Lockout Chat

Round 4 Lockout Chat

lockoutDiscuss the round as it progresses in the comments. Post your scores at the completion of games but be sure to indicate how many players have played, including your captain. Follow the live scores all weekend via Chad’s DT Live website.

luxbetpuntAFL Fantasy Punt is back!

Very much like Match Day, but with prizes based on a competition pool – ie. betting like on lotto. – you can pick a side, enter it with a $10 entry fee and if you’re in the top few, you take home cash prizes.

Enter your round team before the Friday lockout, but for the single match day games it just needs to be fore they start. This week we have Tigers v Pies (FREE ENTRY!!), Cats v Eagles and Dockers v Bombers.

Sign up to a Luxbet account by clicking here and then head over to the AFL Fantasy Punt website to log in and pick your sides.

18+ and gamble responsibly.

Mina

April 13, 2014 at 1:45 pm

What an absolute joke.

I been tracking fantasy scores on afl app and there is a rediculois amount of points being missed. I’ve seen Tom Mitchell and mcveigh put in 2 tackles each which were both not added to their scores. In addition to Tom Mitchell’s 2 handballs which were also not added. Fkng joke whoever does these stats. Not happy.
    Happened last week with pavlich too

BigFloppyDonkeyDick

April 13, 2014 at 2:26 pm

they were tackles… but unfortunately the ball was disposed of and ended up in a north players hands so they dont usually get counted. although i think i saw one bounce a couple times before a north player picked it up and it still didnt get counted whihc i thought it should

Stange

April 13, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Guys, the tackle has to result in a stoppage for it to be statistically counted (a free kick awarded, or a ball up).

If the ball bounced out and was picked up the North player, and the ump hasn’t blown a whistle, it’s just playing on

BigFloppyDonkeyDick

April 13, 2014 at 3:47 pm

if it causes an ineffctive disposal its a tackle, if it falls to the ground and bouces a couple times before being picked up by a player it should be counted as ineffective

Stange

April 13, 2014 at 4:08 pm

They aren’t mutually exclusive aspects – a player can drop the ball (improper disposal) accidentally in a tackle if no prior opportunity exists to disposal of it.

And although ineffective disposal can be caused by a tackle, counting it doesn’t mean a tackle is automatically recognized. As already said, a tackle is only marked down when it causes a stoppage. The additional explanation (bigfloppy provides) doesn’t alter this whatsoever. In the last example, if the ump blew the whistle for ineffective disposal, it’s still a stoppage.

BigFloppyDonkeyDick

April 13, 2014 at 5:39 pm

tackles arent only counted in dt if its a stoppage

james_10

April 13, 2014 at 6:04 pm

If a game can make you that angry, I suggest you re-evaluate your priorities, although it may be frustrating…after all it’s just a game

2. Matt

Matt

April 13, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Great start to my Sunday! (Thnx Currie)!Titchell lift! I really need McVeigh to junk it up…

leetrevor81

April 13, 2014 at 1:46 pm

Wow I dodged a bullet….Like many I had Mumford, and also like many, on my ruck bench I have Currie.

My other ruck bench is Dericx. Yesterday I was looking at my ruck bench and noticed I had the ‘E’ on Dericx. I was thinking why the hell did I put the ‘E’ on him instead of Currie. Currie averages a small amount more so I usually would of put the ‘E’ on him.

I think it was on Dericx from the start of the year when I figured it didn’t matter which one I put it on. But very lucky, if I had a look at my ruck emergencies I’d say I would of made Currie emergency.

leetrevor81

April 13, 2014 at 2:59 pm

I guess that was karma, announcing to the world how lucky I was to have Dericx as sub. Oh well 31 beats 0

samdiatmh

April 13, 2014 at 1:47 pm

RDT – Scooter captain, Griffiths/Hanley/Caddy all onfield, Polec on bench
    AF – Scooter, Ward, Caddy, Hanley

yeah…. I don’t need to say anymore

Stange

April 13, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Mitchell making himself a candidate to be subbed out again.

Stange

April 13, 2014 at 1:58 pm

Mitchell now up to 10. Breaks the drought.

cody

April 13, 2014 at 2:19 pm

Rohan-Lloyd with Caddy on the Field

or

Caddy-Lloyd with Lloyd on the Field

Thoughts????

Stange

April 13, 2014 at 2:30 pm

I’d prefer Rohan-Lloyd with Lloyd on the field

cody

April 13, 2014 at 3:12 pm

cheers ;)

buckets

April 13, 2014 at 2:49 pm

And of course derickx is subbed off

Stange

April 13, 2014 at 2:50 pm

GREEN VEST: Mitchell avoids it.

Derickx gets it

James

April 13, 2014 at 2:59 pm

Considering whats happened this round I feel like Sandi could be a late out

Lachlan

April 13, 2014 at 3:27 pm

I am so f**king pissed. Chapman a late out leaves me with 20 from Rohan who was the subsitute, then mumford a late out means that i was supposed to get curries score, but he was a f**king late out meaning that i go from 200 to about 20.

Brendan

April 13, 2014 at 4:57 pm

you can’t complain about chapman. You knew what you were in for when you picked him.

James

April 13, 2014 at 5:24 pm

especially due to the fact he was rumored not to play all week!

leetrevor81

April 13, 2014 at 4:06 pm

I was getting nervous hearing the commentators talking about Wright going down the race and sub activated…..til I realise the Saints have a Wright too…phew!

Jackson S

April 13, 2014 at 7:03 pm

lel

James

April 13, 2014 at 5:27 pm

Hello Goddard upgrade around the byes!
    Subbed off for 13… does anyone know the extent of his injury?

Stange

April 13, 2014 at 5:40 pm

Leg problem..apparently he had it at the start of play, but Essendon tried to get him to play through it.

May be a costly move for Essendon, as Goddard and Chapman have been in awesome form lately.

Lukey85

April 13, 2014 at 6:40 pm

Sshhh James!

Stange

April 13, 2014 at 5:42 pm

What’s going on with Sandilands?

23 hitouts won, but only 36 points —- basically 13 points only if he was a non-ruck

james_10

April 13, 2014 at 6:14 pm

Had a donut in the rucks thanks to Mumford and Currie’s late withdrawal.. 36 and 37 from Caddy and Griffiths respectively, but am still somehow on track for a 2200+ score!
    2097 at half time on Ess/Freo game, with Merrett, Watson and Sandilands in play

Lukey85

April 13, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Traded Gleeson out for Crouch this week…d’oh. Kept him in RDT though.

Tom

April 13, 2014 at 7:09 pm

How about touching the ball, Merrett?

John

April 13, 2014 at 7:25 pm

2154 with a doughnut, went from 189th to 188th overall Yeess!

John

April 13, 2014 at 7:26 pm

Update 189th to 190th Fark!

20. Lt. Frank Drebin

Lt. Frank Drebin

April 13, 2014 at 8:33 pm

Thought I did OK considering Chapman, Hickey, Currie all were injured and below par scores from Watson, Sandilands, Cotchin, Tyson, Roughead, Griffiths, I guess 1977 isn’t too bad really.

Tibbedy

April 13, 2014 at 8:55 pm

What did everyone think of Nahas, subbed out on 79 is pretty good, whats his job security like?