Voting is now open for the DT TALK Golden Stubby for Round 8. This coveted prize will be awarded to the player who excelled on the weekend, taking into account price, form, opponent and whatever else tickles your fancy!
This weeks nominations (collected by @WarnieDT through Twitter) are:
- Kyal Horsley (108). Probably unlucky not to have won last week, the Horse now has three 100+ scores to his name out of his 4 games (his other was a 95)! What more does the young man have to do?
- Patrick Dangerfield (142). Danger was a bit of a smokey pick for a few and has come through a few times for his coaches. This week he was dominant against the Blues racking up 35 touches and kicking 2 goals.
- Brett Deledio (160). The medal winner in the Dreamtime at the ‘G game started beautifully and kept it up the whole game to top score for the night. Everyone has him, so it was nice of Lids to help push our scores a little higher.
- Beau Waters (119). While it isn’t the hugest of scores, Waters apparently did a little hamstring in the warm up of the game and was looking like being a late, late withdrawal… he told the trainers and doctors to get stuffed and busted out for a massive game. Respect!
- Steele Sidebottom (139). Arguably the most inform forward (and midfielder) in the competition at the moment… has scored 109+ over the last 6 weeks. Absolute machine!
Who deserves the Golden Stubby for Round 8
- Kyal Horsley (30%, 963 Votes)
- Patrick Dangerfield (29%, 938 Votes)
- Brett Deledio (27%, 866 Votes)
- Beau Waters (8%, 257 Votes)
- Steele Sidebottom (7%, 218 Votes)
Total Voters: 3,240
Unlucky to not get a gig in the poll: Darren Pfeiffer, Daniel Merrett (really… we won’t put in such a DT irrelevant player in this poll), Tom Rockliff, Orren Stephenson, Dayne Zorko.
Stay tuned for the results. If you are a beer company looking at this, we’re looking for a sponsor of this awesome award (and much more brilliant exposure). Please contact us if you are a beer company and want to get on board!