The Friday Scramble

The Friday Scramble: Round 8

Don’t look too soon, we could have another low scoring round on our hands with some guns missing this week!

Bit of a horror week in round 7 for coaches but if you managed to dodge a few of the bullets then you could have rocketed up the rankings! If you had a poor week don’t stress as everyone has a down week sometimes. All we can do is look forward and tackle this week as it comes (and looking at selections it hasn’t gotten any easier). We have a few issues to deal with but it wouldn’t be Fantasy Footy if this game was easy… so Let’s Scramble!!

When do we cash in a Cow?

We have reached that part of the season where we need to start cashing in our Rookies and the never ending question is when do I cash them in. This is generally a fairly easy answer. You cash in the guys that have a Break Even that is equal to or higher than their average. Sometimes you can’t do this as you have other issues to deal with. When that happens I will look at who will do the least damage to their value if I keep them. There is never a perfect time to cash in one of your cows, but you just have to look at what is the best move for you. Sometimes the guy you trade out will have a blinder next week and burn you but sometimes you get it just right. So if you can win more than 50% of those situations it is a good thing.

We have a very interesting case study this week. If you are still holding Zak Butters, which many RDT and SC players would be, most people were planning to trade him out this week. However, with him being omitted this week you may not need to trade him just yet. The key is that he will not change in price since he won’t play. So if you have other bigger issues to deal with or if you don’t have an obvious trade in for him, then you could leave him to sit on your bench for another week whilst you deal with other problems.

Then we have another interesting one and that is Sam Walsh in AF he has a BE of 85 and an  average of 95, in RDT he has a BE of 103 and an average of 95 and lastly in SC his BE is 97 and an average of 95. There has been a lot of talk this week about trading him out because he has maxed out in price. But, a consideration that I have here is that he is scoring really well and whilst he may drop a few dollars he is providing points. If you are downgrading him and have to play someone like Gibbons or Setterfield on field instead then you could be sacrificing too many points. With a guy like him, I will leave him to be my last upgrade or even keep him on my bench as cover. He is going to play the vast majority of the season. At the very least I intend keeping him until the Carlton bye round.

#AskDunny

So a lot of the questions that people asked me this week became redundant after teams came out with Hately beingng dropped. Anyway, here are a couple of them…

Love a two parter! When looking at the first part of your question there you need to look at a couple of things. The BE and also the matchup. Their BE’s are pretty much the same in AF so next we look at their matchups. Treloar has Carlton and Boak has the Crows. So based on that Treloar should have a field day. Grab Boak next week.

This is The Question this week. Now at this point we know that Danger  is named and Chris Scott will give him right up until the last minute and let’s be honest, they LOVE a late out! So I fully expect him to be not playing. Up front, in RDT and SC we hold, no questions asked. In AF however, you do have a choice to make. If you are thinking he will miss then you could trade him out. We have talked about this strategy a number of times and it can be a very risky one or a very fruitful one. However, in this case Danger has made this a little easier for us. His poor score last week has boosted his BE so trading him out his week is not as big an issue as it could otherwise be. If he plays he probably still drops in value and you can get him back again at a cheaper price. Whether he plays or not you could probably make some cash. But, just be aware that we know sometimes we have other issues to deal with and it can make getting him back in a bit harder than we think.

The upshot? Well it is personal choice but given the BE this isn’t one of those times we hold in AF without question.

I say go get him. His BE is sitting at 86 so not a big target for him and against North he should have a big game. I don’t think the Roos will tag him but I wouldn’t be making my trade in decision based on a tag from North. Hutchings maybe but not Ziebell. North need him to go get the footy.

If you have both Ebert and Danger in your forward line I am going to guess that your bench isn’t going to cut it. So in that case I would say you probably could trade one of them out this week. Both have pretty high BE’s. In this case I think I trade Danger, only because we know that Ebert is a concussion and he should be back into things next week but with an MCL Danger could take a bit longer to get back to his best.

Selection Table

Massive night at the selection table this week and it has huge implications for Draft teams particularly with a lot of players that aren’t necessarily on Classic teams but very draft relevant being dropped either through injury or omission.  Here are my thoughts on some of the key ins and outs.

