DT TALK

Golden Stubby – Round 20

It was a big week for some of our favourite AFL Dream Team players this round, but we have managed to pick 5 players to be up for the Golden Stubby Award for Round 20. Sam Gibson, Adam Treloar, Patrick Dangerfield, Trent Cotchin and Dean Cox all had great games. There were a lot of players who would have been worth nominees, but that’s our list!

Voting is now open for the DT TALK Golden Stubby for Round 20. This coveted prize will be awarded to the player who excelled on the weekend, taking into account price, form, opponent and whatever else tickles your fancy!

This weeks nominations (collected by @WarnieDT through Twitter) are:

• Sam Gibson (114). Gibbo is filling the hole that Dane Swan left in thousands of Dream Teams this week. Some people traded, but most backed in Gibbo to do the job! And what a job he did!
  • Adam Treloar (112). This man has now been nominated for 4 weeks straight… yet still hasn’t walked away with a Golden Stubby. Was he Swan cover or once again did he do an epic job covering Buddy (or even Chappy) this week? It’s time!
  • Patrick Dangerfield  (137). He is coming off a big 130 and was a highly selected IN for a lot of teams this week and he delivered! Dangerfield is pretty much locking himself into all of our teams next year at the moment!
  • Trent Cotchin (152). The Cotch kicked 3 goals and is quite unique in DT but has been pumping out some massive scores this year. He won quite a few of my Twitter followers their games this week.
  • Dean Cox (147). Coxy received quite a few Tweets and right so kicking off our weekend in fine form. People questioned him as his status the best ruck in the comp but this cemented it.
Honorable Mentions: Grant Birchall, Josh Kennedy, Dayne Beams, Steve Johnson, Aaron Hall, Devon Smith, Jobe Watson, Bryce Gibbs, Matt Wright, Brendan Lee… and probably a whole lot more!

Who deserves the Golden Stubby for Round 20

• Sam Gibson (36%, 558 Votes)
  • Adam Treloar (16%, 246 Votes)
  • Patrick Dangerfield (16%, 241 Votes)
  • Trent Cotchin (12%, 188 Votes)
  • Dean Cox (20%, 317 Votes)

Total Voters: 1,549

Loading ... Loading ...

Stay tuned for the results. If you are a beer company looking at this, we’re looking for a sponsor of this awesome award (and much more brilliant exposure). Please contact us if you are a beer company and want to get on board

probably

August 12, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Cox for mine, proved why you can’t hold rookies in DT finals. I was pretty concerned with him against Giles on recent form, but he handed me nearly an 80 point advantage, somewhat covering the Roughy ruck donut.

probably

August 12, 2012 at 10:10 pm

and yes, I’m aware of the fact that gibson and treloar are rookies, but still, cox all the way

Just Go Bang!

August 13, 2012 at 12:27 am

As I mentioned below, he was by far the highest scoring Ruck on the weekend. Only 3 other Rucks managed to crack the ton, with many R1s scoring in the 70s or 80s. Cox nabbed 147 sweet ones.

A big advantage to have him in your team this weekend.

colesy

August 12, 2012 at 10:09 pm

The first option for me

The Croweater

August 12, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Treloar 4th time lucky? Go you good thing!

Wouldn’t mind Gibbo getting it either, massive weight on his shoulders covering for Swan for so many and delivered with a 50+ last quarter.

whizza

August 12, 2012 at 10:11 pm

big fan of the ROK hitting some massive scores

BOOMER

August 12, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Treloar 106, 121, 96, 112 outstanding, he deserves a stubby!
    Danger in awesome form too for 137.

But I’m giving my vote to Gibbo. A MASSIVELY important 114 for those like myself who held Swanny, can’t be ignored, Swan’s shoes were big shoes to fill, so gotta go Gibbo.

feathertopDT

August 13, 2012 at 9:54 am

FU BOOMER
      It’s all Gibbo’s!

BOOMER

August 13, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Warnie I wanna change my vote! :P

Justin

August 12, 2012 at 10:23 pm

What more does Treloar have to do?

Matthew

August 12, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Exactly this is absolutely ridiculous, with Buddy missing, Robbo been in and out, Sidebottom 2 weeks ago and the DPP helping for swanny Treloar has saved my ass and a lot of others 4 weeks in a row, with an average 109! Just a joke if he doesn’t get it, Gibbo already won it aswell RIDICULOUS Treloar can do no more…

morgs10

August 13, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Treloar has been good but Gibson Cost less was covering for higher scoring players (Midfield) and scored higher??? what more does he have to do deserved winner.

Michael

August 12, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Treloar won’t win it becoz most offloaded him after that 21 score

Just Go Bang!

August 13, 2012 at 12:18 am

Any of those players on the list would be worthy winners; Gibbo chiming in with a timely and tasty 114 to cover Swan (thank you!); and Dangermouse and Cotchin both showing some rare form of late. But we expect (and usually get) these big scores from our Mids. That’s why, for me, Big Cox is the winner this weekend.

