DT TALK

tbetta’s Bullets: Round 3

Round 3 is over and it’s been a lean week for everyone! This week I take a look at the players in the Naughty Corner, price changes, the tough choices you made this weekend, a certain PhD and, as always, the Duds and Studs of DT!

• Slim Pickings

What a lean week in Dream Team! While we’ve all become accustomed to surpassing the 2k milestone, Round 3 had other ideas. 2100 was the new 2300, and the weekly top-scorer only got 2288, which is achievable most weeks. Captain Swan scoring 50-odd less than last week didn’t help, but it was a poor week right across the board. Many teams didn’t clock a ton in their entire backline this week, with Adcock and Shaw amongst the few who did.

The good news? If you had a bad week, so did everyone else.

• Naughty Corner

There are a few players I want to banish to Santa’s naughty list this week. Firstly and most obviously is Campbell Brown. While I’m a huge advocate of hard and tough footy, there’s a right way and a wrong way to do it. Smashing blokes behind play, no matter how bad their haircut, is a pretty good example of the wrong way. Just ask Scarlett. The 14,929 coaches who selected Brown will not be happy with the few weeks he’ll be spending playing solitaire instead of footy. And DT aside, it must be disappointing for Bluey and the GC recruiting staff who are relying on him at the struggling Suns.

The most deserving player in the naughty corner for Round 3 is Jack Riewoldt. Over the last two weeks he has registered scores of 0 and 48, which is disappointing, but not nearly as much as his attitude. When he was subbed off with a concussion last week he spat the dummy, pointing fingers and screaming at the coaching staff until he stormed off down the race. This week, he was easily antagonised by Hawthorn opponents, displayed body language that matched it with Fevola and Richardson at their worst, and publically shot down his teammates. Basically this guy is a becoming a massive wanker, and needs a head deflation before he destroys his public image permanently. In fantasy though, his low scores are good for those who don’t own him, as he will be cheap as chips in time for a forward line upgrade.

Brendon Goddard also gets a mention for mine. While his junk-time inflated score of 92 wasn’t terrible, especially given other defenders’ scores, it was the way he went about his footy that’s a concern. He constantly went for the man instead of the ball and payed for free-kicks. With Hayes out, he should be stepping it up and taking it to another level, not digressing back to his prehistoric man days.

• The Price is Right

The first price changes are in, and aren’t they juicy?! Curnow up 77k, Libba 66k and Tapscott 49k as the biggest movers of the week. Other rookies such as Heppell, Darling, Duigan, Savage, Lower and Bewick all shot up a price-fattening 40k or more. Of the old hats, Cox inflated $41,000, Adcock $30,600 and Gibbs $25,000 in what are great starts to the year for all three players, each averaging career-highs.

But where there are winners there must be losers. Goddard deflated $32,900, Didak $26,600, Connors $52,700 and Broughton $28,900 in disappointing starts to the year, while under-priced uniques such as Foley (-$8,900), Palmer (-13,300) and Everitt (-5,100) failed to increase on their starting quotas. It’s not all bad news though, as you should be able to pick up the underperforming premiums you don’t already have, such as Broughton, Montagna, J.Riewoldt, Franklin, Simpson, Didak, Deledio and Gilbert, once their prices bottom out.

• Red Pill or Blue Pill?

With the pending price-changes pre-Round 3, many coaches had some tough decisions to make. Which cash cow to acquire, whether to trade out a dud or not, who to upgrade to… Let’s see if some of the popular choices paid off.

Broughton > Enright

Many were sour about Broughton’s lean start to the year, and some were enraged enough to trade to Enright before his price rose after a huge start to the year.

Decision: Fail. While Enright outscored Broughton, you just wasted a trade for 6 points and a $1,200 price-rise.

Curnow v Liberatore

These two were always going to be the best early-season cash-cows, and some could only acquire one.

Decision: Curnow, by a long shot. With 100 in Round 3, his JS just went through the roof, his price increase was the greatest and he has no bye until Round 8.

Everitt Out/Benched

His first two rounds were underwhelming to say the least, and was facing a massive price cut.

