Lockout Chat

AFL Dream Team 2012 Opening Countdown Chat

AFL Dream Team will be opening at midnight AEST tonight! While counting down to the launch of our favourite game, get in the chat with other DT diehards and discuss the game and all things fantasy footy. Stay tuned for the second preseason episode of DT Talk too!

The launch of AFL Dream Team for 2012 is tonight at midnight (AEST). We’ll be chatting in here with other Dream Team coaches throughout the evening about all things Dream Team.

Stay tuned during the evening for our second DT TALK preseason episode of the year featuring interviews with Nathan Buckley and Andrew Swallow as well as more of Meet the Draftees (Jonathon Patton, Chad Wingard, Lin Jong and Elliott Kavanagh). Get involved in the chat to be the first to see that and possibly a sneak peek at some of the features of DT2012! Wowee!

This is the biggest night for far for AFL Dream Team in 2012… come on the journey with us!

Aidan

January 31, 2012 at 6:04 pm

Pointless 1st comment

Brett

January 31, 2012 at 6:17 pm

and idiots who post comments like the ones above should be banned from commenting for a month

Aidan

January 31, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Oh get over it Brett

tuppy

January 31, 2012 at 7:19 pm

whats the deal with pre registering for a chance to win the tickets to the granny,,do ya have to do that if ya played last yr??
          if so how?..is it just where it says register interest ?
          cheers

Magpie Mayhem

March 4, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Sorry Aiden I’m with Brett on this…

feathertopDT

January 31, 2012 at 8:18 pm

The Johnsonator

January 31, 2012 at 6:07 pm

start posting Head to Heads! and thoughts on all players that will make your initial DT! get excited!

RLGriffin

January 31, 2012 at 6:10 pm

OMG OMG OMG. I really hope my missus doesn’t want to ‘make love’ tonight… I may have to feign a headache.

tuppy

January 31, 2012 at 7:07 pm

hahahaha best comment of the whole pre season..,iv allready rang mine and told her iv got a headache

and if i see one more sook call for someone to get banned im gonna spew MAN UP!!..its what its all about ,,plus were all a little strung out :)

adzman

January 31, 2012 at 7:35 pm

ill just tell the missus we can still do it but ill be on the computer as well, so i wont be extending myself…

RLGriffin

January 31, 2012 at 7:45 pm

So the standard performance then ;-)

dt rox

January 31, 2012 at 11:21 pm

I’m thinking doggie with iPad on her back. If I have any dramas with that she can sit on top, do all the work and hold the iPad for me!!!!

mtooler

January 31, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Lol RL!

Brett

January 31, 2012 at 6:15 pm

if your married rlgriffen you should be alright

Nooie

January 31, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Is this really happening? I am so EXCITED!
    Here is ny FINAL team heading into Feb 1:

TEAM NAME: Nicks Nightmares 12
    DEF: B. Goddard, C. Enright, B. Deledio, G. Birchall, B. Ellis, L. Spurr, B. Wilkes (M. Talia, A. Boseley)
    MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, M. Murphy, S. Thompson, A. Treloar, D. Zorko (T. Mitchell, S. Gibson)
    RUC: M. Leuenberger, Z. Smith (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
    FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, T. Cloke, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, J. Cameron, H. Crozier (S. Rowe, L. Williams)
    CASH LEFT: $1,600

I CAN’T WAIT!!!!

Jack Ormerod

January 31, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Barlow over murphy, and xtra money to H-Mac over Smith.

Magpie Mayhem

March 4, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Barlow over murphy???

imofm

February 1, 2012 at 5:15 am

Any reasoning behind rookies Boseley, Gibson & Williams or is it just they’re cheap? If the latter, then you don’t have much cash to upgrade over the NAB if required.

spartan crumpet

January 31, 2012 at 6:37 pm

just sitting on the work computer bored as. wish i worked for qantas then i would be home right now thinking of ways to deceive the gf to get on midnight dt

Robdog

January 31, 2012 at 6:49 pm

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/128375/default.aspx – will be heaps good to see what they can do!

