My Team

My Team 2012: Version 2.0

Now that the official planner is out – Assistant Coach Team Picker – we can start really planning our teams. The official prices and positions are all there for those who subscribed to the Assistant Coach in 2011. Post up your 2012 squads in the comments and chat about your teams here.

Unfortunately you can’t purchase the Assistant Coach now… so take this as a hint for next year – SUBSCRIBE TO IT EARLY! Don’t forget you also get exclusive content from us, but most importantly the analyser and other bells and whistles that are well worth the $20 outlay.

Post your team in the comments [hit print my team and copy and paste the contents including your remaining salary cap] and let it loose for the wolves to ravage it! Comment on other peoples teams, offer advice, etc.

Dream Team will open on February 1. Until then, get planning and talking about it at your #1 AFL Dream Team website, dreamteamtalk.com.

1,660 Comments

1,660 Comments

Mitch

January 17, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Just tinkering with structure again and came up with. Possible idea for midfield. If I am completely wrong please let me know. So here we go! Start 5 premo mids on the field (eg. Swan ablett rock reddo and Barlow) and maybe no midpricers in def or fwd. Then with the remaining three midfield spots pick three DPP players (eg. Treloar Zorko docherty) then midway through the season DPP trade the cash cows from the mid to their eligible positions an upgrade to guns (eg. Johnson beams Scotland). Then have your new mid rookies (kerridge brown etc.) then upgrade them to your 6th mid.
    Just a thought hope this helps
    Advice would be great
    Cheers

Big Feller

January 17, 2012 at 4:20 pm

That’s the way I’m thinking of going!
      Premo Mids will score more but I’ve made my rooks DPPs with the Fwd and Back line.
      Current Midfield is:
      Swan, GAJ, Thompson, NDS, Barlow, Horsley (Trealor, L Brown)

Johnny FTW!

January 17, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Here is my fourth draft at my team:

TEAM NAME: JOHNNY FTW!

DEF: B. Goddard, C. Enright, B. Deledio, G. Birchall, B. Lake, M. Clarke, S. Docherty (S. Morris, B. Wilkes)
    MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, S. Mitchell, S. Coniglio, D. Zorko, J. McDonald (D. Shiel, K. Stevens)
    RUC: M. Leuenberger, S. Mumford (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
    FWD: L. Franklin, A. Goodes, T. Cloke, D. Martin, J. Brown, J. Lisle, A. Trealor (B. Smedts, J. Cameron)
    CASH LEFT: $31,100

Sully23

January 17, 2012 at 6:44 pm

I like it, you’ll end up with the best rookies this way imo

Henry

January 17, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Another change to my team. I’m going to stick with the three rookie backs on the field. All are good rookie picks IMO and there aren’t many more premiums i like (taking into account the byes)

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Birchall, Ellis, Spurr, Mohr
    Wilkes, L Brown

Mids: Ablett, Rockliff, J Selwood, Barlow, J McDonald, Shiel
    Mitchell, Shiel

Rucks: Leuenberger, McEvoy
    Giles, Stephenson

Forwards: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Zaharakis, Sidebottom, Smedts, Zorko
    Zorko, Rowe.

Comments appreciated guys :-)

Henry

January 17, 2012 at 3:36 pm

The first Zorko should be Treloar :-)

Henry

January 17, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Cash left: $84,300

Henry

January 17, 2012 at 3:38 pm

And the first Shiel should be Horsely :|

esuba77

January 17, 2012 at 4:28 pm

dont think fyfe has had much of preseason

Brappinalong

January 17, 2012 at 4:08 pm

SELWOOD!!! great pick IMO, I can see him averaging 120

crazymofo

January 17, 2012 at 4:36 pm

TEAM NAME: Suck U
    DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, B. Waters, J. Grimes, B. Lake, M. Buntine, B. Smedts ( S. Morris, B. Wilkes)
    MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, A. Morabito, S. THompson, J. Watson, M. Barlow (D. Pfieffer, K. Stevens)
    RUC: M. Leuenberger, P. Ryder (J. Giles, M. Daw)
    FWD: M. Robinson, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, N. Reiwoldt, J. Porplyzia, B. Dick, A. Saad (D. Zorko, S. Kerridge)
    CASH LEFT $400

This is todays team it looks pretty good I think, B. Dick is only in there if he gets the small FWD position, he is competing with Papertalk, Newman, Strijk and Hams for that spot. I thought Strijk and Hams were pretty good last year when the eventually got a chance.

juddy69

January 17, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Competing for my last back spot are:

MATTHEW BUNTINE
    Pros – Apparently going to be a star… rebounding defender = dt slut
    Cons – Plays for GWS… I’ve already locked Mohr (2 Giants in DEF is abit iffy)

MARTY CLARKE
    Pros – Experienced… Bucks loves him
    Cons – Been out of the game for a while (could be rusty)

STEVEN MORRIS
    Pros – Mature-age… Will get games
    Cons – After all the hype realised he only averaged 65 in VFL… already have Lids and Ellis

At this stage I am leaning towards Clarke, but I would love to hear opinions please

GreenStreet

January 17, 2012 at 8:46 pm

marty clarke definately hes winning all his time trials and should take leon davis’ spot in the side. you cant have ellis, morris and deledio so clarke is definately the way to go

juddy69

January 17, 2012 at 11:48 pm

cheers grant ;)

Gus

January 17, 2012 at 8:17 pm

TEAM NAME: Player! Hold me down.

