My Team 2018: Version 1.1

Chad, the man behind DT Live, has updated the Drawing Board for the 2018 season. Head over to the siteand select ‘Drawing Board’ from the drop down menu and you can start picking your AFL Fantasy Classic squads for the upcoming season.

Click here to use the Drawing Board.

Once you have picked your team, you can simply copy and paste your team to put in the comments below. Now that we have My Team cranking, discuss any players, team structure, etc in the comments. As always, keep it civil and if you’re advice, make sure you dish out some of your own (make sure it well thought out and not blatant trolling – we’re totally over that after 10+ years of DT Talk!).

Get keen for a massive season ahead.

The 100 most popular players selected in the Drawing Board for AFL Fantasy Classic. As at 5 January.

PlayerClubPositionFantasy
Price
Site
Projected
Avg
Ownership
Percentage
Nic NaitanuiWCERUC41700086.491.5
Max GawnMELBRUC60500099.386.9
Harley BennellFREFWD24900076.485.3
Paul AhernNMMID/FWD17000058.170.2
Rory LairdADEDEF708000101.769.6
Tom MitchellHAWMID897000124.765.6
Cam O'SheaCARLDEF23000065.264
Tom DoedeeADEDEF17000056.763.1
Darcy CameronSYDRUC17000049.762.6
Nathan FreemanSTKMID17000060.161.3
Allen ChristensenBLFWD33100077.459.5
Luke Davies-UniackeNMMID26400067.854.9
Isaac HeeneySYDMID/FWD65000097.954.6
Harrison WiggGCMID17000063.550.9
Timothy KellyGEEMID22400066.246.2
Daniel VenablesWCEFWD17000057.745.4
Joel SmithMELBDEF/MID17000057.844.5
Willie RioliWCEFWD17000053.143.6
Jaeger O'MearaHAWMID43800088.442.9
Cameron RaynerBLMID/FWD27000067.941
Jack HigginsRICHMID/FWD23800064.938.7
Jack BillingsSTKFWD66700099.238.7
Sam MurrayCOLLDEF17000055.437.8
Dayne BeamsBLMID737000111.937.7
Tom RockliffPAMID726000113.837.5
Jake LloydSYDDEF65000097.137.1
Elliot YeoWCEDEF693000100.536.6
Patrick DangerfieldGEEMID850000120.135.7
Nat FyfeFREMID687000107.234.6
Rory LobbGWSFWD46700084.734
Josh KellyGWSMID796000115.433.5
Patrick CrippsCARLMID693000107.231.4
Michael BarlowGCMID/FWD66800098.131.3
Timothy EnglishWBRUC/FWD18700051.630.9
Zach MerrettESSMID826000118.130.1
Billy FramptonPARUC/FWD17000047.528
Kade SimpsonCARLDEF689000100.627.6
Jack CrispCOLLDEF62200094.525
Andrew BrayshawFREMID26800069.525
Mitchell HibberdNMDEF23500063.524.4
David MirraHAWDEF17000056.224.2
Lachlan KeeffeGWSDEF/FWD17000053.523.7
Andrew McGrathESSDEF49700085.722.4
Devon SmithESSFWD57500090.822
Matt CrouchADEMID752000112.621.5
Oscar McInerneyBLRUC17000053.520.5
Mitch RobinsonBLMID/FWD58300092.220.2
Taylor AdamsCOLLMID809000115.617.1
Stephen ConiglioGWSMID675000105.517.1
Liam RyanWCEFWD22000061.216.5
Dustin MartinRICHMID801000115.516.2
James WorpelHAWMID1820006015.9
Hugh GoddardSTKDEF17000052.814.5
Paddy DowCARLMID26600066.414
Francis WatsonWCEDEF17000057.813.5
Grant BirchallHAWDEF48500082.613.4
Angus BrayshawMELBDEF/MID52800086.713.4
Michael HibberdMELBDEF65300095.713
Dom BarryPAMID17000058.512.4
Christian PetraccaMELBMID/FWD50100086.212.4
Kobe MutchESSMID17000057.512.3
Brendon Ah CheeWCEMID/FWD41300076.711.5
Dylan ClarkeESSMID/FWD17000056.411.5
Luke ParkerSYDMID694000107.711.2
Matthew FlynnGWSRUC/FWD17000046.510.9
Adam TreloarCOLLMID761000111.810.8
Alex WitherdenBLDEF60500092.610.8
Alex MorganNMDEF17000056.810.6
Brayden AinsworthWCEMID20800061.610.3
Callum MillsSYDDEF48900084.210.1
Will SetterfieldGWSMID/FWD26500066.89.9
Jeremy FinlaysonGWSDEF/MID17000054.89.5
Nicholas CoffieldSTKDEF/MID25600063.79.5
Lewis PierceSTKRUC17000045.79.2
Bailey RiceSTKDEF17000054.88.5
Luke DahlhausWBMID/FWD62400092.58.4
Ryan ClarkeNMDEF48400081.78.3
Sam MenegolaGEEMID/FWD720000102.48.3
Robbie GrayPAFWD57300092.58
James SicilyHAWDEF/FWD52400088.87.5
Dayne ZorkoBLMID806000116.37.5
Pearce HanleyGCDEF/MID50900087.67.4
Matthew KennedyCARLMID485000867.4
Aaron HallGCMID691000107.26.7
Zac WilliamsGWSDEF58400092.46.5
Mitch DuncanGEEMID794000113.26.5
Nick HolmanGCMID17000053.66.3
Mitchell KingMELBRUC17000043.46.2
Darcy ParishESSMID/FWD55200087.16.1
Bryce GibbsADEMID791000114.66.1
Aaron YoungGCFWD38800075.46
Myles PoholkeADEMID/FWD17000051.15.9
Ryan BurtonHAWDEF59500091.95.9
Isaac CummingGWSDEF17000056.75.7
Hamish BrayshawWCEMID170000545.7
Nathan WilsonFREDEF50000083.45.6
Dan HanneberySYDMID666000104.95.6
Alex JohnsonSYDDEF17000052.65.5
Luke McDonaldNMDEF/MID604000925.5
Michael HurleyESSDEF66400097.85.3

