DT TALK

‘Par’ – Round 12

This is based on the scores from the teams who are ranked in the top 5k overall and averaged out. We thought this gives the best indication of the ‘better’ teams so we can all gage our weekly efforts based on theirs. We think this number is about right… therfore ‘par’ for each round and will be posted here in DT TALK shortly after each round (thanks to Virtual Sports). There’s no point averaging the top 25k or everyone in the competition as some of these guys would probably forget to do their teams. So the top 5k average is the mark.

If you don’t think this is a fair indication, then ppffthhh. Take it for what it is.

For those who play that other silly game: The SuperCoach ‘PAR’ was 1968

Get onto the Assistant Coach and SuperGold for more of these amazing facts!

Do you need a Captain? Then Calvin will help you out. Don't want a Captain? Calvin will tell you anyway. The man who digs deep into stats will help you pick a great captain and give you plenty of Fantasy advice. Follow him on Twitter: @CalvinDT

Em

June 17, 2012 at 9:52 pm

First (this week).

peteepie

June 17, 2012 at 10:46 pm

well done em…i got 2329 and thought that was pretty good, but you creamed me. i should have gone less st.kilda and more north like you did “blues news”

Peter

June 18, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I got 1623 with 6 donuts and Hargarve out…. Iam equal top of my league. Looking forward to round 14 as i have a very nice looking bench just waiting to hit the field…

davidneitz9

June 17, 2012 at 9:53 pm

par should be -3 with these ridiculous team selections

Chuck Norris

June 17, 2012 at 9:56 pm

9 shots under par.

If this was golf I would be stoked! haha but still pretty happy . Would have cracked 1900 (probably) if Hargrave played!!! But I guess this would be true for most people

FMDT

June 17, 2012 at 9:57 pm

WTF some1 tell me whats going on i got 1787 but jumpped 36,000 odd spots? par says 1833. based on par shoudnt i have gone down in rankings

Chuck Norris

June 17, 2012 at 10:06 pm

It depends on where you were ranked. On average, people in the top 5000 last week will go up or down depending on how much higher or lower you scored from 1833.

JungleMuffin

June 17, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Obviously you were ranked 205,000, not 5,000.

FMDT

June 17, 2012 at 10:44 pm

actually was 57,000-ish last week

Cooper

June 18, 2012 at 10:40 am

JungleMuffin, why are you so cool?

Ingoes

June 18, 2012 at 11:19 pm

It’s the watermelon, obviously. Der.

Megatron

June 17, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Screw that, got 1747 with 7 donuts on field. Could have killed it had it not been a damn bye round

Mateyman

June 18, 2012 at 11:08 am

who was playing for you? Cause you are averaging about 110 per player.

Adrian

June 17, 2012 at 10:06 pm

normally 6 under par would be great, but i guess not in fantasy footy

Nix

June 17, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Calm people – 1,833 would have given a rise to everyone outside the top 200 this round.

The maintain level scores were:
    – 1839 to stay at 100 position,
    – 1822 to stay at 200 position.

This ‘par’ is weighted towards the top end because the scores aren’t a uniform distribution even in the top 5000, they have a very long leading front.

Motto

June 17, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Great explanation Nix, can you post that as a five figure summary with a box plot ; )

Ingoes

June 18, 2012 at 11:17 pm

He’s right – my 1824 moved me up from 4400 to 3800

JungleMuffin

June 17, 2012 at 10:33 pm

17 off the pace.

Would have been fuck knows how much ahead if Hargrave didn’t rape me.

The 48 I missed from Big O thanks to a boozy Friday afternoon has cost me a spot in the top 250 :/

Motto

June 17, 2012 at 10:37 pm

That Hargrave is a Cunny Funt. We will all trade him out and he will come and and smash it next week.

colesy

June 17, 2012 at 11:39 pm

went back 77 spots with a 1782, ranked 3095 now.

Jerome

June 17, 2012 at 11:52 pm

i need to downgrade someone in my defence and i have already got darley and shaw….it has to be under 190,000 cos i want at least 20,000 left over….who should i go to????

CAPTAINBLOOD17

June 18, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Downgrade?? you’ve got two rookies already. my teams all but finished. look to upgrade!

pinky

June 17, 2012 at 11:57 pm

scored 1861, climed up about 1150 rankings to the 4300s, par seems about right to me, wish I didnt mess up the loophole, would have got extra 47 points had I got intended cpatains score and not the VC

Jonathan

June 18, 2012 at 12:28 am

I managed to squeezze in a 2026, without hargrave and hall.

