My Team 2015: Version 1.0

myteamv20articleAs we get the DT Talk pre-season cranking, it’s time to start the My Team posts! Head on over the www.dtlive.com.au and use the Drawing Board to put together your AFL Fantasy Classic, AFL Dream Team (RDT) or SuperCoach team using the prices and positions for this year.

It’s free and easy to sign up and the site will continue to evolve over the pre-season.

Post your teams (via the simple copy and paste on the Drawing Board) in the comments and discuss your fantasy pre-season. Be constructive and as always, give and get! Stay tuned as the Deck of DT will start on Boxing Day!

426 Comments

  • TEAM NAME: Fantasy Draft 1. (AFL Fantasy 2015)
    Used: $9,992,000 (99.9%), Remaining: $8,000 (0.1%) On Ground: $8,925,000 (89.3%), On Bench: $1,067,000 (10.7%)

    Expected Total: 1696, Site Expected Total: 2087

    Def: H.Shaw (80.57), N.Vlastuin (65.37), P.Seedsman (62.19), B.Waters (60.78), R.Henderson (58.13), M.Scharenberg (32.16) (M.Dick (21.20), M.Fuller (21.20))
    Mid: G.Ablett (119.26), B.Crouch (92.58), A.Swallow (89.75), J.Steven (86.75), L.Neale (82.33), S.Selwood (81.10), D.Rich (47.35), I.Heeney (39.93) (N.Freeman (30.74), P.Cripps (28.80))
    Ruc: M.Leuenberger (48.94), M.Kreuzer (43.11) (J.Griffin (22.97), M.King (21.20))
    Fwd: B.Goddard (97.17), B.Deledio (96.82), L.Franklin (94.70), D.Swan (93.82), J.Kelly (69.79), J.Hogan (34.28) (R.Tarrant (21.20), D.Markworth (21.20))

    First time trying out AFL Fantasy but have been a closet follower for years. Wouldn’t mind getting some thoughts? Backline is thin on premiums but didn’t like the look of what was available.

    • wouldn’t touch Shaw ever been burnt to many times, Scharenberg will be lucky to be fit in time recovering from his KNee issues I think August last year.

      mids looks like ur picking players that were down on form last year or had injuries that is risky however it might pay off and make u some coin

      rucks same as everybody else R11 byes and both injury prone howver i’m starting same
      Fwd nice balance and popular choices

      overall not bad but a little risky for me in the middle

      • Thanks Razz, appreciate the feedback.

        My thoughts on the midfield were picking 3rd string mids from teams…guys that won’t get tagged but can still go big. For example, taggers against the Crows will go to Dangerfield, Sloane, maybe even Thompson. Freo – Fyfe and Barlow will get them.

  • Hey guys, this is what my experimentations have yielded so far, would love your thoughts.

    TEAM NAME: Fantasmo. (AFL Fantasy 2015)
    Remaining: $50,000

    Def: M.Hibberd, N.Vlastuin, B.Waters, B.Whitecross, J.Kolodjashnij, J.Hamling (K.Jaksch, J.Watts)
    Mid: T.Rockliff, G.Ablett, M.Barlow, S.Pendlebury, A.Treloar, A.Brayshaw, A.Neal-Bullen, D.Cavka (N.Freeman, P.Cripps)
    Ruc: M.Leuenberger, M.Kreuzer (J.Griffin, M.Cox)
    Fwd: B.Deledio, L.Franklin, D.Swan, J.Kelly, J.Martin, M.Clark (J.Hogan, T.Membrey)

    • Dont mind it at all
      Fwd line like the inclusion of Kelly and Martin the rest are givens
      Rucks i think this is a common play however only problem is R11 byes for both Leuy and Kruez
      Mids first 5 absolute guns however it leaves u with quite a few untried players but saying that with the talent around and pre season we will have a better idea what juniors are going to make it
      Def like u r first 3 not completely sure about whitex and J.K however if they are fully fit and playing will be a sure name in most teams.

    • Im loving that midfield! so much power in there, 2 defence rookies is risky but if those guys don’t get a run someone else probably will anyway, nice team.

  • has anybody heard how Tom Nicholls from the Gold coast is travelling ?
    might be another interesting prospect if fit

    • +1

      He looks as if he’s best 22 from forums I read, however I can’t say with confidence at all how his preseason is tracking.

  • TEAM NAME: A Bugg’s Life. (AFL Fantasy 2015)
    Used: $9,976,000 (99.8%), Remaining: $24,000 (0.2%) On Ground: $8,984,000 (89.8%), On Bench: $992,000 (9.9%)
    Expected Total: 1994, Site Expected Total: 2094
    Def: M.Hibberd (95), S.Docherty (80), B.Waters (81), G.Ibbotson (80), R.Henderson (85), B.Whitecross (45.76) (J.Finlayson (25.09), M.Fuller (21.20))
    Mid: G.Ablett (120), T.Greene (103.00), B.Ellis (96.11), A.Swallow (89.75), J.Steven (86.75), L.Neale (98), D.Rich (82), N.Freeman (72) (R.Atkins (21.20), N.Krakouer (60))
    Ruc: M.Leuenberger (82), M.Kreuzer (82) (J.Griffin (60), M.King (40))
    Fwd: D.Martin (101), B.Goddard (103), D.Swan (105), J.Ziebell (84.81), M.Clark (68), P.Karnezis (34.81) (D.Markworth (55), L.McBean (55))