 



815 Comments

  • Thoughts on Ed Curnow? Priced at 88, averaged 101 in the pervious year, with Gibbs gone surely he’s in for a bigger midfield role?

    • Hadn’t even really thought of this bloke until you’d mentioned him, but good point! I guess like so many others it will depend on JLT form and where he slots in. Wouldn’t imagine that he’d cause enough hassle that he’d ever attract a tag. Is there anyone ahead of him in the pecking order for more midfield time? I don’t think so. But if he’s not earmarked for a big boost in midfield time I think there are better options for around the same price.

    • Had him in my first team, but found a way to upgrade him. He should definitely be in the midfield for them, at the very least he’ll play on the wing. He’s pretty good when he doesn’t tag and has a high ceiling, but that’s just it, he could get a tagging job some weeks. That diverted me away, but I think he’ll average 92-95. Could go ten points bigger though. He’d be a hell of a unique if you choose him.

  • This is my first draft, would love to hear any feedback.

    Def: J. Lloyd B. Ellis H. Shaw
    J. Johannisen S. Murray D. Mirra
    (E. Richards, T. Doedee)

    Mid: J. Kelly B. Crouch P. Cripps S. Coniglio
    J. Redden B. Ah Chee C. Rayner L. Davies-Uniacke
    (A. Brayshaw, N. Coffield)

    Ruc: M. Gawn N. Naitanui
    (T. English, D. Cameron)

    Fwd: L. Dahlhaus D. Smith M. Walters
    R. Lobb A. Christensen J. Higgins
    (L. Ryan P. Ahern)

  • RDT, this is definitely not final squad, feedback more than welcome!