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, H. Shaw, J. Grimes, B. Ellis, T. Mohr (L. Spurr, B. Smedts)
    MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, D. Martin, M. Barlow, S. Coniglio, D. Tyson (T. Greene, T. Mitchell)
    RUC: A. Sandilands, H. McIntosh (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
    FWD: L. Franklin, T. Cloke, M. Robinson, D. Zaharakis, A. Christensen, D. Smith, J. Cameron (D. Zorko, A. Treloar)
    CASH LEFT: $23,000

Kevin

January 17, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Was just looking at all the great midfield rookies there are to choose from. Sheils Mitchell Stevenson McDonald Horsley Miles Dyson, then you have Zorko and L Brown you try to get in for the DDP! What to do??? Firstly think I’m not going to worry about putting Zorko or L Brown in the midfield. Round 11 is a long way off. I want to make sure I have the best rookies available to make as much cash as possible. I’d rather have Zorko in my forward line then a guy who is going to give me 50 or 60 points and may not have as good job security.
    The other question I raise is whether it is worth running only 3 premiums in the midfield and 5 rookies. This way you can use the cash else where knowing that you have the midfield rookies really generating cash for you! I notice Johnny FTW has this structure and I think it has merit. Anyway I’d be interested in your opinions.

Sully23

January 17, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Tempted to do that myself however I wonder if not having that 4th premium midfielder will hurt scores too much. Depends how you use that money I guess.

Hawker

January 17, 2012 at 10:33 pm

I guess its not to hard to work out. lets say a premo gets you ave 110 points and a good rookie gets you conservatively 70 points thats a difference of 40 points. You would save at least 400K. Depending who you have you could turn lets say Grimes into Birchall and Lake into Scotland. On last years averages you are in front. But i would think Grimes and Lakes will probably score better than last year. So i guess it really does depend where you use that money.
        The bonus with the extra rookie is that in a few weeks time you could turn him over and make 150K.
        Mmmm what to do????

Sundry

January 17, 2012 at 8:39 pm

TEAM NAME: Gunner Gumbies
    DEF: B. Goddard, C. Enright, B. Deledio, M. Suckling, R. Conca, T. Mohr, L. Spurr (B. Smedts, B. Wilkes)
    MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, S. Thompson, M. Barlow, S. Coniglio, D. Shiel (S. Docherty, D. Zorko)
    RUC: A. Sandilands, M. Leuenberger (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
    FWD: N. Fyfe, M. Robinson, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, J. Porplyzia, D. Pfeiffer, A. Saad (J. Cameron, A. Treloar)
    CASH LEFT: $15,400

Advice please :) trying to get the right rookie blend for byes, DPP etc. for the squad.

Michael

January 17, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Has anyone else gone with one premium and three rookies as their rucks? At the moment I’ve got Sandilands – Giles – Stephensen – Rowe. The extra cash has really strengthened my team, but I’m a bit worried that my rucks are too weak. What does everyone think?

Mitch

January 17, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Risk reward strategy mate. Every time I think of using Giles or HMac as ruck 2 I think of the phrase “rucks should be set and forget” if you have the balls go for it.

Hawker

January 17, 2012 at 10:42 pm

I had Zac Smith as my second ruck for the first half of the year then upgraded him. It worked well for me because he was scoring well. If there is going to be a 25 point difference between a premo ruck and a rookie. Id take the money and use it somewhere else, then upgrade later. I should say im going to use Mc Intosh as second ruck. ( Well I’ll see how he goes NAB Cup first!)

Thomas

January 18, 2012 at 12:46 am

TEAM NAME: tomosyeartoshine
    DEF: B. Goddard, C. Enright, B. Deledio, G. Birchall, G. Broughton, M. Buntine, M. Clarke (L. Spurr, B. Wilkes)
    MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Sidebottom, L. Hayes, T. Rockliff, S. Coniglio, T. Mitchell, (D. Sheil, K. Stevens)
    RUC: M. Leuenberger, H. McIntosh (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
    FWD: L. Franklin, M. Robinson, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, A. Didak, A. Saad, T. Walsh (D. Zorko, S. Rowe)
    CASH LEFT: $46,300

thoughts??

Dezza

January 18, 2012 at 2:49 am

For the same price who would be the better point scoring option?

Liam Shiels?

Chris Judd

Dayne Beams

or Paul Chapman

Shiels had some high scoring games last year but also 10 games 90 or below. Is that to do with a tag or anything?