    Chuck some banter and advice in my direction

    • docherty pick is different, i like it, i’ll be watching him myself.
      mids are solid but im not sure on steven being in there, tough ask to post a nice average playing in that saints team haha i’d think about a switch for him.
      rucks are standard and the fwd line is good. not a bad side

      • I think with Betts, Garlett and Waite all gone from Carlton’s forward line, Walker and Yarren might have to play down there, leaving Docherty and Simpson to work the half-backs.
        Steven is still up in the ari, especially with Coniglio at the same price

  • docherty pick is different, i like it, i’ll be watching him myself.
    mids are solid but im not sure on steven being in there, tough ask to post a nice average playing in that saints team haha i’d think about a switch for him.
    rucks are standard and the fwd line is good. not a bad side

  • everyone is starting luenberger and kreuzer on there field along with too cheap ruckmen. ive got mummy and luenberger, then kreuzer and grifen on my bench. im worried that one of luenberger or kreuzer wont be fit, so i have strong backup. is anyone else doing this?

    • This is Fantasy yeah? I’d still think either go Kreuzer/Leuey or ditch Kreuz as back up ruck altogether. Have Cox and Nankervis, and Ryder in your FWD line for DPP cover.

      • Yeah you make a point, but don’t know who to trade from fwd line. Got swan, ziebell, Adams, Kelly, Steele and Clark. And wouldn’t bellchambers be a better option due to price

  • TEAM NAME: Footy Fanatic. (Dream Team 2015)
    Used: $10,044,500 (99.7%), Remaining: $26,500 (0.3%) On Ground: $8,887,700 (88.3%), On Bench: $1,156,800 (11.5%)
    Expected Total: 1694, Site Expected Total: 2089
    Def: M.Hibberd (89.33), B.Smith (82.19), P.Seedsman (64.12), G.Ibbotson (59.41), B.Waters (47.79), B.Whitecross (39.30) (N.J. Brown (23.46), H.Goddard (21.78))
    Mid: G.Ablett (119.14), D.Beams (107.58), A.Treloar (103.45), R.Griffen (85.58), S.Selwood (81.01), D.Rich (48.00), B.Newton (41.25), N.van Berlo (40.96) (A.Brayshaw (37.72), I.Heeney (24.43), N.Freeman (22.08))
    Ruc: M.Kreuzer (59.00), M.Leuenberger (57.60) (T.Nankervis (22.08))
    Fwd: D.Martin (97.63), D.Swan (93.71), T.Mitchell (78.01), T.Adams (71.33), J.Kelly (69.72), C.Petracca (38.61) (M.Clark (28.81), J.Hogan (24.61))

    What do you guys reckon? First crack at a team for this season.

    • Rookies are a bit early to tell, but consider swapping out N. Brown as more promising rookie DEF options come into play. His DT history is unflattering at best.

      Both Ibbo and Waters in the same team is very risky; I’m leaning towards Waters as Ibbo has had only 2 seasons averaging over 70, and one of them was only slightly above that average. Injury issues and a slightly hampered preseason may hinder too. However, bear in mind that with Johnson hindered by injury issues currently, perhaps Ibbotson may be given a fantasy-friendly role as a “general” of Freo’s backline.

      I personally like the midfield, although it’d be interesting to know why Newton is in. I’d personally downgrade Van Berlo (unless his role is revealed to be fantasy-friendly) to a rookie and upgrade Kreuzer to an established ruck in RDT.

      It’s interesting that you have both Kelly and Adams in the forward line – if both can break established premo territory, you have two bargains but I doubt both will end up as top 6 FWD scorers for 2015. I would personally try to fit another Deledio/Buddy/Goddard type in place of one of them, purely for scoring security (especially important in RDT with limited trades).

      Not a bad team personally, although needless to say I may differ from others’ views.

      • if you’re insistent on keeping that ruckline though, then I’d switch one of Kelly/Adams (preference Adams imo) to Bellchambers/Lycett, to cover an early injury

        • Thanks guys. Yeah Brown is there atm cos the rookie backmen are a little thin. Will look to bring in a youngster when they reveal themselves in Nab.
          Banking on Ibbo going back to that general down back and raising his average considerably, and hopefully Waters can do the same whilst not getting injured. But again will be watching Nab closely.
          Newton’s taken time to develop and was starved of oppurtunities the last couple of years cos of Port midfield strength. But now heading into his 5th year in the system with more opportunities at Melbourne, I reckon he can do a Dom Tyson.
          Yeah unsure on Van Berlo, will wait to see his role in the Nab. But I like the look of Caleb Daniel as a downgrade.
          Also like the look of Kreuzer, but will watch him in Nab.
          Kelly showed some real promise last year so I reckon he could take his game to a new level (think Wingard’s 2nd year but with more midfield time). Not sure on Adams, will wait and see but could am thinking of taking your advice samdiatmh.
          Cheers fellas.

  • Hi guys, would appreciate if you could ‘rank’/assess each midpriced forward option I am currently considering:

    1) Michael Walters (possible increased midfield time, underpriced due to injury)

    2) Taylor Adams (steps up to replace Luke Ball in his own right, Beams gone)

    3) Josh Kelly (sub-omitted average and Griffen in; midfield time could go either way)

    4) Scott Lycett (Replacement for Cox, gradual improvement and consistency potential)

    If it helps, currently my Round 11 and 13 bye split is even, with Walters as the current selection. However, I am open to suggestions.

    Cheers.