Jordan Ridley – He has been omitted and as a result of that and his BE being fairly high then he could be traded out.
Brayden Ham – comes back in for his second game. Could be a downgrade for RDT and SC players next week if he goes well.
Lachlan Young – Retained his spot with Suckling coming back into the side as Dickson was omitted. This is a big win for us.
Noah Answerth – Also retained his spot with Bailey coming back into the side. This is another win for us.
Will Setterfield – Returns this week after a good week in the VFL. He has some cash to make so keep him for now.
Dayne Beams and Taylor Adams – Both missing for the Pies so this should really benefit Treloar, Sidebottom and Pendles.
Brayden Fiorini – out Injured! He has been putting together his best and most consistent season. Not in a lot of classic teams but highly selected player in draft.
Zak Butters – Out omitted as I mentioned above. We all suspected this but you can hold him if you want to as his price won’t drop this week.
Ebert and Wines – Both out as we already knew. Hold Ebert as it is just one week but Wines out for 4-6 says must trade.
Constable – is named on the end of the extended bench and given Chris Scott’s comments during the week I don’t expect to see him play.
Brett Bewley– is named first in the extended bench! Could we actually see him play? Will come into my AF side if he does.
Scrimshaw – is back after a week off. Don’t expect too much though.
Jackson Hately – DROPPED AGAIN! Seriously Leon what are you doing? This kid can play! Yes you have a team of guns but five him a chance!
Shane Mumford – Injured. Or is he? Doesn’t appear on the official injury list on the AFL site (but not that that thing is updated often enough). Could it just be that the 9 free kicks against caught up to him?
Lachie Whitfield – misses another week! I am still holding him.

Things To Remember

• Have some Bench Cover! Late outs are likely this week up forward if you have Danger! We know they love doing it so be prepared for it.
  • If you do end up trading Danger out be ready for the fact you may have bigger issues later on and it may take a week or two to get him back.
  • Not all rookies have to get traded out because their BE is close to their score. Look at what your other players will score for you first.

Bit of an odd week this week, we were all prepared with our trades then we have a huge night at selection! We had some ordinary scoring last week and I am predicting early that we will see more of the same this week! Just be ready for it.  Hope you all have a good weekend and see you all again next Friday!

anth80

May 10, 2019 at 6:45 am

Dunny.

Would you trade Whitfield this week after I held him last week in AF? Or hold him and play Young on field? If I trade him I will get Daniel?

Nathan Youngman

May 10, 2019 at 12:38 pm

Gotta hold if you did last week. Upgrade around him but that’s tough, only reason I traded him last week. Worries about it becoming two weeks on the sidelines.

Toasted

May 10, 2019 at 7:22 am

I have both Whitfield and Dangerfield ( both fields). I am inclined to hold both while I can improve my team. Constable to Corbett and Libba to Trelor. It is not an exact science. Any thoughts?

anth80

May 10, 2019 at 10:09 am

I’m in the same boat mate.
      I’ve got Adams aswell. Wilkie to Corbett and Adams to Boak.
      Young on for Whitfield and Danger into mids and Hayes emergency for him.

May 10, 2019 at 10:24 am

anth80

May 10, 2019 at 11:47 am

You’re saying to hold Whit?
        Or I could go Whitfield to Daniel and Adams to Boak?
        What’s better?

Sammy B

May 10, 2019 at 1:13 pm

I was thinking that but with no rookies coming through this week I’m inclined to trade Whitfield hold danger and trade liberatore, bringing in Treloar and Merrett. I’ll go petruc down to Corbett next week try . Just a personal thing for me as I don’t think there’s a rush on Corbett and I like seeing rookies before I jump on so without any being named . Was going to trade Whitfield last week but moved constable instead more. For me potentially having two premiums out is a bit much last week we got lucky with our cover and still had a shit week, just the way I’m looking at it

Matt

May 10, 2019 at 7:40 am

Boak or Tim Kelly? Kelly a lot cheaper, but Boak works better for my bye structure. Also something very appealing about getting in the highest averaging player so far. Or is Kelly better value?

4. Reciprocatory

May 10, 2019 at 7:55 am

Kelly is better value, but more suceptible to a tag.
    Boak should continue to average more.
    Both look must haves.

the internet

May 10, 2019 at 11:51 am

Not sure Boak will average more by seasons end: he has never averaged more than 96.1 in a season in AF/DT ever. Totally agree that both are must haves. Get Boak now (with all the PA outs, surely a of ball is going through him). Get TK later. At present Boak clearly has the higher ceiling

Petracca

May 10, 2019 at 8:10 am

Which option to trade libba & Dangerfield to guys:

1) Boak & ~ 200k rook (or l. Baker?
    2) as above except treloar instead of Boak
    3) Fyfe & Ziebell

Would have ~ 300k in the bank with first 2 options to upgrade Wilkie and Burgess next week.