    TEAM NAME: PowerAde2018. (Real Dream Team 2018)
    Used: $12,582,200 (99.9%), Remaining: $17,800 (0.1%) On Ground: $11,240,200 (89.2%), On Bench: $1,342,000 (10.7%)
    Expected Total: 1753, Site Expected Total: 2050
    Def: R.Laird (100.41), E.Yeo (98.32), J.Lloyd (92.19), A.Kennedy (45.25), C.O’Shea (28.06), T.Doedee (22.56) (L.Keeffe (22.56), S.Murray (22.56))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (127.17), P.Dangerfield (120.52), Z.Merrett (117.09), S.Coniglio (86.14), J.Redden (83.52), C.Petracca (71.05), J.O’Meara (63.59), P.Dow (33.64) (L.Davies-Uniacke (32.92), D.Fogarty (27.13), T.Kelly (21.34))
    Ruc: S.Jacobs (99.41), M.Gawn (85.83) (D.Cameron (22.56))
    Fwd: C.Wingard (92.22), I.Heeney (92.16), A.Young (55.00), A.Christensen (46.95), H.Bennell (41.85), J.Higgins (23.51) (P.Ahern (22.56), D.Venables (22.56))

  • TEAM NAME: midprice madness..or is it??. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,581,000 (99.8%), Remaining: $19,000 (0.2%) On Ground: $11,204,000 (88.9%), On Bench: $1,377,000 (10.9%)
    Expected Total: 1685, Site Expected Total: 1948
    Def: A.Witherden (85.61), R.Burton (84.20), J.Smith (81.50), T.McDonald (78.95), J.Sicily (74.13), A.McGrath (70.30) (D.Mirra (24.10), J.Smith (24.10))
    Mid: J.Redden (83.35), N.Graham (83.20), T.Scully (81.64), R.Douglas (80.79), C.Petracca (70.87), C.Guthrie (68.75), D.Armitage (65.06), C.Rayner (38.27) (P.Ahern (24.10), N.Freeman (24.10))
    Ruc: B.Preuss (63.08), N.Naitanui (59.11) (O.McInerney (24.10), M.Flynn (24.10))
    Fwd: J.De Goey (79.38), D.Parish (78.10), M.Robinson (76.82), B.Deledio (75.12), K.Jack (74.56), H.Bennell (35.29) (T.English (26.51), W.Rioli (24.10))

  • First go at picking a team. Feedback appreciated

    Team Name: More Chilli (AFL Fantasy 2018)

    Def: R. Laird, M.Hurley, H.Morrison, N. Coffield, C. O’Shea, T Doedee (H. Goddard, J. Smith

    Mid: T. Mitchell, P. Dangerfield, Z. Merrett, D. Zorko, J. Kelly, B. Gibbs, L. Davies-Uniacke, K. Lovell (K. Mutch, H. Wigg)

    Ruc: M. Gawn, N. Naitanui (B. Frampton, D. Cameron)

    Fwd: M. Barlow, M. Robinson, A. Christensen, A. Vandenberg, C. Rayner, J. Higgin (W. Rioli, P. Ahern)

    • As a D’s fan I like the Vanders pick but I dont think he will start best 22.Great MIDS, may one premium light in DEF

    • Gutsy selections in Morrison, Lovell, and VandenBerg. Wouldn’t imagine they’d have good JS. You could drop a mid down to upgrade Morrison and VandenBerg or drop VandenBerg/Morrison to upgrade the other.