    • Walters – underpriced due to injury, but is he capable of the bigger scores? Looks pretty solid for a reasonable 80odd average, but is that enough for you?

      TAdams – Think Greenwood replaces Beams, and then C’wood also bought in Crisp, still questionable JS imo – would be a good scorer, but is he best 22? (particularly with Bucks liking his smaller mids [Bennedy, JThomas])

      Kelly – there’s a writeup already on him right? Think he’s a DT star, but those last few games had me discarding him (too expensive) and think he’ll lose mid time with the acquisition of Griff

      Lycett – should score well with BigCox out of the way now, could be a good option with DPP though, so what format (RDT with Krooz and Leuey as R1 and R2?)

      Ranking:
      Lycett (RDT)
      Walters
      Kelly
      Lycett (AF)
      Adams

      I’d also throw Belly in there too, should score pretty well if he’s the leading ruckman, and is cheap enough to premo some other borderline options (as well as providing that DPP link)

      • thought Kelly was around 50k more expensive than he is, so I’d swap Walters and Kelly in that ranking (marginal call though, think they’ll both be that mid-80s average)

      • Cheers samdiatmh. I think Walters can hit 85-90 and he even spent the time off while injured building his muscle. He will play on the wing and half-forward in stints I’d imagine in an outside role complementing Hill and Pearce.

        You’re right on Adams and Kelly, too many questions on their best 18 creds.

        Lycett is tempting but I don’t quite have the cash. Will watch if Simpson doesn’t implement a 3 ruck strategy.

    • My take on this, players listed below in order of interest:

      1) Lycett (particularly RDT). Underpriced because of West Coast 3 ruck experiment in 2014; should score well in tandem with NicNat as they’re complementary players. No JS issues. Note that if for some bizarre reason Simmo persists with the entirely unsuccessful 3 ruck experiment, avoid him like the plague.

      2) Taylor Adams. Priced at 71, his NVA (non-vested average using Rainman’s vernacular) for 2014 is 81.3. JS could be an issue, although I think there are better options for the green (and red) vest at the Pies. Knock on his disposal, but had his best game for the Pies in round 19 last year before a finger injury saw him miss the rest of the season. He’s in full training now as far as I know.

      3) Josh Kelly. Priced at 69.7, NVA of 81.4. I have concerns over his likelihood to cop the vest – can see him in green a few times as things stand, remembering it’s only his 2nd year at this level – and potential for increased mid time given the plethora of quality midfielders at GWS.

      4) Michael Walters. Priced at 70.8, take out his injury-affected 33 and this rises to 78.4. No issue with JS, but I have concerns over his durability and to be honest I can’t see him getting more mid time as he’s too important to Freo as a small forward; hence, seems unlikely to increase his average significantly. Why do you think he’ll see increased mid time?

      • Cheers guys, a good thread of comments. Bluenosers, you make a great point about the 3 ruck experiment; hopefully Sinclair training the house down doesn’t have a say in that.

        Also, I agree with you about Adams and Kelly about their best 18 creds (or lack of).

        With regards to Walters, he himself has flagged a bit more midfield time but that may be misleading. Is probably more a heart over head selection but will assess closely.

        Bandicoot, my comment was about midpriced forwards :P NicNat isn’t DPP to my knowledge?

    • I would much rather go with NicNat than Lycett. for the sake of an extra $11K I think Nick has a much higher ceiling.

    • Kelly
      Adams
      Walters
      Lycett

  • TEAM NAME: Goofy 2. (AFL Fantasy 2015)
    Used: $9,884,000 (98.8%), Remaining: $116,000 (1.2%) On Ground: $8,752,000 (87.5%), On Bench: $1,132,000 (11.3%)
    Expected Total: 1666, Site Expected Total: 2060
    Def: M.Hibberd (89.40), J.Newnes (81.98), H.Shaw (80.57), H.Lumumba (71.02), B.Waters (60.78), M.Scharenberg (32.16) (Z.Jones (27.74), M.Warren (13.07))
    Mid: G.Ablett (119.26), R.Gray (96.29), B.Crouch (92.58), J.Steven (86.75), R.Griffen (85.69), D.Rich (47.35), I.Heeney (39.93), N.Krakouer (21.20) (J.Steele (40.11), A.Vandenberg (21.20))
    Ruc: M.Leuenberger (48.94), M.Kreuzer (43.11) (M.Cox (21.20), M.King (21.20))
    Fwd: D.Martin (97.70), B.Deledio (96.82), D.Swan (93.82), T.Mitchell (86.75), M.Clark (39.40), P.Karnezis (34.81) (J.Hogan (34.28), K.Lambert (21.20))

    • Shaw to Seedsman/Ibbotson etc.. T Mitchell to Kelly/Adams etc.. Use that money plus your leftover money to upgrade Scharenberg to player that will probs be fit for round 1, and upgrade Gray/crouch to good 600k player if you can

    • Agree with Jake about Shaw much more consistent scorers than him out there and cheaper

      i don’t agree about Mitchell i think it’s a good move if fit he’s in there best 22 and will score well

      i dont know whether grey should be in ur mids either him or boak will be tagged i like the crouch move WILL BE A KEEPER for me as well heaps of upside in him as he has had a full preseason