Decision: Depends. If you traded him out, it’s line-ball. He topped the ton this week, but that was an anomaly – in the long run, it was a good call. If you benched him – Fail.

Dawes in

He dominated in Rounds 1 & 2, averaging 115.5. But that was against Port and the Roos in routs, so picking him up based on that was always going to be risky.

Decision: Pass. After a slow start he managed to squeeze out 99 against a quality outfit in Carlton. His $40,300 price-rise doesn’t hurt either.

Jolly > Cox

With Jolly flat for the first two, and Cox killing it, it was a pretty easy decision for most coaches.

Decision: Pass. Great success – Not only did Cox outscore Jolly 127 to 75, his price exploded while Jolly’s plummeted 22k.

Montagna > Mitchell

Who am I kidding? This was not a popular trade, and for good reason! The thought process behind this one was shaky, but basically the idea was to trade out Montagna while he was struggling and before his price drop with a view to trade him back in later, meanwhile acquiring Mitchell who was on a roll.

Decision: Massive Fail. Montagna scored 99 while Mitchell sat out this week for family reasons! Shit idea from the start.

• PhDouchebag

For those who missed it, Dr Dreamteam, PhD AFL, made a massive mistake this round, playing Petrie on the field while having C-Rich as an emergency! Absolute rookie error, I don’t know how that could possibly happen when you are paid to look at your DT all day and hand out sketchy advice. But what just caught my attention is how he still has the nerve the make excuses then claim that a satisfactory reality check is to realise that “even with a player missing, my score was still higher than half of our champions league. I’ll take that.”!

Speaking of the All-Stars League (not champions league, you rookie), it’s time I talked myself up while I still can! I played the undeafeated FantasyFreako this week, winning comfortably 2056 to 1886. This leaves me in 2nd position on the ladder and 3rd in overall. I even outscored destROY, who’s ranked in the top 1000, for the 2nd week in a row. I’m coming for you Roy…

• Makers and Breakers

MAKERS

1. S. Thompson 154

2. J. Bolton 124

3. Watson 134

4. J. Selwood 129

5. Adcock 123

Some big scores this week – just a shame not many had them! Thompson sits at the top of the list with 154 DT points, 40 touches and 9 tackles, and was easily Adelaide’s best player. Bolton comes in at 2 on the back of notching up an AFL-record 19 tackles in the game-long scrum that was the Eagles-Swan match. This is after his back-to-back 3 goal bags in the first two rounds! Watson showed why he is a legitimate gun of the competition with 3 goals and 33 possessions against a very competent opponent in Goddard. Selwood scored 129 in his comeback game in the mauling of the Power, proving that he is one of the toughest players in the league. Adcock rounds out the top 5, mostly because he is rewarding those who picked him and haunting those who didn’t.

BREAKERS

1. Broughton 56

2. Carrazzo 37

3. Deledio 51

4. Enright 62

5. Swan 116

Broughton has copped a beating in this article and will continue to – are these scores what we should come to expect? Carrazzo, where do I start? 37 points. Tagging Shaw, who ended up best on. And 6 FA?! Trade. I’m starting to get a bit queasy riding the Deledio rollercoaster, but 51 is a low point so far. Enright was a popular upgrade this week and only reached 62. He wasn’t helped by Port being so uncompetitive, but it remains that he doesn’t score well in games of low importance. Completing the 5 is Swan, who we have come to expect more from – only 116?

That’s all from me this week. Remember, it’s a multi-bye round, so don’t be an amateur like Dr DT and leave any Lions, Doggies or Saints on your field this week. League matches are suspended until Round 7, so don’t panic and trade big over the next couple of weeks. Also, remember that the Crows, Suns and Roos third games are this week, so if you need to beat the price changes for them, this is the week to do it!

Follow @tbetta9 on Twitter

1. Shane_o_85

April 11, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Watching Curnow on the weekend makes me think he is going to be one of the rookie jets of 2011. I traded differently last week and didn’t aquire him. Im thinking of going Krakouer > Curnow. What do you guys think?

