My Team 2018: Version 1.1

Chad, the man behind DT Live, has updated the Drawing Board for the 2018 season. Head over to the siteand select ‘Drawing Board’ from the drop down menu and you can start picking your AFL Fantasy Classic squads for the upcoming season.

Click here to use the Drawing Board.

Once you have picked your team, you can simply copy and paste your team to put in the comments below. Now that we have My Team cranking, discuss any players, team structure, etc in the comments. As always, keep it civil and if you’re advice, make sure you dish out some of your own (make sure it well thought out and not blatant trolling – we’re totally over that after 10+ years of DT Talk!).

Get keen for a massive season ahead.

The 100 most popular players selected in the Drawing Board for AFL Fantasy Classic. As at 5 January.

PlayerClubPositionFantasy
Price
Site
Projected
Avg
Ownership
Percentage
Nic NaitanuiWCERUC41700086.491.5
Max GawnMELBRUC60500099.386.9
Harley BennellFREFWD24900076.485.3
Paul AhernNMMID/FWD17000058.170.2
Rory LairdADEDEF708000101.769.6
Tom MitchellHAWMID897000124.765.6
Cam O'SheaCARLDEF23000065.264
Tom DoedeeADEDEF17000056.763.1
Darcy CameronSYDRUC17000049.762.6
Nathan FreemanSTKMID17000060.161.3
Allen ChristensenBLFWD33100077.459.5
Luke Davies-UniackeNMMID26400067.854.9
Isaac HeeneySYDMID/FWD65000097.954.6
Harrison WiggGCMID17000063.550.9
Timothy KellyGEEMID22400066.246.2
Daniel VenablesWCEFWD17000057.745.4
Joel SmithMELBDEF/MID17000057.844.5
Willie RioliWCEFWD17000053.143.6
Jaeger O'MearaHAWMID43800088.442.9
Cameron RaynerBLMID/FWD27000067.941
Jack HigginsRICHMID/FWD23800064.938.7
Jack BillingsSTKFWD66700099.238.7
Sam MurrayCOLLDEF17000055.437.8
Dayne BeamsBLMID737000111.937.7
Tom RockliffPAMID726000113.837.5
Jake LloydSYDDEF65000097.137.1
Elliot YeoWCEDEF693000100.536.6
Patrick DangerfieldGEEMID850000120.135.7
Nat FyfeFREMID687000107.234.6
Rory LobbGWSFWD46700084.734
Josh KellyGWSMID796000115.433.5
Patrick CrippsCARLMID693000107.231.4
Michael BarlowGCMID/FWD66800098.131.3
Timothy EnglishWBRUC/FWD18700051.630.9
Zach MerrettESSMID826000118.130.1
Billy FramptonPARUC/FWD17000047.528
Kade SimpsonCARLDEF689000100.627.6
Jack CrispCOLLDEF62200094.525
Andrew BrayshawFREMID26800069.525
Mitchell HibberdNMDEF23500063.524.4
David MirraHAWDEF17000056.224.2
Lachlan KeeffeGWSDEF/FWD17000053.523.7
Andrew McGrathESSDEF49700085.722.4
Devon SmithESSFWD57500090.822
Matt CrouchADEMID752000112.621.5
Oscar McInerneyBLRUC17000053.520.5
Mitch RobinsonBLMID/FWD58300092.220.2
Taylor AdamsCOLLMID809000115.617.1
Stephen ConiglioGWSMID675000105.517.1
Liam RyanWCEFWD22000061.216.5
Dustin MartinRICHMID801000115.516.2
James WorpelHAWMID1820006015.9
Hugh GoddardSTKDEF17000052.814.5
Paddy DowCARLMID26600066.414
Francis WatsonWCEDEF17000057.813.5
Grant BirchallHAWDEF48500082.613.4
Angus BrayshawMELBDEF/MID52800086.713.4
Michael HibberdMELBDEF65300095.713
Dom BarryPAMID17000058.512.4
Christian PetraccaMELBMID/FWD50100086.212.4
Kobe MutchESSMID17000057.512.3
Brendon Ah CheeWCEMID/FWD41300076.711.5
Dylan ClarkeESSMID/FWD17000056.411.5
Luke ParkerSYDMID694000107.711.2
Matthew FlynnGWSRUC/FWD17000046.510.9
Adam TreloarCOLLMID761000111.810.8
Alex WitherdenBLDEF60500092.610.8
Alex MorganNMDEF17000056.810.6
Brayden AinsworthWCEMID20800061.610.3
Callum MillsSYDDEF48900084.210.1
Will SetterfieldGWSMID/FWD26500066.89.9
Jeremy FinlaysonGWSDEF/MID17000054.89.5
Nicholas CoffieldSTKDEF/MID25600063.79.5
Lewis PierceSTKRUC17000045.79.2
Bailey RiceSTKDEF17000054.88.5
Luke DahlhausWBMID/FWD62400092.58.4
Ryan ClarkeNMDEF48400081.78.3
Sam MenegolaGEEMID/FWD720000102.48.3
Robbie GrayPAFWD57300092.58
James SicilyHAWDEF/FWD52400088.87.5
Dayne ZorkoBLMID806000116.37.5
Pearce HanleyGCDEF/MID50900087.67.4
Matthew KennedyCARLMID485000867.4
Aaron HallGCMID691000107.26.7
Zac WilliamsGWSDEF58400092.46.5
Mitch DuncanGEEMID794000113.26.5
Nick HolmanGCMID17000053.66.3
Mitchell KingMELBRUC17000043.46.2
Darcy ParishESSMID/FWD55200087.16.1
Bryce GibbsADEMID791000114.66.1
Aaron YoungGCFWD38800075.46
Myles PoholkeADEMID/FWD17000051.15.9
Ryan BurtonHAWDEF59500091.95.9
Isaac CummingGWSDEF17000056.75.7
Hamish BrayshawWCEMID170000545.7
Nathan WilsonFREDEF50000083.45.6
Dan HanneberySYDMID666000104.95.6
Alex JohnsonSYDDEF17000052.65.5
Luke McDonaldNMDEF/MID604000925.5
Michael HurleyESSDEF66400097.85.3

 



1,696 Comments

  • Menegola vs Billings . Who is better value and what are their averages??

  • Is it silly having Gibbs and Matt Crouch? Think Gibbs goes 115… Or Dusty over Gibbs?

    • Funny feeling they will use gibbs at half back, without smith, but pick em mate if u like em, not much difference between martin and gibbs both good players

  • Hey is there any love for McRae again this year after a promising year last year. Could go big again and has a good ceiling.

  • J.Lloyd, J.Sicily, A.McGrath, N.Coffield, L.O’Brien, D.Mirra (S.Murray, T.Doedee)

    T.Mitchell, B.Gibbs, D.Beams, T.Rockliff, N.Fyfe, J.Redden, P.Dow, L.Davies-Uniacke (J.Worpel, M.Crowden)

    S.Jacobs, M.Gawn (M.King, D.Cameron)

    M.Barlow, I.Heeney, M.Walters, A.Christensen, J.Higgins, L.Keeffe (P.Ahern, D.Venables)

    Banking a fair bit on some breakouts (Sicily, McGrath) and for the top rookies to score well but I’m actually pretty confident Dow, LDU, O’Brien, Coffield, Higgins will score very well.