Aidan

January 31, 2012 at 7:13 pm

What do you rekon O’Meara and Crouch will start @ next year

Aidan

January 31, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Price wise

giants

January 31, 2012 at 7:16 pm

Rookie price like Shiel, Treloar, etc are this year, I would assume.

Robdog

January 31, 2012 at 7:23 pm

going on this years prices, id say around 120-160k but who knows really

tuppy

January 31, 2012 at 7:28 pm

omeara cant play this yr

tuppy

January 31, 2012 at 7:29 pm

ooppss sorry didnt read that right ,hee’l b priced as a no1 draft pick

Henry

January 31, 2012 at 8:25 pm

O’Meara and Crouch will be priced exactly like Shiel and Treloar were. Jus above basement price, so they could both be midfield rookie locks for 2013 (I can’t believe I’m talking about 2013 tactics 3 hours before 2012 DT Opens!)

RandomPickaxe

January 31, 2012 at 6:59 pm

Oh man, I’m excited! Might go and get myself a pizza to get this night started right!

On a related note: What do you guys think about Stevie J as a starting selection? He wasn’t in the deck and I’m not sure if I should go for him or gamble on a (third) “might breakout” DPP for the forward line.

Five hours to go!

Robdog

January 31, 2012 at 7:24 pm

530k, id try the gamble mate

tuppy

January 31, 2012 at 7:33 pm

if ya think he can play as good as last yr ,its not even a gamble in my book,,go for it..i had him from rnd 1 last yr pure gun

Ridley U

January 31, 2012 at 9:23 pm

I would take the punt on a Martin or Robinson :-)

I don’t think you can lose either way though as Stevie J is a gun!!

Uncle Fester

January 31, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Yes, yes. DT time again.

And living in the west means that we can log in from 9pm Perth time. Good times.

PurpleArmy

January 31, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Woo!, Good to be in Perth too :)

adzman

January 31, 2012 at 7:42 pm

ok DT friends….. i’ve got a question..

i havent finished outside the top 2000 in the last few years so i’m not rubbish but i’m not getting any better either…..

every year when i analyse the things i stuffed up it always ended up being a midrange pick from the start that snowballed.

i’ve never actually played full guns and rookies because i’m too stubborn and think i can find smokies……… but this year i’m going for it!

ATM my structure is 14-guns, 3 midprice, 13 rookies…..

so to all the guns and rookie players out there is that about how the structure is supposed to be? seems like loads of rookies….a bit scarey for me :P

Bucks Bandit's

January 31, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Looks like a fine set up to me, Pilko’s pump pant’s ;)

adzman

January 31, 2012 at 8:32 pm

go the pump pant! invention of a genius!

Birdy

January 31, 2012 at 9:26 pm

um this may be a silly question but isn’t guns n rooks meant to be just guns and rooks therefore you wouldn’t have ANY mid pricers???

adzman

January 31, 2012 at 9:42 pm

had to sneak barlow…. i wouldn’t exactly call him a mid price…. and i cant pass christianson up :P

tuppy

January 31, 2012 at 10:14 pm

finishing in the top 2k makes u an elite player ,and not far off the car useing the system that u do,,i wouldnt be changing too much,,when your that close it comes down to luck,,captains,etc,,or getting very anal about it(this yr esecially)
      id be sticking to the system u have now now,only 1 person wins the car ,so ya odds are bad anyway,but finishing in the top 2k consistantly will win u most leagues,,and maybe jag a weekly prize
      theres no way im putting that many rookies in my team ,or going pure gun/rook style,,to me that wont raise your chance at the car much,,but could really see you out of the top 2k and contention for the car in a hurry
      id stick to ya system and hope for some luck..thats what ill be doing for sure..good luck

imofm

February 1, 2012 at 4:57 am

Yeah, I’d second that. Good advice. Top 2k is getting very close.

Hey Tuppy, good luck mate.