Cheers

Ben

May 10, 2019 at 10:01 am

Option 1 if you’re happy to have a rook on the field this week

the internet

May 10, 2019 at 11:53 am

Personally, I don’t like any of them a great deal. Probably 3 if I had to choose one if it meant all players had to be fielded

Petracca

May 10, 2019 at 12:40 pm

Hmmm, ok how about this:
        4) Wilkie (bench) & Libba > rookie (bench) and C. Daniel.
        Danger to mid and Hayes to replace him should he be a late out.

PK

May 10, 2019 at 8:17 am

Looking to bring in a defender with the R12 bye. Who is the better option out of Sicily and Daniel? They both worry me a little.

May 10, 2019 at 8:49 am

Me too. I looked at them both earlier this week and concluded that Sicily will average more, but Daniel was safer and had the bonus of dpp. Can u see Daniel likely being in your forward line down the track? – that could be a circuit breaker.
      Sicily also may get a little cheaper, Daniel won’t.

The Cricket

May 10, 2019 at 3:13 pm

With the byes coming up Daniel’s DPP status could be very handy for shuffling players around and trading to ensure you have eighteen playing each round. If all other considerations seem equal (such as not being really sold on either) then maybe that could be what tips your hand?

lizardofoz

May 10, 2019 at 8:21 am

A player who is averaging 95 or upwards you simply dont trade
    …unless he’s likely to be out for some time.

May 10, 2019 at 8:45 am

Or playing forward on one leg?

Petracca

May 10, 2019 at 9:41 am

What do you think Recip? I’m leaning trade because of the high BE, likely late out this week, and because bringing in Boak suits my bye structure. However I think I am also being influenced by holding Whitfield last week when I should have traded!

May 10, 2019 at 10:35 am

I have no idea. I always get these ones wrong.
          If I trade it will be to Ziebell with an upgrade elsewhere.

lizardofoz

May 10, 2019 at 12:51 pm

I was talking more about Walsh mentioned in the article but it applies equally to Rockliff n Ebert.

May 10, 2019 at 2:04 pm

And equally to Danger?

The Wizard

May 10, 2019 at 1:43 pm

Best comment i’ve seen today. Well said sir.

The Wizard

May 10, 2019 at 1:45 pm

oops meant for your comment above.

M8

May 10, 2019 at 8:22 am

DEF: Lloyd, Whitfield, Smith, Williams, Hore, Scrimshaw (Duursma, Answerth)
    MID: Macrae, Coniglio, Cripps, Rockliff, B.Crouch, Libba, Walsh, Ross (Stack, Hayes)
    RUCK: Grundy, Witts (Flynn, Fort)
    FWD: Dangerfield, Kelly, Worpel, Dusty, Drew, Baker (Gibbons, Balta)
    Cash: $200k.
    Thoughts on going Libba to Boak and I need to downgrade to get some cash for that trade so maybe Balta to Corbett? Leaves my fielded rookies at DEF: Scrimshaw, Hore and stack MID: Walsh, Duursma and Ross and FWD: Drew, thoughts?

May 10, 2019 at 8:51 am

Solid

M8

May 10, 2019 at 3:14 pm

Cheers

Tyran97

May 10, 2019 at 8:29 am

Have to trade Adams only have $700k
    Who to get out of
    Hunter, Zorko, Sidebottom, Ross, dumont?

May 10, 2019 at 8:50 am

Zorko, or a forward or defender.

Snag

May 10, 2019 at 8:50 am

Really wanted to strengthen my forward line this week but Mumford out has ruined my plans. Thinking of spending my cash and going Mummy > Gawn & Ballenden (don’t ask) > Corbett leaving me with 3k left. Or I could go Mummy > Gawn & Petruccelle > Corbett leaving me with 213k for next week but I’ll have to field Corbett. Thoughts?