  • TEAM NAME: Mate. (AFL Fantasy 2015)
    Used: $9,918,000 (99.2%), Remaining: $82,000 (0.8%) On Ground: $8,723,000 (87.2%), On Bench: $1,195,000 (12%)
    Expected Total: 1675, Site Expected Total: 2073
    Def: L.Hodge (97.17), M.Hibberd (89.40), H.Lumumba (71.02), P.Seedsman (62.19), B.Waters (60.78), B.Whitecross (45.76) (M.Dick (21.20), J.Hamling (21.20))
    Mid: T.Rockliff (134.81), G.Ablett (119.26), S.Mitchell (92.93), J.Kelly (69.79), N.van Berlo (48.06), D.Rich (47.35), B.Newton (33.92), N.Freeman (30.74) (I.Heeney (39.93), A.Vandenberg (21.20))
    Ruc: M.Leuenberger (48.94), M.Kreuzer (43.11) (J.Griffin (22.97), M.King (21.20))
    Fwd: B.Deledio (96.82), D.Smith (94.17), D.Swan (93.82), T.Adams (71.38), J.Martin (50.35), M.Clark (39.40) (J.Hogan (34.28), T.Membrey (29.15))

    80k remaining. Haven’t spent too much time on my squad so this is what I have drafted. Some rookies e.g. Martin and Newton starting as they have an easy draw to start with. Thoughts?

  • TEAM NAME: Team Name. (AFL Fantasy 2015)

    Used: $9,996,000 (100%),
    Remaining: $4,000 (0%)
    On Ground: $8,998,000 (90%),
    On Bench: $998,000 (10%)

    Expected Total: 2180,
    Site Expected Total: 2106

    Def: M.Hibberd (95), P.Seedsman (85), B.Waters (85), G.Ibbotson (85), R.Henderson (90), B.Whitecross (80) (M.Dick (50), M.Warren (40))

    Mid: G.Ablett (120), S.Pendlebury (112), J.Selwood (110), T.Greene (110), S.Selwood (100), N.van Berlo (85), D.Rich (90), I.Heeney (70) (N.Krakouer (60), A.Vandenberg (65))

    Ruc: M.Leuenberger (85), M.Kreuzer (85) (J.Griffin (65), M.King (45))

    Fwd: B.Deledio (105), D.Swan (105), T.Mitchell (99), J.Ziebell (99), T.Adams (90), P.Karnezis (75) (J.Hogan (65), K.Lambert (55))

    Any ideas to improve would be helpful thanks

    • This is a really good side.

      The only improvement I can think of is maybe getting rid of Joel Selwood or Toby Greene and replacing them for someone in the 500k-530 price range. That will give you some cap space to upgrade your backline and midfield benches because I don’t see Dick or Krakouer playing too many games and you won’t be able to make money off them.

  • Hi guys,put a bit of though in to this team and gone a bit unique,thought and feedback would be great

    Def-N.Malceski,G.Ibbotson,H.Lumumba,N.Vlaustin,P.Seedsman,Z.Jones(M.Fuller,M.Dick)
    Mid-S.Sidebottom,N.Fyfe,L.Parker,B.Ellis,B.Crouch,D.Rich,N.Van Berlo,J.Steele(N.Freeman.B.Acres)
    Ruck-M.Luenberger,M.Kruezer(M.Cox,M.King)
    Fwds-D.Swan,B.Delidio,B.Goddard,P.Ryder,C.Petracca,M.Clarke(T.Membery,N.Krakour)

    • Like it, Marcus. A bit of uncertainty around guys returning from injury like Van Berlo (with a new coach) and Rich but everyone is going with them at this stage and your uniques should still be able to deliver solid points.

      How much cash do you have left?

  • This is for fantasy

  • TEAM NAME: OneWinWonders. (AFL Fantasy 2015)
    Used: $9,904,000 (99%), Remaining: $96,000 (1%) On Ground: $8,422,000 (84.2%), On Bench: $1,482,000 (14.8%)
    Expected Total: 1622, Site Expected Total: 1946
    Def: N.Malceski (92.05), M.Hibberd (89.40), J.Newnes (81.98), N.Vlastuin (65.37), B.Waters (60.78), M.Fuller (21.20) (K.Jaksch (32.86), N.J. Brown (25.09))
    Mid: T.Rockliff (134.81), B.Deledio (96.82), D.Swan (93.82), J.Kelly (69.79), S.Kerridge (50.88), A.Neal-Bullen (31.10), P.Cripps (28.80), D.Cavka (25.09) (M.Hallahan (60.95), N.Krakouer (21.20))
    Ruc: P.Ryder (88.52), T.Goldstein (87.63) (T.Nankervis (31.45), K.Brooksby (21.20))
    Fwd: B.Goddard (97.17), R.Gray (96.29), T.Mitchell (86.75), M.Clark (39.40), T.Membrey (29.15), K.Lambert (21.20) (P.Karnezis (34.81), J.Hogan (34.28))

    Thoughts??