My other mid rookies are Heppel, Harris, Prestia, and Bewick and im pretty happy with them. Sick of Krakouer’s subbing, deep forward-type role.

• whykickamoocow

April 11, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Read comment left Below Shano_O :)

2. Kingo

April 11, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Is it to late to get on Curnow?

• whykickamoocow

April 11, 2011 at 8:12 pm

No of course not, if you can afford to get him in, then jump straight on him! He will only keep going up over the next few weeks in price, so even though your going to pay more this week then last for him($70k), he will be worth even more next week-end! He is a must for any serious DTer that’s for sure!! If he can rack up 100 against the mighty Pies, then this guy can rack up a ton against anyone ;)

And I even predict now, if he don’t get any major Injuries this year (Touch Wood), then he will be still in my team by the end of round 24 that I can Guarantee ;)

• Kingo

April 11, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Thanks is it worth trading Ward out for him, because thats my only option.

• SALTY

April 11, 2011 at 8:20 pm

he’ll make u more coin than ward and on current form average more

• whykickamoocow

April 11, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Everyone would have there own Opinion on that Trade from Ward to Curnow….

If that is your Only Option…. IMO I would personally Trade and here are the Reasons Why.

1. Curnow is on track to be the best Rookie this year and the Best Rookie Since the Mighty Barlow himself.
          2. Ward is on an Average of 82.67, which is very Respectable but Curnow is on 99.33.
          3. Curnow doesn’t have a Bye till Round 8 and Ward is on the Bye this week-end!!
          4. Not only your getting a Major gun, with this trade you’ll also be leaving a very handy $80,400 in the Bank ;)

Just my Opinion as I said, but I believe it would be a smart Trade…..

Best of luck mate :)

• Kingo

April 11, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Thanks for your thoughts, very logical

• Shane_o_85

April 11, 2011 at 8:25 pm

But is it wise to unload Krakouer? Maybe I should kart Harris instead, altough he hasn’t inceased yet, so a bit unproductive?

• Kingo

April 11, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Mate I think give Krakouer some time he is playing in a good side and should get some good outside footy, maybe Harris wouldn’t be a bad option I watched the game on the weekend and he was very average.

• whykickamoocow

April 11, 2011 at 8:42 pm

He just had a bad Week mate, if he is named this week I would expect him to get good points against the Tigers!!

• Shane_o_85

April 11, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Thats my dilema…I want Curnow but the other rooks aren’t too bad :/

• mtooler

April 11, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Ive made two trades, if you haen’t made any or 1/2 maybe do it. How much do you value the extra 20 points a round and Curnow playing this week with Ward missing?

I was in a similar situation, so last round it cost me two trades as I didnt have hibberd in my team down back.

I went Astbury to hibberd swap hibberd to Heppell (wanted him scoring every week in my backs not benching it in the mids) then traded Hibberd to Curnow.

So two trades cost me an increase in overall back points of 20 per week and an increase of 30-40 points a week in the mids. I want overall ranking as high as possible so waiting for cash cows to fatten I wasn’t keen on.

I copped heaps for making this trade, but I am confident in it in the long run. I also think Curnow will be my last mid all year.

• Shane_o_85

April 11, 2011 at 10:04 pm

thats what im thinking, that Curnow has keeper written all over him. Maybe Bewick can take a walk…

3. canucks

April 11, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Thinking of trading K Cornes. Do it? And to who?

• Kingo

April 11, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Hold him, he will come good, you will regret these sideways trades come Seasons end

• canucks

April 11, 2011 at 8:16 pm

but what if i go for Scott thompson (ADL) who will go up in price next week?

• Kingo

April 11, 2011 at 8:25 pm

I think that Scott Thompson would be a bad move, if he performs well, he will start to cop a tag. His consistences will annoy you too

BILLY

April 11, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Agree with Kingo, dont get hooked on players who have a big game before there 3rd game price changes such as Thommo.There is no doubting that if you had him in your side from the start the 154 he produced on the weekend would have been awesome considering the lackluster weekend, but through experience in having thommo last year i realised how much attention he gets from opposition players. True when given the opportunity to roam free like against freo he can definately rack up the numbers, but he will also give you some 70s and 80s throughout the course of the year. Just depends whether you are keen to ride that roller coaster.