Ben

May 10, 2019 at 10:00 am

I like option 1. Get in a top ruck and fix a non playing rook. Can downgrade Petra next week

the internet

May 10, 2019 at 12:00 pm

option 2 for me. I would take the Gawn & the cash. Time to flick Electracelle. It is a risk with Corbett but you can hopefully upgrade again next week

DoubleA

May 10, 2019 at 2:43 pm

Option 1 for certain. You need maximum cash generation before the byes for your player upgrades. Ballenden is dead weight. Corbett’s breakeven is 3, so he’ll go up in value at least $20k next round. Petr’s BE is at his current average, so there is a good chance he has maxed out or will slide next week, but you can move him out next round and even if he slides slightly, he’s unlikely to drop more than Corbett gains. Either way you get Gawn, but otherwise you are just left having to move Ballenden out next week when you may have other more pressing trades due to injury, drops, etc

Jard

May 10, 2019 at 8:50 am

Hey all, made my trades, now second guessing myself.

Traded Danger to Boak as I feel even if Danger plays he is only good for an 80 and has the high BE.

Other trade was Libba to Pendles.

What’s your thoughts please.

May 10, 2019 at 8:53 am

Good

12. Reciprocatory

May 10, 2019 at 8:54 am

Adam Roy Davey
    @RoyDT
    Current thoughts re: Danger. Will miss one week, come back playing more forward initially, price drops quite significantly. For some reason however, I am now looking to hold and talking the HAMsters score for the week #AFLFantasy

Trade or hold?

toasted

May 10, 2019 at 9:18 am

Depends. I am looking to keep him while I can improve my team by Constable to Corbett and Libba to Trelor.
      Means I will have both Danger and Whitfield still left on my bench.

Jim

May 10, 2019 at 11:26 am

Depends if you’re happy with losing a few points per week by holding Danger or if you have the luxury of being able to sideways trade him, which not many do

13. Will

Will

May 10, 2019 at 9:35 am

Trading out Mumford and Libba, will have 1.085 mil to spend…

options

1. Reilly Obrien + Dunkley
    2. Gawn + L Young (will field Ross)
    3. Other idea?

I’m with 2 at the moment, as it means no more upgrades for ruck (ROB not a keeper, just has a low BE) and I’d like to see another week of Dunkleys role, cos with him, its all about role :|

Ben

May 10, 2019 at 9:57 am

Option 2 by a mile

May 10, 2019 at 10:17 am

Yes option 2

Ben

May 10, 2019 at 9:55 am

Legends! Held Whitfield last week and have slipped back to 14k overall. Which of these options is better?

1) Whitfield > Gaff (Arnswerth or Lockhart at D6) and Danger to Boak

2) Libba > Boak and Wilkie > Corbett. I would then swap Danger into the midfield so Hayes with the E covers him should he be a late out.

Thanks for any advice!

May 10, 2019 at 10:21 am

I feel that u just have to keeping holding Whit and pioritise getting rid of Libba. Its a very long term strategy.

the internet

May 10, 2019 at 12:04 pm

totally agree. Evidently he was very close this week to getting up

The Wizard

May 10, 2019 at 10:46 am

Ok firstly let’s just clarify something, and i’m not being a smart arse, you didn’t slip back because of holding Whitfield. I held Whits and went up from 11.5k to 6.2k. Obviously there are more issues with your team than Whitfield. Now without seeing your entire team it is hard to give good advice, but, i can say, just Don’t Panic and sideways trade your Keepers. I suspect you have done this more than once already this season. On the two examples you have given No 2 is the correct answer. Libba is not a keeper and has crashed so he needs to go, going to Boak improves your team for the rest of the year, and holding Danger and Whit will benefit when they come back in. I will be holding both Whit and Danger unless they get a long term injury. This is a prime example why not to trade solid rooks with DPP, like Drew, Stack, Rozee etc, they are perfect for covering these type of situations. one up one down are the trades to do until there are no rooks on your field, then and only then should you sideways trade.

May 10, 2019 at 11:13 am

The Wizard, that is well written.
        I’m trading Mummy to Grundy.
        To get the cash for that upgrade should I be trading;
        Danger to Ziebell?
        Rozee to Answerth?
        Duursma to Answerth?