    • First time i’ve seen 2 premo rucks from memory, won’t have to worry about kreuzer/leuy going down injured haha. i like the defence actually, as long as you get a D6 rookie in there that plays that will look good. I would say the biggest room for improvement is mids, an upgrade is needed in there imo, maybe on kelly

      • yeah that D6 was just there as i am not 100% sure. i am surprised so many people are going kruezer/luey to be honest. both have a good track record of breaking down and i think with Martin stepping up at Brisbane last year Luey has fallen back to #2

  • TEAM NAME: Jacks sparrows. (AFL Fantasy 2015)
    Used: $9,970,000 (99.7%), Remaining: $30,000 (0.3%) On Ground: $8,909,000 (89.1%), On Bench: $1,061,000 (10.6%)
    Expected Total: 1694, Site Expected Total: 2070
    Def: K.Simpson (92.05), N.Malceski (92.05), B.Waters (60.78), G.Ibbotson (59.36), B.Whitecross (45.76), M.Scharenberg (32.16) (M.Fuller (21.20), M.Dick (21.20))
    Mid: G.Ablett (119.26), S.Pendlebury (108.48), N.Fyfe (102.30), A.Swallow (89.75), R.Griffen (85.69), D.Rich (47.35), N.Freeman (30.74), P.Cripps (28.80) (B.Acres (29.33), N.Krakouer (21.20))
    Ruc: S.Mumford (92.58), N.Naitanui (72.97) (J.Griffin (22.97), M.Cox (21.20))
    Fwd: B.Goddard (97.17), B.Deledio (96.82), D.Swan (93.82), C.Petracca (52.47), M.Clark (39.40), J.Hogan (34.28) (T.Membrey (29.15), K.Lambert (21.20))

    How this for my first team this year?

    Cheers boys :)

    • like the team before you, you have strong rucks which is different to most people. all round really solid team I think, gaz, pendles and fyfe cant go wrong there, not convinced by the attack dog griffen at all but thats just my opinion. Swallow should be 100+ ave this season so nice pick there

  • Hey guys, is Devon smith a go! He is in my forward at the moment

    • personally I don’t think he will beat his average from last year, He should get close to it though

      • Agreed. Griffen in could hinder his mid minutes or reduce attention on him. Could go either way but an upgrade target for me, lest you desperately need a R13 bye FWD.

  • TEAM NAME: JUSTGONNADOMINATE. (AFL Fantasy 2015)
    Used: $9,956,000 (99.6%), Remaining: $44,000 (0.4%) On Ground: $8,597,000 (86%), On Bench: $1,359,000 (13.6%)
    Expected Total: 1638, Site Expected Total: 2052
    Def: M.Hibberd (89.40), H.Lumumba (71.02), B.Waters (60.78), G.Ibbotson (59.36), B.Whitecross (45.76), N.J. Brown (25.09) (Z.Jones (27.74), M.Warren (13.07))
    Mid: G.Ablett (119.26), S.Pendlebury (108.48), N.Fyfe (102.30), B.Crouch (92.58), R.Griffen (85.69), S.Selwood (81.10), N.van Berlo (48.06), D.Rich (47.35) (I.Heeney (39.93), N.Freeman (30.74))
    Ruc: M.Leuenberger (48.94), M.Kreuzer (43.11) (T.Bellchambers (49.65), J.Griffin (22.97))
    Fwd: B.Goddard (97.17), B.Deledio (96.82), D.Swan (93.82), M.Clark (39.40), J.Hogan (34.28), T.Membrey (29.15) (P.Karnezis (34.81), D.Markworth (21.20))

    First team of the year, thoughts would be great
    Cheers

  • Solid start but do think having freeman would be a good option on field as no guarantee to play or accumulate points. Also don’t think griffo will impress. Maybe downgrade griffo and upgrade freeman?? Having hogan, clark and membrey on field is very risky so try to uprgrade 1 to a adams or kelly or if have cash a premo. I think bellchambers on the bench is a waste so u could use him upfront and downgrade Clark.
    Aside from those points your team is very good but may be too safe with the chosen players?? They are all highly selected on other teams. A POD is key to have in all teams

    • TEAM NAME: JUSTGONNADOMINATE. (AFL Fantasy 2015)
      Used: $9,811,000 (98.1%), Remaining: $189,000 (1.9%) On Ground: $8,682,000 (86.8%), On Bench: $1,129,000 (11.3%)
      Expected Total: 1653, Site Expected Total: 2083
      Def: M.Hibberd (89.40), P.Seedsman (62.19), B.Waters (60.78), G.Ibbotson (59.36), R.Henderson (58.13), B.Whitecross (45.76) (M.Dick (21.20), M.Warren (13.07))
      Mid: G.Ablett (119.26), S.Pendlebury (108.48), N.Fyfe (102.30), B.Crouch (92.58), S.Selwood (81.10), N.van Berlo (48.06), D.Rich (47.35), I.Heeney (39.93) (N.Freeman (30.74), A.Vandenberg (21.20))
      Ruc: M.Leuenberger (48.94), M.Kreuzer (43.11) (J.Griffin (22.97), M.King (21.20))
      Fwd: B.Goddard (97.17), B.Deledio (96.82), D.Swan (93.82), J.Martin (50.35), T.Bellchambers (49.65), M.Clark (39.40) (P.Karnezis (34.81), J.Hogan (34.28))

      Is this an improvement, have a bit of cash handy as well

  • Freeman wouldn’t be a good option on field*******

  • Brown wouldn’t be a good option on field******

  • TEAM NAME: Jacks sparrows. (AFL Fantasy 2015)
    Used: $9,974,000 (99.7%), Remaining: $26,000 (0.3%) On Ground: $8,916,000 (89.2%), On Bench: $1,058,000 (10.6%)
    Expected Total: 1695, Site Expected Total: 2101
    Def: M.Hibberd (89.40), P.Seedsman (62.19), B.Waters (60.78), G.Ibbotson (59.36), R.Henderson (58.13), B.Whitecross (45.76) (M.Dick (21.20), M.Fuller (21.20))
    Mid: G.Ablett (119.26), S.Pendlebury (108.48), N.Fyfe (102.30), A.Swallow (89.75), S.Selwood (81.10), N.van Berlo (48.06), D.Rich (47.35), I.Heeney (39.93) (P.Cripps (28.80), N.Krakouer (21.20))
    Ruc: M.Leuenberger (48.94), M.Kreuzer (43.11) (J.Griffin (22.97), M.King (21.20))
    Fwd: B.Deledio (96.82), D.Swan (93.82), T.Mitchell (86.75), J.Ziebell (84.81), J.Kelly (69.79), M.Clark (39.40) (T.Membrey (29.15), K.Lambert (21.20))

    Thoughts on my team. I have put lots of thought into it.