Harps

June 18, 2012 at 1:48 am

I must be the only one who likes the way the bye rounds are this year compared to last years set up.
    & no it is not that I scored well but it it easier than having 2/3 teams a week having a bye over different weeks, i.e, a team having a bye then 4/9 weeks later having another.
    If next year every team has 2 bye’s with LTI’s how long will 24 trades last?
    Just look @ players going down so far this year, Carrazzo, Goodes, Fyfe, Gibblett, Hmack to name 5.
    I like the way this years MBR are with 24 trades, If it changes next year will need more trades or it will have more of a negative effect on DTmers as they will have more donuts & lose a bit more interest over the season compared this years MBR’s.

my 5 Kina worth

James

June 18, 2012 at 7:57 am

I liked last years….. 1 I did better 2 there was more stratergy on when to trade and get the premo’s

SLAVE

June 18, 2012 at 8:24 am

I like the multibyes this year – makes it much more strategic on how you build your team to try and win those bye round games.
        Among all the peeps in my leagues, most are down to 5 to 8 trades now – it’s gonna be carnage when more injuries arrive!

Ike

June 18, 2012 at 7:33 am

Went back 100 spots with 1777 had plenty of ultra premos on the bench, now sitting 303. Interestingly I jumped 450 spots in that other silly game in which I pretty much just take the piss and am now ranked 228, weird! MBRs have killed my shot at the car… oh well its a game of luck in the end of the day

James

June 18, 2012 at 7:54 am

After been about 100 behind ‘par’ last week, im now 100 ahead of ‘par’ this week

mainy.3

June 18, 2012 at 8:26 am

2087 this week doesn’t excuse the 1400 i made last week. This isnt rocket science, but cant be far off. Oh and Hargrave, I hate you with a passion.

Aidan

June 18, 2012 at 11:37 am

Thoughts on my team? All ideas, criticism etc all welcome
    $381,800 Left Over

Lids, Goddard, Adcock, Enright, Clarke, Dempsey, Sam Shaw (Darley & Townsend)

Swan, Pendlebury, Boyd, Mitchell, Ablett (Sexton & Williams)

Cox, Giles (Stephenson & Redden)

Johnson, Dangerfield, Franklin, Cloke, Martin, Zorko, Treloar (Pfieller & Devon Smith)

Going to go Pfieller to Robinson next week and Sam Shaw to Carrazzo in 2 weeks then my team will be set I think. Pretty sure unless somebody come up with a better idea

Sammy J

June 18, 2012 at 11:57 am

You only have 5 ‘on field’ midfielders champ.

Justin

June 18, 2012 at 12:11 pm

I’m hating the bye rounds, having a shocker with 200 below par each week.
    My teams finally set now and I punched some numbers based on all players lows, highs and average.
    I discovered my team has a range of 1280-3025 and now has an average of 2099.49
    This will have to be it for me as I have only two trades remaining.
    Just gotto avoid LTI’s and I’m sweet.

Albert Lloyd

June 18, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Wish we could have the ability to rescind one trade.

Kruzer to Maric last week costing me 150K was just madness!! :(

Ingoes

June 18, 2012 at 11:19 pm

WTF did you think Kreuzer was going to get? 12? Maric beat him by 30. Your only regret should be pulling the trigger earlier.

Albert Lloyd

June 18, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Literally thought he would get about 50 as he wasn’t in great form and it was wet as hell in Perth on Thurs.

Now I can only get 2 out of Beams, Ablett and Carazzo without doing another downgrade.

Maxx

June 18, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Scored a 1901 and went up 94 places to 166, was thinking that i’d just hold or go down rather than go up a significant amount.

Cooper

June 18, 2012 at 2:40 pm

I’m upgrading Bugg in r14, cash is not a factor, who would be best out of Shaw, Suckling, Broughton or Carrots.. I think Carrots due to his active role in the Carlton midfield…

Cooper

June 18, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Actually, what would be better do you guys think? The combo of Thompson, Stevie J, Broughton and Carrazzo or Swan, Stevie J Carrazzo and Hargrave?..

Ike

June 18, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Swan, Stevie J, Carrots and Hepp/Fisher… if u want slightly cheaper defender. Fish will avg and be more consistant than Gravy not to mention unique.

Ingoes

June 18, 2012 at 11:22 pm

So that is Thompson and Carazzo vs. Swan and Hargrave – why type the other guys on both sides?

The answer is Swan and Carazzo.