Voting is now open for the DT TALK Golden Stubby for Round 4. This coveted prize will be awarded to the player who excelled on the weekend, taking into account price, form, opponent and whatever else tickles your fancy!
This weeks nominations (collected by @WarnieDT through Twitter) are:
- Brent Stanton (175). After winning the award in Round 1 for his mammoth 153, his 175 points blew that out of the water – especially against the Blues who have been killing it this year. He’s in under 10,000 teams… expect that to change this week.
- Tom Rockliff (143). DT Talk’s own Rocky had an all round awesome DT game. 37 touches, 7 tackles and 2 goals… plus the best on ground medal.
- Dane Swan (134). Swanny gets the nomination here as the number two pick in Calvin’s Captains. If you watched the live show, and read Calvin’s article carefully, taking the punt on Swanny would have paid off big time. Hopefully this is just the start for the ultimate fantasy pig.
- Steele Sidebottom (117). Iron Frontbum gets the nomination from a few punters as the ‘winner’ of the best trade in for Nat Fyfe. Fantastic DT game with a great kick:handball ratio with 21 kicks and 5 handballs. He also added 2 goals to his tally.
- Ryan Hargrave (111). This is a perfect nomination for the Golden Stubby and what AFL Dream Team is all about. Hargrave was on 32 at half time and looking like having a pretty ordinary game around the 60-70 mark. In the third quarter he picked up with 31 points and then finished the game with 48 points in the last – but get this, about 25 of those points came in the last couple of minutes winning people games, helping them crack 2000… and making other wear dirty old green vests.
Who deserves the Golden Stubby for Round 4
- Brent Stanton (46%, 1,022 Votes)
- Tom Rockliff (13%, 280 Votes)
- Dane Swan (6%, 141 Votes)
- Steele Sidebottom (8%, 178 Votes)
- Ryan Hargrave (27%, 583 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,200
Stay tuned for the results. If you are a beer company looking at this, we’re looking for a sponsor of this awesome award (and much more brilliant exposure). Please contact us if you are a beer company and want to get on board!