    Cheers :)

    Thoughts?

  • TEAM NAME: Pezzendon. (Super Coach 2015)
    Used: $9,948,300 (99.5%), Remaining: $51,700 (0.5%) On Ground: $8,937,300 (89.4%), On Bench: $1,011,000 (10.1%)
    Expected Total: 1798, Site Expected Total: 2106
    Def: K.Simpson (95.37), M.Hibberd (91.41), J.Kelly (88.82), B.Waters (49.69), B.Whitecross (36.95), H.Goddard (22.75) (D.Moore (33.90), D.McKenzie (21.82))
    Mid: G.Ablett (136.62), T.Liberatore (110.32), D.Heppell (106.34), T.Cotchin (101.64), O.Wines (100.28), J.Steven (84.79), D.Rich (64.78), N.O’Brien (23.04) (N.Freeman (23.04), M.Dick (23.04), N.Krakouer (19.88))
    Ruc: N.Naitanui (90.81), M.Leuenberger (66.58) (M.Cox (19.04))
    Fwd: B.Deledio (102.90), J.Roughead (95.72), D.Swan (86.39), T.Bellchambers (56.26), M.Clark (28.86), J.Steele (21.82) (J.Hogan (24.25), D.Markworth (23.04))

  • TEAM NAME: mock up. (AFL Fantasy 2015)
    Used: $9,991,000 (99.9%), Remaining: $9,000 (0.1%) On Ground: $8,820,000 (88.2%), On Bench: $1,171,000 (11.7%)
    Expected Total: 2084, Site Expected Total: 2050
    Def: L.Hodge (100), M.Hibberd (95), B.Smith (90), B.Waters (85), B.Whitecross (75), Z.Jones (55) (N.J. Brown (45), M.Dick (50))
    Mid: G.Ablett (120), O.Wines (100), L.Neale (100), S.Selwood (105), W.Langford (85), J.Caddy (90), D.Rich (85), P.Cripps (68) (E.Kavanagh (60), N.Krakouer (65))
    Ruc: S.Mumford (98), M.Kreuzer (85) (M.Leuenberger (85), J.Griffin (65))
    Fwd: D.Martin (102), R.Gray (101), D.Swan (105), J.Kelly (85), M.Clark (70), J.Hogan (65) (K.Lambert (55), D.Markworth (55))

    Any feedback appreciated – I know the mids are a risk but they all finished the season very strong

  • TEAM 1

    (AFL Fantasy 2015)
    Expected Total: 1707, Site Expected Total: 2101

    Def: K.Simpson (92.05), M.Hibberd (89.40), P.Seedsman (62.19), B.Waters (60.78), G.Ibbotson (59.36), B.Whitecross (45.76) (M.Fuller (21.20), M.Warren (13.07))

    Mid: G.Ablett (119.26), S.Pendlebury (108.48), N.Fyfe (102.30), A.Swallow (89.75), S.Selwood (81.10), N.van Berlo (48.06), D.Rich (47.35), I.Heeney (39.93) (P.Cripps (28.80), N.Krakouer (21.20))

    Ruc: M.Leuenberger (48.94), M.Kreuzer (43.11) (J.Griffin (22.97), M.King (21.20))

    Fwd: B.Goddard (97.17), B.Deledio (96.82), D.Swan (93.82), J.Kelly (69.79), C.Petracca (52.47), M.Clark (39.40) (T.Membrey (29.15), K.Lambert (21.20))

    Or

    TEAM 2

    Expected Total: 1695, Site Expected Total: 2101

    Def: M.Hibberd (89.40), P.Seedsman (62.19), B.Waters (60.78), G.Ibbotson (59.36), R.Henderson (58.13), B.Whitecross (45.76) (M.Dick (21.20), M.Fuller (21.20))

    Mid: G.Ablett (119.26), S.Pendlebury (108.48), N.Fyfe (102.30), A.Swallow (89.75), S.Selwood (81.10), N.van Berlo (48.06), D.Rich (47.35), I.Heeney (39.93) (P.Cripps (28.80), N.Krakouer (21.20))

    Ruc: M.Leuenberger (48.94), M.Kreuzer (43.11) (J.Griffin (22.97), M.King (21.20))

    Fwd: B.Deledio (96.82), D.Swan (93.82), T.Mitchell (86.75), J.Ziebell (84.81), J.Kelly (69.79), M.Clark (39.40) (T.Membrey (29.15), K.Lambert (21.20))

    Which team is a better setup? These are my first 2 teams. Atm I like team 2

    Thoughts?