• G-Bangers

April 11, 2011 at 8:18 pm

depends if you’re going for the car or only league wins …

if it’s only league wins then hold on to your trades come the back end the of season whereby injuries will no doubt come in to effect but if you’re going for the Toyota then a strategic sideways trade , only my opinion , is crucial because if you don’t then the likelyhood of of being left behind score wise increases dramitically …

logical food for thought :)

• Phil Ken Sebben

April 11, 2011 at 8:44 pm

Excellent trading strategy advice Gman!
          ANYBODY ABOUT TO ASK A TRADING QUESTION SHOULD FIRST CONSIDER THE ABOVE POST BEFORE ASKING THE QUESTION.
          If you specify what you’re trying to achieve everyone can give you much better advice :)

• SALTY

April 11, 2011 at 8:17 pm

If ur going for a league win id hold he’ll be a premium mid on ur field for the next 3 weeks. Personally tho i think he’s gone as far as consistently trotting out 100s anyway. Ur call tho if it was me id be movin him on after rd 6

4. glyonschesthair

April 11, 2011 at 8:38 pm

id get rid of any port midfielder cornes,boak they are going to struggle all year i made the bad desicion of getting boak and now i am paying for it as friday comes boak will be out and pendles will be in.

5. swazza

April 11, 2011 at 8:42 pm

trade broughton or not??

• Phil Ken Sebben

April 11, 2011 at 8:48 pm

League win NO (both his byes fall during multibye rounds -nice)
      Overall/or total points *maybe* IF you haven’t already burned up 4 trades!

• swazza

April 11, 2011 at 8:49 pm

ive done 1 trade so far. am starting to think he might crank out a massive one this week but then again not to sure

• Blue boys

April 11, 2011 at 10:37 pm

I have him and going to hold onto him.
      Reasons being he is still averaging almost 22 possession a game…….whats causing him to score poorly so far, is the fact he has not racked up marks & tackles as usual.
      Am expecting that to improve soon, especially with a few home games!!! (8 of his 10 100+ scores have come at Subi).
      He has also played against 2 sides he has struggled to score well against in the past.
      Expect him to be in top 10 scoring defenders by mid season.

6. rainman

April 11, 2011 at 8:44 pm

Hey Guys,

Happy with where i am and scored over 2000 for round 3 and sitting in top 4000…happy days.

Yet to use a trade and looking at offloading Warnock and Yarran. Started with 237k in the bank…so i could go:

Warnock – Sandi
    Yarran – Dawes or Fyfe (Need help here… heart says Fyfe..but that could just be coz i hate the Pies)

Or Hang onto Warnock and upgrade Yarran to Chapman? the bye worries me..

Thoughts?

• Shane_o_85

April 11, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Why offload Yarran now? He’s just had 2 great games, and this round should he score mid 70s – 80s his price will go up nicely, (because that 20 odd in round 1 will be removed from the cycle). I know Dawes is looking good ATM but he didn’t do much against the Blues, only got the ton because of late junk-time goals. Although Chappy does look the trick….

• Phil Ken Sebben

April 11, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Sandi and Chappy are both great immediate upgrade targets IF going for the league win.

Not so great if going for overall/total points. Trying to cover their byes thru the next few weeks will be a biatch! Maybe get em after their byes? Chappy will most likely be a bit cheaper then too!

7. Hilldogs

April 11, 2011 at 8:51 pm

My dilemma to swazza, anyone willing to comment on trading Broughton?
    My other Defenders are Deludio, Franklin,Grimes,Heppell, Duigan, Stanley, Goddard,Lower, Gibbs, Otten…
    150k in bank

• swazza

April 11, 2011 at 8:53 pm

i reckon im gonna give him 1 more week, if he fails again then trade to adcock and u make cash

8. Hilldogs

April 11, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Haha my bad, obviously no Franklin… mrs being a smart ass when I went to get a drink!

