Voting is now open for the DT TALK Golden Stubby for Round 20. This coveted prize will be awarded to the player who excelled on the weekend, taking into account price, form, opponent and whatever else tickles your fancy!
This weeks nominations (collected by @WarnieDT through Twitter) are:
- Sam Gibson (118). Ready to go back to back? After a great score last week filling in for many coaches without Dane Swan, he smashed out another ripper score filling the Great Danes (and many others, such as Mitchell) shoes!
- Adam Goodes (137). Some people were toying with putting him on the bench this week, but if you looked at his history against the Bulldogs, you would have seen he was set to smash it. And smash it he did. 3 goals in a best on ground performance. Once a gun, always a gun!
- Marc Murphy (163). It pains me to say it, but Marc Murphy was awesome in the demolition of my Bombers on the weekend. I don’t want to put the stats here as he was way too good and it will make me tear up again!
- Jack Grimes (125). Grimesy is in some awesome form. 5 out of his last 6 games he has produced 100+ scores, including a big 135 a couple of weeks ago. I love it as an owner and that the ‘injury’ risk has paid off with him only missing 1 game through suspension and averaging 90+.
- Gary Ablett (175). The #1 Captain option (and most selected captain according to DT Talk and the Assistant Coach) didn’t let anyone down who stuck with the little master. He racked up 43 touches and tore the game to shreds, despite the Suns getting pumped.
Who deserves the Golden Stubby for Round 21
- Sam Gibson (24%, 345 Votes)
- Adam Goodes (12%, 172 Votes)
- Marc Murphy (10%, 147 Votes)
- Jack Grimes (5%, 71 Votes)
- Gary Ablett (48%, 684 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,419
Stay tuned for the results. If you are a beer company looking at this, we’re looking for a sponsor of this awesome award (and much more brilliant exposure). Please contact us if you are a beer company and want to get on board