    Cheers :)

    • comparison:
      Simpson + Goddard + Petracca
      vs
      Rhenderson + Titchell + Ziebell

      verdict:
      Simpson’s 30s and Goddard late-season has me hating them, so I’m going with Team 2

  • TEAM NAME: baroneblues. (Dream Team 2015)
    Used: $10,056,200 (99.9%), Remaining: $14,800 (0.1%) On Ground: $9,104,200 (90.4%), On Bench: $952,000 (9.5%)
    Expected Total: 2098, Site Expected Total: 2109
    Def: M.Hibberd (90), J.Kelly (90), E.Yeo (85), G.Ibbotson (85), B.Waters (80), B.Whitecross (75) (A.Johnson (40), M.Scharenberg (50))
    Mid: T.Rockliff (120), G.Ablett (120), D.Heppell (115), N.Fyfe (115), P.Dangerfield (110), D.Rich (85), N.van Berlo (80), N.Freeman (50) (C.Ellis-Yolmen (40), M.Dick (40), K.Lambert (40))
    Ruc: M.Kreuzer (80), M.Leuenberger (80) (M.Cox (18.23))
    Fwd: B.Goddard (100), B.Deledio (105), D.Swan (105), P.Ryder (90), C.Petracca (60), M.Clark (50) (J.Hogan (40), N.Krakouer (40))

  • I’m thinking that with the exceptions of Rich and maybe Freeman there are virtually no midfield cash cows.

    Am I missing anyone?

  • You need at least 1 of Kreuzer and/or luenberger

  • Hey guys, just thinking about how everyone talking about Kreuzer and Luenberger being locks. I agree with that but wouldn’t Bellchambers also be in their category as he is around the same price and is available as a fwd?

    • Belly hasn’t quite performed as well in the past, which is why some are overlooking him (only once over 80, whereas Leuey has broken it twice [with a 92 one year] and Kreuzer has broken it once [but 2-3 high 70s])
      and is he #1 ruck, or is it Giles?

      As for me, he’s nestled in my fwds at F5, particularly when I’m going the option of NOT having Ryder in there

      • Yeah exactly what I’m having. Samdiatmh. F5 and then mason Shaw in my R4. Thanks for the help

  • ANother question, what premium FWD’s would be recommended. I need three. Now I have swan which is probably a lock, Goddard and Deledio are replaceable, mainly by Gray, Martin and smith

  • I posted my AFL Fantasy team yesterday I think, this is what my RDT team looks like, would love some thoughts on it.

    TEAM NAME: Team #4 (Dream Team 2015)
    Used: $10,037,500, Remaining: $33,500

    Def: L.Hodge, N.Malceski, M.Hibberd, N.Vlastuin, B.Waters, B.Whitecross (D.Moore, S.Durdin)
    Mid: T.Rockliff, G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, A.Treloar, D.Rich, I.Heeney, B.Boekhorst, N.Freeman (D.Cavka, A.Neal-Bullen, K.Lambert)
    Ruc: S.Jacobs, W.Minson (M.Cox)
    Fwd: B.Deledio, L.Franklin, D.Swan, J.Martin, M.Clark, P.Karnezis (T.Membrey, J.Hogan)

    • why does my RDT side not look that good :(

      • oh wait, I’ve stacked my mids

        not too keen on Hodge, is his 2012 likely to reappear again?
        think there’s a bit of a risk with Ceski, but “premo” defs are pretty rare, so you might be onto a good thing

        can’t beat those 3 mids
        but Treloar can be irritating (often gets 30 points at HT before getting to around 90)

        would recommend one of Belly/Krooz/Leuey for your rucks, but feel that you’re expecting an early injury, so can’t fault that thought (you’re a bit screwed if Minson misses though [mnore likely to be])

        I have question marks over Jmart, so might look elsewhere
        and is Karny guarenteed games? He’s blacklisted for mind over his 2013 sucker preseason (might be Voss induced though)

        not commenting on rooks, but some I’d say have questionable JS (Heeney, Cavka to name 2, and Moore won’t score that well being a KPP)

  • Dream Team Talk blog

    TEAM NAME: Turtle Sandwich. (AFL Fantasy 2015)
    Used: $10,000,000 (100%), Remaining: $0 (0%) On Ground: $8,727,000 (87.3%), On Bench: $1,273,000 (12.7%)
    Expected Total: 1661, Site Expected Total: 2072
    Def: J.Newnes (81.98), E.Yeo (63.07), P.Seedsman (62.19), B.Waters (60.78), G.Ibbotson (59.36), B.Whitecross (45.76) (H.Goddard (41.70), J.McGuinness (25.09))
    Mid: G.Ablett (119.26), M.Barlow (110.78), S.Pendlebury (108.48), M.Priddis (107.95), N.Fyfe (102.30), D.Rich (47.35), I.Heeney (39.93), N.Freeman (30.74) (B.Acres (29.33), A.Vandenberg (21.20))
    Ruc: M.Leuenberger (48.94), M.Kreuzer (43.11) (J.Griffin (22.97), M.King (21.20))
    Fwd: B.Deledio (96.82), L.Franklin (94.70), D.Swan (93.82), J.Martin (50.35), M.Clark (39.40), P.Karnezis (34.81) (J.Hogan (34.28), T.Membrey (29.15))

    First attempt. Very mid priced defence. Spent every cent so decided to go with it. Thoughts?