  • TEAM NAME: Saad Times Are Over. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,503,000 (99.2%), Remaining: $97,000 (0.8%) On Ground: $11,131,000 (88.3%), On Bench: $1,372,000 (10.9%)
    Expected Total: 1704, Site Expected Total: 2038
    Def: R.Laird (100.21), J.Lloyd (91.99), J.Crisp (88.16), N.Coffield (36.29), E.Richards (34.02), S.Murray (24.10) (A.Morgan (24.10), F.Watson (24.10))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (127.00), Z.Merrett (116.94), D.Martin (113.39), J.Kelly (112.69), M.Crouch (106.59), A.Brayshaw (37.99), P.Dow (37.70), L.Davies-Uniacke (37.42) (J.Worpel (25.80), N.Freeman (24.10))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (85.75), N.Naitanui (59.11) (D.Cameron (24.10), S.Draper (24.10))
    Fwd: J.Billings (94.40), I.Heeney (91.99), M.Robinson (76.82), C.Rayner (38.27), J.Higgins (33.73), W.Powell (33.17) (D.Venables (24.10), P.Ahern (24.10))

    • Nice team. Do you think Richards will play? Haven’t heard much about him. I’d take Adams over Dusty, I think the Collingwood mids should all be great this year because they have to be if they want anything from the season. Powell is interesting, GCS obviously seen something in him to take him first round, but will he play? I don’t think he will. Get him up to Stephenson if he plays.

      • Rookies are obviously just there to fill the team. No one knows who’ll play until round 1 so comenting on that is pointless.
        Im more interested what people think of the premo’s and structure. If the higher price rookies dont play and a 170k bolter comes through i can bolster other lines using the extra money

        • Rightio snappy, maybe you should mention that. 170K rookies are place holders, anything higher than that could be considered a genuine selection.

    • Nice team probably swap Dusty for Danger if you can.

  • R.Laird, J.Lloyd, J.Crisp, A.McGrath, N.Coffield, L.O’Brien (T.Doedee, D.Mirra)

    T.Mitchell, G.Ablett, D.Beams, T.Rockliff, A.Brayshaw, P.Dow, L.Davies-Uniacke, T.Kelly (J.Worpel, M.Crowden)

    S.Jacobs, M.Gawn (B.Miller, M.King)

    M.Barlow, I.Heeney, M.Walters, J.Stringer, J.Higgins, L.Keeffe (D.Venables, P.Ahern

    Normally I favour strong midfields but I actually don’t mind this iteration. I’m pretty confident Brayshaw, Dow, LDU, and Kelly will all score 70+ and have good JS.

    McGrath to breakout, Walters for full time mid, stringer can only go up from that price surely.

  • Ok got a Debate question on mid structure. It seems fwds rucks and def the structure is similar but regardless the overall impact is not the same as the mids.

    So option 1 is 5/0/3 now the 3 rookies will be those expected to play and 2 can be expensive so U-Davies and Bradshaw but the Beaty is the 5 premos are probably top 8 mids for year. That’s only IMO

    Option 2 is 6/0/2 need to drop one of high cost rookies but only need 2 to play. Now though the premos are possibly 4 top 8 and 2 that are close.

    So THOUGHTS?

    so in my stucture it’s really this

    Matt Crouch & Brayshaw & LUD

    Or

    Cripps & Redden & Brayshaw (or LUD don’t matter)

    • This is what I’m thinking at the moment also and strengthening defence, so tough call, I’m kinda in the same boat.

    • Imo 5/3 midfeild is dangerous, theres 600 thousand dollar gap between them and a uber , its hard enough maken 250 of 1 of these guys.(double trade to get up there)

      Def rookies are rubbish at the present moment ,so i’ll go 3/1/2.

      Fwd line is where im gonna try it on, 2/4, with 2 good ruckman . Hope that helps mate

      • Ok then if I go he 5/0/3 option in mids I have $285k left and can upgrade Nic Nat to say Jocobs at best, that said I kinda like Nank as he had awesome finish to year, and is only like 24 (coming into ruck prime) and has had good pre season and now has one full AFL season under his belt and is like $50k cheaper – THOUGHTS

        alternately if I drop say a LUD or Brayshaw to 170k rookie with this 5/0/3 structure I can afford Nat to ANY RUCK I WANT – THOUGHTS?

  • Just playing around with bits and pieces here after work, let me know what you think, better off downgrading a midfielder to Redden and upgrading someone in defence?