• TeeTee

April 11, 2011 at 9:17 pm

pwned!

9. swazza

April 11, 2011 at 9:03 pm

prestia or mckenzie for bewick

• toasted

April 11, 2011 at 9:49 pm

What is the go with Trent McKenzie? Any info?

10. Brappinalong

April 11, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Is anyone else like me wishing they kept more $$ in the bank to upgrade our juicey rooks come round 6-7 onwards?? I have 130K but I wish I kept double that- Curnow will be around 280k, Libba 250K e.t.c just have to throw 150-200K onto them to get an instant premo.

• rainman

April 11, 2011 at 9:29 pm

It is a tasty proposition isnt it….having watched the blues closely I think Curnow could be a keeper the boy can seriously play.

Def Libba or Tapscott upgrade on the cards though.

• SALTY

April 11, 2011 at 9:44 pm

libba to swan after first bye ( i know i know i should started with him ) if i can hang on to my coin! lol

• Brappinalong

April 11, 2011 at 9:46 pm

Where is “The Novice” he kept on banging on how Pendles would be so much better then Swan!! but hey the season has just begun….

• facilit8r

April 12, 2011 at 6:27 pm

yep 3 rounds in, carn Pendels beat that muppet Swan

11. andyjh

April 11, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Awaiting moderation??? c’mon boys, get your act together!

12. Daz23

April 11, 2011 at 9:40 pm

IDEAS PLEASE
    My Forward line is N Riewoldt, Franklin, Gia, Tapscott, Petrie, Darling, Watts – bench Matera, Krakouer, Richardson.

I have $368,000 in the kitty. Should I get rid of Watts? upgrade or downgrade?

• mtooler

April 11, 2011 at 9:46 pm

If your going overall you have too much cash sitting on bench. If league wins, hold fire.

• Daz23

April 11, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Going for the league win.

• mtooler

April 12, 2011 at 12:42 am

Resisting urge to sideways trade Goodes in for Monty or Volt, but I dont think Geelong will leak DT points to Goodes though.

BILLY

April 11, 2011 at 9:48 pm

Considering he went down in value and is only averaging 55 i recon you idea of making money from him hasnt planned out the way you imagined. With that much money in the bank and only franklin, gia and riewoldt as your forward premiums you can upgrade watts and still keep about 180k in the bank, i recon go for it

• andyjh

April 11, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Trade him to dawes. he looks set for a huge year

• Daz23

April 11, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Thanks, that’s what I was leaning towards

• Brappinalong

April 11, 2011 at 9:49 pm

I’d be upgrading Watts, hard to tell though without the rest of your team to see

13. andyjh

April 11, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Was any1 retarded enough to drop rockliff for pendlebery?

14. Warnie

Warnie

April 11, 2011 at 9:51 pm

We’ve had enough of the coach of the kings of leon. The arrogance is one (annoying) thing, but when you’re taking shots at a blokes kid, then goodbye.

We understand you are a massive troll, we just can’t try to run a website with wankers like you destroying everything on here.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

• buddy4pm

April 11, 2011 at 9:54 pm

Good call.

• G-Bangers

April 11, 2011 at 9:55 pm

please tell me you’ve blocked TKOL’s ip: address Warnie ?

Warnie

April 11, 2011 at 9:57 pm

not quite…

• andyjh

April 11, 2011 at 10:00 pm

if he gets back on here under another name, he’ll give himself up in 5 secs, while tryin to talk himself up lol!

• Shane_o_85

April 11, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Hear hear! Why do people think that just because this is the internet that they can say what they like? Easy to hide behind a laptop I guess. Now lets talk strategy!

• andyjh

April 11, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Wow! what a dick… Nice to c u layin down the law Warnie.

• Brappinalong

April 11, 2011 at 9:59 pm

I mentioned earlier today on here he was wearing thin on you Warnie, he didn’t seem to see the warning signs to zip it.