  • Dream Team Talk blog

    TEAM NAME: 8/1/15n2. (Dream Team 2015)
    Used: $10,059,800 (99.9%), Remaining: $11,200 (0.1%) On Ground: $9,169,900 (91.1%), On Bench: $889,900 (8.8%)
    Expected Total: 1744, Site Expected Total: 2074
    Def: L.Hodge (97.17), K.Simpson (92.01), H.Lumumba (71.05), P.Seedsman (64.12), G.Ibbotson (59.41), D.Moore (32.41) (J.Kelly (22.08), J.McGuinness (20.89))
    Mid: G.Ablett (119.14), M.Barlow (110.72), J.Lewis (109.62), A.Treloar (103.45), J.Kelly (69.72), M.Bontempelli (69.19), D.Rich (48.00), N.Freeman (22.08) (D.Cavka (20.89), B.Payne (18.23), C.Adamson (18.23))
    Ruc: M.Kreuzer (59.00), M.Leuenberger (57.60) (K.Brooksby (18.23))
    Fwd: D.Martin (97.63), D.Smith (94.05), D.Swan (93.71), L.Dahlhaus (87.24), C.Petracca (38.61), M.Clark (28.81) (J.Steele (20.89), M.Cox (18.23))

  • Supercoach
    DEF: Smith, Hibberd, Newnes, Ibbotson, Waters, Whitecross (Brown, Goddard)
    MID: Pendlebury, Fyfe, Dangerfield, Wines, Griffen, Rich, Van Berlo, Newton (Brayshaw, Heeney, Freeman)
    RUCK: Naitanui, Leuenberger (Nankervis)
    FWD: Deledio, Goddard, Swan, Petracca, Clark, Hogan (Daniel, Steele)

    What does everybody reckon of my first draft of the season? Not sure on Ibbotson and the rookie defenders, but I’m sure time and the Nab will reveal more. Also not sure on the 5 forward rookies, but they allow me to have Naitanui instead of Kreuzer, and Pendlebury and Fyfe.
    Pendlebury/Fyfe vs Ablett/Watson? I reckon the former just shades the latter, but interested in what everybody thinks!
    Appreciate any feedback. Cheers!

  • TEAM NAME: mickgee2. (Dream Team 2015)
    Used: $10,063,400 (99.9%), Remaining: $7,600 (0.1%) On Ground: $9,146,800 (90.8%), On Bench: $916,600 (9.1%)
    Expected Total: 1740, Site Expected Total: 2099
    Def: M.Hibberd (89.33), E.Yeo (63.08), G.Ibbotson (59.41), B.Waters (47.79), B.Whitecross (39.30), D.Moore (32.41) (J.Kelly (22.08), H.Goddard (21.78))
    Mid: G.Ablett (119.14), S.Pendlebury (108.43), A.Treloar (103.45), T.Greene (102.94), O.Wines (91.23), D.Rich (48.00), B.Newton (41.25), N.van Berlo (40.96) (N.Freeman (22.08), K.Lambert (18.23), A.Saad (18.23))
    Ruc: M.Kreuzer (59.00), M.Leuenberger (57.60) (M.Cox (18.23))
    Fwd: B.Goddard (97.17), B.Deledio (96.78), D.Swan (93.71), P.Ryder (88.61), T.Adams (71.33), J.Kelly (69.72) (C.Daniel (20.89), J.Steele (20.89))

    • any feed back would be good first time on this site

    • IMO there’s a greater depth of rooks in the forwards than backs, so I’d look to upgrade the defender Kelly to a premium. To get the money I’d downgrade Adams or Kelly (I’d drop Adams) to a Hogan/Clark/Petracca. You could even go Ryder down to Bellchambers for more money, cos I don’t see Ryder improving on his average much playing 2nd to Lobbe, whereas Bellchambers will most likely make you money.
      I like the Wines pick, but probably more of a supercoacher than fantasy. Also, in my opinion if you have the money, I’d look at upgrading/swapping Yeo or Ibbotson to Seedsman or a premium.

  • Gone for a fairly mid price side, think there is a lot of good value in the Def, Mids and Rucks.

    DEF: B.Smith, Higgins, Vlastuin, Waters, Ibbotson, Whitecross (Z.Jones, Marsh)
    MID: Ward, Ellis, Griffen, Steven, Caddy, Wells, Van Berlo, Rich (Vandenberg, Dumont)
    RUC: Leuenberger, Kreuzer (Griffen Cox)
    FWD: Martin, Goddard, Deledio, Swan, Adams, Bellchambers (Reid, Krakouer)

    Cash left: $7000

  • TEAM NAME: You’veGotNoFans . (Dream Team 2015)
    Used: $10,022,300 (99.5%), Remaining: $48,700 (0.5%) On Ground: $8,996,900 (89.3%), On Bench: $1,025,400 (10.2%)
    Expected Total: 2034, Site Expected Total: 2107
    Def: N.Malceski (98), M.Hibberd (95), S.Savage (66.87), G.Ibbotson (86), B.Waters (74), B.Whitecross (74) (Z.Jones (27.75), J.McGuinness (20.89))
    Mid: G.Ablett (123), M.Barlow (110.72), D.Beams (116), A.Treloar (112), T.Mitchell (78.01), D.Rich (86), N.van Berlo (77), P.Cripps (36.34) (J.Anderson (26.75), N.Freeman (67), K.Lambert (67))
    Ruc: M.Kreuzer (85), M.Leuenberger (84) (T.Nankervis (22.08))
    Fwd: D.Martin (97.63), B.Goddard (103), R.Gray (102), D.Swan (110), M.Clark (72), P.Karnezis (24.84) (J.Hogan (55), N.Krakouer (64))