The Wizard

May 10, 2019 at 11:35 am

Thanks for the comment. I do like Ziebell and nearly went him this week, however i want to see him in the role for 1 more. Instead i went Mundy for BE, good run and what should be instant reward. So no to trading Danger anyway and look at ziebs 1 more. No to trading Rozee for the reason in my initial post. Then that leaves Duursma to Answerth as the sensible move. If you have Rozee, Stack and Drew then hold till last as 3 rooks gives 6 cover options. e.g Def =Rozee + Stack Mid = Stack + Drew Fwd= Drew + Rozee. you can effectively keep trading all other rooks to produce cash and upgrade your squad.

Ben

May 10, 2019 at 12:29 pm

I agree with you advice whole heartedly. I have always been about the bigger/longer term picture however it has rarely paid off the last few years for varying reasons and therefore I was attempting to get an opinion on if I should change up my approach for once. Everyone appears to play this style with two trades a week in a very aggressive manner

Not being a smart ass either but not sure how you “suspect” I’ve side ways traded premos from my original comment? Please help me out there

Thanks anyway

The Wizard

May 10, 2019 at 1:16 pm

Purely on the basis that you are eager to trade 2 top positional players who have very minor injuries. Not that i care, in fact i encourage everyone to keep on sideways trading, meanwhile those coaches are still running with 6 and 7 rooks on field, Yay. You asked for advice, just trying to help out buddy.

Ben

May 10, 2019 at 3:18 pm

As I said, I appreciate and agree with your advice. I was going to include the headings of “Reactionary” and “Safe” respectively with the options provided but figured they speak for themselves. Just find your advice coupled with a thinly veiled insult with little to no evidence to back any of it up and was completely unnecessary when providing said advice. Once again, appreciate your help and best of luck for the rest of the season

The Cricket

May 10, 2019 at 3:18 pm

+1 The Wizard

MiniMonk

May 10, 2019 at 10:00 am

Thoughts on trading Witherden and Danger if it allows me to get Merrett and Treloar?

Ben

May 10, 2019 at 10:02 am

I’d sign off on it

Rowan Jones

May 10, 2019 at 10:15 am

Good move

Rowan Jones

May 10, 2019 at 10:15 am

best forward under 255k? Tossing up between Corbett and Dylan Moore from the hawks.

May 10, 2019 at 10:22 am

Corbett, just for his js and later bye

Alan J

May 10, 2019 at 10:33 am

Well, I’m stumped for this week.. 3 options – Do I go with my gut, cut the dead wood, or get the best player?? All options have Libba out and a Rookie in..

1. Bring in Fyfe for Wilkie which suits my bye structure and my gut says he can go 115+
    2. Cut Burgess for Guthrie/Dunkley which would allow another cash cow to do the job Burgess didn’t
    3. Bring in Zerret/Gaff at the expense of Setterfield/Drew who have decent JS and can give me 65ish at F6

18. Reciprocatory

May 10, 2019 at 10:55 am

Not 3. 1 would b my preference over 2 only just

Alan J

May 10, 2019 at 11:37 am

Cheers Rec.. I’m leaning towards 2 for now just because if I don’t pull the trigger now I can see myself getting stuck with Burgess even longer..

MikeLowrey

May 10, 2019 at 10:58 am

Which move looks the best:
    1. Danger & Petruccelle > Boak & Ham
    2. Danger & Constable > Dunkley & Daniel
    3. Danger & Constable > Dunkley & Yeo
    4. Contable & Lycett > Zerrett & Ham
    5. Constable & Pertrculle > Guthrie & Ham (keeps $200k in the Warne Chest)

May 10, 2019 at 11:25 am

None are the best. Constable and Petch to Boak and Corbett or Answerth is my suggestion

Searly

May 10, 2019 at 11:10 am

I’ve got to get rid of mummy and libba this week. My head says to get Gawn and either answerth or bewley (leaving me $146k)
    BUT my gut tells to go O’Brien and Ziebell (leaving me $150k)

21. Reciprocatory

May 10, 2019 at 11:27 am

Im not a doctor, but I suggest u have a stomach ache. Gawn is a must have.

The Wizard

May 10, 2019 at 11:52 am

Ha Ha, great comment. I agree Mummy and Libba have to go, and if you are trading in the ruck dept it has to be for keeps. Now, i have O’Brien, and on field, however i got him at his starting price so that when he peaks he goes to Grundy. He has a tough job this week and will more than likely be smashed around the ring.

Searly

May 10, 2019 at 1:00 pm

Love it 👍
      It’s one of those cases where you know you should go the boring sensible trade but then you see this crazy breakeven chasing trade and think hmmmm what if it works???