    It feels a bit weird not having any Collingwood players too….

    • If Sicily doesn’t play half back then he’s basically irrelevant. If that’s the case then you could trade him to the similar priced Johannisen or the cheaper Brayshaw, but that makes your backline quite weak. I’m not behind the McGrath midfield hype. I personally don’t think he’ll get as much mid time as some are thinking with Essendon having Heppell, Merrett, Zaharakis, Goddard, Parish, Myers, and the acquisitions of Devon Smith and Stringer. There’s been talks of Gibbs playing some half back in the absence of Brodie Smith so whether that hinders his scoring I don’t know. But we’ll wait and see on that one because I think Adelaide don’t need him to play that role I believe they have other talent for that role. Love seeing a different ruck combo, so great job there. I’d imagine Walters is going to have yo-yo scores and I honestly think Freo won’t use him in the middle hardly ever now with Fyfe fit, Neale, Mundy, Langdon, Blakely, and their draftees Brayshaw and Cerra. I’d put Keeffe on the bench for Venables, can’t see him averaging more than 45 at best.

      Yeah you are banking on some breakouts and rookie production, but dont we all. I definitely have players I think will breakout and rookies that I think will perform immediately.

      • Thanks man!
        Agree with Sicily, definitely banking on him having a Hodge role (Birchall might not be fit for r1 either)
        Yeah nah, I’m obviously on board the McGrath midfield hype; I think he will get preference/as much mid time as smith, parish, Myers, Goddard, stringer. No Jobe this year!
        Gibbs is no stranger to a half back role, I don’t see it hurting his scores.
        And yeah, expecting Walters to be full time mid now they’ve recruited matera and Ballantyne is fit!
        Cheers :)

  • Question to everyone, obviously we all want unique players does that make people consider not going NicNat who will make A LOT of cash but everyone has him… im Puzzled

    • I think people are overestimating how much he will be scoring. He will play with at least one of Vardy and Lycett and will avg 65-70 and will miss a game if his knee is even slightly sore.

      • He’ll go at 80+ even with Vardy or Lycett playing. Here’s something from Benny Macca who posted on our AFL Fantasy Pigsty Facebook group.

        In 2016 Nic Nat played 15 games and Lycett 21.

        Nic Nat averaged 84.5, Lycett 79.6, though that included an injured score of 8, goes up to 83.5 if you take that out.

        Nic Nat only played one game without Lycett, and scored 90. Lycett averaged 80 in his 7 games without Nic Nat

        So at least in that year they both played together a lot and scored well.

        • Yeah I am worried they will play all three though. Back in 2016 I’m guessing Nic Nat took say 80% of centre bounces and Lycett 20%? This year could be Nic Nat 60%, Lycett 30%, Vardy 10%. I think Calvin is pretty optimistic thinking he will be back up to 90 avg :)

        • The big question mark will be “if” or how many games Nic Nat wont play. West Coast have been saying on track or minor setback for the last 6 months but hasn’t resumed full training even with all this hype. And he never has consistently posted Dean Cox like numbers.

        • I think vardy is ahead of lycett now, lycett will only play if in the fwd line. Vardy is a good forward, I’d expect him to be back up to Nic Nat and sit mainly in the fwd line. Hopefully Nic Nat has learnt how to mark, if he rests fwd and can kick a goal a game easy 80-90avg.
          Lycett will probably get injured to, I think it’s in wce interest to trade him end of year.

        • Been playing around with the team a fair bit and think Iam pretty set with this team.
          What do you guys think?

          TEAM NAME: Meow. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
          Used: $12,583,000 (99.9%), Remaining: $17,000 (0.1%) On Ground: $11,223,000 (89.1%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.8%)
          Expected Total: 1930, Site Expected Total: 2087
          Def: R.Laird (100), J.Lloyd (95), J.Crisp (88.16), A.McGrath (70.30), S.Murray (24.10), F.Watson (24.10) (J.Smith (60), T.Doedee (60))
          Mid: T.Mitchell (120), P.Dangerfield (120), Z.Merrett (117), J.Kelly (112.69), T.Rockliff (120), J.Redden (83.35), A.Brayshaw (37.99), T.Kelly (70) (K.Mutch (24.10), N.Freeman (65))
          Ruc: M.Gawn (105), N.Naitanui (85) (D.Cameron (24.10), O.McInerney (24.10))
          Fwd: J.Billings (94.40), M.Robinson (95), A.Christensen (80), C.Rayner (70), J.Higgins (70), D.Venables (24.10) (W.Rioli (24.10), P.Ahern (24.10))

        • Nic Nats worth starting with but will need to be traded up before the byes (when he has maxed). He wont be top 5 rucks but presents great starting value. The other factor is WCs scoring ability overall – it will be down on last year with lesser mids. But if Nic Nat is sole Ruck who knows?

    • I didn’t want him because of that fact, but with the rucks this year there just isn’t really anything. Unless you want to spend over 600K on both of your ruck spots then you pretty have to pick Naitanui. If Goldstein/Grundy/Witts/Kruezer/Stef/Nankervis went down in a JLT game and were out for the year then that would open up an option of picking up Pruess, Mason Cox, Nicholls, Lobbe/Phillips, Archie Smith, Soldo/Hampson. Since that would be unlucky to happen you could be ballsy and select Dawson Simpson, Ceglar, Naismith, Vardy/Lycett but they’re not guaranteed to play every game and score that good whereas Naitanui will play (injury aside) and can average 80-90.

  • TEAM NAME: Trial run. (Real Dream Team 2018)
    Used: $12,421,400 (98.6%), Remaining: $178,600 (1.4%) On Ground: $11,101,000 (88.1%), On Bench: $1,320,400 (10.5%)
    Expected Total: 1723, Site Expected Total: 2072
    Def: R.Laird (100.41), M.Hibberd (92.55), J.Lloyd (92.19), R.Burton (84.39), L.O’Brien (28.58), D.Mirra (18.62) (T.Doedee (22.56), S.Murray (22.56))
    Mid: Z.Merrett (117.09), T.Adams (114.67), J.Kelly (112.89), D.Beams (104.57), T.Rockliff (103.00), B.Ah Chee (46.88), A.Brayshaw (34.37), L.Davies-Uniacke (32.92) (P.Dow (33.64), P.Ahern (22.56), J.Garlett (21.34))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (85.83), N.Naitanui (67.62) (T.English (24.50))
    Fwd: J.Billings (94.59), I.Heeney (92.16), R.Lobb (66.29), A.Christensen (46.95), C.Rayner (35.09), W.Setterfield (34.64) (D.Clarke (22.56), L.Ryan (21.34))

    Any criticism welcome, first attempt for this year

    • Love the name!