Being a West Coast supporter I am a bit biased, but this site is about DT and he is an out and out DT jet. 147 points from your R1 in the first round of DT finals. Thank you very much. The next highest ruck score of the entire round was Bellchambers with 113 (and not many have him anyway). Other than those two, the only ruckmen to crack the ton were NicNat (111) and Kreuzer (104).

Basically, if you didn’t have him in your side, and your opponent did, you were probably well on your way to losing your DT final.

SLAVE

August 13, 2012 at 12:52 am

I agree – Cox should get it for a killer season up till now, and a massive score to boot.

But, I don’t think he’ll get it.
      Players that top-score for a round don’t auto-get the stubby, and even though Coxy is very DT relevant (ie. isn’t Matt Rosa = matty who?) I think Treloar should be the most likely candidate.

DonkeyKong

August 13, 2012 at 3:54 am

Beau Wilkes (121) saved my ass!

But out of that list, it was Big Cox that got the job done yet again!

Reprobates

August 13, 2012 at 6:19 am

Aaron Hall for me. Covered Fyfes late out, won me all 5 into 4 Prelims..legend!

Pittbull

August 14, 2012 at 11:08 am

jake

August 13, 2012 at 7:41 am

I vote for trealor
    Absolute gun
    Thinking of him for next year as well.
    Average of 109 in the last 4 weeks is insane. Not bad consistency either.

I would also like to mention Devon smith, scores of 100, 107 and 103 in the last 3 weeks, he too is amazingly consistent cover. Between the trealor, Devon, gibbo and zorko. Image some awesome mid/fwd cover that is gonna help me big time in the preliminary and grand final (touch wood)

hussy

August 13, 2012 at 8:23 am

gotta have devon smith there as well! got like 4 consecutive 100’s now or something

Warnie

August 13, 2012 at 8:36 am

3… not quite as good as Treloar.

brisbane_rule

August 13, 2012 at 9:26 am

Can’t go past Gibson covering Swan and scoring better than a lot of other premium mids.

Shazzam

August 13, 2012 at 9:36 am

Went Treloar to Dangerfield on Friday knowing my opponent had Dangerfield. Turns out If I didn’t I would have lost.

So happy for Gibson or Dangerfield to get it. Voted Gibson though as it was touch and go until the final qtr.

Shazzam

August 13, 2012 at 9:41 am

Actually no. Would have won anyway…but still happy with Danger…. He was the reason I lost two games early in the season. Also was the right choice looking at Thompsons score…

15. feathertopDT

feathertopDT

August 13, 2012 at 9:53 am

Sam Gibson won me my league match from absolutely no where….
    Lake Gibson Jobe and Birchall vs Boyd Mitchell Lewis and 94 points

BOOMER

August 13, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Technically Lake won you you’re league game Feath. Gibbo was outstanding getting 114, but it was his 3rd ton in a row, hardly surprising. Whilst Lake (43 last week) gave you 95 this week when it really counted. ;)

Shags

August 13, 2012 at 10:46 am

Cox for me, proves he is the number 1 ruck in a terrible ruck year. He can be forgiven for one or two injury affected games. Happy to say i havent made one ruck trade all year. Thank you cox.

Juiced Up

August 13, 2012 at 11:07 am

I’ve got both Treloar and Gibbo. For me Gibbo deserves the award. His last quarter got me over the line.

Jason Canterford

August 13, 2012 at 8:33 pm

I saw he was on 17 at quarter time, so that’s basically 100 in 3 quarters. Freakshow!

18. Slappers

Slappers

August 13, 2012 at 12:10 pm

dont have any of these… yes i know… still won and i go straight into prelim… yeh baby..

i am nominating Brian Lake…
    resorting my trust in him and pumping out a nice 95 after a couple of shockers…

The x Factor

August 13, 2012 at 2:59 pm

tis okay…. I only have 2….

The x Factor

August 13, 2012 at 2:59 pm

if fyfe doesn’t play this week treloar will be relied upon yet again!

Slappers

August 13, 2012 at 3:48 pm

sandi is set to return tho… trade him in ASAP….. ha ha ha

Pittbull

August 14, 2012 at 11:06 am

Cotchin was traded into my team this week with a first up 151 so he got my vote. With Porp, Chappy & Franklin not playing in my forward line, Aaron Hall’s 101 was the most valuable to me and I think he should have been a voting option instead of an honourable mention. He was my last picked 100k forward before round 1 and because he hasn’t gone up enough in value he hasn’t been traded out of my team, finally paying off this week.

Reprobates

August 14, 2012 at 6:03 pm

+1 to your +1. To hold Hall all year and for him to perform when really needed..in a final. Malthouse player.

Pittbull

August 14, 2012 at 11:07 am

*152 sorry.

wereallcox

August 14, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Cox for such a Fantastic season and help get the W over the Cats.
    Cotchin close second (just brought him into the mix for finals – will dominate!)

Well done boys!