Ethan Prince

January 25, 2012 at 10:50 am

I would go either Shiels or Judd

Reprobates

January 26, 2012 at 11:45 am

Chapman

josh

January 23, 2012 at 5:20 pm

DEF: B. Goddard, J. Adcock, D. Heppell, J. Grimes, P. Duffield, B. Waters, B. Lake (A. Forster, S. Morris)

im having a hard time trying to figure out who to get in for Duffy and Forster need help! ive got exactly no money left to upgrade!!!! i need desparate help

Ethan Prince

January 30, 2012 at 10:30 am

take out duffy for m.clarke and forster for docherty

josh

January 23, 2012 at 11:56 pm

Mine #1 Josh’s Juggernauts
    DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, J. Adcock, D. Heppell, B. Lake, P. Davis (T. Mohr, S. Morris)
    MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, M. Murphy, M. Barlow, M. Clarke, T. Mitchell (D. Shiel, D. Zorko)
    RUC: A. Sandilands, M. Leuenberger (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
    FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, M. Robinson, S. Sidebottom, J. Brown, J. Winderlich, J. Porplyzia (T. Walsh, J. Cameron)
    CASH LEFT: $251,400

if salary allows it i will trade
    Winderlich for C.Wingard
    Robinson for C.Pederson, (to be individual)
    Brown for D.Martin
    Barlow for S.Thompson,
    Mitchell for anyone of these blokes
    J. Trengrove or N. Dal Santo or D. Mundy or R. Sloane or P.Dangerfield or R. Palmer or L. Dahlhaus or C. Ward or T. Mzungu (what ever one i can afford with the left over dough)

Robdog88

January 26, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Very Very good team, too bad your around 700k over the salary cap though….

esuba77

January 26, 2012 at 10:58 am

team changed
    TEAM NAME: power2win
    DEF: B. Goddard, B. Lake, R. Hargrave, D. Connors, M. Buntine, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (W. Andreoli, B. Wilkes)
    MID: D. Swan, M. Boyd, G. Ablett jnr, L. Montagna, M. Barlow, A. Morabito (J. McDonald, T. Mitchell)
    RUC: D. Cox, A. Sandilands (J. Giles, T. Derickx)
    FWD: P. Chapman, D. Martin, J. Lewis, M. LeCras, A. Didak, J. Winderlich, B. Smedts (D. Zorko, T. Elton)
    CASH LEFT: $12,100

dont rate backs so spent little cash there

JollyDickKrakouerWood

January 26, 2012 at 11:44 am

TEAM NAME: Gutted Ewoks
    DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, B.Waters, J. Grimes, S. Docherty, M.Buntine (L. Spurr, T.Mohr)
    MID: D.Swan, G. Ablett jnr, J.Selwood, S.Thompson, M. Barlow, K.Horsely (D.Shiels, K.Stevens)
    RUC: A. Sandilands, J.Giles (O. Stephenson, T.Derickx)
    FWD: L. Franklin, A.Goodes, D.Martin, J. Brown, J.Winderlich, D.Pfeiffer, A.Saad (D.Zorko,B.Smedts)
    CASH LEFT: $23,000
    Thoughts?
    Cheers!

Adam

January 26, 2012 at 12:35 pm

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, J. Adcock, G. Broughton, D. Heppell, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (T. Mohr, S. Morris)
    MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, M. Barlow, D. Shiel, D. Zorko (J. McDonald, T. Mitchell)
    RUC: S. Mumford, S. Jacobs (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
    FWD: L. Franklin, M. Robinson, S. Sidebottom, A. Christensen, J. Brown, J. Cameron, B. Smedts (A. Treloar, T. Walsh)
    CASH LEFT: $9,800

what are everyones thoughts??

james_10

January 28, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Are people leaning more towards:

4 premo defenders and 4 premo mids

or 3 premo defenders and 5 premo mids

I currently have the latter but think ill go back to 4 and 4

Callan

February 4, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Im back with a better team then last time:

Team Name: ..Darth..

Back: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Birchall, Morris, Ellis, Morh (Wilkes, Spurr)

MidField: Swan, Ablett, PendleBury, Priddis, Barlow, Mitchell (Shiel, Kerridge)

Ruck: Cox, Hmac ( Giles, Big “O”)

Forward: Fyfe, Martin, SideBottom, Christensen, Zorko, Treloar, Rowe ( Walsh, Smedts)

Please comment and and make suggestions

Callan

February 4, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Wow, swear i didnt post twice…

Callan

February 4, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Finally my team just clicked:

Team Name: ..Darth..

Back: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Birchall, Ellis, Morh, Morris (Wilkes, Spurr)

Midfield: Pendles,Swanny, Ablett, Priddis, Barlow, Mitchell, ( Shiel, Kerridge )

Ruck: Cox, Hmac (Giles, Big “O”)

Forward: Fyfe, Martin, Sidebottom, Christensen, Treloar, Zorko , Rowe (Smedts, Wlash)

Please Comment and give honest opinions….<3

mitchell cribb

March 1, 2012 at 11:36 pm

hey guys

team name : fremantle dockers

backs: goddard.delidio, sukling, adcock, smedts, ellis, clarke
    res: wilkes, brown

mids: swan boyd, ablett, thomas, hayes, magner
    res: shiel, kerridge

rucks; sanidlands, giles
    res: stephenson, derickx

forwards : franklin fyfe, martin, sidebottom, rioli, saad, hall
    res: walsh, rowe