      Looks a very strong team. I’d definitely put Ah Chee on the ‘wait and see’ list. Watch him closely throughout JLT for what role he’s playing. If he’s in the forward line I’d kiss him goodbye, trade him down to a rookie or make a downgrade elsewhere and replace Ah Chee with a nice shiny premium.

      Also maybe need a bit more firepower in the forward line. I’d look at maybe toying around to try and trade up Setterfield or Christensen if you don’t like their JLT form.

      Hope this was even a little bit helpful.

  • How many trades do u get in real dream team

  • Been playing around with the team a fair bit and think Iam pretty set with this team.
    What do you guys think?

    TEAM NAME: Meow. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,583,000 (99.9%), Remaining: $17,000 (0.1%) On Ground: $11,223,000 (89.1%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 1930, Site Expected Total: 2087
    Def: R.Laird (100), J.Lloyd (95), J.Crisp (88.16), A.McGrath (70.30), S.Murray (24.10), F.Watson (24.10) (J.Smith (60), T.Doedee (60))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (120), P.Dangerfield (120), Z.Merrett (117), J.Kelly (112.69), T.Rockliff (120), J.Redden (83.35), A.Brayshaw (37.99), T.Kelly (70) (K.Mutch (24.10), N.Freeman (65))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (105), N.Naitanui (85) (D.Cameron (24.10), O.McInerney (24.10))
    Fwd: J.Billings (94.40), M.Robinson (95), A.Christensen (80), C.Rayner (70), J.Higgins (70), D.Venables (24.10) (W.Rioli (24.10), P.Ahern (24.10))

  • Haven’t tinkered with this for about a week, which is impressive for how much time I’ve spent on it. Thoughts on what I’ve made wouldn’t go astray!

    TEAM NAME: Beating the Meat. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,580,000 (99.8%), Remaining: $20,000 (0.2%) On Ground: $11,220,000 (89%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 1717, Site Expected Total: 2079
    Def: K.Simpson (97.52), J.Crisp (88.16), A.McGrath (70.30), A.Brayshaw (65.49), N.Coffield (36.29), D.Mirra (24.10) (T.Doedee (24.10), L.Keeffe (24.10))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (127.00), D.Zorko (114.10), S.Sidebottom (105.60), D.Beams (104.32), B.Crouch (102.91), M.Kennedy (68.75), L.Davies-Uniacke (37.42), T.Kelly (31.75) (K.Mutch (24.10), N.Freeman (24.10))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (85.75), N.Naitanui (59.11) (D.Cameron (24.10), O.McInerney (24.10))
    Fwd: M.Barlow (94.54), J.Billings (94.40), D.Parish (78.10), A.Christensen (46.92), J.Higgins (33.73), P.Ahern (24.10) (W.Rioli (24.10), D.Venables (24.10))

    • Your team is solid through out mate.you have some interesting picks. A few questions.
      Sidebottom do you see him increasing this year? Or maybe getting dpp again?
      What do you see Brayshaw averaging?
      Kennedy what do you see him averaging?
      Parish I think is a great pick, could be a breakout yet. What do you think he wil avg 85+?
      Having 4 potential breakout players could work out well, plus christenson, hopefully it works out well for you.

      Can’t fault it

      • happy to answer any queries thrown at me!:)

        I’ve chosen Sidebottom for multiple reasons
        1. Past few seasons I haven’t started with him but somehow he always finds his way into my side because he’c ultra consistent where he had 16/22 games last year over 100+, although he may not have high ceiling at 139, he usually avoids the tag, which I think he will do again.
        2. He is always unique which I love, which have made me have a man crush on him and this is the first year I’m going to back my guts and start with him.
        Additionally, he’s only 27 meaning next few years we may see his peak performance. I reckon his averaging go to go 110 this year with his past 4 years being 108, 102, 103, 106. It doesn’t worry me if he doesn’t get DPP as you may not find many players this year so can go week in week out almost providing you a for sure 100.

        I see Brayshaw averaging around 85. Last year he only played 5 games since he got injured in round 2, if you take out his injured score he averaged 85.25, so I see him holding that average as well as 3 of those 4 games were the last 3 for his season.

        Kennedy for me I see being similar to O’Meara but more consistent and less headaches. I think Kennedy can average around low to mid 90’s with slotting straight into their midfield lineup with Gibbs and Doc gone. O’Meara may have higher ceilings but I don’t want to risk it as he didn’t look amazing last year with only 1 game above 100. Kennedy scored okay and racked up some possessions not even playing midfield last year a whole lot, with added
        midfield time, only see him improving.

        I see Parish breaking out this year being his 3rd year breakout, and I understand McGrath is moving into the midfield and maybe Stringer but i think there is more spots up for grabs as both Jobe and Stanton retired last year and an injury here or there will see him be running riot through there. I see him averaging 85-90 this year with his breakout coming this year.

        Thanks for the questions, if there’s anything else, feel free

        • Love your reasoning for Sidebottom mate, back yourself in. Everyone talks about ceiling, and whilst that’s important, it’s also great to have a bloke you know will get you that consistent 100-110 every week. There’s some premos that’ll give you a 140 and then 70 the next week, it’s nice to just have a guy you can rely on to give you a 100-110 score. I’m starting 2 big guns (Titch and Kelly) but also getting in a consistent guy, Treloar, to give me that consistent 100 every week

        • Stanton didn’t play back half of the season, plus more mid time for D Smith

    • Solid all round side. Love the B.Crouch pick,looks he’ll be super unique, under 5% I’d say. What do you see him averaging? I’ve currently gone him over Beams

      • Should go 110 hopefully

      • I see B. Crouch averaging 110 this year. I don’t think Gibbs will effect him that much this year except going lower down the pecking order for a tag. He’s always been the better of the brothers but have not been able to show it as he’s been injured. Assuming he has an injury free season, I see him living up to that potential and should be able to improve massively this year

    • FYI Venables won’t play rd1 imo

  • Thoughts on this team I put together late last night. Not my original team and I’m unsure if I’d run with it for round 1. Too many rookies on field and not enough pods for my liken. But if I could get some feedback/advice/thoughts or whatever then awesome.

    TEAM NAME: Not Me . (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,562,000 (99.7%), Remaining: $38,000 (0.3%) On Ground: $11,202,000 (88.9%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 2000, Site Expected Total: 2071
    Def: M.Hurley (95), J.Lloyd (92), A.Brayshaw (80), N.Coffield (65), A.Naughton (60), M.Hibberd (60) (D.Mirra (50), B.Rice (45))
    Mid: P.Dangerfield (120), Z.Merrett (117), D.Martin (114), A.Treloar (111), T.Rockliff (110), N.Fyfe (105), L.Davies-Uniacke (65), T.Kelly (60) (K.Mutch (24.10), P.Ahern (48))
    Ruc: T.Nankervis (96), M.Gawn (93) (B.Frampton (40), D.Cameron (55))
    Fwd: M.Barlow (95), J.Billings (95), A.Christensen (72), J.Stephenson (60), J.Higgins (60), D.Venables (55) (D.Johnstone (24.10), W.Rioli (45))

  • Not a bad team Peter. Love the Hurley pick. Also good to see a slightly different ruck set up. Having said that, I feel that Nankervis will average around the 90 mark, Nic Nat probably somewhere in the low to mid 80’s. So for the money saved, I would go with Nic. Would also swap Fyfe for Rayner. Gives you an extra DPP, which may come in handy, also frees up a lot of cash, which would enable you to maybe upgrade Naughton to McGrath. Might have enough money left to upgrade one of the forward rookies to someone like Dahlhaus or someone of similar value.
    Good luck.