• pipedream

April 11, 2011 at 10:39 pm

ur just as bad brappin

• Brappinalong

April 12, 2011 at 6:00 am

I’m just as bad??? Your should lay off the meth pipe dreamer…

• SALTY

April 11, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Correct decision

• toasted

April 11, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Well done Warnie. While he occasionally made a positive comment, I think he distracted too many people on this site therefore devaluing the integrity of this great site.

• mini freo

April 11, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Well said.

• TeeTee

April 11, 2011 at 10:07 pm

TYVM

• DoA

April 11, 2011 at 10:52 pm

superstar move Warnie!!

• hirdys mancrush

April 12, 2011 at 8:16 am

Great call mate, sick of hearing from that toss

• Camoflage

April 12, 2011 at 9:41 am

thanks warnie, you guys dont need trolls on this site to be popular. it will be much better without them to be honest!

• podsidaisY

April 12, 2011 at 9:00 pm

hi all,

i’m disappointed TKOL has been banned. how can he be called a troll when he has a team, and in fact that team is doing really well?

hope warnie you can reconsider his banning, he is an asset to the site, one of the few beacons of hope amongst all the same stupid questions being asked over and over, by the real trolls.

Warnie

April 12, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Definition of troll:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

Some of these posts from people asking the same questions are annoying… but the kings of leon crossed the line. He might be back, but we’re not putting up with the same shit he was dishing up every fricken’ day!

• podsidaisY

April 12, 2011 at 9:13 pm

thanks for the reply warnie. i understand. maybe just a 24 hour banning would teach him that he crossed the line and that will help him to know where his boundaries lie.

from what i’ve seen he is a bit cheeky but the fact he has a team (and a good one at that) can hopefully allow him back on the site, as i would think that mostly a troll doesn’t have any skin in the game.. but TKOL does have skin in the game, and the knowledge to be a true mentor if he is allowed back.

Warnie

April 12, 2011 at 9:18 pm

But he has displayed NONE of that. Just a lot of trolling of people on here without any insight. He already thinks he is bigger than the game, he can sit out for a while.

I want him to create his own site or even just a twitter account. People can follow that. DT TALK isn’t for that. If he was doing what he was doing on a forum like Big Footy, he would have been booted a long time ago.

Like I have said, it might have been funny last year, for a couple of the comments… but when it is multiple comments per day, just to get a rise, we don’t need that. We invest a lot of hours and money into this site. We don’t need wankers like that around here.

15. horse

April 11, 2011 at 9:51 pm

i have 90k in the bank, is it worth spending 80 of it to go hibberd to curnow, which im thinking will give me more then 80k in the long run?

• Brappinalong

April 11, 2011 at 9:55 pm

I think everyone needs Curnow!!!

• andyjh

April 11, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Im goin conca > curnow this week. after rakin up a ton against collingwood he’s a LOCK!

• toasted

April 11, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Same. I think Conca has concked out for me.

• SALTY

April 11, 2011 at 10:01 pm

hey brappin, u come to a decision on stiffy johncock? ive been thinkin about it all day, and prolly all week. he’s killing me!!!!!!!!

• Brappinalong

April 11, 2011 at 10:05 pm

He is gone this week for sure!!! but for who I haven’t quite worked out yet….not many good backs to choose from.

• SALTY

April 11, 2011 at 10:09 pm

this is the problem im thinkin im gonna give him one more week and see. (if ur from sth oz u’ll understand the next comment ) reckon ill ring cornes and rowey this week and see what they reckon is going on lol seriously!

• Sully23

April 12, 2011 at 9:07 am

Get rid of him. He usually struggles with fitness at the start of the year after he bulks up in the off season. He’s a better mid year upgrade when he’s cheap and hits form

• Brappinalong

April 11, 2011 at 10:08 pm

I’m actually toying with the idea of trading him to B.Smith-hasn’t gone up in price yet (but will) and already copped 1 bye and gives me 250K along with the 130K in my bank to upgrade our cows with!!