Liam

May 10, 2019 at 11:27 am

Thoughts on
    Petruccelle/Libba to Corbett/Fyfe or anyone under 745, JPK, pendles, Rocky, Shiel, Yeo, Zorko

May 10, 2019 at 11:32 am

Solid

Liam

May 10, 2019 at 11:33 am

Fyfe best out of that bunch??

Jim

May 10, 2019 at 11:37 am

Yeah mate

Jim

May 10, 2019 at 11:28 am

Rookie choices this week:
    Pick one from Wilkie and Lockhart
    Two from Duursma, Ross, Stack and Hayes
    And as an emergency for Danger: Corbett or Larkey

Cheers

David

May 10, 2019 at 11:39 am

Advice would be nice, thanks 😊

2 questions!

1. Libba to treloar/merrett. Then trade Collins to ham (swap burgess to defense). Thus keeping danger hoping he plays, but having either corbett or ham as E!
    Leaving 91k for next week to downgrade constable to rook and drew up to boak.

2. Libba to treloar/merrett. Collins/Constable to Keilty. Only leaving corbett as cover for danger.
    But leaving either $106k (Collins trade) or 226k (Collins trade)

Any other suggestions welcome!

2nd question

Which 3 to field out of hore, answerth, stack and young in defense. Holding Whitfield 1 more week

The Wizard

May 10, 2019 at 12:08 pm

Don’t personally like either of those rooks for cash producing or JS, but if i have to choose it would be Ham as he has more potential. Treloar may be the better pick short term, but it’s a long season and when adams comes back you may want to trade again, so it’s merrett on those grounds. Shame we can’t be sure of Danger playing, as i think Constable will be in if he doesn’t get up. Otherwise it would be Constable out for the cash to go 1 up 1 down next week.

The Wizard

May 10, 2019 at 12:09 pm

Oh and sorry. 2nd question is hore, Stack and toss a coin.

Lewie-14

May 10, 2019 at 11:57 am

These are all worse case scenarios but field one out of :
    Lockhart or Stack
    Ross or Hayes
    Petruccele or Ham

The Cricket

May 10, 2019 at 3:26 pm

Ham’s JS isn’t good. The Bombers have a lot of players competing for spots and there are even more on their injury list who’ll add to that pool.

The Wizard

May 10, 2019 at 12:12 pm

Stack more consistent, Ross for freo rather than Hayes against lions, Ham cause it’s not putrid.

Stuart W (@StuWalker88)

May 10, 2019 at 12:33 pm

Libba & Petruccelle to:
    1. Treloar & Corbett (+238k)
    2. Gaff & Corbett (+213k)
    3. Ziebell & Dunkley (+57k)
    4. Ziebell & Daniel (+11k)

Petez

May 10, 2019 at 12:36 pm

Hey guys. Yoyo or Seb Ross. I’m thinking yoyo but seb Ross suits my bye structure better. But il still be okay with yoyo for byes. Cheers.

The Wizard

May 10, 2019 at 12:40 pm

Heres an example of the benefits of the 3 said Rookies. Stack swaps with Whit to cover, Whit goes on Mid Bench. Drew swaps with Boak, Boak plays Mid, Ross Covers. Miers goes on Fwd ground, Drew Coverts in case of Danger out. Young covers Def.

DEF: Whitfield, Smith, Williams, Keith, Rozee, Hore (Young, McInerney)
    MID: Coniglio, Bontempelli, Bray, Taranto, Rocky, Steele, Sheed, Stack (Ross, Drew)
    RUCK: Witts, O’Brien (Z.Clarke, Archie)
    FWD: Dangerfield, Boak, Kelly, Mundy, Dunkley, Worpel (Miers, Larkey)

When Whits is back i have 3 weeks of 1 up 1 down until all rooks off field. Then i use stepping stones = easy up followed by sideways to finalize. McInerney only goes when Harry Morrison gets his gig. O’Brien and Clarke go down and up to Grundy as soon as cash is generated, which won’t be long.

Patrick

May 10, 2019 at 12:53 pm

Trading Constable out, am I better off getting Lockhart in meaning I can go Libba to either Fyfe/Pendles or getting Bewley meaning I can get Treloar/Gaff??

Lockhart real low b/e and decent js but am I better off getting a top premo if possible?