    Laird, Lloyd (Syd), Brayshaw (Melb), Coffield, Doedee, Smith (Melb), Mirra, Murrey.
    Mitchell, Z Merrett, Adams, Kelly, M Crouch, Rockliff, Brayshaw (Freo), Davies-Uniacke, Freeman, Wigg.
    Gawn, Naitanui, Flynn, Cameron.
    Billings, Dahlhaus, Lobb, Raynor, Stephenson, Ahern, Venables, Clarke.

    I feel a some what weakish defence and seriously strong midfield, better off slightly weakening the midfield and building up defence?

    Thanks.

    • Tough call how much cash you got?

      – DEF 2/1/3 if you call Brayshaw a mid pricer seems ok and def is hard line atm
      – MID you have 5 maybe 6 keepers here looks great as you say maybe sacrifice of other lines but mids is hwere the points at.
      – Rucks same/same although ive gone off Nat at the moment im thinking his scoring is not there, see my comments above re my structure
      – FWDS 2/1/3 same as def

      Look in honesty I would have a look at who you can afford in either forward or Def then compare that person to firstly the person already there and then against the mid you would sacrifice to get them, and decide is it worth it. I did this exercise and frankly no Def or Fwd jumped out at me and screamed ‘you must have me’ its boring as bat shit down either end

    • I think you’re probably playing with fire going with that defence, but you know what they say about fortune favouring the brave. If the hype is right about Redden is right then I think you’ll be kicking yourself, and even if he doesn’t live up to full potential I think that option will have a better pay off.

      Obviously your rookies will also change around a bit depending debuts but I’d also be really pushing to get Smith off the ground and onto your bench. Not a big scorer at all, not going to be a cash cow, but should get regular games so chuck him on the bench as an insurance policy against donuts.

      • sorry my bad see below DEF is actually 3/1/2

        Cheers on heads up on Smith will bench and or trade out depends on JLT as you say early days but appreciate all feedback.

        You have not mentioned rucks see the teams below from this example although with 2 premo rucks the scoring potential is still less than starting 6 premo mids v 5, that said this is all based on PROJECTED SCORES

      • SORRY YOU ARE REVIEWING FEVS TEAM NOT MINE LOL IGNORE ME

  • OK SO HERES MY 2 TEAMS

    TEAM 1 – – mids 5/0/3 and 2 premo rucks

    Used: $12,552,000 (99.6%), Remaining: $48,000 (0.4%) On Ground: $11,190,000 (88.8%), On Bench: $1,362,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 2083, Site Expected Total: 2077
    Def: R.Laird (102), K.Simpson (101), J.Crisp (95), A.McGrath (86), F.Watson (57), T.Doedee (57) (S.Murray (56), D.Mirra (56))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (125), T.Adams (116), J.Kelly (115), M.Crouch (113), D.Beams (112), A.Brayshaw (70), T.Kelly (66), K.Mutch (60) (J.Smith (58), N.Freeman (60))
    Ruc: B.Grundy (106), M.Gawn (100) (D.Cameron (60), O.McInerney (60))
    Fwd: J.Billings (100), I.Heeney (98), A.Christensen (77), C.Rayner (68), H.Bennell (76), P.Ahern (58) (T.Brown (55), D.Venables (55))

    OK TEAM 2 – MIDS 6/0/2 & RUCKS PREMO AND MID PRICED PLAYER WITH EXPECTED SCORES OF 86

    Used: $12,579,000 (99.8%), Remaining: $21,000 (0.2%) On Ground: $11,217,000 (89%), On Bench: $1,362,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 2095, Site Expected Total: 2093
    Def: R.Laird (102), K.Simpson (101), J.Crisp (95), A.McGrath (86), T.Doedee (57), F.Watson (57) (S.Murray (56), D.Mirra (56))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (125), T.Adams (116), J.Kelly (115), D.Beams (112), P.Cripps (107), J.Redden (98), A.Brayshaw (70), T.Kelly (66) (J.Smith (58), N.Freeman (60))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (100), N.Naitanui (86) (O.McInerney (60), D.Cameron (60))
    Fwd: J.Billings (100), I.Heeney (98), A.Christensen (77), C.Rayner (68), H.Bennell (76), P.Ahern (58) (T.Brown (55), D.Venables (55))