• G-Bangers

April 11, 2011 at 10:03 pm

definitely trade for Curnow , even if Hibberd is fit this week i can’t see him getting in the Bombers starting line-up straight away knowing that he’s a hamstring injury , so you would have to think he’ll be playing in VFL for a weeks to get match fitness …

• SALTY

April 11, 2011 at 10:06 pm

sorry to hijack horse, yeah mate why not, unless u wanna keep ur dpp with heppell

16. horse

April 11, 2011 at 9:57 pm

orr bewick>curnow and just 27k?

• andyjh

April 11, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Im savin Bewick. Ithink him & Harris are gunna combine to bring in ablett in rnd 10!

• Shane_o_85

April 11, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Sounds good to me!

• westy1

April 11, 2011 at 11:15 pm

Horse, would definitely get rid of Hibberd rather than Bewick. Bewick still has a negative break-even, looks to have a regular spot in the line-up and will make you cash. Hibberd isn’t even guaranteed to get a game this season.

17. Serenity Now

April 11, 2011 at 10:10 pm

I am thinking of getting rid of Broughton this week like many. Consensus says either Adcock or Enright, but Adcock has a bye this week and Enright seems to struggle with a hard tag, plus he has a bye in the DT finals (I am going for League wins but want to get the max score possible also, a bit each way).

Looking at stats has me postulating that maybe Brady Rawlings could be a reasonable unique option. He is expensive but his output last year was surprisingly good (slightly better avg than Enright), he has seen out one bye, never misses a game and I only have one other Kangaroo (Richardson who won’t be around for ever). Anyone got any thoughts on Rawlings as a viable keeper option?

Others I considered are the blonde ball (sack) butcherer Gram (who also has a bye this week and I would most prob get Adcock before him), Suban (don’t know much about him) and Heater “head like a shoe” Shaw (already got 3 Pies).

• Blue boys

April 11, 2011 at 10:43 pm

Rawlings not really a great idea as a keeper with the round 21 bye………1st week of dt finals.

• geoff1968

April 11, 2011 at 11:12 pm

Sub an is playing well and gains you some $$$ I am thinking broughton to suban myself

• TeeTee

April 11, 2011 at 11:20 pm

Rawlings falls into the same category as Enright tho – Kangas have the bye in the first week of DT finals.

18. Samsa

April 11, 2011 at 10:16 pm

Is anyone watching “one week at a time”?
    If so did you notice how many times ablett said “And” and “UMM..” every second and third word was and or umm…
    I’m sure he would of said both those words litreally 50 times in less then 5minutes.

Anyway on another note, people have to take the weather over the weekend into consideration. Not many defenders like the wet which goes towards less marks. (My point of view)

• whykickamoocow

April 11, 2011 at 10:23 pm

lol yeah I seen that to, but we all know he does all his talkin on the field :)

19. swanlow36

April 11, 2011 at 10:30 pm

Have Broughton in my side. Thinking of getting Adcock or Suban then I’ll use the cash to get in Curnow before his price rises even further. Is this is good decision I made?

• andyjh

April 11, 2011 at 10:34 pm

i have broughton aswell, was going to enright till last weekends performance. The 2 guys im lookin at Gram & Adcock both have a bye. So i might sit on him for another week.

• Talk_Is_Cheap

April 12, 2011 at 12:38 am

Yeah am thinking of bringing in Curnow too. Just don’t know who to take out. Maybe Deledio, he’s just not looking too flash at the moment, his price is dropping and will continue to go down and Curnow will probably have more price rises in the weeks to come and is bringing in more pts.

20. Big Feller

April 11, 2011 at 10:33 pm

Major issues boys! After lobbing off the missus last night (after giving her the best 10 seconds of her life) my first thought was “how do I get Chappy into my forward line?”
    I’m thinking that DT is taking over my life too much!!!
    Also do I aim to get Dawes in early or go for the big one and target Chappy?

21. jb

April 11, 2011 at 11:17 pm

shit tbetta your articles are popular 300 comments in just over 11 hours lol

22. acmilan

April 11, 2011 at 11:24 pm

he guys u know the to chop or not to chop nathan foley article? im thinking these guys should make a to chop or not to chop greg broughton one? otherwise tell me what u guys think of broughton and if he should be traded out or not?

