Voting is now open for the DT TALK Golden Stubby for Round 6. This coveted prize will be awarded to the player who excelled on the weekend, taking into account price, form, opponent and whatever else tickles your fancy!
This weeks nominations (collected by @WarnieDT through Twitter) are:
- Brent Stanton (193). Of course he has to win it… he scored 193! This is now the modern day AFL Dream Team record. He is a massive chance to take home at least a dozen of these this year… he already has 2 Golden Stubby’s!
- Steve Johnson (163). Stevie J loves playing the Dees and this game was no exception. He knocked out 35 touches and 3 goals. What makes it special is that he was probably the correct answer for the Fyfe trade.
- Toby Greene (122). With the late withdrawal of Joel Selwood, quite a few coaches on Twitter told me that Greene came off the bench for him. With 122 and the top score for the Giants, he was a ripper and with that score in the mix for a couple of weeks, his price will skyrocket.
- Kyal Horsley (123). I had a look on ‘WarneBet’ and the ‘Horse’ is paying $1.02 to be the most traded in player this week. With 101 on debut, he backed it up with 123 this week. Who needs Ablett anyway?!
- Dyson Heppell (137). The rising star from 2011 has been pretty good this year but none better than his game on the weekend where he accumulated 34 touches and 14 marks. Roy was up and about with him… and it seems quite a few others were on Twitter too.
Who deserves the Golden Stubby for Round 6
- Brent Stanton (65%, 1,545 Votes)
- Steve Johnson (5%, 130 Votes)
- Toby Greene (11%, 257 Votes)
- Kyal Horsley (14%, 334 Votes)
- Dyson Heppell (5%, 112 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,373
Unlucky to not get a gig in the poll: Harley Bennell, Devon Smith, Dean Cox, Jobe Watson.
Stay tuned for the results. If you are a beer company looking at this, we’re looking for a sponsor of this awesome award (and much more brilliant exposure). Please contact us if you are a beer company and want to get on board!