    THOUGHTS? All works fine I guess if Redden and Cripps go at 100-105 so gives me scoring power while upgrading rest of field then at end if they are not top 8 then maybe upgrade

    • 2nd. I don’t personally think Naitanui is going to set the world on fire but he has plenty of value. I feel like the difference between redden and Mutch, is greater than that of Grundy and Naitanui

      • Cheers I think I like option 2 better and have back up plan on Nat if don’t get up.

        I see the value in Nat as priced at 59. And Kelly and Brayshaw are expected to play.

        That said if I go option 2 and swap Simmo to Holui and then Brayshaw and Kelly out for 2 x $170k blokes say Mutch and similar I have enough to upgrade Nat to Nank.

        I like the look of Nank, he finished season very strongly, he now has full AFL season behind him for first time and is training well, remembering this man is under 24 years old at something like 23 and 152 days so coming into his Ruck prime – could he be the next break put ruck and average > 100?

        Thoughts on this? If Nats out I will probably swing this

    • Team #2 forward line will take you 22 rounds to upgrade!

      Good Luck

  • I am thinking about sacrificing a Premo to go 7 in my midfield. Should it be a FWD one or DEF. I don’t find any value in the DEF rookies, so I was thinking FWD. (I will have 3 in one and 2 in the other). Thanks

  • Liam Ryan, Brad Crouch and Mitch Hibberd (6 premo mids, 2 premo fwds)

    vs

    Michael Barlow, LDU and Lochie O’Brien (3 premo fwds, 5 premo mids)

    • Probably option 2. Liam Ryan needs like 3 goals to average 70. As a rookie small forwards I find it hard to believe he’ll get 3 goals a game.

  • Zerrett and BCrouch versus Treloar and Dusty… Which is the better option

  • McLean and B.Crouch
    V
    Lobb and Dangerfield?

    • Very tough. Assuming Lobb gets solo ruck role I’d say option 2 in a close one.

    • My 2 cents, tbh I actually prefer a combo of Brad crouch and Lobb, both have a big potential to improve their averages by atleast 10 points, danger is an uncertainty based on where he’ll actually play come round 1 or later in the season, i dont think he or McClean are worth their price points.

  • Hey peeps

    TEAM NAME: Meow. (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,593,000 (99.9%), Remaining: $7,000 (0.1%) On Ground: $11,233,000 (89.2%), On Bench: $1,360,000 (10.8%)
    Expected Total: 1932, Site Expected Total: 2095
    Def: R.Laird (100), J.Lloyd (95), J.Crisp (88.16), A.McGrath (70.30), S.Murray (24.10), F.Watson (24.10) (T.Doedee (60), J.Smith (60))
    Mid: T.Mitchell (120), P.Dangerfield (120), Z.Merrett (117), J.Kelly (112.69), T.Rockliff (120), J.Redden (83.35), T.Kelly (70), K.Lovell (29.77) (K.Mutch (24.10), N.Freeman (65))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (105), N.Naitanui (85) (D.Cameron (24.10), O.McInerney (24.10))
    Fwd: J.Billings (94.40), I.Heeney (95), A.Christensen (80), H.Bennell (80), L.Ryan (70), D.Venables (24.10) (P.Ahern (24.10), W.Rioli (24.10))

    Managed to fit Heeney in the FWD line, upgraded Robinson.

    Thoughts about this team?

    What do you guys think of Christensen, is he around the 80avg mark player? Worth it?

    Another option I am toying with is:
    A.Christensen – Rayner
    Venables – Higgins
    Makes the FWD line 2 premo 3 rookies and whatever you call Bennell (if playing obviously), but good rookies that should score ok and make cash.

