DT TALK

DT TALK Live: Round 24 (Grand Final Edition)

The AFL Dream Team Grand Final is ahead of us, but even though Calvin and Warnie have nothing to play for, we give it our all. Roy is our long Grand Finalist in our big mates league and he is certainly up and about despite the carnage from the Hawks and the resting of his latest inclusion in Grant Birchall. Check it out!

Co-captain of DT Talk since inception in 2007. Finally had a good season with an overall ranking of 137th for 2018... next goal is to replace the dirty old trucker hat with an AFL Fantasy one! Follow on Twitter: @WarnieDT

1. feathertopDT

feathertopDT

September 1, 2011 at 7:32 pm

Lol Warnie vested

insider out

September 1, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Just a quick note to thank the boys for all their hard work this season. I understand at times it must get a little tedious for them but the efforts are truely appreciated. It was great to see you guys have some what of a break out year with extra publicity and the exposure through the assistant coach – well deserved (just hope you are making some coin from this)

Cheers!!

Warnie

September 5, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Cheers. We are getting a little bit of beers money these days… so that helps! Haha. Been 5 years of hard work to get here.

44chappo

September 1, 2011 at 9:53 pm

great work this season boys. I have to agree with you on lower. You play him for his shit score then as soon as you dump him he puts in a decent effort similar to that of puopolos on the weekend. Worse when players like these out score ‘premiums’. We can only hope for career ending injuries to players like these.

Do you guys know when the prices will be announced for 2012, might get in early to give myself a good crack at top 1000 this year (fell shy at 1400 odd with 1 round left and depleted team)

Warnie

September 5, 2011 at 3:57 pm

We’ll get prices mid-December.

wallcob

September 2, 2011 at 12:38 am

legends! cheers for the great work all year lads. i’m already planning for 2012. yeah boy!

Nix

September 2, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Great show guys as always, and thanks for the mention.

One point to think about for next year.

I usually don’t watch the live show at 6pm as I am doing my own team stuff then, but then I watch the replay usually after 9:30pm.
    Last night I had multiple tabs open – your home page, plus the teams page, plus a few stats pages while I reviewed how much impact there was to my team v my opposition.

I was a surprised a couple of hours later when I had downloaded nearly 300MB. Pretty sure most of this was coming from the Livestream automatically loading and running in the background including the chat – even though I wasn’t watching it and did not even click on the link to start it. I think it was just perpetually updating its buffering so it would start quickly if I suddenly decided I wanted join and perhaps it continued to run even after the livecast had finished. All due to the fact that I had the home page open in a tab.

Some Suggestions:
    – do it on a separate page that you have to link to,
    – put a warning when you load the livecast to the homepage that people should close the homepage if they want to watch the replay later.

Anyway thanks again for all your work … enjoy the off-season.

Warnie

September 5, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Hey Nix.

Sorry – just getting back through some comments here.

Not sure what we can do about the Ustream thing. It is the best thing for us to use (backend) to get it all live and stuff. Ads suck, the pre-loading stuff sucks… but the alternatives aren’t good. We do try to only have it up for about 15 mins either side of the show happening. But yeah, a warning about bandwidth would be wise on our end. Who knows, next year it might cost $60 a month to watch us and other fantastic Fox entertainment?! ;)

Thanks for the input!