BBL

BBL Fantasy POD Players

It all starts on Tuesday, get some BBL Fantasy PODs from Nic.

We’re now under a week away from the first over of BBL|06 and with your BBL Fantasy team probably still in a state of flux, it’s time to give you an even larger migraine by throwing in some point of difference players that might just give you the edge in your head-to-head leagues. These will be players that you’ve (probably) not considered for your team to this point and I’ll try to avoid any obvious choices.

Click here for BBL Fantasy for beginners.
Click here for projected XIs.
Click here for underpriced gems.
Click here for players to avoid.
Click here for sample team ideas.
Click here to to join the dreamteamtalk.com group.

D’Arcy Short (BAT/BOW, $20,000)

Hurricanes coach Damien Wright has stated Short is almost a lock to play game one and could even open the batting since Hobart don’t really have a logical partner for Tim Paine right now. His DPP makes him very handy too.

Jhye Richardson (BOW, $38,200)

Can you imagine being a lesser-known fast bowler in a squad alongside Nathan Coulter-Nile, Andrew Tye, Jason Behrendorff, Joel Paris and Mitchell Johnson?  You’d be lucky to get a game, let alone play game one! Well a spate of injuries has opened the door for Jhye to play game one and probably a few more too.

Image result for jhye richardson bbl

Jake Reed (BOW, $74,400)

Reed only played three games last season, but his inflated price comes from the fact he averaged 55 points during those matches and took six wickets. The Hurricanes seemed to prefer Sam Rainbird over him last season, but Reed looks like he’ll get the nod for game one.

Evan Gulbis (BOW/BAT, $57,400)

With John Hastings injured, the Stars will need to find a replacement quick and Gulbis’ batting might give him the edge over Daniel Worrall. Gulbis made 16 and took two wickets in the Stars’ practice match against the Thunder a few days ago. Ben Hilfenhaus is the other one who will be in contention for the Duke’s spot.

Ryan Gibson (BAT, $20,000)

Gibson is another Thunder player who will need to play early games to make up for the team’s paper thin batting depth. He batted in the middle order during their practice match against the Stars and considering the Thunder have a double game week up first, he might be able to make you some cash. Watch out though as the Thunder might go with academy player Jay Lenton ahead of him.

Marnus Labuschagne (BAT, $30,000)

Labuschagne is having a breakout summer and should slot straight into the Heat’s middle order. The Queenslander was named the player of the series during the Matador Cup, averaging 52 runs. He might be the best short form cricketer you’ve never heard of. Slot him in if you can find the room.

Who else do you think could be a big point of difference this summer? Leave a comment below and good luck!

Click here for BBL Fantasy for beginners.
Click here for projected XIs.
Click here for underpriced gems.
Click here for players to avoid.
Click here for sample team ideas.
Click here to to join the dreamteamtalk.com group.

bblfixture1617

1. Kingzy1

December 16, 2016 at 4:55 pm

Noooo D’arcy Short was my POD bench spot lol.
    Certainly some decent cash cows there great work.

2. Joke_R

December 16, 2016 at 11:40 pm

I am completely clueless about this game, so I would love some thoughts on this team.

BAT: A.Russell, S.Marsh, B.McCullum, M.Marsh, K.Sangakkara (M. Harris, J.Faulkner)

WKP: T.Paine (B.Dunk)

BWL: T.Head, D.Bravo, S.Badree, M.Johnson, P.Cummins (G.Sandhu, D.Short)

• Arthur Mongrel

December 17, 2016 at 12:32 am

First round – some teams as per the table above play 2 games and the Melbourne Stars don’t play at all. So, load up on the Sydney teams who both have 2 games in the first round. The Adelaide Strikers have a double up in round 1, but don’t play in round 2, at all. If you’re keen on someone from their squad, go for it, but don’t over commit – you need to be able to bench them in round 2 and have cover, or trade them out.

• Joke_R

December 17, 2016 at 3:40 pm

I don’t get what you’re saying? I think I have a pretty even spread at the moment. Are you saying I need more Strikers and Sixers players? Also, who would you guys recommend as captain. I currently have the C on Russell, but I’m not sure if I should switch it or not.

• Jaidyn

December 17, 2016 at 10:25 pm

Ideally you should try start with a few more Thunder and Sixers players as they both share the Double game week in round 1 and don’t have a bye until round 6.

Russell is not a confirmed starter yet I believe so he might not feature in round 1.

3. Alf

December 17, 2016 at 2:49 pm

I’m not sure if this team is Anh good but give me some thoughts?

BAT: D.Bravo,B.McCullum,C.White,M.Stonis,C.Lynn (K.Sangakarra,K.Patterson)

WKP: B.Haddin (B.Dunk)

BWL: A.Russell,T.Head,B.Cutting,J.Faulkner,M.Marsh (D.Short,G.Sandhu)

4. Jay Dorza

December 17, 2016 at 6:53 pm

Thoughts on my team?
    BAT: A.Russell,T.Head,S.Marsh,B.McCullum,J.Roy (K.Sangakkara,M.Harris)
    WKP: B.Haddin,(J.Doran)
    BWL: M.Henriques,S.Badree,M.Marsh,P.Cummins,G.Sandhu (J.Faulkner, D.Short)

5. Matthew

December 18, 2016 at 2:18 am

feel free to join my league 753206

6. Hayden

December 18, 2016 at 4:55 pm

Which two players should be on my bench K.Sangakkara,C.Ferguson,K.Patterson,A.Blizzard or M.Harris?

• sam

December 18, 2016 at 5:08 pm

im using harris and sanga cos ill use harris in two double gws

7. Matty

December 18, 2016 at 6:41 pm

481490 join lads

8. Caribbean Connoissouer

December 18, 2016 at 10:16 pm

Who is the better option out of E Morgan and B Laughlin
    Current team is:
    Bat: T Head, G Bailey, B McCullum, J Roy, E Morgan,(K Sangakkara, M Harris)
    WK: B Dunk,(T Paine)
    Bowl: D Bravo, D Willey, S Badree, M Marsh, J Botha,(J Faulkner,D Short)

9. Kingzy1

December 19, 2016 at 1:11 pm

Got 3 positions left in my league 678133 if anyone is keen.

10. James

December 19, 2016 at 2:24 pm

987617 is the code if u want to join.

11. James

December 19, 2016 at 2:30 pm

Any thoughts on whether we should keep Russell

Nic Negrepontis

December 19, 2016 at 3:34 pm

Andre is playing so if you’re willing to spend the cash, go for it!

• James

December 19, 2016 at 4:03 pm

HALLELUJAH! he’s the one man in my team who I can’t repeat without stuffing up my whole team.

• James

December 19, 2016 at 4:06 pm

Nic, got any league spots left. I’d love to have a bit of competition in mine

12. James

December 20, 2016 at 4:31 pm

Jake Lehmann as a pod?

13. Craig

December 20, 2016 at 7:33 pm

BAT: Morgan, Patterson, Roy, Hughes, Henriques (Klinger, Sangakkara)

WKP: Haddin (Dunk)

BWL: Head(C), Russell(vc), Cummins, Botha, Sandhu (Maxwell, Stoinis)

$5.100 ITB

All starting XI have 2 games in Round 1… having both Maxwell and Stoinis allow me to use the Captain’s Loophole in Round 1, as well as having two solid all-rounders who I would want in my team going forward anyway… Bench players are all good options and should score well on any given Round.

Looking to better my 43rd placing in last year’s tournament and I fancy this is the team to get me off to a flyer (fingers crossed).

Good luck all… go well.