23. williams_01

April 11, 2011 at 11:27 pm

I need help :S…. At the start of the season i was only worrying about going for a leauge win but i am currently winning my leauge and also sitting 90th overall.

Should i just worry about my leauge or should i give overall a crack??

• jb

April 11, 2011 at 11:33 pm

is ur league for money ?

• williams_01

April 12, 2011 at 1:28 pm

yeah it is but not much

• colwich

April 11, 2011 at 11:58 pm

You’re 90th overall…surely it would be silly not to go for the overall win.

• mtooler

April 12, 2011 at 12:38 am

Nah give up overall mate ;-)

(Now to convine the other 97…)

Give it a crack, I really do think a strong overall team will hold up well in league games too.

24. jb

April 11, 2011 at 11:27 pm

everyone will be kicking themselves when broughton starts taking marks and laying tackles that is the only reason he is not scoring well atm.. just like every defender depends who they play weather they get marks or not.. ie some games enright gets 12 marks some games 2 just depends.. and johncock has been getting hard tags first 2 weeks good to ofload him though as if he cops another 1 his price will drop BIG TIME !! premiums just don’t just lose there abilities overnight.. i garantee you throughout the year every player will have form slumps get tagged it happens just have to hold tight..

• PurpleArmy

April 11, 2011 at 11:42 pm

Broughtons turned into a KPP in my opinion so far this year, his games not the same as it was last year, and when Mzungu finally comes back he will probably fill in that floating half back possie, Broughtons got a BE of 163 i think so he’ll def be going down but by how much :(

25. albertproudftw

April 12, 2011 at 12:00 am

getting jack redden after this rd may trade out pav… redden is a beast and seriously regretting leaving him out of my team

26. troyza

April 12, 2011 at 12:40 am

I took rockliffe over redden. I suggest not hopping on either this round though. (bye)

27. DoctorGonzo

April 12, 2011 at 1:48 am

What’s your opinion on bringing in Scott Thompson? Went with A. Swallow over him at the start, bit considering his 154, should I switch? Will Jacobs have any effect on his scoring when he comes into the line up?

• TeeTee

April 12, 2011 at 8:01 am

Not worth chasing last week’s points. IMHO, A Swallow will have a good year and get you to your finals and that’s when you can swap him out for an uber-premo cos of the Roos bye.

• michael7

April 12, 2011 at 4:34 pm

scott thompson is getting old an falls into the paul chapman catergory.

hes good and will score well, but injury is just about certain sometime through the yr.
        Not worth having scott thompson

• facilit8r

April 12, 2011 at 6:25 pm

What are you on about. You obviously don;’t know much. Scott Thompson is as durable as anybody in the AFL. Last six years has avg. 21 games a season. Last 4 yrs has avg. 98 DT points. A gun, plain and simple.

28. marcus_2011

April 12, 2011 at 1:53 am

hey guys,after some advice need to pick two out of tapscott,harris and krakour,leaning towards tapscott and harris,with krakour as the emergency,any advice appeciated

29. canucks

April 12, 2011 at 3:09 am

will K Cornes improve?? I know i asked this already but i am losing faith in the guy and the team.

30. hirdys mancrush

April 12, 2011 at 8:39 am

Tbetta – just wanna say that your articles rock mate!! Keep up the good work mate

31. Hawksman

April 12, 2011 at 10:48 am

Quick question who should i get for the spud cameron Bruce

• Birdy

April 12, 2011 at 1:06 pm

broughton will be nice and cheap soon

32. michael7

April 12, 2011 at 4:32 pm

hey fellow dreamteamers.
    My team, ” Ablett is the key” is going pre well this yr, scoring decent,
    but could someone please tell me who to trade gilber out for, he he absousetly ruining my team and im not certain who to get rid of him for. any ideas?

Got 37k in the bank

• michael7

April 12, 2011 at 4:33 pm

sam gilbert*

33. facilit8r

April 12, 2011 at 6:17 pm

Loving the Matrix reference tbetta.

Now what to do with Broughts ..