    • Thanks man. I’ve tried
      Fyfe to Rayner
      Nank to Naitanui
      Stephenson to Robinson
      Naughton to McDonald

      I’m not behind the McGrath hype so I’ll back myself and not get him.

      • Looks okay Peter, I wasn’t sure if you could afford McDonald, I have him too, I think he will be very good this season, light ownership too.

        Good luck.

  • Anyone know when the AFL Fantasy website opens?

  • I genuinely think Gaz is a good POD this year, people will avoid him due to the change of teams but he’ll still be top 8 easily I think.

    Therefore what would be the better option: Gaz, Sidebottom and Brad Crouch (PODS) or Zerrett, Treloar and Matt Crouch?

    • Well if you’re lacking in pods then option 1, but if high scores you want then option 2.

      (my predictions)
      Gaz 116 + Sidey 107 + B. Crouch 102 = 325
      Merrett 117 + Treloar 111 + M. Crouch 105 = 333

  • Zach Merrett and Matt Crouch

    or

    Danger and Beams

    • Flip a coin, all 4 will go well

    • I think I’d personally take option 1, but I agree with PK all will be score high.

      (my predictions)
      Merrett 117 + Crouch 105 = 222
      Danger 120 + Beams 114 = 234

      The reason I’d go option 1 even though I think they’ll average lower is because Beams is injury prone. For me injuries seem to occur at the worst time or they lead to week long shuffling to try and avoid a donut. If you don’t dawn on injury history then option 2, but if you’re like me and try to limit injuries then option 1.

  • Kreuz & A.Brayshaw (or relevant rookie <268k)
    OR
    Nicnat & Redden

  • I love how people told me to dump redden because he won’t be a top 10 mid, now that the traders mention a few things about him, everyone jumps onboard and sprouts to everyone about how good he’ll be….. what a bunch of poser’s

    • LOL, yep you get that.
      For the record I had Redden in my team before the traders did the Eagles reveal thing.
      He wont be top 10, but he will improve by near 20 points.
      A better pick than Fyfe, Cripps, Hall, Cogs imo.

      • I think people are forgetting mr dom sheed

      • +1, I was looking forward to Redden being less than 3% ownership, however 🙄

      • When Priddis and Mitchell announced their retirements last year I already had Redden in my team for 2018. I’m unsure if he’s a better pick than those Kingzy, but improve he will. Sometimes pods can get a little ruined with this site, but that’s not saying that I don’t come here to see what unique players people have in their teams and consider them for myself.

        Back yourself with your selections. Seek opinions and advice but you don’t have to make every change someone suggests.

        • This is only in my opinion, but:
          Fyfe never has gone over 105, priced at 98 so not much upside
          Cripps has never done over 100, priced at 98, IF he can go 105 that’s not much upside
          Cogs has gone 105 once, priced at 94 if he can go 105 a 10 point upside so a little better.
          Redden has gone 109, and 105.
          Near $100K cheaper than the others, should get an inside role (Priddis) and he is now fit running personal best time trials.

          I think he takes the cake

          • Cripps I agree with. Hall you didn’t mention but he’s shown what he can do without Ablett for a bit but a whole season, well we’ll see. I think Coniglio can go over 105 this season, and Fyfe well I think he’ll win the Brownlow this year so to do that you have to be consistently good. Yes I know that doesn’t mean high scores, but I’m a sucker for consistency.

    • He could still easily fail, most will only pick him if he goes big in the JLT. If he fails then everyone will jump ship. Plus West Coast havent named who will be running through the guts yet there is competition for spots

      • I’m kind of hoping he doesn’t go too big in the JLT so some stay away. I think Redden and Shuey are going to be the always mids and the other spot will be rotated with Sheed, Yeo, Ah Chee, Hutchings, Duggan.

        • +1
          Reddens natural position is on ball, he loves to tackle and will be there in the thick of it.
          Duggen will play half back, most likely take Yeo’s role from last year as Yeo will be in the mid.
          Sheed and Ah Chee will be interesting,
          Hutchings mainly tags.

          • As a eagle member and watching all the games live Redden will play midfield this year the only reason he’s average went down is because west coast had him in the forward line too much when he is a natural mid so I think he’s average will climb back up playing in the centre.

          • For sure mate totally agree, he was also injured when he moved to West Coast and I believe over the injuries now.
            I need to stop pumping redden up.
            Go eagles!

  • Adams,M.Crouch,Beams
    V
    Kelly,B.Crouch,Treloar

    • (my predictions)
      Adams 118 + M. Crouch 105 + Beams 114 = 337
      Kelly 113 + B. Crouch 102 + Treloar 111 = 326

      Both have injury concern players (Beams and B. Crouch) so option 1

    • I like option 2.

      option 1 scored 100+ 66% of the time on average in 2017
      (Adams 15/22 games M Crouch 16/22 & Beams 11/19)

      option 2 scored 100+ 78% of the time on average in 2017
      (Kelly 18/21 games B Crouch 14/17 games & Treloar 14/21)

  • TEAM NAME: If Cameron Plays. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,594,000 (100%), Remaining: $6,000 (0%) On Ground: $11,234,000 (89.2%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 2100, Site Expected Total: 2077
    Def: K.Simpson (100), J.Lloyd (97), J.Crisp (95), K.Kolodjashnij (94), J.Finlayson (62), T.Doedee (60) (J.Smith (24.10), F.Watson (24.10))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (125), P.Dangerfield (120), D.Beams (112), T.Rockliff (115), L.Parker (98.23), J.Redden (83.35), T.Kelly (68), K.Mutch (62) (H.Wigg (24.10), N.Freeman (60))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (103), D.Cameron (70) (L.Pierce (24.10), B.Frampton (24.10))
    Fwd: J.Billings (99), I.Heeney (101), M.Robinson (93), A.Christensen (80), H.Bennell (70), J.Higgins (68) (P.Ahern (60), D.Venables (24.10))

    I find this team a bit weak in the midfield for premos. I understand Cameron might not play but I am not in love with Naitanui, I feel like he might start slow

    • You have a big set of grapefruits putting Cameron at R2. Hope it works for you mate.

    • Well Naitanui starting slow is better than Cameron maybe not starting at all. If Kolojashnij plays on the wing then he will be a good selection. I personally wouldn’t select him because he has burnt me a bit twice. Your midfield isn’t weak IMO and I’m sure you’re on Bennell watch like most. If Bennell doesn’t play then I would trade him to a 170K rookie and put Venables on the field. Since I don’t think Cameron will play straight away I would trade Kolojashnij to a cheaper option to allow yourself to trade Pierce to Naitanui.