Lewie-14

May 10, 2019 at 1:13 pm

Burgess & Petruccelle to Keilty (D8) & Daniel ?

Ryan

May 10, 2019 at 1:25 pm

Gaff or Treloar this week? Also need to factor in weather and/or playing conditions tomorrow..

The Cricket

May 10, 2019 at 3:32 pm

It’s not just about tomorrow … think long-term, don’t chase points week to week.

NK

May 10, 2019 at 1:22 pm

Who do I field out of Scrimshaw, Answerth, Stack, Lockhart, Hayes and Atkins?

michaelt1

May 10, 2019 at 1:25 pm

Def: Lloyd, T Stewart, B Smith, Z Williams, Hore, Stack (Burgess, Duursma)

Mid: Macrae, Coniglio, Cripps, M Crouch, B Crouch, Liberatore, Walsh, Constable (Ross, Answerth)

Ruc: Grundy, Witts (Flynn, Fort)

Fwd: Dangerfield, T Kelly, Daniel, Ebert, Worpel, Drew, (Balta, Ham)

Remaining salary: $46k
    Probs looking at holding Ebert as I traded him in last week. Looked at these trades os far. Feedback appreciated.

1. Libba & Duursma to Corbett & Boak/Gaff/Treloar (does mean Corbett/Balta on field)

2. Burgess & Libba to Hately & Lockhart

3. Libba & Duursma to Hately & Ablett/Rockliff

4. Libba & Duursma to Lockhart & Laird/Ablett/Rockliff

5. Libba & Danger to lockhart & Bock + 250k

Lewie-14

May 10, 2019 at 1:56 pm

Treloar v Fyfe v Merrett ??
    Decision decisions……..

Owen

May 10, 2019 at 1:59 pm

Def- Lloyd, Houli, Scrimshaw, Duursma, Stack, Hore (Burgess, Collins)

Mid- MacCrae, Cripps, Cogs, Neale, Rocky, Constable, Walsh, Atkins

Ru – Gawn Grundy

FWD Danger, Martin, Daniel, Petruccelle, Boak, Baker.

Have 120k in bank. Thinking trading Constable Walsh to Treloar Answerth.

Move Danger to Mids and have Lockhart cover from bench any thoughts.

Recall

May 10, 2019 at 2:27 pm

Why are people looking at Corbett rathean D. Moore from hawthorn for their forward downgrade? Will Moore be dropped once Roughy is back?

Matt

May 10, 2019 at 2:28 pm

Best option/ best chance as a future cash cow? Fort vs Cameron and why please…

Fooz

May 10, 2019 at 3:08 pm

Fort. Cameron sliding in pecking order with Naismith nearly back from knee injury.

Will

May 10, 2019 at 2:34 pm

Gday legends, thinking of holding danger and whit,trading Walsh to Lloyd or boak? Good idea or not

Fooz

May 10, 2019 at 3:08 pm

I like the trade to Boak.

May 10, 2019 at 3:20 pm

Boak ahead of Laird, unless your bye structure dosen’t permit

The Wizard

May 10, 2019 at 3:55 pm

That’s how to trade, go for either, both are required.

Gaz

May 10, 2019 at 2:58 pm

Best option to bring in out of Moore, Corbett and Ham?

40. Fooz

Fooz

May 10, 2019 at 3:07 pm

Too Many options. Will have to wait for Sunday teams – i.e. Bewly etc
    At end of R7 –
    D: Lloyd, Danial, B Smith, Z Williams, Stack, Lockhart (Scrimshaw, Burgess)
    M: Cogs, Gus, Taranto, Rocky, B Crouch, Libba, Walsh, Hately, (Ross, Whitfield)
    R: Grundy, Gawn (Archie, Fort)
    F: Danger, Kelly, Heeney, Worps, Drew, L Baker (Parker, Larkey)
    $79K bank.

Options
    1) retain Whitfield & Danger
    2) Trade Whitters or Danger
    3) Trade both

Current trade Options are
    1) Hately & Libba > Treloar and Bewly (if named), with Ross on field, Parker to cover Danger
    2) Scrimshaw & Libba > Treloar and Answerth. Ross onfield,
    3) Whitfield & Danger > Treloar & Boak… Ross onfield,

thoughts?

Will

May 10, 2019 at 3:41 pm

Fooz I’d go option 2 of your trades atm. Obviously not sure if bewley will play and answerth has been ok so far