    • Its good to have a good team, If you don’t have great rookies to make cash and cover injured or late out’s then you are screwed I feel this team lacks depth with the rookies you have chosen.

      Murray, Watson, Doedee, Smith, Mutch, Freeman, Ryan, Venables, Ahern and Rioli

      You are relying on most of them to be picked each week and if they are not then you are sideways trading rookies to avoid a donuts and for minimal cash.

      Good Luck

      • Thanks for the feedback.

        $170K rookies are not ideal, but in DEF I honestly cant see any rookies not 170K that will play or have any better JS.
        If you know of some please share.

        I don’t think many rookies from the draft have good JS either, yea Rayner LUD Brayshaw are all top picks but doesn’t mean they have good JS. Higgins will fight for his spot but not guaranteed.

        How much do you spend on your rookies? Do you look at the recent draft, or the year before?

        Iam interested to know, thanks.

        • I have 1 $170k player on field, That’s J.Smith in defence.

          C.Rayner
          L.Davies-Uniacke
          T.Kelly

          Other than the 3 above everyone in my side has played AFL Football.

          Site Expected Total: 2102

          Good Luck

          • Are you banking on O’shea playing? Or Mitch Hibberd?

          • I believe O’Shea will get a game.

            81 games 25 years old hopefully he will be this years Andy Otten!

            Good Luck

  • TEAM NAME: *undecided* (AFL Fantasy 2018)
    Used: $12,593,000 (99.9%), Remaining: $7,000 (0.1%) On Ground: $11,111,000 (88.2%), On Bench: $1,482,000 (11.8%)
    Expected Total: 2177, Site Expected Total: 2100
    Def: M.Hurley (98), J.Lloyd (98), J.Sicily (93), A.Brayshaw (88), C.O’Shea (75), T.Doedee (68) (S.Murray (24.10), D.Mirra (24.10))
    Mid: P.Dangerfield (121), B.Crouch (112), T.Rockliff (114), N.Fyfe (109), C.Blakely (111), L.Dunstan (104), J.O’Meara (92), L.Davies-Uniacke (71) (T.Kelly (67), N.Freeman (24.10))
    Ruc: M.Gawn (101), N.Naitanui (89) (O.McInerney (24.10), D.Cameron (24.10))
    Fwd: J.Billings (98), M.Robinson (94), B.Ah Chee (87), A.Christensen (84), J.Stephenson (72), H.Bennell (77) (J.Higgins (70), P.Ahern (24.10))

    • Expected Total: 2177

      Is that for 2 rounds.?

      Good Luck

      • I’m sorry I didn’t know there was a comedian known as “The Chosen One”.

        • Considering only 1 rookie averaged more than 70 last season (playing more than 5 games) so having 3 in your starting line up is taking the piss right.?

          Thanks for name correction :)

          Good Luck

          • I’d hardly count Bennell or O’Shea as legitimate rookies. Also, if you’ve actually done any decent research into this years rookies, you will notice the scoring potential of many of them, not just the ones in my team.

          • 10* not 5

            Good Luck

          • I didn’t include Bennell or O’Shea.

            Davies-Uniacke
            Stephenson
            Higgins

            Like I said one rookie last season that played more than 10 games averaged 70 or more yet you think you going to have 3 from the start.

            Good Luck in 2018

          • McGrath avg 70
            Powell-pepper 70
            Marchbank 70
            Hoskin-Elliot 85

            All rookies last year

          • Marchbank and WHE hardly classed as rookies, And yes you are right I missed Mcgrath so make that 2 rookies last season who averaged more 70 or more that played 10 games. Still doesn’t change fact thinks he has 3 in his starting line up.

            Good Luck

  • Hi guys another year. I see Champion data ranks the Tigers 9thmond, we’ll take it :P
    I’m looking for opinions on this years breakouts. The guys that are already elite DT in their position but could step up to pig status.

