to Grundy/Martin, but the extra money ($300k before price changes) will allow you to upgrade elsewhere from someone less reliable.

24. Seamus

April 16, 2017 at 7:27 pm

1715 with still danger as cap, titch and taranto as emerg for GHS, so 1781 with titch and danger as cap.

round was looking bleak with SPP and hampton doing pretty bad, but still looking like ill get 2100 if these guys tomorrow get a normal score

25. Tom Rockliff

April 16, 2017 at 7:29 pm

Oink oink

26. Chud

April 16, 2017 at 7:41 pm

Does anybody know how much Grundy and Balic will go up in value? (roughly)

• Stevo

April 16, 2017 at 7:49 pm

roughly speaking grundy up 18-20k and balic 2527k

• Stevo

April 16, 2017 at 7:50 pm

25-27k

• Chud

April 16, 2017 at 8:23 pm

thanks mate

• Jasper Pittard

April 17, 2017 at 8:51 am

Thanks Stevo. I’m probably looking at both these guys (unless I take the risk and go Zac Fisher). Do you have a spreadsheet or something you use for these projections?

• Stevo

April 17, 2017 at 2:25 pm

it’s just a rough guess based on my own quick calculations. It’s usually slightly less than half the difference of the player’s score and their break even. For example if a b/e is 60 and he scores 70 the difference is 10 so he’ll probably go up 4. My guesses should be within a few at most

27. Yogi-berry

April 16, 2017 at 7:45 pm

I’m sitting on 1946 thanks to rocky as C
    Only have danger and roughy to play so I’ll be happy with a 2100

• ChaSeq

April 16, 2017 at 11:59 pm

I’d want a little more than that from here if I were you. But overall, yes, 2100 seems decent this week.

28. lizard-of-oz

April 16, 2017 at 8:13 pm

AF 2000+ first three rounds wasn’t good enough.
    2000 RD4 could be OK ;2100 Possibly V.G.

29. Leeroy

April 16, 2017 at 9:01 pm

1674 with captain Dangerfield and Tom Mitchell to go. Probably looking at somewhere between 1950-2050. My ranking has gone down from to 2079 from 461. Looks like par score for higher ranked coaches is 2100+

• Leeroy

April 16, 2017 at 9:03 pm

*down to 2079 from 461

30. The Chosen Won

April 17, 2017 at 12:35 pm

Danger(C), Roughy and Burton to come if they hit the projected scores (238,72,81) I am looking at 2138.

Good Luck

31. Anthony

April 17, 2017 at 1:25 pm

1872 with danger and tich Mitchell Rockliff saved my ass thanks rocky

32. Jack

April 17, 2017 at 2:41 pm

2230 last week. Looking lucky to crack 2000 this week.

33. stoo

April 17, 2017 at 2:51 pm

1710 with Roughy, Mitchell and 2x Danger.

Should see me close to 2150 and maybe move from 9000 to 8000.

Missing Rocky and Adams this year.

34. Dezza

April 17, 2017 at 3:54 pm

Dangerfield must be one of the most looked after players in the AFL.
    In that first quarter versus Hawthorn, he dropped the ball, then threw it and then gathered it again for a kick all in the same play without having a free paid against him.
    Then just before the break he plays on, runs out of bounds then kicks a contested ball and so the umpires bring him back for his free kick….
    ??????

• Kitty litter

April 17, 2017 at 4:38 pm

The boundary umpire called it out; hence there was no advantage and the free kick was allowed to be taken.

He didn’t drop it; he fumbled it. You want a free kick for every time someone fumbles?

Don’t be a salty non-danger owner, that is… dangerous.

• Buddy Heeney

April 17, 2017 at 4:42 pm

If there was a like button for that reply I’d spam it

• Dezza

April 17, 2017 at 4:49 pm

True, if I owned Danger I would be appreciative of it.
        But disagree in regards to the fumble. It looked like he dropped it, then threw it (incorrect disposal) and then picked it up.

I do think that certain players do get looked after in the AFL in regards to free kicks etc, dating back to Wayne Carey.

35. peter

April 17, 2017 at 6:13 pm

I smelt bacon and the pig was my captain Calvin never had him… lol all good a lazy 314 i had some shockers as well Heater hepple Watson Pruiss and others 1930 not good at all