  • Alright, 10th anniversary season for the WSH so i need a big year to celebrate 10 years of losing to you lot :p

    Whats everyone think of my first crack at a 2018 team? Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

    TEAM NAME: WSH. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,575,000 (99.8%), Remaining: $25,000 (0.2%) On Ground: $11,198,000 (88.9%), On Bench: $1,377,000 (10.9%)
    Expected Total: 1714, Site Expected Total: 2070
    Def: R.Laird (100.21), J.Lloyd (91.99), J.Crisp (88.16), A.Brayshaw (65.49), S.Murray (24.10), T.Doedee (24.10) (H.Goddard (24.10), A.Johnson (24.10))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (127.00), P.Dangerfield (120.34), J.Kelly (112.69), T.Rockliff (102.76), D.Hannebery (94.26), P.Dow (37.70), L.Davies-Uniacke (37.42), N.Holman (24.10) (H.Wigg (24.10), N.Freeman (24.10))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (85.75), N.Naitanui (59.11) (T.English (26.51), D.Cameron (24.10))
    Fwd: L.Franklin (95.96), I.Heeney (91.99), J.Martin (82.92), A.Christensen (46.92), C.Rayner (38.27), J.Dawson (36.00) (P.Ahern (24.10), M.Lewis (24.10))

    • P.S. Don’t pay too much attention to my rooks, current ones are just place holders till we see how the cheap guys go during the pre-season..

    • Thoughts and is just IMO. i am ignoring rooks, and for structure only looking at on field
      BACKS – 3/1/2 – no issues im not sold on Brayshaw but cant say ive done much research so cant say much. Other 3 backs are solid premo
      MID – 5/0/3 no mid pricers i like, and a PODs in Hanners may come off
      RUCKS – same/same
      FWD – 3/1/2 – im counting Martin as Premo, he is not at this stage but you cant call him mid priced either, he is POD is in 1.3% teams on DT live so is good, others all solid.

      No issues with team back your research and PODS you obviously have reasons for the selections – all in all good solid team and structure

      • Cheers for the review mate. Martin & Brayshaw are a couple of smokeys that im taking a little gamble on this year. i’m hoping Hanners should be in some decent form, if not i’ll piss him off & grab another decent performing value mid after a half dozen rounds.

    • Haha, well I don’t think you’ve lost many to me.

      I take it that you’ve selected Franklin and Martin due to their lower ownership. I think they yoyo score too much for me but it’s completely your views on them. Martin finished last year pretty well and it’s said that he’s a really talented player, even if his fantasy scores to date haven’t been as such. I told myself that I would select Hanners this year because I think he’ll bounce back, but I chose Coniglio instead who I think will go over 105 this year.

    • I really like Hanners and Martin… great uniques, not sold on Rocky just yet…

  • Really looking to try and find some new players that maybe nobody’s thought about yet, so I made a POD(ish) team.

    Def: M.Hurley (93.98), B.Ellis (84.48), B.Maynard (72.15), P.Seedsman (65.20), N.Coffield (36.29), L.O’Brien (35.72) (J.Smith (24.10), T.Doedee (24.10))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (127.00), D.Zorko (114.10), S.Pendlebury (108.72), B.Crouch (102.91), J.Redden (83.35), A.Brayshaw (37.99), L.Davies-Uniacke (37.42), T.Kelly (31.75) (N.Freeman (24.10), B.Sier (24.10))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (85.75), N.Naitanui (59.11) (D.Cameron (24.10), B.Frampton (24.10))
    Fwd: L.Dahlhaus (88.45), M.Walters (79.38), D.Parish (78.10), R.Mathieson (71.72), T.Taranto (61.37), W.Powell (33.17) (D.Clarke (24.10), P.Ahern (24.10))

    Couple others to note are Jack Steven & Dion Prestia.

    • I was bored and made a team of players who are under priced!

      TEAM NAME: underpriced. (AFL Fantasy 2018)

      Def: L.Hodge (86.75), B.Ellis (84.48), B.Vince (77.82), J.Johannisen (75.83), J.Smith (24.10), S.Murray (24.10) (T.Doedee (24.10), L.Keeffe (24.10))
      Mid: S.Pendlebury (108.72), D.Beams (104.32), L.Neale (100.07), J.P. Kennedy (97.80), J.Selwood (94.97), S.Coniglio (93.98), T.Kelly (31.75), N.Freeman (24.10) (P.Ahern (24.10), H.Wigg (24.10))
      Ruc: T.Goldstein (86.46), N.Naitanui (59.11) (D.Cameron (24.10), B.Crossley (24.10))
      Fwd: D.Smith (81.50), R.Gray (81.08), M.Robinson (76.82), B.Deledio (75.12), B.Ah Chee (55.56), H.Bennell (35.29) (J.Higgins (33.73), J.Petruccelle (27.78))

      Good Luck

    • Haha nice guys. Don’t go revealing all the goodies. Everyday my uniques ownership % keep rising.

    • Back line is a little weak and appears stacked with Pies (!) A lot of cash in the FWD line and I like the Matho and Taranto picks. I couldnt handle the stress of Walters in my side but Freo are improved and it could pay off. MIDs are solid – Pendles will be 110 or above

  • Kelly and Hurley
    V
    Zerrett and Lloyd?

  • I went into the app just for a laugh and noticed that Gibbs and Rocky who were in my final side last year, now have new photos in their new strips. Might be pretty close to opening

  • Would reall appreciate your thoughts, cheers!

    TEAM NAME: *Undecided atm* (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,593,000 (99.9%), Remaining: $7,000 (0.1%) On Ground: $11,111,000 (88.2%), On Bench: $1,482,000 (11.8%)
    Expected Total: 2177, Site Expected Total: 2100
    Def: M.Hurley (98), J.Lloyd (98), J.Sicily (93), A.Brayshaw (88), C.O’Shea (75), T.Doedee (68) (S.Murray (24.10), D.Mirra (24.10))
    Mid: P.Dangerfield (121), B.Crouch (112), T.Rockliff (114), N.Fyfe (109), C.Blakely (111), L.Dunstan (104), J.O’Meara (92), L.Davies-Uniacke (71) (T.Kelly (67), N.Freeman (24.10))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (101), N.Naitanui (89) (O.McInerney (24.10), D.Cameron (24.10))
    Fwd: J.Billings (98), M.Robinson (94), B.Ah Chee (87), A.Christensen (84), J.Stephenson (72), H.Bennell (77) (J.Higgins (70), P.Ahern (24.10))

    • G’day mate, haven’t seen you on here but i’ll give you a review

      DEF: Unsure on the Sicily pick. I feel like he may not get his job down back as last year he played a tall rebounding roll along with Gunston since they fell short on defenders. I feel like with the injuries of Frawley, Gibson and Birchall all going back to their spots, he will be pushed back forward with Gunston and will not score as much as you reckon he will. Watch JLT, because if he does contend them for a spot, could be a good POD, though I still doubt 93 is what he’ll average. I personally don’t like the O’Shea pick, last two seasons at Port he averaged below 60, and being 193cm tall, I see him playing a lockdown defender roll averaging similar. With Doc out the team, I do not think he will take his roll in the team. Rest of the defenders look good, spent good amount of money on them.