    • I will toss you a smokey that showed up during my research…

      Tom Papley

      2016 60.8
      2017 78.8
      2018 88-92?

      14/18 games were 70 or more.

      Good Luck

      • I prefer Nic Newman who is locked in my team, will guarantee a 100 + season

        • Averaged 2 tons every 7 games, Don’t see him getting to 100 maybe low 90s and priced like he is I think there is better value in defence for less money that will average the same.

          Good Luck

        • Newman is MID only, not DEF

      • You think he could average 88-92 as a forward? I cant say I watched many Sydney games last year but he generally plays as a small forward or high half flanker. Midfield minutes are hard to come by with sydneys list and to average 90 as forward would be an amazing effort for a 3rd year on the park

        • From 2016 to 2017 he went up 18 points per game even if he does “half” that puts him 87 which makes him under priced.

          As I said he just popped up in my research as a player who should average more in 2018 than he did in 2017.

          Good Luck

  • The Chosen Won, just curious in what rookies you’re starting with? Like right now, on the field i have
    Coffield
    Mirra
    Davies-Uniacke
    T. Kelly
    Higgins
    Ahern

    So just curious if you think thats a good amount thats all

    • D 5/6 C.O’Shea (32.74) J.Smith (24.10)…Bench (D.Mirra (24.10), T.Doedee (24.10

      M 7/8 L.Davies-Uniacke (37.42), T.Kelly (31.75)…Bench (H.Wigg (24.10), N.Freeman (24.10))

      F 5/6 A.Christensen (46.92), C.Rayner (38.27)… Bench (P.Ahern (24.10), D.Venables (24.10))

      Ruck don’t matter and Wigg is the only 1 hopefully have to chance come round 1

      Good Luck

    • no love for brayshaw freo?

      • LDU or Brayshaw see which one looks better during preseason and who is a starter round 1.

        Good Luck

  • Brayshaw (D3), Danger (M2) & Christensen (F4), or
    Crisp (D3), Crouch/Beams (D5) & Rayner (F4)

    I’m still not sold on Brayshaw, but he does give me the opportunity to really solidify my mids, and give some extra reliability with Christensen.

    To note; only got 2 def premiums with both, and 3 fwd premos.

    • Brayshaw should return around 85-88 which is a little short for a D3, Meaning as some point he will need to be upgraded.

      Brayshaw 88 Danger 118 Christensen 75 = 281

      Crisp 92 Crouch/Beams 112 Rayner 65 = 269

      Good Luck

  • I’ve been hearing that some prices on the DrawingBoard are wrong? Can someone confirm, and if so, which notable players’ prices are off?

    • not sure but i see it of course includes Griffths from Tigers who retired so this may change things slightly

    • They update it as soon as the teams prices are revealed.

    • To my knowledge the prices were calculated on players averages last year rather than their highest average over their past two years like it’s going to be for fantasy (which, on a side note, is a little ridiculous). Some players also didn’t have their prices discounted due to missed games and the prices seemed to be out by 1000 for the majority of players. All prices are currently bang on to my knowledge.

    • Can confirm RDT prices are correct as per SportsDeck team picker (open for those who have a paid subscription)

      Good Luck

  • Chosen Won, Papley is and wont be considered as a keeper…. so why are you changing your ways and throwing a ‘Smokey’ out there if you only include ‘keepers’ and rookies in your teams…… either you are a hypocritical son of a bitch or you are that hawk cunt trolling everyone with a different name and a profile pic? Am i right?

    • I called him UNDERPRICED dipshit never once said he was a keeper ya fuckin goose. I mean the idea of the game is to identify cheap players and wait for them to go up in price then trade to get players of a higher quality and average.

      I should of know you were clueless after the dismal showing you provided last season.

      Now shower and bed and NO Home and Away tonight for you naughty boy!

      Good Luck

Leave a Reply


To get your own unique avatar for DT Talk comments, please go to www.gravatar.com and sign up with the same email address you have signed up here with.