Magpie Mayhem

March 4, 2012 at 9:49 pm

I am in the same boat Adzman (around 1500) and I believe its because I get scared that I may lose to a certain mate or someone I may have gobbed of to in one of my leagues, and sideways trade, the other thing is to nail the correct rooks to make the big $$ to get a full team of premiums by round 12-14.
      So this year I have a game plan to stick to my GUNS and WAIT till the rookies fatten up, then as long as I finish in the eight I should smash all before me on the way home. :-0
      Sounds good in theory……

BigStu

January 31, 2012 at 8:16 pm

adzman – These days there is so much info out there on rookies that I think these midrange picks are pointless. To finish where you have you understand the game better than 99% of players and obviously trade well througout the year. I finished 637th (after being in the 200’s most of the year) last year in my 2nd year (after being converted from Supercoach) after a top 2000 the year before.

Have always played a strong Premo and rook team and you are around the mark on your current split. Rookies will go up in value so much quicker and the speculative midrange players usually end up being traded out anyway as the success rate of selecting them is quite low as a rule.

It is scary as you don’t want to waste a whole year if you stuff it up ;)

Good luck man, Stu

adzman

January 31, 2012 at 8:32 pm

cheers stu!

i guess its scarey when you see a line with 3+ untried kids on it….. there’s always that comforting thing of having an AFL experienced player there to make you feel safer. Even if that player has shown spud like qualities!

well this year no more!..guns and rookies all the way!.. no more palmers, no more lakes… no more duds..

bring on the car!

Ridley U

January 31, 2012 at 9:13 pm

This season is perfect to try it out with guys like MacDonald, Giles, Orren, Wilkes etc who are priced as rookies. Mid-pricers are fine though if you get the right ones e.g. – Suckling and Shiels from last year who will be seen as premiums this year.

I just can’t say no to Lake at that price. He can be a premium if fit. NAB Cup will tell all :-)

my blue roan

January 31, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Agreed!

my blue roan

January 31, 2012 at 9:04 pm

I’m thinking of getting Rosa in this year.
    Any opinions on this?
    ta.

my blue roan

January 31, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Oi!!
    Anyone home? :-D

tuppy

January 31, 2012 at 10:18 pm

like most of em watch pre season,,like the way ya thinking ,but think alot depends on how well the eagles play,,rather have him than a rookie

dt rox

January 31, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Wont make enough to be a cash cow but not a keeper either… Pass

Builder

January 31, 2012 at 9:26 pm

These people are always home for chat or advice if you need it!

my blue roan

January 31, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Ta Builder.
      Not on FB though…and still not ready to jump in there..but hopefully someone will have some informed advice re Rosa, and hopefully a WC fan who really knows..or maybe Rosa himself might think he’s a good pick!! :-D

The 19th Man

January 31, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Mundy or Barlow?

my blue roan

January 31, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Sorry I’m not one of the experts 19th, but I seem to be the only other one here, so,
      I’d go with both of them!!!
      :-D

troy

January 31, 2012 at 10:16 pm

definently Mundy. only had him in my pro team last year but definently in this year and he’s much more unique than Barlow. Everyone has Barlow but Mundy will score more and be more consistent

Reece Utd

February 1, 2012 at 12:20 am

Terrible advice….. King Barlow!!!

Flying High

February 1, 2012 at 12:50 pm

cptFantasy

January 31, 2012 at 9:57 pm

Would you hesitate picking a player knowing that they’re out of contract and headed to GWS?

my blue roan

January 31, 2012 at 9:59 pm

I’d go with Goddard.

eeepobreci

January 31, 2012 at 10:29 pm

well i cant log in to the chat, so fvck that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Builder

January 31, 2012 at 11:18 pm

when is the second episode coming up??
    get on this while your waiting!

Aidan

January 31, 2012 at 11:53 pm

TEAM ONE OR TWO OR THREE

1. TEAM NAME: Hillbilly Tigers
    MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, M. Murphy, L. Hodge, M. Barlow, S. Coniglio (L. Brown, T. Mitchell)
    RUC: D. Cox, J. Giles (S. Rowe, O. Stephenson)
    FWD: L. Franklin, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, N. Riewoldt, J. Cameron, A. Kennedy (B. Smedts, D. Zorko)
    CASH LEFT: $6,400

2. DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, B. Lake, M. Clarke, S. Docherty, L. Spurr (S. Morris, S. Darley)
    MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, S. Mitchell, M. Murphy, M. Barlow, S. Coniglio (L. Brown, T. Mitchell)
    RUC: D. Cox, J. Giles (S. Rowe, O. Stephenson)
    CASH LEFT: $2,700

3. DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, B. Waters, M. Clarke, S. Docherty, L. Spurr (S. Darley, S. Morris)
    MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, M. Barlow, S. Coniglio, K. Horsely (L. Brown, T. Mitchell)
    RUC: D. Cox, B. McEvoy (S. Rowe, O. Stephenson)
    FWD: L. Franklin, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, N. Riewoldt, I. Folau, C. Hampton (B. Smedts, D. Zorko)
    CASH LEFT: $31,100

Blunty

February 1, 2012 at 12:11 am

team two without a doubt

imofm

February 1, 2012 at 5:00 am

Four

Magpie Mayhem

March 4, 2012 at 9:51 pm

you have about 10 leagues going dont you ……..chuck one in each

mtooler

February 1, 2012 at 12:16 am

its working now!

jacktenstar

February 1, 2012 at 12:21 am

Already stuffed up Virtual Sports.

Won’t allow me to choose a school to enter school competition.

Bazman

February 1, 2012 at 1:52 am

You’re right mate, sorry about that. You should be able to select a school now.

mtooler

February 1, 2012 at 12:28 am

sweet, projected scores and bes

Big Feller

February 1, 2012 at 12:28 am

Assistant Coach is projecting my first round score to be 1,731!

jacktenstar

February 1, 2012 at 12:39 am

Got to love the rookie projections of 0.

G-Bangers

February 1, 2012 at 12:33 am

So nice to back ! My team is made and ready for the NAB Cup now when the real fun starts ;)

Hello Brapp hope you’re well…

Brappinalong

February 1, 2012 at 9:38 am

G’day champ, I’m going great and am pumped for some footy and DT.

Flying High

February 1, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Anyone else notice the Captain and Vice Captain are automatically picked? Does this mean there wont be a VC loophole this year with Sydney/GWS Game a week earlier than the rest?

John

February 5, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Just a thought about a future DT Rule Change. Do you think they should bring in some points (say 2 or 3 points) every time a player bounces the ball. What do you reckon

Sam

February 7, 2012 at 8:25 pm

savage and young??
    thoughts?

Sam

February 14, 2012 at 7:52 pm

i need to know whether gary rohan will have a big year or not? help!!

Magpie Mayhem

March 4, 2012 at 9:55 pm

my prediction 75-85 he is bloody fit and bloody fast…….that is for sure!!

Andrew Cotton

February 14, 2012 at 10:57 pm

I’m a DT rookie over from England and would appreciate any advice.

What do you think of my team:

Team Name: Sheikh Yo-Booty

DEF: B. Goddard, M. Suckling, G. Broughton, D. Heppell, B. Lake, K. Hunt, M. Clarke
    (A. Boseley, P. Wright)
    MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett, A. Goodes, N. Van Berlo, S. Coniglio, A. Morabito
    (D. Tyson, K. Stevens)
    RUC: M. Leuenberger, J. Giles (J. Witts, O. Stephenson)
    FWD: L. Franklin, T. Cloke, D. Zaharakis, N. Riewoldt, J. Brown, J. Butcher, J. Porplyzia
    (D. Zorko, S. Rowe)

CASH LEFT: $16,600

Magpie Mayhem

March 4, 2012 at 10:01 pm

without picking that team to pieces scroll back up to young Aidens three teams in a row use one of them for rookies and rucks and put your own premiuns in.
      see not every one hates poms :-) good luck to you ….

popster62

March 19, 2012 at 8:33 pm

any thoughts on my team?
    DEF: Goddard, Shaw, Deledio, Broughton, Heppel, P Davis, S Darley. INTER Forster, Morris

MID: Boyd Ablett, S.Thompson, M Barlow, Wingard, Clifton. INTER Magna Yeo or horsley

RUCK: McIntosh, Giles INTER O Rowe, S Stephenson

FWD: Chapman, Franklin, Rioli, Fyfe, Sidebottom, Smedts, Dell’olio INTER hampton and kerston

$144,300 left over

I might get lachie neale if he is fit

Sam

March 24, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Coniglio or Shiel for tonight?