      MID: Watch Danger in JLT, I’m very wary on any Geelong superstars with the inclusion of Gaz, he may play as well or better than he did last year, but personally, i just want to see how Gaz affects him first. Love the Crouch pick, only started hitting his straps end of last year. Rocky may play more forward than people expect this year. I understand he played alot of forward time at Brisbane and scored well, but that’s at Brisbane. Good POD’s in Blakely and Dunstan, like Dunstan a lot and think he should play well this year.

      RUC: Stock standard

      FWD: Robbo decent POD, haven’t seen him that much, personally avoiding because i remember when he burnt me but should get more midfield time, just make sure it isn’t as a tagging roll. Bennell I’m not touching until i know he’s a shoe in for first 22. But training away from the team for two months will take a hefty hit on his job security.

      OVR: Different stricture to what i usually see on here, i don’t mind it either, Crouch as a M2 could be a little light in midfield as he is my M4/M5 but none the less, good POD’s in there i must say, hope they all work out but if not, may need to play a little catch up. Good luck for this year mate! hope you go well

  • Dream Team Talk blog
    TEAM NAME: Mojo2. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,594,000 (100%), Remaining: $6,000 (0%) On Ground: $11,217,000 (89%), On Bench: $1,377,000 (10.9%)
    Expected Total: 1716, Site Expected Total: 2087
    Def: R.Laird (100.21), K.Simpson (97.52), A.McGrath (70.30), A.Brayshaw (65.49), M.Hibberd (33.31), J.Smith (24.10) (T.Doedee (24.10), J.Garner (24.10))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (127.00), P.Dangerfield (120.34), Z.Merrett (116.94), T.Rockliff (102.76), N.Fyfe (97.24), L.Davies-Uniacke (37.42), T.Kelly (31.75), N.Freeman (24.10) (P.Ahern (24.10), H.Wigg (24.10))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (85.75), N.Naitanui (59.11) (D.Cameron (24.10), M.Flynn (24.10))
    Fwd: M.Barlow (94.54), I.Heeney (91.99), M.Robinson (76.82), C.Petracca (70.87), C.Rayner (38.27), D.Venables (24.10) (T.English (26.51), M.Poholke (24.10))

    any comments welcome

  • First Team for this year boys, love to hear your thoughts on it!

    DEF: Laird, Yeo, Crisp, A.Brayshaw, S.Murray, Doedee (J.Smith, Mirra)

    MID: T.Mitchell, Merrett, Kelly, Beams, Crouch, Davies-Uniacke, J.Higgins, T.Kelly (H.Wigg, N.Freeman)

    RUC: Gawn, Naitanui (Cameron, Frampton)

    FWD: Billings, Heeney, Petrecca, Ah Chee, W.Powell, L.Ryan (D.Venables, P.Ahern)

    30k to play with

  • I note a lot of backlines that are a bit light on. Your minimum backline score for the first 5 weeks should be 475+ p/week.

  • Not sure what team is better,

    The first team has 1 more keeper in Robinson and more top end rookies.

    But the second team has a more ‘value’ forward line, with guaranteed game time and higher scoring. Assuming Lobb is solo ruck, Ah Chee is playing in the mid and Bennell plays round 1.

    Thoughts?
    Thanks

    TEAM NAME: Meow. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,583,000 (99.9%), Remaining: $17,000 (0.1%) On Ground: $11,223,000 (89.1%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 1930, Site Expected Total: 2087
    Def: R.Laird (100), J.Lloyd (95), J.Crisp (88.16), A.McGrath (70.30), S.Murray (24.10), F.Watson (24.10) (J.Smith (60), T.Doedee (60))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (120), P.Dangerfield (120), Z.Merrett (117), J.Kelly (112.69), T.Rockliff (120), J.Redden (83.35), A.Brayshaw (37.99), T.Kelly (70) (K.Mutch (24.10), N.Freeman (65))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (105), N.Naitanui (85) (D.Cameron (24.10), O.McInerney (24.10))
    Fwd: J.Billings (94.40), M.Robinson (95), A.Christensen (80), C.Rayner (70), J.Higgins (70), D.Venables (24.10) (W.Rioli (24.10), P.Ahern (24.10))

    VS

    TEAM NAME: Meow. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,583,000 (99.9%), Remaining: $17,000 (0.1%) On Ground: $11,223,000 (89.1%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 1889, Site Expected Total: 2099
    Def: R.Laird (100), J.Lloyd (95), J.Crisp (88.16), A.McGrath (70.30), F.Watson (24.10), S.Murray (24.10) (T.Doedee (60), J.Smith (60))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (120), P.Dangerfield (120), Z.Merrett (117), J.Kelly (112.69), T.Rockliff (120), J.Redden (83.35), T.Kelly (70), K.Lovell (29.77) (N.Freeman (65), K.Mutch (24.10))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (105), N.Naitanui (85) (D.Cameron (24.10), O.McInerney (24.10))
    Fwd: J.Billings (94.40), R.Lobb (66.19), B.Ah Chee (55.56), A.Christensen (80), H.Bennell (80), D.Venables (24.10) (P.Ahern (24.10), W.Rioli (24.10))

    • Probs 1

    • Kingzy love the team, quick question what are your thoughts on Cam Oshea, is he too dear for expected output, would I be better off with Watson?

      I think team 1 is best, for various reasons I have jumped off Lobb and Bennell in my team, and not sold on Ah Chee, would prefer Stringer at similar price so its team 1 for me.

      I am seeing the love for Redden, I have Cripps instead but only cause have man crush the boy is a bull. Redden is cheaper but is getting on a bit and has always been that guy who is gunna do this and gunna do that, but guess so is Cripps. – Thoughts?

      • Hey mate,
        I don’t know much about Oshea to be honest, if he is named round 1 he would have to have good JS, so worth the price. Id try and get him in.

        Yea Lobb and Bennell are a tough one, so is Ac Chee. If Bennell is named round 1 tho get him in. Iam not sold on Lobb or Ah Chee either.

        Go with your gut, Cripps will be solid no doubt. Both are good picks
        Iam an Eagles fan so I go with Redden.

    • I’ve heard many different rumours that Mitch Robinson will play a lot of forward… If its true, think he’ll be lucky to push above 80-85… He won’t rack up as much ball

      • If that’s true then yea he will suck, Ill drop him for sure.
        I would think tho with Rocky not there he would have more mid time, and spend some time forward.

  • if you are a troll, f**k off, you aren’t wanted.

  • Thoughts on this team i put together?

    TEAM NAME: No 1. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,496,000 (99.2%), Remaining: $104,000 (0.8%) On Ground: $11,136,000 (88.4%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 1705, Site Expected Total: 2078
    Def: E.Yeo (98.09), K.Simpson (97.52), J.Lloyd (91.99), A.McGrath (70.30), N.Coffield (36.29), S.Murray (24.10) (J.Smith (24.10), L.Keeffe (24.10))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (127.00), J.Kelly (112.69), D.Beams (104.32), T.Rockliff (102.76), J.O’Meara (62.08), C.Rayner (38.27), T.Kelly (31.75), K.Mutch (24.10) (H.Wigg (24.10), N.Freeman (24.10))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (85.75), N.Naitanui (59.11) (B.Frampton (24.10), O.McInerney (24.10))
    Fwd: J.Billings (94.40), I.Heeney (91.99), K.Lambert (85.05), D.Smith (81.50), H.Bennell (35.29), D.Venables (24.10) (P.Ahern (24.10), W.Rioli (24.10))

    • Gone for a different strategy in sacrificing your mid to make your fwd and def lines stronger. Normally i perfer at least 1 more premo in your midfield and im not sold on injury prone handball happy o’meara but if your happy with it then go for it!
      If mcgrath gets those midfield minutes then he will be a great pick. I get nervous looking at beams and rockliff in the same midfield given their injury history. Lambert could be a great pod.
      I would personally downgrade a premo forward to christensen (guarenteed 75+ if fit) and bolster your midfield. Otherwise looks good

    • Hey Drummo, you don’t think you got one too many injury proned guys in your team, it’s like 3 quarters of your team are still involved with the medical team. Must keep an eye out dude.

  • Hi all, what do we think the following can average this season, thanks.

    Cripps
    Hall
    Fyfe
    Johannisen

    Thanks.

    • Cripps -I have man crush, DT site says proj is 107 but think this is stretch, the boy is good but hand ball happy that said I can see 105 and why I picked him, and he is generally good consistently from memory eg. a low score is 90.

      Hall – tough one, with Gaz gone you may expect a higher out put possibly back to glory days of 120. That said though new coach and word on street is there are 38 Suns players training with the mid field group (normal for this time of year. He had a nice 16 last year, but injuries affected things at different times, if plays full time mid and is fit then see no reason not 110 plus but is no for me too many maybes, If he was fwd then possibly for me
      Fyfe – I think the DT proj of 106 is fair and probably about it, hes not the man he used to be and neither is Freo.
      Johannisen – priced at 76, with proj at 87, I see somewhere in between, I can see any vast improvement here so an 80-85 weems fair.

      is just IMO of course

    • Cripps 102
      Hall 103
      Fyfe 105
      Johannisen 89

      Im very interested to see what Hall can do. We’ve all seen what he can do without Ablett for half a season but a whole season, I wonder if he can handle it. I also wonder if Johannisen and other Bulldogs can get it together again. I’m saying most should be better than last year.

    • Cripps – No idea, not really sure what his fantasy ceiling is but could be 105-110

      Hall – No reason he can’t be that high 100’s of late 2015 and early 2016, but there is a lot of unknown there

      Fyfe – 106

      JJ – 80ish. Teams have to keep tagging him

    • Cripps 100-105. He is a beast, but never avg over 100 so I wouldn’t expect 110.
      Hall – 100. He is good, but always misses games and can go missing in games.
      Fyfe – 105, great players but not great fantasy. He looked fit as tho in the international match, last year was hampered by injuries so could increase avg.
      JJ – 80-85, gets tagged and teams know he cant handle it. Seems a bargain, but id stay away.

      We need to find out who takes Bob Murphy and Boyds role, they would be the gold picks.

  • Which of these two would you run with? Thanks.

    1. Lloyd, Johannisen, Zorko, Hall, Fyfe, Gawn…

    or…

    2. Mills, Hibbard, M Crouch, B Crouch, Redden, Kreuzer.

    Thanks.

    • Gee that’s tough. For me personally I’d take option 1. I think Lloyd beats Mills, Hibberd beats Johannisen, Zorko over M. Crouch, Hall over B. Crouch (really close though), Fyfe beats Redden, and Kruezer over Gawn (again pretty close though). That’s 4 to 2 favouring option 1 in my opinion.

      I know others will say 2 because of the Crouch brothers mainly, but in my opinion I don’t think either are going to average over 110 like everyone else is thinking. The Gibbs inclusion takes some of their scoring away in my opinion. Of course I don’t know if that’s going to be the case, but just my thoughts.

      • Good call on Gibbs taking points.

      • Hall over Brad crouch…. you sir are dumber than those hawk dudes, on one hand, we have Aaron Hall who only play offence, he doesnt tackle and is a bigger soft cock than Luke shuey, on the other hand you have Brad Crouch who is a tackling machine, plays like a contested inside mid and is hard at the ball. There is a clear winner here and if you cant see that, then i know you dont watch football.

    • Both have good and bad points.

      I don’t like JJ, or Mills. Seem like value, but I don’t see them averaging much more.

      What about 2
      Instead of Kreuzer, put Gawn in.
      Slap that phat stack of chedda on Mills to Llyod if you can?

  • thoughts on Cam Oshea, is he too dear for expected output, would I be better off with Watson?

    I am seeing the love for Redden, I have Cripps instead but only cause have man crush the boy is a bull. Redden is cheaper but is getting on a bit and has always been that guy who is gunna do this and gunna do that, but guess so is Cripps. – Thoughts?

    • I’m a Carlton man, I’d like to see O’Shea go well but I’m not sure, really don’t know.

      It’s between Redden and Fyfe for me.

      • Not much point worrying about oshea in january, it will soon become clear. Mullet will probly take that role,they already have marchbank and weitering, doin the oshea thing, just a thought.

      • It would have to be redden don’t you think, if I can recall Lyon saying that after that injury that Fyfe had last year and the fact that he really puts his body on the line harder than anyone else arguably. That he would be rotating through the forward line as well to give his body a rest. Keeping in mind he is smart up forward as well.

    • How can he be getting on, he’s only 27 lol and believably hitting prime now lol.

    • Wait for the JLT, it will become all to clear who to choose. I like to keep the expensive rooks in my side at this time of the year, its easier to spend cash later then find cash…

      I would perfer Cripps, think he will take his game to the next level. Redden is cheaper and should average around 100 but If you have the cash for Cripps then lock him in imo

  • Current Mid is Adams, Kelly, Rocky, Cripps, Fyfe, Redden, LDU, T. Kelly. (Rook/ RooK)

    I want to swap out Fyfe for another Mid, i only have 781k to use, considering between Brad crouch and Beams, thoughts on which one or any other mid below 781k?

    • tough call both similar avg in 2017 both missed games with injury both finished year strongly – I would monitor progress in training pre season and JLT not sure on crouch but last I heard Beams was looking great

    • Beams.

      I’d also be considering Treloar for pretty good consistency and good durability.

    • Sidebum/Coniglio.

  • PLEASE THROW IN SOME THOUGHTS POSTIVE OR NEGATIVE TEAM IS TAKING SHAPE FEW TWEAKS STILL TO GO

    TEAM NAME: Eumans Premiership Tigers 2018. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,485,000 (99.1%), Remaining: $115,000 (0.9%) On Ground: $11,123,000 (88.3%), On Bench: $1,362,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 2072, Site Expected Total: 2073
    Def: R.Laird (102), K.Simpson (101), B.Houli (94), A.McGrath (85), C.O’Shea (65), T.Doedee (57) (D.Mirra (56), S.Murray (56))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (125), T.Adams (116), J.Kelly (115), D.Beams (112), P.Cripps (107), A.Brayshaw (70), L.Davies-Uniacke (68), T.Kelly (66) (J.Smith (58), N.Freeman (60))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (99), N.Naitanui (86) (O.McInerney (60), D.Cameron (60))
    Fwd: J.Billings (99), I.Heeney (98), J.Stringer (77), A.Christensen (77), C.Rayner (70), P.Ahern (58) (T.Brown (55), D.Venables (55))

    • Houli never seems to live up to his fantasy potential, but he averaged 95, and 90 over the past two years so I don’t mind the selection, but I personally wouldn’t take him. I’m not behind the McGrath hype, but I understand the selection. I can’t see Cripps averaging 107 I’d say low 100s, but no Gibbs could mean more Cripps, or a tag now and then. I personally don’t think he’ll be tagged a lot because without Gibbs the Carlton midfield isn’t as damaging so I’d imagine teams would be happy to go head to head against them. Stringers interesting, I love a good pod. Can’t see him being a regular feature in the midfield, but he could still be damaging as a high half forward, xfactor mod type. JLT will give us an indication of his role.

      • “xfactor *mid* type.”

      • Cheers yes am tossing up Houli to Crisp but can’t let go as a tiger man who was at GF watching him tear it up was awesome. McGrath not sure either I just jumped on wagon there, am contemplating Wilson maybe Shea to a 170 and upgrade McGrath. Cripps could be Crouch I guess or go McGrath to rookie and go mid premium but leaves me weak in backline. Stringer will depend on JLT there are a few around the price say ah Cher or stretch to a lobb thanks heaps for feedback

  • Is 4 premo DEF, 6 MID and 3 FWD a good balance?
    Thanks

    • I but not sure how you can achieve that with salary cap, unless you have 2 rookie rucks – throw up your team and we can see,

    • If you can, of course it is. Depends on your rookies on field tho, if all $170 its risky if they get dropped you could have donuts.
      Depends who you call premo to.

      P – Premo
      MP – mid priced
      R – rookie

      Mine is
      3 P, 1 MP, 2 R
      6 P, 2 R
      1 P, 1 MP
      2 P, 1 MP, 3 R

    • it depends on what you class as premo also I guess but if you can achieve this then you will go very well

  • I am still going to have a play around because I am not set on some of the premos. Not sure whether I should drop a premo for more expensive rookies
    Used: $12,579,000 (99.8%), Remaining: $21,000 (0.2%) On Ground: $11,219,000 (89%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 2029, Site Expected Total: 2090
    Def: K.Simpson (100), J.Lloyd (97), J.Crisp (95), K.Kolodjashnij (94), T.Doedee (60), J.Smith (24.10) (N.J. Brown (24.10), F.Watson (24.10))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (125), P.Dangerfield (120), B.Crouch (102.91), T.Rockliff (115), L.Parker (98.23), J.Redden (83.35), T.Kelly (68), N.Freeman (60) (H.Wigg (24.10), J.Finlayson (62))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (103), N.Naitanui (85) (O.McInerney (24.10), D.Cameron (70))
    Fwd: I.Heeney (101), D.Smith (81.50), M.Robinson (93), H.Bennell (70), J.Higgins (68), P.Ahern (60) (B.Frampton (24.10), L.Keeffe (24.10))

    • Ok looks good – overall good team you have steered clear of the more expensive rookies,allows you more to spend on premos. Only thought is if a rookie here or there does not play but you have more premos who will play. Other thought maybe the players who may be injury prone, that is they were injured last year at some point and or have recently had off field incidents for e.g.
      – Kolojashni
      – Crouch
      – Rockcliff
      – Redden
      – Wigg apparently is but is rookie we all just waiting for greenlights
      – Gawn
      – Nat
      – D Smith
      – M Robbo
      – H Bennell

      If was SC or RDT then you have serious issues, that said even in Fantasy while we get 2 trades per week, the sideways ones hurt in long run. Its all about cash generation especially early buy trade rookies make cash, if you waste a trade sideways then it hurts the cash overall. Not saying all of these guys may go down but I would expect a couple. I would just suggest you look very closely at them in pre season and JLT. For example this is reason I selected M Crouch over B.

      Anyway is just IMO and food for thought.

      I remember one year and it was many years ago, but if the guy did not play 22 games year before (except rookies) then he did not make the team and from memory I had a pretty good year.

  • Danger or Merrett?? only 1

  • OK with team below should I dump McGrath for cheaper rookie e.g Shea then try upgrade another mid player?

    TEAM NAME: Eumans Premiership Tigers 2018. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,453,000 (98.8%), Remaining: $147,000 (1.2%) On Ground: $11,091,000 (88%), On Bench: $1,362,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 2071, Site Expected Total: 2069
    Def: R.Laird (102), K.Simpson (101), J.Crisp (95), A.McGrath (86), F.Watson (57), T.Doedee (57) (S.Murray (56), D.Mirra (56))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (125), T.Adams (116), J.Kelly (115), M.Crouch (113), D.Beams (112), A.Brayshaw (70), L.Davies-Uniacke (68), T.Kelly (66) (J.Smith (58), N.Freeman (60))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (100), N.Naitanui (86) (O.McInerney (60), D.Cameron (60))
    Fwd: J.Billings (100), I.Heeney (98), A.Young (76), A.Christensen (77), C.Rayner (68), P.Ahern (58) (T.Brown (55), D.Venables (55))

  • The DEF rookies this year are very thin. O Shea might not play.
    The FWD rookies seem to be where its at, with possible round 1 starters Rayner, Higgins, Setterfield, if Bennell is playing round 1.

    I know Young is a POD breakout player, but Id look to dg him to a rookie and upgrade a mid.

    • cheers mate appreciate your advice, makes sense that would make my structure for fwds 2/1/3 does that sound feasible?

    • sorry next question, I have rayner who is your preferred (at this stage obviously early days) out of those you mention Higgins, Setterfield? Im steering clear of Bennell at this stage.

      As Tiger man it maybe hard for Higgins to slot in straight away unless Rioli don’t get up, and also possibly with Broad (Def though)to miss the first 3 they may shuffle team a little and make space for Higgins but otherwise I had a hard look at the GF team which remained unchanged throughout finals and I cant see any room for him.

      I hear love from you previously on setterfield I don’t know anything about him

Leave a Reply


To get your own unique avatar for DT Talk comments, please go to www.gravatar.com and sign up with the same email address you have signed up here with.